CHAPTER 2: HEAD OVER HEELS

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

 

Alcohol does indeed kill brain cells, but unfortunately not selectively, and attempting to blank a period of your life or fully forget everything that pains you really needs a major brain surgery on yourself.

Some might get it right. It’s not impossible to drink and forget, but the best you'll get mixed results. It can be better but it can also be worst!

Unfortunately the worst is what happened to Kwon Jiyong. Drinking does work for him to forget but the fact that drinking gives him something else to worry about is a form of victory! *sarcasm*

Yes, his girlfriend broke up with him, but now he's suffering from depression. He got drunk and woke up sleeping with a stranger.

Yes, He has this feeling that his girl is cheating on him, but now he got another worst problem to remember everyday. He make out with a stranger.

So this time things go badly wrong.

*Treasure by Bruno Mars* he heard his ringtone early in the morning. He wanted to open his eyes already but his head hurts. The result of hangover.

He wanted to erase everything that had happen yesterday. Waking up with another girl is making him crazy.

The call stopped but seconds later it called again. *Treasure by Bruno Mars*

While his eyes still close he picked up his phone and answered.

"Yeoboseyo." He answered lifelessly.

No answer from the other line. Jiyong frowned and look at the screen of his phone. His eyes grew wide in shocked. His heart suddenly beats faster. He moved up in a sitting position.

"Bom!" He immediately put the phone near his ear. "Bom please talk to me." He pleads. “Please."

"Jiyong." She called him over the line quavering that made his heart raced even more.

"Bom come back to me please." He begged. "I love you so much."

"I’m sorry Jiyong."

"Bom please don’t." A tear dropped in face. "I love you so much. Don’t leave me."

"Jiyong don’t hurt yourself more. Let me go."

"I can’t Bom!" He exclaimed. "I can’t let you go. Don’t leave me."

"But I have too. I don’t love you anymore." Her voice was shaky, barely covering the sob that was about to break out.

"Don’t say that!” he exclaimed to the certain extent.

"Jiyong……I can’t do this anymore. I’m hurt already just let me go!”

“But Bom! Why?!”

“Go and find someone better than me. Move on."

"No! You're the one Bom. I know you’re the one for me----------Bom? Bom?" He looked at his phone screen and only to find out that Bom hanged up already. "Bom please!" He was trembling while holding his phone calling her back again but no answer after several attempts.

Until her phone says out of coverage area. She turned off her phone.

His broken heart was still that he only felt numbness. He just stared at his phone with empty thoughts. His eyes are misty and it’s like his heart stopped beating, for it had only beat for her. His mind went black, as did his heart. The thought that Bom already left him is breaking his heart into a million pieces.

Jiyong was devastated. The girl of his life. His first love and thought also his last is now experiencing the end of it. It's a five wonderful years for both of them. Jiyong got a love at first sight to Bom. From the first time meeting her, he never leave her alone until they became sweethearts. The moment when he saw her it’s like she’s no one he have ever seen before. Everyone else around him and any other thoughts in his mind vanishes whenever she’s beside him. Love at first sight is so magical.... it’s like a magnet pulling him towards her, Bom, the person who holds his attention in ever demeanor... when looking at her he always thought that she's the one he could spend the rest of his life with.

They met at coffee shop where Bom was working before. After graduating high school, Bom never got a chance to enter college because of financial problems. She has five siblings to support and a mother who's sick because of cancer that time. Because he's rich and he loves her so much he took all the responsibility for her family. He helped them wholeheartedly. He gave all her siblings a scholarship for school and treatments and operation for her mother until she gets better. He gave everything to her not minding the big difference of the status of their lives. She's poor. He's rich.

Everything is fine since then. Jiyong gave all his love for her making her feel happy and special everyday but an unexpected thing just happened. The day that Jiyong never wanted to see, never wanted to feel, the day he never wish to come, the day where everything seems not right. The day she broke up with him.

The days passed, Jiyong never gave up pursuing Bom. He started courting her again like before even if it would take him years to make her back to his arms again………..he will.

After a week

"Jiyong!" Bom's mother worriedly came down from the apartment. The apartment is owned by the ‘Kwon’ Family. Jiyong gave one to them for a shelter four years ago.

He turned around and saw the old but now look healthy lady holding a snacks and a drink with her. The lady who survive cancer. "Here eat." She said and gave him the snacks. Jiyong was standing under the tree in front of their apartment the whole day. "You know you're making me worried. You might get sick on what you’re doing."

