CHAPTER 13: MAYBE

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

 

"Let's go." Jiyong said and walked straight to the elevator. Dara startled to get her things from her desk and followed him inside the elevator. She placed herself at his right side. She stood there while putting her things inside her bag and hanged it on her shoulder after. Jiyong pressed the basement button.

"How's your meeting with Mr. Yang?" Dara asked when the elevator started to move down.

"We have problem with the timeline.” He answered with a businesslike tone. “The materials for the construction this week are delayed and Mr. Yang informed me that Mr. Lee So Man was complaining about it."

She glanced at him. "He's complaining? What did he say?"

"The allotted budget for the labor is already fixed. So he's kind of not willing to provide more than what have already agreed.”

"Really?? But delays are things you can’t control…” Dara sourly uttered. “ ….he must know and ready about those kinds of circumstances."

He glanced and smirked because of how she sounds like. She's obviously has bitterness in her tongue with Lee So Man.

"Well…Korean Airways just got recovered so I understand." Jiyong replied to her trying to show his sympathy to the other side in purpose. He waited for her reaction.

She gaped. “You understand?” Her eyes grew wide. “That Lee So Man bought a bankrupt business. He should have considered expenses like this. And very obviously, merging a project that this big will cost him so much. He must know that!”

The smirked on his face never leaves as he watch her spitting fires about Lee So Man. “That’s not fair for you. You know….” She continued, her brows knitted with a frown. “…saying that he’s not willing to provide excessive expenses is like saying you should’ve shoulder it by yourself. That’s not fair. How could you understand that?”

Jiyong didn’t say anything and just stared at her amusingly but she didn’t notice. Her reaction is uncontrolled and he finds it interesting.

“He’s not smart as I thought.” She added while shaking her head petulantly. “So what now? Are you just going to let him do this in his way? If you do that, it will put you in an unfavorable position.”

Ping. The sound of elevator interrupted his eyes on her. It made him turned his head to watch the elevator door to open. “I’m going to have a meeting with him on Monday.” He then said to inform her. He walked out at the elevator first and Dara followed.

“What time so that I can I just your other appointments on that day?”

“I’ll do it in the morning at his place.” He took his car key in his pants pocket.

“Am I coming?” she asked and deep inside she’s praying for him to say no.

“No. Stay at the office.” He replied and Dara felt relieved about it. She’s not so ready to face the man who got their company. She admits that she’s not going to be okay about losing the things she has before. It will forever hunt her conscience. Losing everything turned her life in the downfall. A bad memory that will remain.

Jiyong drives the car and Dara placed herself at the front seat. "By the way Seungri transferred your things at the unit already. We just have to check if you still have some things you want to bring from your old house."

"Sure. Thanks.” She simply replied and looked outside the car’s window.

Jiyong glanced at her for a second and then turned his head in front to stick his eyes on the road. “Seungri whined on how scary that house is.” He muttered as his hands moved on the stirring wheel turning it carefully and the car moves to the left. “He said it’s really scary there.” He smiled remembering how Seungri hysterically called him while inside Dara’s house this morning.

“Maybe he saw something inside the house.” She said chuckling.

“Seungri is such a weakling.” He shook his head. “Anyhow, you’re a girl but you’re not scared in there.”

There’s a sudden pause before she open and said “But I’m scared in there too.” her voice goes shrill and he felt sorry about it, he knows she really mean it. Being alone is not as easy as it is, where she has nothing left already and she’s like facing the world on her own. It feels horrible. And he can see she wants to get away to that place too. So he’s glad he’s making a right decision now. Taking her away from that place might help her to be alright. At least.

They arrived at Dara's house around seven in the evening. Dara climbed out from the car first and opened the gate. Jiyong parked the car and followed her after. His eyes wondered around……trees and grass in the garden are already thick, dry leaves are everywhere. You can clearly say that no one takes care of the place already.

They finally entered the old house and disapproving expressions are clearly visible in Jiyong’s face. He can’t hide his dissatisfaction by the thought that she was staying here all this time. This place is really indeed looks haunted….abandoned. He saw the couch, tables, chairs, paintings and all the things in the living room covered by dust, and spider webs are in every corner of the ceiling. He shook his head, horrified by it. How does it feel to live here alone? It might be really scary for her. He thought. They went upstairs and walk through a room….…her room. The only place you can actually inhale a good air. But Jiyong still doubt it.

