CHAPTER 15: WHIRLING MIND

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

Early Monday

Dara get up from bed and went straight to the bathroom, readying herself for another week of working in KBCC. She step in to the shower area and gets her shampoo. She then squeezed an enough amount of shampoo on her palm and put it on her hair. Massaging her hair made her remember the fingers of him touching her scalp when his hair drying her yesterday. It was so smooth, gentle and relaxing, that felt like a warm summer breeze. And by just remembering it, she felt her stomach twisted. Oh gosh what was that?  She startled. The feeling of his fingers running through her hair is completely bothering her. URGHHH! She shook her head to take away those things playing inside her mind. It’s not good to think about those at all. She then finished her shower quickly and put her clothes on. A plain white blouse, a blazer and a skirt under her knees.

Dara looked at herself in the mirror and put some make up on. She then noticed her now evident round belly. It’s now getting obvious that she’s pregnant as days passed by, and its making her worried because that means everyone will now going to suspect that she’s carrying a child inside her. Hiding it with her blazers and cardigans was something not going to work always. Everything has an end. Of course she can’t hide it forever. Things are meant to be revealed but not always in the right time or place because apparently she always gets the bad timing. And she’s anxious about it.

Dara sighed. Until now she still can’t evaluate where her life was going. All she knows now was that her only hope was Kwon Jiyong for her to start a new life. Receiving everything from him for the support reasons is the only way to survive. So she needs to endure, endure everything that was about to happen to them.

She then sat on the edge of her bed as she thinks again about her troubles, its making her weak everytime she recalls where she was now or what she was going through.

When she felt the comfort of the mattress as she sat above it, she remembered that, that was the exact area where she was sitting last night when he kissed her on her forehead. The kissed on the forehead left her dumbfounded. That was so unexpected and surprising, and it’s confusing her. Because Really, What was that for?

Dara slept late last night while thinking about that sweet gesture from him. It left her hanging, even thinking if what happened was just a dream or not. Kwon Jiyong doing that is quiet unbelievable. Does she need to be confused about it? Or she should just slip it out and forget it?

It left her a big question and that is…. Why did he do that? Because no matter how you think about it, that something was what Jiyong don’t usually do towards her and its confusing her.

Dara put her shoe in as she was trying to forget everything. This morning is making her think about so many things and she wants to stop it already. When she was ready to go her phone rang inside her shoulder bag. She looked at the phone screen and it says she received a message from Kwon Jiyong. Her stomach tightened by just reading his name on her phone. Damn. What’s happening to me? She inwardly cursed.

She opened the message and read it.

From Jiyong: Don’t go to work and just take a rest. Ms. Jung came back from her leave already and will take care of everything again in my office.

Dara’s eyebrows knitted together as she read his message again. She then replied him back.

From Dara: Does this mean I don’t have work already?

She sent it and after seconds a reply came.

From Jiyong: Well, I don’t think you still have to work. You need to take care of yourself because you’re carrying my child inside you.

Dara can’t breathe after reading his last reply. It something that will caught the air in your throat! It was unexpected words from him to say. Dara’s fingers trembled that was making her hard to type a message to reply him back. Geez! What’s happening to me? While Dara was struggling about words to type that she can’t think of, another message came from him. She quickly read it.

From Jiyong: By the way! You’ve done something that made me angry.

WHAT?!!

Dara scrunched her face with his reply. Carefully recalling what she had done that made him angry. Dara put her hand on as she thought about going out alone last night. She immediately type on her phone and unknowingly explained herself.

From Dara: Sorry. I’m really hungry and I need something to eat but when I open the fridge there was nothing but raw and need to cook products. You know I don’t know how to cook. So I went out to buy food to eat.

She sent it and waited for his reply. And it came as quick as she didn’t expect.

From Jiyong: Other than going out alone there was more.

From Dara: What?! What was that?

From Jiyong: What do you think Aunt Gummy will tell us if she finds out about the food you’re eating? Like ramen?

Holy cow! That’s why she can’t find the plastic bag with ramen inside last night. He saw it! She was thinking that she just left it on the elevator so she ignored it out. Dara bit her lower lip, having a hard time to what to say again but before her head explodes for thinking what to reply another message came from him.

From Jiyong: Anyways it’s time to eat your breakfast now. I left it in the kitchen. And don’t you ever dare to buy ramen again for lunch later! Just wait for me and I’ll bring healthy foods for you to eat.

Dara blinked at her phone for she doesn’t know how long. Her heart rate seems changed that it becomes faster than usual. A silly flip occurred on her stomach once again. That was so so so so weird. But on the other hand, this constant feeling is making her scared.