“Don’t worry Omma, I’m okay.” He already used calling her omma since the day Bom and him are officially dating.

“It doesn’t seem what I see.” She said. “You look not okay and it’s worrying me.”

"How about you Omma? How's your health?"

"I'm doing good Jiyong. I'm more worried about you."

He sighed and looked down "I will never be okay until Bom talk to me.”

“Jiyong, I can see my daughter is having a hard time too. She just needs space to think.”

“But giving her space scares me. It scares me that if I’ll give her a chance to stay away from me she'll never comeback.” he kept his voice low and spoke slowly to relay a sense of steadiness, like calm before a storm of grief. “That’s why I need to talk to her……..I need to talk to her……..I need her……….I need to get her back to me. Omma! I want her back." His eyes turned misty while looking down the ground.

The young man’s words metaphorically tore it out of her. "You love her so much Jiyong.”

“Yes Omma and I can’t help it. I love her so much that I can’t help being away from her.” He’s trying not to break down in front of the old lady.

She put her wrinkled warm palm in his shoulder and start soothing him “I’m afraid that my daughter can’t really give back all the love you’re giving her."

"I don’t need her to love me as much as I love her……I just need her to come back to me and stay." He said in a rough low sad voice.

The old lady sighed. "My daughter is confused."

"I know omma…..That's why I’m waiting here………until she talks to me again. I want to know what confuses her. I want to know why---"

"Jiyong…" a familiar soft voice that he’s been longing for to hear finally entered his ears and its making him go crazy. He turned his head around in no time only to see her puffy eyes and red nose. She’s been crying. She’s been crying hard the whole time.

"Bom." He uttered quavering.

Tears flowed down to her cheeks again. "I’m sorry!" She bursted and run unto him. She wrapped her arms to his neck and hugged him tightly. Jiyong stood there unmoving. "I’m sorry Jiyong I’m sorry. I want you back. Please forgive me."

A tear fell to his cheeks once again. His heart is racing like it’s going to explode in any moment. He smiled in contentment hearing that from her. He hugged her tightly. "You're back." He gratefully said.

__________________

Dara shriveled her hair in frustration. His father rejected her project proposal once again.

"You really can’t do any better than this. If I were you I'll give up." That was her father told her a while ago during her presentation. Out of the almost hundred projects she proposed all of it got the CEO's rejection. None of it made his father think twice to approve. And that is hurting her.

Thinking that this might be her father’s way to test her if she deserves to be his daughter is the only thing that keeps pushing her to fight.

Sandara Park, the daughter of the founder of the airline company called “Korean Airways Co Ltd.” It is a Korean based company engaged in the passenger airline transportation businesses. The CEO has his only daughter named Sandara.

How can fathers go on about life as if there child doesn’t exist?

That's what Dara feels for her father. All her life she never felt the love that comes from a father. But what can she do? She can’t really blame him for hating her this much. She’s the reason why her mother died. It happened when her mother gave birth to her. That means she never got a chance to see her mother and it hurts her so much……..but the most painful part is her father is blaming her why his wife died. She doesn’t really want that to happen, right? But how come her father hates her this much as if she killed her own mother.

“Whenever I see you I remember your mother and it’s giving me pain inside me that I can’t endure. Whenever I see you it reminds me that I lost her already…that she’s gone and will never ever coming back again. I hate you for a reason…..and this is the reason for hating you. You took my love away from me.” That was her father told her when she was 10.

An absence of hope engulfed her. It gives her those feelings and thinking to rebel, to turn her life to a darker place. Drink every night, smoke everyday, take drugs. Those things are what she wanted to try  but whenever she’s going to step out and try to do those things there’s a feeling inside her that always stopping her. She doesn’t know what it is. Is it guilt? Is it conscience? Is it fear?

She doesn’t know.

Until she only find herself accepting everything, accepting the hate of her father to her, accepting the life that God gives to her, accepting the things that comes to her. Why is she become like this? There’s a choice of hating her father too but why she choose to love him instead? Why she still accept him as her father?

It’s not because she DIDN’T want to hate him……it’s because she CAN’T hate him. She can’t hate her father. And that feeling is what stopping her to rebel, to go to that dark side of life.

Love for her family. Love for her mother. And hope for her father.

That’s what keeping her to hold on to live her life. Even though fate didn’t give her the chance to meet her mother she knows and she can feel that her mother loves her more than anything else. She carried her into her womb for 9 months with love & care and that’s enough for her to say that her mother loves her so much.