“Take a sit.” She said.

“No thanks.” He replied, he prefers to just stand beside the couch because his afraid that when he sat on it maybe millions of dusts mites will come out and eat him. The thought gives him chills behind his back. No wonder Seungri almost die when he came here alone.

Her room is still in a good condition maybe because this is the only place she stayed inside the house. Though you can’t really say it’s clean.

"How did you take to live here alone?" He asked. He watched her while she inspects her closets and found it empty.

“You can live anywhere when you have nowhere to stay.” She answered and his eyes flickered at her. There’s a deep emotion hidden in that response.

Dara opens the drawers. “I think Seungri already got everything I needed. I don’t have things in here left.” She continued now closing the drawers. “Let’s go?” she invited.

"Finished already?” He asked quite surprise that she didn’t took so long.

“Yes. I’ll just bring this one." she showed a frame on him.

"What's that?" he curiously asked and reached for it.

"Family photo." she answered with a small heartsick smile. Jiyong looked at it. It is Dara's Dad and……..Mom?

“Is she your mother?”

Dara nodded haughtily.

Mr. & Mrs Park. The couple looks genuinely in love with each other at the picture. Mr. Park’s arm was wrapped around his wife shoulder while wearing a beautiful smile and it’s a first time for Jiyong to see Mr. Park face glowing like that. He could not imagine he can smile like that. And her wife, Mrs. Park resting her head on his husband’s shoulder, her smile mirrors Mr. Park too. Jiyong immediately noticed that she has a resemblance to the girl standing in front of him now but that smile is different. Really different. Though it looks the same, the feeling while looking at that smile is different. Mrs. Park smile is full of love, hope, and happiness. But Dara’s……….

Jiyong looked up to her and she was smiling at him proud at the family photo that his holding in his hands but behind that smile he can see that she’s hiding something. Something painful that will cripple you inside. He winced at the thought.

He looked down at the picture again, not really wanting to see Dara’s hidden emotions from her eyes. “Your mother has a beautiful smile.” He sincerely said, instead.

“Yes she has.” Dara immediately agreed. “It just bad that I don’t have the chance to see it in person.” She said crestfallen.

“I know.” he gave her an apologetic glance and he suddenly wondered while looking back at the photo if he’s going to see this kind of smile from her…………but it seems impossible now.

The couple in the photo is like the epitome of love, hope and happiness. It will give you a good feeling when you look at it. “You feel it?” Dara asked. Jiyong nodded and smiled, easily understands what she meant. By just looking at the couple at the frame it will instantly make you smile.

But suddenly while examining everything in the photo Jiyong detected something weird about it. His eyes squinted while looking at that strange part of the picture. Dara chuckled. "That’s me! I pasted my picture there." Dara confirmed. She pasted her photo between Mr. and Mrs. Park legs. "That’s me when I’m two year old. We don’t have a family photo because my mom died giving birth to me. So…..yeah….I pasted my face in there.” She felt shy about how she weirdly pasted herself in it but she’s proud of her own dream up family photo.

Jiyong chuckled, amused by it. He returned the frame to Dara and she carefully reached it from him. “You know…… I made this when I was only ten. That time our school gave us homework about…..bring something that’s make us happy.” Dara smiled while remembering those days. “Some sweet kids brought their parents with them, their brother and sister and even their yaya….” She chuckled and continued.  “…then some brought pets, gadgets, toys, collections and other stuffs, while me…….. As a ten year old girl that time I’m wishing to have a family. A complete, real family. And I know having it… is the only thing that will makes me really really happy but because I don’t have a family to bring….. I came up with this. An improvise family photo.” She waved the frame in arm’s length and laughed at the memory.

"Very creative Ms. Park." Jiyong uttered while his eyes on her.  She laughed louder. Though she smiles and laughs, it’s not the same feeling when you look at her mother’s smile at the picture. Like what Jiyong said it’s different. Really different. And he can see that. It’s very visible in her eyes that he can’t avoid himself not to perceive it.