_______________________

KBCC Building : Kwon Jiyong’s office

Jiyong went to his office as early as 6 am in the morning. This is something he hasn’t done before. Going to work as early as this is a miracle to consider. And the reason for this miracle was he didn’t get enough sleep last night.

Jiyong stared at distance while sitting on his chair as he remembered what he just did last night. Not the one when he beat up the pedo guy who almost lying dead on his condo floor when he left him last night. If that pedo didn’t beg for his life he doesn’t know what else he had done to him because of the anger enveloping him that time. But that’s not what bothering him right now it was the kissed he did in her forehead. He was not sure why he even do that. But when she started crying and trembling because of fear he can’t help it. She looks vulnerable that he almost wants to wrap his arms around her for her to feel secured. Everyone has no idea how he struggled by stopping himself by doing that. But when she told him what happened to her inside the elevator the blood rush to his veins up to his head that made him hit up in anger.

Jiyong sighed. He then shut his eyes and remembered her eyes last night. And by just looking through them he could feel her pulse beating, blocking out all the sound around them. Her hands were shaking in an odd trembling rhythm as the color drained from her face and he can see it through her eyes and it’s giving him a hard time to control himself. He felt that she needs to be comforted, to take away the trauma she has. He felt he needs to kick the of that guy who made her look like this. And because of those emotions whirling around through him while watching her weak and vulnerable, it pushed him to kiss her in her forehead.

Jiyong shook his head in disbelief, taking away the memories.  The reason for kissing her is unacceptable. He should’ve done that!

He just hoped Dara didn’t assume anything about that action he showed her last night because that is something that both of them needs to forget.

He called Seungri to tell him to pick up Dara and drive her to work this morning. But after calling Seungri a call comes right after. And it was from his secretary, Ms. Jessica Jung. He shut his eyes firmly as he almost forgot about her secretary and about Dara for being his temporary secretary only. Secretary Jung called to inform him that she’s going back to work today. He bit his lip and dialed Seungri’s number again to stop him from coming to pick up Dara.

He let a deep sighed, thinking on how he’s going to say to her that Secretary Jung is now back to work taking her position already. He slammed his back against the back of his chair and decided to text Dara.

After texting her, he clenched his teeth in frustration after being fully aware of what he was texting to her. That was so ridiculous! Jiyong read what he sent to her again and the color of his face drained instantly.

From Jiyong: Well, I don’t think you still have to work. You need to take care of yourself because you’re carrying my child inside you.

“!” he cursed. Jiyong would like to hit his head against the wall. He’s out of his mind. He doesn’t have any idea why his being like this now. As long as he wants to take back everything he texted to her he can’t undo it already. Double crap! He wants to jump on the cliff right now!

Jiyong keeps running his fingers through his hair in frustration. He’s sure enough to consider that this is going to be a very long stressful day for him.

And to start with that stressful day, a ring from his office phone entered his ears. He picked it up and answered.

"Good morning, Mr. Kwon." Secretary Jung greeted over the line. He didn’t respond and just waited for her to talk. "Mr. Lee So Man called about your meeting this morning.”

“What about that?” Jiyong asked while readying the documents his going to carry with him for the meeting.

“He wants to postpone the meeting.” Secretary Jung informed him.

Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows. “For what reason?”

“He said there is a very important person who will come today for him and he needs to pick that person at the airport personally by himself today.”

“Is that so? Did he mention the name of that person?” he curiously asked.

“No Mr. Kwon.”

“Okay. Asked him about when and where is our rescheduled meeting.”

“Yes Mr. Kwon. And by the way----” Jiyong was about to hanged up but he stops when Secretary Jung still has something to say.

“What?”

“A package was sent here and it was address to you."

"Package? From whom?"

“It says it’s from Mr. Choi Seunghyun.” She answered as she reads it.

There’s a downward turn of his mouth when he heard the guy’s name. “Okay. Bring it to me here.” He ordered. And in just seconds, Secretary Jung entered his office right away. Jiyong reached for the red box as big as a shoe box. He opened the box after Secretary Jung left his office. There’s a mask inside it that can partially cover half of your face when you wear it. It is color red and with silver glitters around it. A mask that a princess could wear. He then picked up a card under the mask, he opened it. It is an invitation letter for Seunghyun’s birthday party this coming Wednesday. He then found out there are three invitation cards inside the box. He checked the two cards. The first one was for Dara and the other one was named for Spring. His shoulders slumped as he realized for whom the invitation was.

It is for Bom.

Seunghyun wrote Spring because that was what Bom means. His gripped on the invitation card for Bom tighten at the same time his chest burned in jealousy. And then his mind started to whirl with so many thoughts.