So instead of taking everything in a negative way, is it more than okay to think that her mother gave up her own life for her to see how beautiful the world is to live?

Dara’s answer is yes. It can be and because of that she’s not going to give up until the day come that her father will love her back. She’s going to live her life base on what her mother wants her to live her life. She’s going to change her father’s heart and accept and see her worth as his daughter. She will keep hoping that everything will be okay.

"Babe!" One of the most annoying people in the world called her while entering the marketing department. That made everyone inside the office looked at her. It's Lee Donghae one of the project manager in their department. Her rival and at the same time her long time suitor.

Dara rolled her eyes. Whenever she hears his voice its making her flared her nose in anger. She hates him! She hates Lee Donghae! Why?

It’s because he's one of the reasons why she's having a hard time to get his father's’ yes’ in every project proposal she's doing. That bastard is the reason why she never experience success in the company. She's the CEO's daughter but she's working there as a regular staff only- a Project Manager in Marketing Department same level with that Lee Donghae.

"Dara! I got something for you." He smilingly waved some papers in front of her. She gave him a dark look instead.

"The budget for the month." He smiled and winked at her. "Finance department finish this early so that we can start working on it now"

"You work for it yourself. It's your project anyway!" She said grumpily.

"Babe you're bitter? My success is your success too"

"Shut up!"

"We need to work on this together."

"Get lost." She annoyingly uttered.

"Babe you're being mean to me again."

"FYI Mr. Lee Donghae! I always mean to you."

"Babe I understand that's your way of being sweet to me. Don’t worry its well appreciated." He winked and walked away while laughing.

Dara rolled her eyes in disgust.

"Okay I’ll get going. Work hard babe. Love you!" He lastly said while having his way out the office.

She gaped in annoyance because that jerk is really giving her negative goose bumps in every part of her body. Lee Donghae has been courting her for 4 years already since college days. Though she always telling him to stop and stay away at her, he never gave up and keeps annoying the hell out of her.

"Dara?" She heard her name at the office again but this time it’s their department head Mr. Yang. She turned her head and saw him walking towards her.

"Y-Yes sir?"

"Your father wants to talk to you." Mr. Yang informed her.

She furrowed. Why would her father suddenly want to talk to her now? That something unusual. She then nodded to Mr. Yang and quickly went up to the CEO’s office. She entered the office nervously not sure what to do. She then bowed politely and greeted him formally. “Annyeong Haseyo.”

"Your marriage is now settled." The ceo immediately uttered.

Dara's eyes widen in shock. WHAT?! WHAT DID HE SAY? MARRIAGE?

"I called you to inform you that a week from now you'll get engaged.”

Dara can’t move any part of her body in shock. Her lips parted but no words came out. Of course she wanted to ask why? She wanted to say no! But her body is betraying her she just stood there unmoving.

“Don’t worry I will handle everything. I only need you to be present that day and everything will be okay.” He said as if it’s the most normal thing to say.

“Do you want to know the guy you’re going to marry?” he asked but she remained silent. dries up and it’s hard for her to open to answer.

"Okay I’ll take your silence as a no. I guess you want to be surprise then." He smirked and laid his back on his chair. “You can go now. I’ll just send your schedules through email.”

Dara walked out from the office without a word. She was confused on what her father just said. She’s going to get engage a week from now. What have she done in her past life for this to happen to her? She can’t believe that her father can really actually do those kinds of thing. How can he decide alone without even asking her if she wants to? It's her freaking damn personal life!

She wanted to bang her head on her desk to wake herself out from this kind-like-dream situation. She came back to her office without even her noticing it. She took her seat and stared to her monitor all day. Totally dumfounded.

___________________

Next Morning

“Good Morning Babe” Donghae greeted her sweetly. “Oh? What happened to you? You look stress.”

Dara ignored him and just stared at her desktop’s monitor to start checking her emails. She didn’t really get enough sleep last night thinking about what her father told her.

Her eyes stuck on the screen when she saw an email from her father.

TITLE: SCHEDULE

She can’t believe her father is really serious about this. Never in her life had she thought that her father can actually give her to someone else that she doesn’t even met once.

“Dara what’s the matter?” Donghae existence is not important for her right now. She can’t even hear the sounds around her.

Tears suddenlt fell down to her cheeks. Donghae’s eyes grew wide when he saw the liquids running down to her cheeks. “Dara what’s wrong?” He asked in panic. The staff inside the department stood up to look for Dara while others went to her desk to check her up.