 

They went ahead to the condo unit after. Dara placed the frame on her bed side table. She was actually surprise that everything was on its place inside the unit already. Her clothes are inside the closets, very clean and well arranged. "Seungri did this?"

"No. The maids here." He answered while removing his suit and placed it on the coat stand.

“Oh that’s very thoughtful of them. I hope I can meet them and say thank you.”

He glared at her. So those maids are the thoughtful ones and not him? He pursed his lips and said. “No need. It’s their job. I paid them to do this.” He bragged, letting her know whose idea of arranging her things already.

“Ahhhh.” She nodded. “But still….. I think they are the one who were exhausted for doing it.”

His lips twitched at her disdain response. He has no idea if she’s doing it in purpose or it’s just natural for her not to notice what he did. He rolled his eyes. Not as if cleaning and arranging her stuffs in advance is a big deal …..But it’s still good if she will appreciate it. Right?

“But of course all thanks to you Mr. Kwon.” She finally said. And once he heard it, he chinned up and replied “Welcome.”

She smiled at him and sat on the edge of the bed. “Wow this is so fluffy and soft.” She flat her back down the mattress and bounced. The softness of the mattress is overwhelming and unbelievable. “This is like a cloud.” She beamed in satisfaction at the cozy, fluffy, warm bed.

“Of course.” He murmured with pride. He ordered it from Paris and it’s one of the most comfortable one. Thinking she can already have enough sleep there. “Anyways…..” he tried to break off her moment with her new wonderful bed to asked her “….are you hungry already?”

She looked up to him and nodded enthusiastically. "Very." she answered, and blushed. Her stomach and the baby inside it were already complaining.

Jiyong made his way to the kitchen and started getting something on the fridge. Dara followed him. She sat on the mode nature barstool chair and watched him move around the kitchen. He wore the brown plain apron and it made Dara creep a smile. Thanks god it’s not printed with flowers or bears or else exploding laughter will be heard at this very moment.

"Where do you learn cooking?" She asked putting aside the funny thought that Kwon Jiyong is wearing an apron in front of her.

"By myself.” He answered while reaching the chopping board and the knife. “I live independently since college. I cook for myself.”

“Wow. Amazing.” She said though it doesn’t sound she was amaze by it. Jiyong glanced at her. “Are you laughing?” He furrowed.

She stifled a little laugh. “You’re wearing an apron.”

His eyebrow rose and looked down to himself. “And so?” He glanced back at her, with a blank face.

Dara popped her cheeks. “Is it funny?” he asked with a voice that will dry your mouth. Dara can only shook her head in response. He is scary when his serious. He doesn’t want to be laugh at. .

Jiyong eyed her for a second before continued moving at the counter.

“Uhm…” she mumbled trying to break the awkward silence between them in the kitchen. “I heard cooking needs skills. A talent that not everybody can naturally have.”

There! A topic to start with.

“Well you know….some people can’t cook and some can.” She added.

“Yeah maybe. Genes help.” He replied while chopping garlic, still his voice is stern. “My mother loves kitchen and she cooks well.”

“I See.” She murmured. “So it’s really a fact that not everyone can cook unless you are born with it.”

“I beg to disagree.” He said while putting water on the basin with two slices of boneless chicken on it. “Everyone can cook…..cooking can be learned.”

“But how come I can’t? I tried so many times but nothing happens. I’m still the worst inside the kitchen.” She pouted. She wants to cook but it seems cooking skills are always running away from her and she wonder why.

“It means you need to exert more effort to it.” He advised and started to put salt, pepper and a tablespoon of lemon juice and rosemary to the chicken.

“Urgh I already did.”

“I don’t think you already did.”

 “Oh you don’t know what I’ve been through while trying to invade the kitchen.” She groaned. She hated her untalented-cook-self. “I can’t even fry eggs! It always burnt! It looks cancerous once you eat it.” She outburst and the way she talks about herself made Jiyong chuckled.

“That’s interesting.” He muttered. He placed the chicken inside the oven, turning it to 375 degrees.

Dara twisted . “What’s interesting about it?”