He was so against about what Seunghyun was asking him to do. To bring Bom for him on his birthday. Of course he CAN’T do that. No. He actually DON’T want to do that. He knows that’s the only way for them to see each other but doing that for them was a torture. It will rip him apart if he will be the reason why they end up together. Helping them is such a bad idea but receiving this package from Seunghyun clearly tells that he needs to do it for Bom.

He was torn between letting Bom go and make her happy or allowing himself to be happy instead.

Sacrificing himself to be hurt just to make her happy is hard to do. It’s a difficult thing to admit that Bom would be happier without him. He has never in his life felt so close to madness. Although he knew that his relationship with Bom was already over, he still had a very strong feeling towards her and its making him feel the expectation that in the end they will be together.

Jiyong spent the half day of his working hours thinking about his decision for the party on Wednesday, already forgetting about his work. Looking at the papers on the table, he run his fingers through his hair in frustration he haven’t started any of his work for this day because he was so pre-occupied by his love problems. He kicked the air questioning himself why he was like this, making himself out of focus. He took a deep breath and started checking the documents that needs his signature. He began signing everything as he knows Secretary Jung was for sure waiting for those documents already. While making himself busy again in work, his eyes glanced at the digital clock on his table and it almost made him jump in surprise about almost forgetting to bring food for Sandara Park.

“Oh ” he cursed to himself. He suddenly struggled in finding his phone on his table. He keeps pushing the papers away until he finds it. He immediately dialed Seungri’s number.

“Oh ! Seungri answer it!” He hissed while hearing his driver’s phone just ringing. And it only was answered after five rings. “The you just answered your phone now?!” He fumed.

Seungri startled in fear when he heard his boss anger over the line. “I’m sorry I was-----“ He haven’t got a chance to explain himself because Jiyong cutted him off.

“Nevermind! Just buy food for Dara now and bring it to her! Faster!”

“O-okay Mr. Kwon.” Seungri stammered as he heard his order.

Jiyong hanged up Seungri and immediately called Dara. It was quickly answered after a ring.

“Hello.” Her soft voice greeted him.

“Uhm.” He paused for a second before he started talking. “Seungri was already on his way to bring you lunch now.” his voice quite low now compared to his normal tone.

“Huh? I-I thought you’re the one---“

“I’m busy.” He quickly answered and then he hanged up. He bit his lip after realizing how rude he was for doing that to her. He clicked his tongue and slammed his phone back on his desk. Urghhh. He runs his fingers through his hair in frustration for nth time. He doesn’t know but he was confused on what’s going on inside his head right now.

Dara stared at her phone after Jiyong hanged up on him. It left her confounded. "What is wrong with him?" she hissed. She was waiting for him expecting him to come with food but then again she was surprised by his mood swings again. If that’s what you call it when someone hanged you up in the phone with unknown reason at all.

She then continued watching tv. It was on to a cooking channel. She laughed at herself because no matter how many times she watches cooking shows she never learned. A minute later, Seungri pressed the doorbell on her unit. The door opened and he was welcomed by her sweet smile.

"Delivery." Seungri gleefully.

"Thanks. Come on in." she invited.

"Thank you but I need to go back right away."

"Is that so?”

“Yeah.”

“Is Jiyo—I mean….Is Mr. Kwon busy?”

“Yeah and flaring.”

“Flaring?”

Seungri didn’t say anything and just gave her a crooked smile and left.

Dara went straight to her kitchen and started checking out the food that Seungri got for her. And her eyes turned round because the food can actually feed four person but unexpectedly Dara consumed everything in one sitting. She deliciously eaten and savor everything without destructions.

In the afternoon, while reading the book that Doctor Gummy gave her she felt someone entered the pass code in her condo unit and the door opened. She knew it was him. Kwon Jiyong. She turned her head towards him and watched him as he removed his suit and placed it at the coat stand as the usual he was doing. He then walked towards her and sat next to her at the couch. The short distance between them is enough to make Dara hold her breath.

"I've got a package from your ex-fiance." he said while giving her the red box. She swiftly reached for it while avoiding any contact with him.

"What's inside this?" she asked as she was trying to divert her attention at the red box she was now holding.

"Open it.” he said.

And she did. When the box was opened feather glittery mask welcome her. "Wow. This is beautiful." she admired. Jiyong stayed quite as he watched her examine everything inside the box.

“What is this?” She asked now holding the cards and examined it.

"It’s an invitation card.” He said. “One is mine, the other one is for you and..…”

“For Spring?” Dara muttered. “Who was that?”

"It’s Bom. Seunghyun wrote and used that name so that no one knows she'll come."