“Dara!” Donghae shook her body but it seems she fainted with her eyes still open.

“What happened?” one of the staff worriedly asked. Dara then started crying.

“Dara what’s wrong?” Donghae looked at her extremely disturbed on how sad she looks like.

“I’m getting married.” Dara uttered while sobbing. Donghae furrowed. “Dad said my engagement will happen a week from now.”

Donghae’s hand slipped down to her shoulders. It’s like his energy for the whole day drained in seconds.

“Are you getting married Dara?” the staff asked in shock.

“NO.” Donghae blurted out. “Babe how can you marry without me knowing?”

Dara left the office early. She’s not really in the mood working in her office table today. She drove her car but she doesn’t have in mind where to go. She’s fully occupied with her sudden engagement that is about to happen a week from now. She firmly closed her eyes in anger. She tightly gripped the steering wheel while biting her lips.

BAM! CRASHED! POW!! BOOM!

She felt her car forcedly stopped.

OH ! Did she hit something or …………someone?

She quickly opened her eyes. She suddenly felt nervous. What was that sound?

She immediately gets out from her car shaking checking what she just hit.

She gasped in what she saw. Her car's bumper is not there anymore. The lights were broke.

“What the !” A guy shouted.

Dara hit a motorbike!

“What did you do?!” The guy strongly asked with a booming voice while having his way towards his lovely motorbike. Seeing the state of it totally damage makes him angrier. Dara kept her head down hiding her face at him afraid to see the flaring nose of the guy walking towards her.

“What have you done to my motorbike?!!!” He shouted frigidly while staring at his now ruined motorbike. “YAH!YOU!!!!” Dara stepped backwards in fright hearing his voice. The guy was about to approach her when a sudden sound produced by a car horn entered their ears and when she turned her head to her right she saw a car coming towards her. She immediately closed her eyes in panic.

Everything seemed so slow, she knew the car was not going to stop and will hit her at any moment making her close her eyes ………but nothing happened. She waited for the car to hit her but a sudden pull force claimed her. She then felt something hard covering her after the force. While opening her eyes she notices that she’s now on top of the guy.

She heard him groaned in pain and when she tried to stand up she noticed that the guy already lost his consciousness. He passed out.

“Omo!” She jerked in panic.

She brought him to the hospital near the area. He got bruises on his arms, a big one in his right arm and small bruises to the other parts of the right side of his body.

"That's him." She whispered standing outside the room where the guy is having his treatments. "That's him."

The guy from the club drinking with her and the guy who owns the motorbike she just hit and the guy who saved her life a while ago is the same guy who took her purity. After realising that it's him she runaway from the hospital.

_____________

 

 

Jiyong winced in pain. His big bruise in his right arm aches like fire. He gets it from saving the girl a while ago in front of the coffee shop. Today was supposed to be a wonderful date with his girlfriend but it turned out to be the worst day.

"Jiyong are you okay??" Bom worriedly came in and check on him immediately. "Omo you have bruises."

"Yeah~~but it’s not going to kill me.” He assured. “By the way who told you I'm here?" He asked.

"The staffs at the coffee shop told me." She answered.

Jiyong told Bom what happened. "…..I saved the girl from the car that's about to hit her in front of the coffee shop and unfortunately this girl was also the girl who hit my baby." He shook his head while remembering the state of his motorbike a.k.a baby.

"Good to know nothing worst happen to you."

"Except to my baby! He was extremely damage!" Jiyong remorsefully said.

"You can always replace that motorbike with a new one. Your life is more important." She said.

He can’t help it but let out a small smile to his face. Her words just comforted him like that though no one in this world can really replace that motorbike. That bike is a Suzuki AEM Carbon Fiber Hayabusa worth $200,000 one of the most expensive motorbikes in the world. It was made in carbon fiber and one of the lightest bikes ever and he’s the only person and the youngest man who have that in the city of Korea! So the hate he’s feeling towards the girl is extremely burning!

Jiyong glance at the nurse beside him and asked her about the girl who crashed his motorbike but the nurse told him that the girl left the hospital without anyone noticing her.

"! She still needs to pay me for the damages!!!" He angrily said.

"Ji calm down." Bom hold his hand.

He shook his head. “I need to find that girl! She left without even saying sorry for what she'd done! Damn! She needs to pay for it!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

what do you think?

^________^ thank you for reading guys!