“The burnt fried eggs.” He answered and went to the sink and started washing the utensils that he used.

“Duh. What’s interesting about that?”

“How you cook it. I would like to watch you cook here some time.”

“Seriously? You will let me destroy this kitchen?”

He smirked. “Show me how will you do it then.” He challenged, though it’s easy for her to do so. That’s her natural talent …..to burn an entire kitchen.

He glanced at her and winked. She rolled her eyes. “I’ll take a bath first.” She said and walked out from the kitchen. He thinks that’s a good idea to see her struggle in cooking. He already let out little chuckles by just thinking about it. It will be fun.

After 25 minutes……She wore her blue bear printed pajamas. It’s her favorite. She wrapped a towel on her head to dry her hair since she can’t find her blower. She went back to the kitchen and found Jiyong plating the food already.

She placed herself at the barstool again. "By the way how old is your mother now?" she suddenly asked him.

"50." He answered now placing the plates on the table, one in front of Dara and one in front of him.

“You said she loves cooking.” She stared at the plates with a flavorful baked chicken served with rice.

“Yes and she loves baking. I'll bring you some of her specialty if you want.” He added. “Eat.”

“Really?” she was delighted by the thought.

He nodded now pouring lemon juice on the glass. “I visit home every weekend. And she will bake or cook for me everytime I visit."

“Wow. That’s nice of her.” She was gratified by it and Jiyong looked at her in wonder. Her reaction caught his attention.

“What is your mom specialty then?” she interestingly asked not minding the perplexed eyes of Jiyong at her towards her excitement.

“Cupcakes. That’s her specialty. You will feel heaven once you taste it.” He proudly said while starting to eat his food.

“Woah! That’s lovely! I can’t wait to taste it.” She beamed clasping her hands in front of her. “Does she always take care of you?”

“Yes.” He shortly replied now annoyed about her not minding the food in front of her.

“Does she get angry?” She asked again. Jiyong glanced at her, really puzzled. “How your mother scolds you? Is she scary when she gets mad?” Like you. She added inside her thought.

“Hey Hey! What’s with the questions?” He asked while staring at her suspiciously. “Look, I cook food for you to eat. It’s not a display.”

Dara giggled. “I know. Thank you. I just find your mom interesting.” Dara said like she’s confessing something. “Actually I find all mothers interesting. I don’t have one. That’s why I don’t really know what real mothers do. Your mother sounds kind and loving and I want to know more.”

“You should know that all mothers are different. Some are good, some are bad.”

“I don’t care. At least when you answer all my questions about your mom I know one mother’s personality already.” She said with a wide smile on her face. “So tell me about your mother please.” She flicked her lashes at him “I really want to know about them, about you mother….who knows maybe I can be like her because I will be a mother soon.” She said and Jiyong froze. He was surprised on what she said. And it’s too late for Dara to realize what just came out from . I will be a mother soon…….and you’re the father.

An awkward silence then occurred. She hung her head low. Both cheeks turned red. That’s a sensitive topic to talk about between them.

So to break the mental discomfort they are experiencing right then he cleared his throat. “My mom doesn’t starve herself when I was still in her womb.” He said. “So you must do the same." He gently pushed the plate in front of her. “Eat.” He ordered. Dara obediently nodded because she can’t think of anything not to obey him at this moment. She picked up the fork and the knife. She stared at the food first. Jiyong cooked a garlic rosemary chicken and it looks delicious. She gulped.

She started to slice the boneless chicken, and it is very tender. She her lips when slicing the chicken because the juice came out from its meat naturally. Jiyong was just watching her. She then opened wide and about to shove a piece of sliced chicken to when the smell of the chicken entered her nose. She stops.

Dara suddenly felt that there’s a warm feeling rising up to , an acidy bitter taste. She closed immediately and put down the fork. Jiyong stared at her in perplexed. “Is there something wrong?” he curiously asked. “Don’t you like the food?”

Dara shook her head and put her hand on . She strides on the sink and throw up, but since her stomach is empty only gross bitter taste liquid came out. Jiyong went to her side and pat her back, clearly understanding what’s happening. Pregnant woman usually throws up. He opened the faucet for her and Dara washed with the running water. Her abdominal muscles contracts and she winced. Jiyong hold her arm to support her. Worries showered him. “Can you walk?” He asked with a placating voice.

