CHAPTER 1: GET DRUNK

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

 

When alcohol makes you lose your inhibitions that’s a disaster! You’ll do things when under the influence that you wouldn’t normally do. This effect has its advantages. However, there’s also the risk that you can become dependent on alcohol. You make contact with people more easily, feel more sure of yourself, are less bothered by guilt or shame, worry less, get to sleep more easily, and even enjoy more!

The alcohol stinks to and nose and her eyes felt heavy already making her to close her eyes. Dara didn’t know how much alcohol she already consumed but there are two empty cans of beer on top of the table in front of her. She was sitting there with her head laid back on the couch.

The loud banger music can be heard around. The sounds coming from the speakers are exploding at its best because of the maximum noise it releasing. People are wildly dancing at the dance floor and can’t be able to control themselves to party hard.

Tonight drinking is the only way to forget what Dara really feels, to forget everything that she’s gone through and she's going through.

Yes to forget!

She wants to forget because she doesn't know what to do with herself anymore, her problems consumed all of her thoughts and draining all her energy every day of her life.

"Hi." A sluggish unfamiliar male voice suddenly greeted her. She then felt that guy sat beside her on the couch. But Dara choose to ignore him still her eyes closed not really interested to the person who came.

"Do you mind if I share a moment with you?" He asked. His husky voice caught Dara’s attention so she tried to open her heavy eyes and glanced at him.

She saw the guy put four bottles of beer in the table in front of her. She blinked at those cans and looked back at him again.

“Do you want to drink with me?” He asked. He’s voice sounds pleading.

Since Dara’s brain can’t normally process what was really happening she just stared at him blankly. She's drunk. She seems doesn’t hear what the guy were saying.

He smirked and raised his hand in front of her showing his index finger up. "Just one bottle huh." He said.

Dara stared at his index finger and looked back at him blankly again.

“Just one” He said for the second time.

She then smiled widely at him and nodded her head continuously making her dizzy at the moment so her head fall limply on the table in front of her. The guy was shocked seeing the girl’s head fell on the table. That might be hurt. He thought. But the girl seems look okay. But not until she started talking

“Okay! lezdrinktogether.” She replied with a pure drunkenness in her voice. Her left cheek still attached on the cold table with her eyes close.

He chuckled. Dara slowly opened her heavy-lidded eyes, glanced at the guy and smiled. "Givemeahhhdrink" she blurted.

He smiled. "Here." He picked up a can of beer from the table and gave it to her.

Dara accepted and got her back straight, then she started opening the can.

Open it.

Open. Open.

Urghh

Open!!!!!

After a minute she’s still unbelievably struggling over the can of beer to open it.

How come she can’t open a can of beer? That can be the easiest thing to do that even monkeys can!

The guy can’t do any better but just amusingly stared at the girl in front of him giving her best to open the damn can of beer. Obviously her drunken energy is not enough to open it.

“How silly!!!” She finally yelled. “Why I can’t open you huh?!! Let me try you again! Be good! Arasso! ” She angrily said as if talking to the can is a normal thing to do.

Dara then put over the can opening trying to open it with her teeth.

The !

The guy widen his eyes while watching her struggling herself to the poor can of beer. She might lose her teeth by doing that.

“What the hell are you doing?!” He snatched the can from her hand and opened it effortlessly.

"Woah you open it?!” She gaped at him as if it’s her first time to see someone opened a can of beer that easily. “Yaaaaaaaah you’re sooo cooooooooool." She said in amusement.

The guy shook his head and opened a can for himself too. He laid his back on the couch and started drinking his beer. Suddenly he felt his heart ripping again. He decided to drink to forget but consuming seven cans of beer seems doesn’t enough for him to ignore what his heart feels right now.

The pain.

The hole in his chest.

It’s there.

The alcohol is not a help at all.

He approach the girl to drink with him after watching her drowned herself with the liquor a while ago. He was amused on how the girl gets easily drunk with only two cans of beer. He thought drinking with someone might help him get drunk too that’s why he’s now here sitting beside the girl who seems so lucky to be lost in her own world being intoxicated.

“Ahhhhhhhhh” The girl breathe in satisfaction. She waved her another empty can in the air. “This is so gooooood.” She said. “Hey!” she called the guy beside her but looked at him in wonder. “And why yeeer not drinking beer?” She asked in a totally drunken way while wrinkling her forehead at him.

The guy glanced at Dara and smiled. “You’re so lucky to get drunk easily.”

A sudden paused for a moment. Dara trying to absorb what he said.

“Wahahahaha yeaaaaaah” She laughed in late reaction. “I love being drunk!!! It feels good!!!!”

