Chapter 11: Hunhan

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

The shark was freed as promised and Sehun immediately went to see the king. The king let him in of course, but Sehun wanted Luhan to remain outside. Once he got Luhan to stay outside, he went in and greeted the king as usual. "Your majesty, I have to ask that you let me continue with the trips. It is very important for trust purposes. I have to believe that Luhan can trust me, but also my party members also need to experience working together via trust. I think it is crucial for me to continue with the trips your majesty."

"If you put it that way, I must let you continue, which I will. But I am warning you, Sehun. If you ever make Luhan sad or angry, I will not be able to continue accepting you two, understood?" asked the king.

Sehun was slightly surprised that the king knew of their relationship but still he answered, "Yes, understood, your majesty. Thank you." He swam back out to meet Luhan and the latter seemed to look confused. "What? Is there something wrong?" asked Sehun.

"What were you two talking about?"

"Well, I am going to continue with my trips, that's for sure," Sehun began swimming ahead, "and also, your father knows about us," he stated bluntly.

Luhan was shocked. "What? How? Since when?" Luhan asked.

Sehun just chuckled, "Could you take me to where my party is?"

"O-okay."

When he met his party once more, he told them that the trips were still going to continue. Luhan was still slightly worried about this and could not hide it. The next few days, Luhan felt quite lonely. He felt bored, lonely, empty and still worried about Sehun. He didn't know what he would do if something happened to Sehun. The group had somehow finished their trips within two days instead of three. So instead, on the third day, Sehun slept in and had a good long rest. 

Luhan was sleeping as well but he felt rather cold for some reason. He saw Sehun in bed sleeping peacefully. But as Luhan approached his boyfriend, he saw that there wasn't much movement and Sehun was much more pale than before. "Sehun?" he asked. There was no response. He swam as fast as he could to Sehun's side and shook the other. "Sehun, wake up! Sehun! Hunnie, wake up! Please!" he exclaimed. Luhan woke up in bed. He remembered what he had just seen and swam straight to Sehun's room. He saw Sehun checking out his wardrobe and he felt so relieved.

"Oh hey Luhan," said Sehun.

Luhan swam right up to Sehun and hugged him. He began crying, "Thank goodness you're still alive."

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be alive?" he asked. "Don't tell me. Did you have a nightmare about me? Dying?" asked Sehun. He felt Luhan nod his head against his shoulder. "It's just a dream Luhan. It isn't like it will happen. I am healthy and I don't plan to leave this world any time soon, so don't you worry Luhan," assured Sehun.

Luhan moved away and Sehun finally saw the other's face clearly. Luhan's face just said worry and fear all over it. He regained composure, "Sorry about that." Sehun couldn't help but burst out in laughter, "What's so funny?"

"Sorry, it's just that your hair is," he gestured upwards, above his head.

Luhan went to the mirror and his eyes widened in shock when he saw his bed hair. He grabbed the brush on the dresser and brushed his hair back down. He relaxed slightly after it had been flattened. He pouted and glared at Sehun playfully, "You didn't have to be so vague about it, you know? Let alone so late after you've seen me!"

They chased each other around the castle and shocked a few people along the way - including Lay, Suho and even Tao the messenger. The two of them ended up at Luhan's room. Soon, before they were even able to enter Luhan's room, Tao was calling for Sehun, "Sir, the king has asked that you go out and become friendlier with the sharks today."

"Thank you. Tell him that I will be leaving soon," replied Sehun. Tao left and Sehun turned to face Luhan, "Don't worry Luhan, I can take care of myself." He left the castle soon after that and this time he was alone. Once he was out far enough, he whistled as loudly as he could, signaling for any sharks to come by if they wished. One of the first to arrive was the shark from the other day.

You called?

"Yes, but not for serious stuff. I just wanted to become friends with some of you. I didn't realise it before but you seem pretty young," commented Sehun.

Well, I guess you could say that. In both human and shark years I am 22. I didn't realise this either, but you aren't actually a merman are you?

Please log in to read the full chapter