Chapter 23

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sehun drove over to where Junior and his friends lived and pressed the door bell. He had told Luhan to stay home because it would be too dangerous for him. Someone came running towards the door and opened it. It was JB and he smiled when he saw the familiar face. He opened the door and let Sehun in. They had organised this meeting so that they could plan a way to get to the place their last friend was staying at. Sehun would only know how to bring the guy back out of the brainwashing once he saw him. They had planned to drive around to the back of the water front base and infiltrate by climbing over what seemed to be a fence. They would do their best to get to their friend as fast as they could and after Sehun assessed the situation, they would go on from there.

It was best for them to put the plan into action that night. So, they drove out to where the base was, but when they got there, Sehun noticed something very strange. "There's only two people in there," he whispered.

"What? The last time I checked there were several armed guards and a few higher-ups in there," retorted Junior.

"No, that can't be," Sehun said abruptly. "I'm guessing the other guy is your friend, but somehow he has...Luhan in there too."

After hearing this, they all were shocked but they continued with the plan. The jumped the fence and barged into the somewhat cozy two storey house. When they got into the main area downstairs, a young man was standing there, facing their way. Behind him was Luhan who had a piece of cloth around his mouth and was bound to a metal beam. The placement was concerning Sehun as it was right at the edge of the house and right above the ocean.

"Well well well, why it isn't the escapees? Oh and is this the infamous leader of the sharks? My, what am I going to do?" the young man asked sarcastically.

"Youngjae, please you have to listen to us!"

"Hyung, snap out of it!"

As the others tried to call out to their friend, Sehun could see the darkness swirling in and around Youngjae being forced to go away, but it would keep retracting into his body. As Sehun was concentrating, he didn't realise that Youngjae had taken a step towards Luhan. Suddenly, he pushed the metal beam over the edge of the cliff. Sehun instinctively went after it and ran over the edge.

Youngjae smirked as he looked to the others, "Well, that was easier than I expected." The others were too shocked to say anything. "Both the leader of the sharks and the prince gone in one go!" he exclaimed.

"What happened to all the guards and other people who were here?" asked Junior.

"I got rid of them. They were so annoying and trying to control me. So, I just- " He stopped talking as he felt a cold feeling on the back of his neck. The others were shocked to see Sehun who was holding an unconscious Luhan in one arm and pointing his naginata at Youngjae in the other. Youngjae quickly moved out of the position and couldn't believe his eyes. "But how?"

Sehun's eyes turned a bright red as he walked over to Youngjae, "It's called saving someone in mid-air." He placed Luhan against a nearby wall and continued towards Youngjae. "I'm not going kill you, just going to get rid of that nasty energy around you that's all," he announced. Sehun created circular shapes around in the air and each one moved over and squeezed Youngjae. After

Please log in to read the full chapter