Dara closed her eyes and wave her hand at him. Jiyong furrowed confuse in her gesture. What does it mean? yes or no? He sighed and started to lift her up. Dara was surprised when she was carried. “I’ll bring you to bed.” He said almost undertone. “Because I think you need rest.”

Dara nodded. She put her arm around his neck, then closed her eyes and let him carry her. Jiyong walked and went out from the kitchen. He gently placed her on her bed. She’s so light that he can’t believe she’s pregnant in this kind of weight she has. Jiyong stared at her for a moment but his mind is empty.

He covered her with the blanket before leaving and ate the food he cooks all by himself instead.

______________

"Good morning." she heard a familiar husky voice. She slowly opened her eyes and sunlight beamed on her face from the glass window. "Breakfast in bed." the voice said. She lifts herself up and he saw him sitting at the side of the bed with a tray in front of him. He’d done this for the second time. The first one is in Jeju.

"I hope you can eat this." he said placing the tray near her.

Dara felt her stomach crumbled. "I’m hungry." she confessed.

"I know. You didn’t eat last night." he sliced a piece of hot pancake, dip it to the honey and gave the fork to her. "Try this."

"Wow. Look delicious." she said. "Thanks." Dara shoved the piece of pancake in . She chewed it slowly. Glad she felt fine now. She throws up last night because of the smell, not because it’s not delicious or something. It just that, her nose became so sensitive when she got pregnant. She wants to explain this to him but looking at him now felt like he doesn’t need any explanation. He knows well.

He smiled and gave her a glass of orange juice. She took it and drinks a good amount. "How do you feel now?" he asked.

"Fine." she sliced a bigger piece of pancake and quickly eats it. She continued eating. Hunger is making her act like she's a pig in front of him but she doesn’t mind her tummy needs something to digest. "Here eat this too." he gave her a slice of apple and she eats it without hesitation.

"I’m going now. I have to visit my parents first.” He said while standing up. Dara quickly looked up at him. “Finish your food. I’m going back here before lunch to pick you up. Okay?”

Dara tilted her head at him while chewing. “Why? Where are we going?”

“You will be having OB gyne checkup today.”

“Oh…….okay.” she nodded and drink her juice.

“Catch you later.” He turned his back and about to live but Dara called him. He glanced back at her again. “What?”

"Where do you sleep last night?" She worriedly and at the same time curiously asked. Of course after letting him carry her to bed last night she wonder where he stayed or slept.

"To the next room beside this unit." He answered and left.

 

 

Before lunch he went back as what he said. He was with a box of food in his hands. Dara gaped at him. “Tell me how many people you are going to feed with this food.” She felt drowned by just looking on the foods served in front of her.

“I don’t know what you will like and don’t like so I came up of buying more just to make sure you have something to eat for lunch.” He reasoned out.

Dara stared at him in awe. She’s not sure if he really cares for buying everything or he just wants her to die eating this over flowing food. Anyhow she eats the sweet lasagna.

After lunch they move off together to clinic.

"Jiyong I miss you so much!" The lady wearing all white coat beamed and hugged Jiyong tightly. "And why you only visit me now huh? You'll just remember me when you need something." The lady pouted and her wrinkles appeared in the sides of her eyes. Dara guess she was in her mid-40s already.

“And I’m wondering why you suddenly scheduled for an appointment with me today?” The lady looked at him suspiciously. “Don’t tell me you got Bom pregnant already?” she teased and Dara stiffened at her place. It’s her he got pregnant okay!

“No aunt.” Jiyong apologetically looked at her. “It’s not Bom I got…..pregnant”

The lady was taken back for a second, blinking her eyes at him. “I thought….” She stopped from saying something when her eyes find Dara standing far behind Jiyong. She looked back to him and asked “Is she?” she gestured towards Dara’s place and Jiyong nodded. The lady looks surprise. She then pats Jiyong’s shoulder and suddenly gave him a motherly smile. “Do your parents know?”