He chuckled while watching her totally lost it.

“It feels good?” He asked the drunken woman.

“Yeah! It feels good!! Super super good! You know you should drink more!!! That’s the only key to inebriate yourself!! Drink more!!” She encouraged inexpertly.

“But this is my eight can already.” he chuckled. “But I’m still not feeling good.”

“Really?! Wow! That means you’re so strong! *hiccup*” She complimented him in that way.

“Why do you say being drunk feels good?” the guy asked curiously forgetting that he’s talking to an intoxicated and lightheaded girl.

“Well……….You know *hiccup* Alcohol is always there whenever we're not okay. So you should be friend with alcohols. They will help you.” She said as if what she’s saying to him is what you should need to believe.

“You think they really help?” He asked her seriously.

She nodded enthusiastically. “Yes! Yes! Yes! When things go bad, and I mean really, really bad, look to alcohol to take the pain away, to soothe you like a gentle anesthetic ….and do you know alcohol is like whispering into your ears that it's all going to be OK? That’s the greatest feeling I have right now.” She eagerly stated. “The alcohol is really whispering into my ears that everything will be okay. *hiccup*”

He smirked. “That’s amazing.” He said. “I envy you then. I want to feel that way too.” He’s eyes down casted. "Feeling of being okay."

“Then get drunk!!” She said in a loud voice.

He glanced at her. She looks so okay like she’s not carrying any problem with her at the moment. Is that how alcohol works? Jiyong really wanted to experience that kind of thing when you lost your mind and lost control when you’re drunk. “Can you help me then?” He asked. There's something in his voice sounds pleading. “Can you help me be drunken …………..to take my pain away?”

He stared at her. His eyes are seeking for something, pleading for something and that made Dara unmoving at her place. Even though she was obviously drowned right now, the impact of his eyes locked with hers makes her feel that there’s pain inside this guy’s heart.

“Okay I will help you then.” She said smoothly. *hiccup*

The guy smiled at her at ease.

“Here! Go drink all of this!” Dara left him for a moment and immediately got back with liquors with her. She put everything in the table and presented it to him. “Don’t even hesitate to drink any of these. Arasso?!. *hiccup*

The guy laughed unbelievably while nodding at her in response. Dara get first the bottle of sky vodka and place it in front of him. “Drink it!”

“Without a glass?”

“Without a glashhhh.” She pointed out.

“Okay. That sounds good.” He agreed in response and started drinking in the bottle.

"Hey…I wanna asked you. Why are you here drinking?" Dara wondered while her drunkenness is leveling up.

He can’t deny it he already has heavy eyes. The alcohol is working on him now. The girl seems successful making him drunk. He smiled at his drink first before answering "Same reason why you're drinking too."

"Same reason why I’m drinking too?" She giggled and hiccupped.

"Yeah" he replied.

She laughed. “So…. do you know my reason why I’m here? Why I’m drin *hiccup* king?

"You want to forget.” He blurted out. “Same with me. My reason being here drowning myself with alcohol is because I want to forget.”

Dara furrowed at him with half eyes.

“No people drowning their selves without feeling pain inside here." Jiyong pointed her chest. Dara then looked down to her chest where his index finger pointed.

She smiled. "Ahhhhh yeaaaaah~ I actually feel PAIN in here too." She said emphasizing the word.

"Is the reason of your pain is about a guy?" He guessed.

She laughed and nodded slowly. "Wow! You got that right! *hiccup* Daebak!"

"Did the guy abandon you?"

"Huh?"

"Did he broke up with you or you broke up with him?"

She pouted. “Aniyo! How can we break up?! We’re not into that kind of relationship yeeeeer thinking *hiccup* *hiccup*” Her hiccups is now severe.

He raised his eyebrows. “Huh?” he tilted his head at her in question.

“I feel pain!” She hit her chest with her fist. “It’s because he didn’t see my worth for him. No matter what I do he didn’t see me as me. I’m totally ignored. All my life!" Unexpected tears suddenly drop to her cheeks. “He didn’t see my worth. Not even once.”

"Ahhh He doesn’t care at you at all?”

She nodded wiping her tears that already stained her cheeks. "Only my hope is keeping me to hold on to him."

“Damn those stupid guys making girls cry." He blurted out with anger in his tone. "Let him go! Those kinds of guy are not worthy at all."

She glanced at him and suddenly felt unidentified warmth inside her after seeing his reaction towards what she just said. She ignored it because it made her uncomfortable. "How boutyou? Why yeeeeer drowning yerself here?" She asked in curiosity too.