"So are you really going to bring her at party?"

"I talked to her before I went here." he said and gulped. "And….she was begging ." his left hand grip his knee tightly. "She was begging for me to bring her to the party for her to see Seunghyun. And I never had seen Bom like that before. Begging for something. And that was the first time she did that in front of me and I don’t know how to handle it."

"So you agreed?"

"What can I do?" his voice hoarsely said. “I’m too weak when it comes to her.”

Next Morning - Tuesday

Jiyong fetch Bom at their house. Luckily she doesn’t have classes every Tuesday. So it is a perfect day to shop around in preparation for Seunghyun’s birthday party.

Dara was comfortably sitting at the front seat of the car while waiting for Jiyong who picked up Bom from her apartment when she then suddenly realized that she needed to transfer herself at the back seat of the car. For a reason that she’s going to be in a hella awkward situation if she stayed at her current seat right now. Thinking about it, letting Bom sit at the front seat of his car is the most appropriate thing to do although their past was something that Jiyong can’t cope with……remembering Jiyong said himself that he’s still friends with Bom shows that they are still in good terms, that they are not one of those ex-lovers with bitterness on their tongues.

When Dara was about to get out from the car Jiyong arrived and opened the back door of his car and he let Bom in. Dara’s mouth hanged open as he watched Bom climbed in inside the car. She was perplexed because she was expecting him to ask her to move out and takes the back seat instead but that’s not what happened.

"Hi Dara." Bom friendlily greeted her as she took the seat at the back and the smile on her face has no sense of dismay at all.

"Ahhh Hello." Dara awkwardly greeted back while uncomfortably sitting on her seat.

Why Jiyong let Bom sit at the back instead of her?

Dara thought.

But the roar of the engine of Jiyong’s car cutted her mind off.  When the car starts moving, Bom started to ask “How are you doing Dara?"

Dara felt strained about Bom talking to her right now. It’s so awkward.

“Hmm. I’m fine.” She answered and asked back. “How about you?”

Bom smiled. "I’m good now." She glanced at Dara through rear view mirror and then to Jiyong who was too focus and quietly driving his car. “Though I’ve been living like in hell these past weeks… really having a hard time…..” She sadly uttered while looking down at her hand that placed on her lap. But Dara noticed that Bom was not just looking at her hand but at the ring she was wearing. It might be from Seunghyun.

“But…..” Bom chin up and continued. “…..now I think I’m nearly out of there…out of that hell…..because I finally going to see him…..and it’s tomorrow.” Bom’s voice was full of hope and that made Dara’s mouth dries. She felt prickles at the back of her neck while listening to Bom. She knew Jiyong was going to be affected by it. So she tried to glance at him but his eyes are darted and focus on the road.

"Ji." Bom called him by his nickname like what she was used to before. And that caught Jiyong’s attention. He finally met Bom’s eyes through rear view mirror. “Thank you for helping me.” Bom muttered at him. “I’m sorry but thank you for everything.”

They stared at each other for a moment and Bom was waiting for him to responds but Jiyong just looked away after and didn’t say anything. Bom crestfallenly sighed after receiving that kind of snob reaction from him.

And after that striking absence of noise engulfed them inside the car and Dara felt suffocated by it. It almost brings her to the point that she wanted to open the window already or jump out the car.

Gladly Bom talked again but now with a lighter topic. Thanks heaven.

"Uhm. Ji can I request something?” She said tilting her head to look at him.

“Sure.” He finally but shortly said.

“Can we just go somewhere where I can affordably buy a gown?" she shyly asked that gave her cheeks a tint of pink. “I think a simple and cheap gown for tomorrow will do. I don’t need something expensive.” She added.

"No need.” Jiyong said with a dull voice. “I'll take care of everything.” He assured.

Bom’s squinted her eyes at him for a moment before pressing her lips into a thin line. He's still the same. The same guy who used to take care of everything, who holds himself responsible of anything for her. She sighed in defeat, thinking that there’s not use to say something to him.

They arrived at myeongdon area and Jiyong park his car in front of the clothing shop. The three got up from the car and entered the shop. “Choose whatever you like.” he said to Bom but she felt wrong about him saying that. It’s like pulling her level down. Lower than anybody else.

“Jiyong I don’t think…”

“Can you please stop complaining and just choose a damn gown here. I’m already trying to help you Bom. Like what you beg for me last night.” He burst out in anger. Dara gulped as she was trying to avoid angry Jiyong forever but he was now right in front of her, losing his control because of his ex-girlfriend.

“I’m sorry.” Bom murmured with her head hung low. She knows asking him to bring her at Seunghyun’s party was already too much but she needs to do that.