He shook his head in response. The lady’s eyes grew wide, and then she let out a deep sighed. “I don’t know what’s happening now but let me do my job first and we will get into that. Is that okay with you Kwon Jiyong?” He nodded and smiled like a little boy. “Thanks Aunt.”

She then diverted her attention to Dara. She gave her a wide and welcoming smile which all the doctors would do to their patients. “Hi. I’m Doctor Gummy. Mr. Kwon senior sister and Kwon Jiyong’s aunt. And you are?” she offered her hand. “D-Dara…..Sandara Park.” She stammered reaching her hand and they shook. It’s so uncomfortable to meet one of Jiyong’s relatives for Dara now. She doesn’t know what to feel about it. It just that it never crosses her mind to meet anyone who’s related with Jiyong in person……in this kind of situation they have now. She wondered what will be Jiyong’s explanation about them to his aunt later.

“Come with me dear. I’ll do some test with you inside.” Doctor Gummy said guiding her towards a room. “And you little boy.” Gummy glared at Jiyong. “Stay and wait here. Okay.” She ordered. Jiyong chuckled and took a sit on the waiting area of the clinic.

After an hour doctor Gummy went out first. Jiyong immediately looked up to her and wait for Dara to come out from the room but she didn’t. “Look like you’re tense.” Gummy and Jiyong can only rolled his eyes. But it’s obvious……….he is really felt uncomfortable waiting there without any updates from them for an hour. He’s very curious on what’s going on of course.

“Come and I’ll talk to you with her inside the room.” She said and winked. Jiyong stood up and entered the room too. His eyes darted to Dara who was sitting at the hospital bed buttoning her shirt.

“Ms. Park come and sit here with Mr. Kwon.” Gummy said while having her own sit in front of them. When Dara sat beside Jiyong the doctor started to talk. “I did a lot of exam to her. Pap smear, blood-pressure reading, weigh-in, exam, Pelvic exam for assessing the size of her uterus, Urine Test for protein to check pregnancy high blood pressure and so on.” She picked a folder and flips the papers in there. “Four month pregnant and this is the first doctor visit she did ever.” She shook her head disappointedly. “….I don’t know what you two are you doing but the results of the tests are very alarming.” Dara gulped and Jiyong froze. The doctor didn’t stop talking, explaining to them everything but both seems don’t understand what’s really happening until she said “a miscarriage might happen.”

They just stared to Gummy don’t know what to say, both are speechless. “Cause?” Gummy continued. “…infection and malnutrition.”

“If a miscarriage happens during the first trimester of pregnancy which is the first three months, it is usually due to problems with the unborn baby. But if a miscarriage happens during the second trimester of pregnancy and it’s between weeks 14 and 26, it may be the result of an underlying health condition in the mother.”

“Health condition?” Jiyong murmured.

“Dara’s maternal weight proves that she’s not healthy anymore.” Gummy said with all seriousness in her face. “I can’t believe you two are letting this to happen. Look at you…” She pointed at Dara. “You’re so thin and your belly is too small for a four month old pregnant woman.” Gummy massage her forehead. “I’m not sure if you’re doing this in purpose but……. I have to tell you that you two are killing someone here, an innocent one, a child.”

Dara lowered her head in shame while Jiyong continued to stare to his Aunt, listening briefly. “What should we do to prevent miscarriage then?” Jiyong asked sincerely with a low voice.

“In Dara’s case it’s called maternal under-nutrition. She’s lacking a lot of nutrients in her body and it can affect both her and the unborn child in the short and long term.” Gummy glanced at Dara. “Your body has additional demands due to the growing baby….. but you’re failing to provide those demands. And if you keep doing this…..if not miscarriage you’ll be having a pre-mature baby. Which I think both of you doesn’t want to happen. I’m sorry to say this but if you two hate having this child please at least give him a normal life to live. Don’t let him suffer because you two just accidentally created him!” Gummy can’t control herself anymore. She said she wants to say. Even if it’s below the belt. Of course she’s a doctor that takes care of unborn babies. It’s her responsibility to enlighten the parents about these kinds of things.

“So…..it’s a boy?” his voice almost cracked. Dara glanced at him but she finds him expressionless. Though his voice can’t lie he was tense at this moment. She didn’t notice that Gummy said him but Jiyong did.