"I told you I’m here to forget also." He replied drinking another bottle.

“Heartbreak?"

“Yeah.” He let out falsified chuckles. "And I’m totally and extremely broken."

"Aigoooooo. *hiccup* *hiccup* “She leaned her back to the couch to rest her already heavy back. “What did the girl did to you that break your heart?” She asked.

He stared at his bottled and slowly poured a drink on the glass in front of him and smirked. "She loves another man." he whispered. "But she didn’t admit it yet to me but I already knew it………………….and she’s lying." He didn’t stop pouring on the glass so the intoxicating liquid overflowed.

“OWWWWCH! That hurts!” She exclaimed.

“Yeah. It hurts.” He said smilingly.

The girl shook her head and said. “She’s stupid breaking your heart like that”

He chuckled and a sudden realization came in into him and it’s something interesting.

The pain.

The pain that’s like ripping his heart a while ago is now out of nowhere. He felt sad. Yes. But the pain inside him lessens. Is this because of the help for being intoxicated? He thought. That's interesting!

Wow alcohol really helps. The girl is right. He thought.

"Yeah~~~” He laughed and drink more trying to get rid every emotions he’s feeling right now.  He glanced at her and found her lying on the couch already. “Yaaah! Why are you sleeping?! Get up and drink more!” He said thrillingly while helping her up. He gave another can of beer to her and she immediately accepts it too.

The two continued to drown themselves with alcohol. All they want tonight is to forget everything that is hurting them. They don’t care on everything right now they just want to get rid the pain inside them.

They groove at the dance floor like there's no tomorrow. They banged their heads with the music. They jump until they feel high. Everything is so boozed up.

"AHHHHHHHHHH" Dara screamed joining the rock music that is playing loudly. She suddenly felt contentment at it when she did that so she shouted again. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

The guy laughed at her.

“That feels good! Try it!” She loudly said near his ears while dancing at the dance floor.

“What?”

“Yell!! Shout!! Scream!! IT FEELS GOOD!!” She exclaimed from the top of her lungs. “Look at me!” She said loudly.

Dara place herself at the middle of the crowed of the dancing drunk people and shouted there.

“I NEED LOVE AND FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The people around don’t seem care about her screaming like crazy because the loud rock music is mixing along with her screaming voice. That makes it sounds cooler.

Jiyong find it amusing too. "That's cool!!!!!" He said raising his voice for her to hear.

"YEAAAAAH IM COOOOOOOOOOL" she loudly replied giggling. “Try it!!”

He nodded and suddenly pulled her near him wrapping his arm around her shoulder. He smiled first and started shouting together with the rock music playing. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" He screamed.

Dara looked at him in satisfied and showed him thumbs up sign. His arms still wrapping around her.

They continued to groove wildly not minding the intermingled smells of smoke and sweat and other people around them.

The night is crazy. Everybody was manifested in a wild way.

After playing rock music for half an hour the music suddenly changed.

Unexpectedly the rock music altered into love song.

The atmosphere automatically change and people at the dance floor started grabbing their partners. Their sweethearts. Their girlfriends. And even strangers.

Dara was confused on what's happening right before her eyes. It seems the love song playing did not sink in to her brain yet. So she looked around her trying to up everything.

Out of the blue an arm wraps around her waist and pulled her. She then found out that her face is now attached of someone's chest. She slowly looked up to see who is hugging her right now.

And saw the guy looking down at her smiling. She blinked slowly trying to figure out what’s happening. She suddenly felt the guy's arms tighten around her waist pulling her closer to him. Dara gasped in his sudden action.

Warmth

That’s what she feels while in his arms right now. Is this what alcohol can give you?

Warmth?

Comfort?

Because of what she feels she hugged him back. It push her to close her eyes too and explore the comfort that now she’s experiencing.

It feels good.

While her eyes are close the song playing is now slowly entering her ears. She feels her body started swaying along with the sweet music. This unfamiliar feeling is making her want to seek more of it.

Yeah it feels good.

Is this what alcohol can give you?

___________________

Dara felt dizzy. She opened her eyes and everything is so blurry. What she feels right now is making her want to puke everywhere. She felt drowsy and hot at the same time.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh" a very loud voice almost cracked out Jiyong’s eardrums. He immediately gets up from bed in alert, thinking he's in trouble.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh" the scream still continues. So his adrenaline rush made him to throw a pillow where ever that loud screaming voice coming from.

"Ouch!" She yelled louder.

He looked around him. He was now in a sitting position on top of the bed only wearing his jockey latest edition boxers.

