Chapter 20: Hunhan

Swimming Against The Tides
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mark was silent for a while, "Mark-hyung, what are you not telling us?" asked Yugyeom.

"If you can't say it, then I will, if you want Mark," offered Sehun.

"No, I will say it." Mark stood up, "I've never told anyone else about it before, but I...I...am a...a...mer...man," he stumbled.

"And so is Luhan," added Sehun.

"Which brings me to ask why the leader of the sharks and the prince of the merfolk are together," Mark asked coldly.

"I guess you haven't heard," said Sehun, "There has been a recent alliance between the two of us. I killed the previous leader whilst protecting Luhan."

"What sort of relatioship are you two in anyway?" asked Mark.

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it?" retorted Sehun.

There was a long, eerie silence in the house and then there was a sudden thud. Sehun ran into the bedroom to see Luhan on the floor, unconscious. He knew that there must've been something wrong, so he lifted Luhan up and ran out of the room, "You guys can stay here if you wish, but I need to do something first. I won't be back for a while." He ran outside and to the cliff. There was definitely something wrong with Luhan and he had to find out why. Once he got to the top of the cliff, he shifted Luhan into a more comfortable position with his head the same way as his own and he jumped. They hit the water smoothly and Sehun held onto Luhan carefully. He swam as fast as he could to the castle and noticed there was someone following him. But Luhan was more important so he continued to swim even faster to get to the castle.

"Sehun, what are you doing here?" asked Lay.

"Luhan has been falling unconscious every so often and I didn't know why. I was wondering if you could help me," asked Sehun.

"Okay, follow me," gestured Lay. He stopped for a moment, "Who is that?" he asked.

Sehun looked outside and saw Mark, "Just an acquaintance of mine."

"Anyway, come on," ushered Lay.

They went into Lay's room and placed Luhan on the bed. "Do you know what could be the problem?" asked Sehun.

"Well I hate to break it to you but, Luhan-hyung faints whenever he is stressed. It isn't very serious, his body just thinks it's too much and shuts down, I guess. It always happened since we were little, but I guess he is stressed over you, Sehun. I mean, you do things that worry or scare him right?" asked Lay.

"Yeah, I do."

"This isn't really supposed to be a bad thing, but he hasn't fainted for about 5 years now, not until he met you. But it means he is comfortable around you, which is definitely a good thing, since you are a couple," said Lay.

"When will he wake up?" asked Sehun.

"In about an hour or so. I need to go and do something, so when he wakes up, feel free to go back. Bye Sehun," said Lay.

"Thanks Lay, bye," he said back. He went to sit next to Luhan on the bed. He held Luhan's hand and kissed it. He was relieved that it wasn't a problem, but there was something else that he was curious about - who was Mark really? He had not told his own friends about himself, yet he knew about Luhan. It didn't seem like he had been friends with the others for as long either, so there must be a secret he was keeping.

"Sehun? Where are we?" asked Luhan.

Sehun hadn't realised he was day dreaming for so long, "Oh, we're in Lay's room. You fainted again, so I brought you here. But we can go now, if you're okay," said Sehun.

"Okay then," Luhan got out of bed and the two of them swam out of Lay's room and out of the castle. Mark reappeared out of the blue and followed them, "Mark? What are you doing here? And since when were you a merman?" asked Luhan.

"Just as long as you have, your highness," he greeted, "I followed Sehun because I was curious as to what he was doing."

"Luhan, are you telling me that you didn't realise Mark was one of you even back at home?" asked Sehun.

"Well, maybe," Luhan blushed.

"Anyway, let's get back. Hopefully no one has destroyed our place," said Sehun. He was quite serious when he said not to destroy their house. Luckily when they got back, nothing was destroyed or ruined. Everyone else though, was asleep. "Mark, who are you? I mean, you must have a reason for being up on land right?" asked Sehun.

Mark was slightly taken aback by the questions, "Well, I'm looking for my younger brother. The prince may not know this, but my father was his guard."

Luhan was shocked, "He had two sons?" he asked.

"Yes, but I was born from my father's wife. Whereas my brother, he was born from my father's human affair. I never met my brother, b

Please log in to read the full chapter