“Yes it’s a boy. An unhealthy baby boy.” Gummy un-hesitantly emphasized it out. Jiyong let out a breath. It sounds like he stops breathing for a long time and he just release the air now.

“Aunt, tell us what to do to prevent it to happen…..the miscarriage.” He anxiously muttered.

Gummy unexpectedly showed a well pleased smile. “Just take care of her and be responsible enough.” She answered.

“That’s it?”

“Yes!... and that ‘That’s it’ we’re talking about is what you two having a hard time to do all this time.” She bluntly said and uncontrollably Jiyong make a face. “But don’t worry Jiyongie …..I will help you to prevent this to happen. If you don’t mind an appointment once a week will do?”

“Okay.” He simply replied and a satisfied expression appeared in Gummy’s face. Doctor Gummy might not know what really happen between the two lost people in front of her but she already have decided to make everything okay between them. Maybe not as a couple but she will help them to be a good parents.

“As long as I still want to talk to you little boy but I can already feel we have an exhausted pregnant girl here. It’s better if you take her home now and make her rest first.”

Jiyong glanced at Dara who shook her head telling him that she’s okay. That it’s okay to talk with his Aunt while she waits and Doctor Gummy saw that and glared at her getting the message too. “Oh please Sandara Park. Keep in mind that a pregnant woman needs rest and enough sleep.” She frustratingly said. “Here…” She picked some book from her shelf and walked towards Dara. “….read this. You need to be educated about this pregnancy and motherhood.”

Dara accepted the book. “Thank you.” Hearing motherhood makes her feel electrified.

“Read it and the vitamins I listed …take them all as what I told you how. Understood?!” She ordered as if it is a law that’s not should be break. “Visit me next Saturday. I will do tests on you again if your nutrition improves. Don’t forget! Okay!”

Dara nodded enthusiastically and smiled at her awkwardly. She looks like a soldier getting orders from a superior.

_________

“You heard everything, right?” Jiyong asked while driving his car.

“Clearly.” She replied looking straight at the road her hands rested on her lap.

“Let’s take care of the baby from now on. Don’t forget to eat and drink all the vitamins she required you to take.” He reminded her. She nodded again.

A deafening silence wrapped them inside the car. Dara is in deep thought same as Jiyong.

She sighed. “Jiyong………” she called but her eyes are still fixed outside the car’s window. “…..what if I lose the baby….is that okay with you?” her voice are so low almost whispering. She waited for his answer but no words came from him. Does he not hear it? She thought. She tried to glance at him and as usual he’s driving the car smoothly. She’s not sure if he’s just pretending to be focus in his drive or he doesn’t hear what she asked or he just doesn’t care about it. Though she can repeat the same question but she stops herself and leaves it out.

When they arrive at Nona9on condominium Jiyong received a call. He answered it immediately when he saw who the caller is. “Hello?” he said longingly. The other line talk and he nodded. “Yes..it’s okay I’m going. Wait for me there.” He lastly said and hanged up the phone. He then turned to Dara. “Go, eat and take a rest. Don’t forget the vitamins to take for tonight. I can’t join you for dinner but please eat. Okay? Seungri will deliver the food to your unit.” He said rushing.

Dara nodded. She should feel okay about it but she felt wrong. She felt a little dismay about him not joining her for dinner. He left without telling her where he’s going. Not as if he still needs to say it…..but Dara wonder about who just called him because he left rushing and excited.

Seungri arrived at the unit with a food with him. Dara told him to go already after she receives the food because she can surely handle herself but Seungri refused. He said Jiyong ordered him to stay until she finished her dinner, drinks her vitamins, until she fell asleep. Dara felt overwhelmed the things that Jiyong told Seungri to do but she felt uncomfortable with Seungri while eating at the kitchen.

But the guy that goes by the name of Seungri seems know how to mingle with people. She made Dara laugh at his jokes during dinner and that’s the first time after downfalls in her life she felt normal. Laughing at jokes is really refreshing. It felt stress free like she’s breathing normally with Seungri’s company.

