Chapter 18

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

When they woke up the next morning, it wasn't the usual nice feeling they had when waking up. Instead, they were woken up from something that was slightly off about the atmosphere. Sehun sensed something from the window side of the room and forced Luhan over the side of the bed and onto the floor - and just in time. The window shattered inwards and all the pieces of glass flew into the room, leaving cuts on Sehun's skin and a few pieces of glass imbedding themselves into his skin. He ran over to see if there was anyone nearby, but failed when he saw no one out there. He went over to Luhan who seemed to be in shock, "Luhan, are you alright?" asked Sehun as he bent down.

When Luhan looked up and saw all the little injuries that Sehun received from the blast, "Sehun, we have to get those pieces out of you," was all he could say. He ran over to his phone and called Kyungsoo. The latter came quickly and was slightly shocked when he saw Sehun.

"Sehun, how on earth did you get so many cuts?" asked Kyungsoo.

Before Sehun could answer, there was a knock at the door, "Who is it?" asked Luhan as he opened the door. When he opened it, he saw a very out of breath Chunji and Ricky. "What are you two doing here?" he asked as he let them in.

"Well, we felt something odd in the air and it was headed over here, but we were too late to catch whoever it was. When we heard the crashing of your window, we came running," explained Chunji.

"Ow!" exclaimed Sehun as Kyungsoo pulled out a piece of glass from his arm. "You can go check it out if you want," offered Sehun, gesturing to the bedroom. The two of them went into the bedroom and came back out as fast as they had gone in. "That was awfully fast," stated Sehun.

Ricky looked a bit pale, "There is something definitely not right about that."

"Are you okay, Ricky?" asked Kyungsoo.

"Yeah, he'll be fine. He hasn't had his powers for as long as I have, so he gets affected more easily by any negativity. Negativity meaning that whoever tried to attack you this morning, wasn't exactly the nicest person," explained Chunji. "But we can tell you this for sure. Whoever or whatever attacked you this morning, wasn't any Elemental. The power running around the glass right now is definitely unstable. It's either some idiot who is trying to use his power randomly for fun or it's someone who has no control over themselves. That's all that I've got, anything you want to add, Ricky?"

"Well, there was something I noticed about the actual wall. It was sliced diagonally, bottom left to top right, which would be the opposite for the attacker because they were outside, so they were most likely using their right hand," explained Ricky.

Kyungsoo was done by the time they had observed and explained everything they could. Sehun had his whole arm wrapped in a bandage. Chunji, Ricky and Kyungsoo all left at the same time and then it was time to clear up the mess and call in the repair man. It didn't take too long to clean up the glass, but afterwards, Luhan didn't look too well.

"Luhan, are you feeling alright? You look a bit sick," said Sehun as he pulled the other gently onto his lap. He placed his forehead against Luhan's to see if he had a fever, "Well, you don't have a fever, but you look a little cold."

"It's nothing really, I just feel sort of scared," he said. "There is obviously someone after you and you will get hurt so much. You already have gotten hurt from this. I just don't want to lose- " Luhan was cut off by Sehun's kiss. Yes, for the first time since the two had met, Sehun was kissing Luhan on the lips. To Luhan, Sehun's lips weren't as rough as he had imagined they would be. Instead they were smooth and moist - much like his own. When Sehun pulled away, his mind went completely blank. He only saw a smiling Sehun in front of him.

"Much better," said the other, "That was our first kiss, wasn't it?" asked Sehun. Luhan could only nod stiffly in agreement. It may not have been Sehun's first ever kiss, but it was for Luhan. He had never kissed anyone on the lips before, nor had anyone kissed him on the lips. Sehun saw Luhan's slightly stunned expression, "Don't tell me that was your first kiss?" asked Sehun.

Without realising it, Luhan's face slowly turned a tad bit more red than what it was a moment ago. "I-it was," admitted Luhan.

"Well then I'm glad that it was me," whispered Sehun. "Now, to call the repair man about that window," said Sehun. He called the repair man and the job was finished within two

Please log in to read the full chapter