A second later his eyes recognized the girl standing in the corner of the room covering herself with a white blanket. He looked at her and she looks frightened.

"What happened?" He asked innocently.

"I’m the one who supposed to ask you that!!" She exclaimed.

He wrinkled his forehead.

"What did you do to me?!" She yelled.

"Excuse me?" He asked in confusion.

"I will report you to the police! You me!"

"What?!"

"You me!!" She repeated.

"Are you crazy?"

"Stop pretending you don’t know!"

"Is this a joke?"

“How dare you do this to me!!!" She exclaimed and threw the pillow back at him in bed. "I will make sure you’ll get jailed and will never come out there!!!" She’s in a verge of crying.

"Damn! What are you talking about?!" The poor guy who doesn’t have any clue what the girl was saying asked raising his voice.

"Damn you too!!" She cursed back.

"Did you just curse me?!” He asked unbelievably.

“How dare you do this to me!!” She broke down and cried.

He startled when he saw her crying. “Yah! Why are you crying?! I didn’t do anything to you!"

"Then how can you explain this? You and me in one room!" Her voice was shaking.

He stared at her trying to absorb the place and their appearance right now. He roamed his eyes around and looked at himself in disbelief and looked back at her again.

He breathes in. "I don’t know!" he voiced out while seeing the girl covering herself with a white blanket.

"How come you don’t know?!” She accusingly said. “I woke up this morning and I saw you beside me lying on that bed. And what surprise me is ........" she gulped trying to suppress her tears. "…………….I was !!! I slept on that bed !!! With you!!"

She can’t handle it anymore and started crying again. "How can you explain that?!! Damn you!!" She cried and cried.

"This is impossible! I can’t even remember what happened last night." He reasoned out.

"How can you not!!!" She was sobbing really hard now.

"Stop crying!" He commanded. “I said I can’t remember anything!” but that statement made her wailed even louder.

"Aishhht!!!” He crumpled his hair in frustration.

"Why did you do this to me?!" She yelled at him.

"I didn’t do anything to you!" He yelled back.

"But why am I ?"

He paused and looked down at himself only wearing his boxers "I….I…..I don’t know. I was drunk and I don’t remember the whole scene!”

She cried covering her face with her palms.

“I don’t even know where we are right now.” He said while looking at her pitifully. “Can you please stop crying?! It won’t help us figured out what really happened last night."

She tried to stop from crying. She wiped her tears using the white blanket covering her. Her nose is really red now that made the guy felt guilty on her state.

“Do you remember anything last night?" He abruptly asked trying to ignore his empathy towards her situation.

"Hmmmmm *sniff* *sniff* yes and I remember you…..” She answered.

He froze.

“I’m not really sure about the whole thing….." She lowered hear head. "But I remember you”

He just stared at her. He can’t deny it! He can actually remember the girl in front of him now.

Last night.

At the club.

From the moment he’s watching her while drinking alone, from asking her have a drink with him, from dancing all out last night like crazy. He remembers those things! But what the just happened they woke up with this state. ! Sleeping in one bed together!

A bottle suddenly rolled down from the table and broke into pieces when it fell on the floor. The breaking sound caught his and her attention. Their eyes darted on the three bottles of beer on the bed side table thinking that they might get themselves drunk with those bottles while in here inside this room.

He started massaging his aching head. “We’re totally drunk last night" He glanced at messy table again and let out a groaned. "."

"How about you? What do you remember?" She asked in a low voice.

"Let’s just forget about this for now." he suggested ignoring her question.

"What?!” Dara looked at him horrified. “How could you say that?! You took my ity!" she went hysterical.

He froze. "Hey!” He stared at her widely. “Calm down! Are you even sure that something happened to us?!"

She paused and tears fell from her eyes again. "But I feel different now."

He sighed and rolled his eyes. “Hangover.”

“It's not!!” She exclaimed.

He paused while looking at her curiously. "What do you mean then?" He asked.

"It hurts when I walk……….." She said while looking down at the floor. "……………….It's soaring"

He stared at her in fear. “A-are you sure?” He asked. Scared.

She nodded.

"! But I don’t feel anything!" He yelled.

"Hello! You're a guy!" she yelled back.

He raked his hair in frustration. He even throw the pillows everywhere to suppressed what he feels but suddenly his eye caught something in the bed.

He tried to identify what was that and in just seconds his brain processed it.

"Damn." He uttered while staring at the blood stain on the bed sheet and beside it was a piece of .

Dara followed his eyes and was shocked on what she saw. "Oh my gaaaahd."

"I don’t remember I used that." He defensed.

Dara cried.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

^________^ Want more?