While throwing more jokes, Seungri’s phone ring and it interrupted their laughs. He quickly answered it. “Yes Sir” he said. Dara looked at Seungri and she knows its Jiyong. “Uhmm…Not yet Sir.” He answered while biting his lips. “Ahh she’s here at the kitchen. Eating. Food.” He answered hesitantly which Dara found funny so she giggled. “Y-yes sir.” And Seungri gave his phone to her and mouthed “He wants to talk to you.”

Dara pointed at herself first then Seungri nodded in confirmation. She reached the phone and talk to him. “Hello.” She heard him sighed.

“Do you know what time already?” he barked over the phone and Dara jerked on her seat. She glanced at Seungri’s wrist watch and it says ten in the evening. She bit her lip, feeling guilty. It’s late. She can’t believe she spend time listening to Seungri’s jokes that long. “I’m sorry….I didn’t notice--”

“What you two are doing and until now you’re still wide awake?” He didn’t let her finish her sentence. “We just talk to Aunt Gummy a few hours ago and you forget all about that already?" he continued scolding her. Dara pouted. "Damn Dara! Have you even understood what my Aunt told you? Your condition is not a joke! You really want to risk your health and the baby?!Huh?!”

"Jiyong I’m sorry…."

"When I catch your eyes still wide open when I came there I will fire Seungri right away." He threatened. Dara’s hair stood. The way he said it chickened her out. He’s no joke.

Jiyong hanged up. Her guilt will definitely hunt her once Seungri got fired because she's irresponsible. She can’t let that happen. So…

"I’m sorry Seungri… It’s so nice to have a chat with you…but I need to go to bed already your boss is acting like a volcano."

He shook his head while his hands waved in front of him. "Ms. Park no. Don’t say you're sorry. It’s my fault. So yeah you better go to bed and sleep before Mr. Kwon run here and kill me."

Dara chuckled as she left the kitchen and let Seungri cleaned the area. She went straight to her comfy, fluffy, soft bed after brushing her teeth and after taking a bath. She covered herself with a blanket. She stared at the ceiling. She wondered if Seungri is still there. She wants to check but she’s afraid that Jiyong might step in and find her still awake. She can’t risk Seungri’s job.

She then rolled to her left side facing the window. The wind blew the curtain and her eyes caught the lights from the other building beside the condo. After a minute…she heard the door opened. Guessing it might be Jiyong already. She heard him talked outside but she barely heard it. Maybe he’s talking to Seungri. It gives him a couple of minutes to enter her bed room. Dara immediately closed her eyes. Glad she’s facing the window and not at the entrance of her room. She heard footsteps until it stops near her bed. She stiffened trying not to move so that he would not know she’s still awake.

She felt he moved around the bed. And because she was curious on what he’s doing she dares to peek with her left eye. She saw him, his back facing her, standing two feet away from her bed. He’s closing the window, lifting down the cover of the glass and letting the curtain freely fall. Dara quickly closed her eye when he’s about to turn. A few steps can be heard first and she felt the side of the bed moved. She internally gasped. Firmly closing her eyes. Jiyong sat on bed side where she was facing. She holds her breath wishing he didn’t noticed. Oh please. She then felt his fingers brush her cheek. . What is he doing? She thought he’s going to caress her cheek but he just tucked her hair behind her ears. She gulped, audibly. And a few steps can be heard again until it fades and she knows he already left the room. She opens her eyes and finally breathes out. She can’t believe she hold her breathe that long. But above all she wondered about what his thinking. Dara don’t have any clue what Kwon Jiyong was really up too. She doesn’t want it but she’s starting to get confused. Not clear to the reason why he’s doing this. Is this still all about his conscience towards her? Still all about his guilt for not doing anything before when she lost everything she has? Is this still all about their agreement? Dara can answer these questions with a straight yes before but now she can answer it with a maybe. A maybe that can be a yes and a maybe that can be a no.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update again. Gosh! I just wish you still like this one. I have my ending in mind already but it's still not coming hahahaha coz we haven't witness so much Daragon yet in this story lolololol please wait and be patient for it. ^_^v ppyong!

I've watch Bigbang at Icheon Asian Games through Live Stream and I suddenly miss them again! Seungri please get well soon!!