Jiyong then turned to Dara. And his eyes was still flaming and that made Dara startled. “Let’s wait until Bom got her gown. We will choose your own later.” He said with now with warn controlled voice totally different on how he just burst out to Bom a while ago.

After thirty minutes of choosing and fitting gowns Bom finally got a deep dark Red ball gown. The top was silk and nicely embroidered on. The gown continue going down to the floor and the back of it would drag on like somewhat with brides’ dress. There were also black gems stone in repeat pattern around the bottom that it made the gown more captivating.

“I like this one.” Bom uttered while looking at herself in the mirror.

“That one is okay.” Jiyong said trying hard to show that it’s not really good at all. Though Bom felt guilty about him, she can’t do anything about it. She begs for him to help her be in Seunghyun’s party even though she knows what she was asking will hurt Jiyong more. But thinking that this might be the only way of showing him that she doesn’t love him anymore might worked, So she begs for it no matter what consequences it might bring to them.

 After Jiyong paid for the gown, they left the shop and transferred to the other one.

Bom noticed that they are in a store of gowns & dresses for pregnant women. So she furrowed her eyebrows as she was wondering why they are there.

"Uhm Jiyong? W-why we are here?" she quizzically asked him.

Jiyong glanced at her and said. "We will choose gown for Dara first."

“Huh?” Bom looked at him in perplexed. Totally lost on what he was talking about. “What do you mean? This is a shop for---" and it hit her. Bom swiftly glanced at Dara, looking at her from head to toe. And it slowly registered on her, the reason why they are in that kind of shop. Bom darted her eyes at Dara’s tummy. She was wearing a cardigan and it was covertly buttoned in her tummy. She narrowed her eyes to it and it finally sink in unto her. Dara is pregnant.

"Y-you're pregnant?" she unbelievable asked.

Dara stiffened on her feet and immediately looked at Jiyong asking him of what to answer. But the guy didn’t look back at her, instead he answered Bom by himself. "Yes she is." Bom’s jaw dropped on the floor. “Dara is pregnant.”

"Oh my god." Bom put her hand to in shock. Her eyes become watery and she trembled. Dara eyed Jiyong but he was just standing there fixedly and vacantly looking at Bom. Watching the girl who was in the state of shock.

"N-no." she blurted out. "Please don’t tell me---" she choke as her tears fell down to her cheeks.

Jiyong continuously stared at her trying to absorb the pain that he gave to her right now. He was quite glad about her reaction. It’s like giving him assurance that Bom still loves him. Telling her Dara is pregnant was something out of his plan but he wants to know. He wants to know if Bom will give a hint of jealousy reaction about it.

"No this can’t be---How?" Bom was fighting to herself not to break down in front of them but her knees weakened. Her vision started to blur a warning that she was about to faint at any moment but she restrained it because she wanted to hear more from Jiyong. Hear the truth about the girl's pregnancy in front of her. "Jiyong….." she bit her trembling lip. "Please tell me this is not….."

"I’m sorry Bom." he murmured.

Bom firmly shut her eyes as the tears continuously falling down to her cheeks even more. "No." she sobbed like there's no tomorrow. The people inside the shop were glancing at them. Trying to gossip, trying to know what’s happening at the three people standing there. Bom face palmed, she can’t believe what she discovered right now. Does it mean she just wasted all her strength to the fight for the guy she loves? Knowing he got a girl pregnant right now is killing her. Like there are hundreds of knives continuously stabbing her heart at the very moment.

 "So…Seunghyun was the father?" she cracked at her last words as she sobbed again against her palms.

Jiyong and Dara looked at her in shocked. "What?" Jiyong unbelievably reacted. "So you're thinking its Seunghyun?"

Bom glanced backed at them in puzzled her tears never stops. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Jiyong looked at her in horrified he can’t believe she was thinking its Seunghyun. He breathes out and shook his head. “What the hell.” He cursed in low voice. The hint of jealousy from her was clearly not for him.

“Jiyong what do you mean why am I thinking its Seunghyun?” Bom eagerly asked.

Jiyong felt his energy drained throughout his body. The little hope that he was about to grab suddenly fell out and lost him. “No he’s not the father.” Jiyong disclosed with a low tone of voice. “Seunghyun is not the father.”

"What? Then who?" Bom asked in awe.

There’s a sudden paused before he answered. "It’s…..it’s me." he blurted out almost whispered.

And it left Bom speechless.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Boom clap!
The sound of my heart
The beat goes on and on and on and on and
Boom clap!
You make me feel good
Come on to me come on to me now! ^_^v