CHAPTER 18 : Moving On

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

 

"Jiyong!" Dara followed him out of the door. She called him a couple of times but he didn’t give a second to glance back even though she was calling his name loud enough to hear. He exited of what she thinks the back door and she followed after him. The door leads them into the garden where the radiant and sparkle of the moon serves as the light for both of them. And from that area, aside from the crickets, the only sound that they hear is the cascading flowing water from the fountain. Jiyong halted in front of the fountain where behind it are topiaries and bushes. He removed his mask and he was just holding it in his right hand.

"Jiyong." Dara called his name again but he still seems didn’t hear anything. She walked towards where he was standing. "Hey." Dara placed herself beside him. "I'm calling you." she said while looking at his side profile but still he didn’t budge.

"What a deaf jerk." She mumbled yet she purposely let it hear him. But the guy remained silent while his dark brown earthen eyes were staring at the crystal water flowing down the fountain. Dara sighed. "Are you not really going to talk to me?" She asked nearly in frustration.

Jiyong finally glanced at her and their eyes met. His eyes were too deep and hollow and it weirdly startled Dara that she swiftly looked away. The look in his eyes was so lonesome but the glint they have revealed a different world that Dara unexpectedly felt inside her. She firmly closed , confused about how his eyes suddenly affect her like that.

"What do you want?" he inscrutably asked.

"Huh?" Dara glanced at him again and she found out that those eyes were still into her.  So she immediately faces her front view trying to escape those eyes once again. Seconds had past and she can still feel his eyes are still there, still looking at her and its making her incredibly uncomfortable.

“I’m asking you. What do you want?” he asked the same question one again.

"Uh-well...” She murmured anxiously. “W-what do you mean I should behave next time?" She curiously asked but she’s still avoiding his eyes.  So she just looked down at her wriggling fingers.  She waited for an answer but he seems ignored her question. Dara tried to glance at him and thankfully those eyes was now away and was now looking straight at the fountain in front of them.

 “I’m asking you.” Dara muttered the same line he said earlier with the same tone. She wants him to answer her but Jiyong pay no attention to her.

She narrowed her eyes. "What's wrong with you?" she annoyingly uttered. “You’re asking me what I want. And when I gave you the question I need an answer from you you’re ignoring it.”

"Shut up.” He said and Dara gaped in shocked.

“What?!!” she scowled, totally offended on how he responded.

“I.Said.Shut.Up.” he repeated and turned his gazed at her.

“Oh I am not going to shut up if that’s what you want.” Dara bursted as she felt no reason at all to restrained her annoyance at him already. “You’re such a jerk and I don’t understand you.”

“I don’t need you to understand me.”

And that response taken her back. She breathes out. “Of course…” She stifled a small fake laugh. “..Of course because I’m nothing. I’m just a girl that you accidentally got pregnant.”

Jiyong closed his mouth and looked away. There’s something inside him right now that he can’t fathom. He’s getting mixed signals from nowhere and he was so confused about it.

“But I want to understand you.” Dara suddenly said and she was still staring at him.

Jiyong stiffened as he heard those words from her.

“I want to understand you.” She muttered once again. “…because I just feel that I need to.”

Jiyong turned his head and looked straight to her once again and his brows curled in perplexed.

“It’s like I want to throw you off a cliff because you’re a jerk….” Jiyong’s eyes darken when he heard her said that to him. “….but still I wanted to rush down and save you.” she bowed her head and let out soft chuckles. “Now I don’t know what I’m saying.” She was totally mystified at those words coming out from .

Jiyong shook his head and wear his mask again. “I think you’re already tired.” He only said and because of that Dara doesn’t know if he really doesn;tt care or he just pretending he doesn’t really care. But neither of it Dara don’t think it needs an answer.

“Yeah, I guess so.” She said and took a deep breath. She then faced the fountain, attempting to put out from her mind everything that she just said or everything orbiting inside her mind.

“Anyways, are you now ready?” She tried to make a new topic.

“Ready?” Jiyong glanced as he tilted his head to glance at her.

“Ready to do the mission.” She replied. “Ready to help Seunghyun and Bom.”

Jiyong slipped his hand inside his pants pockets and replied. “I will not come here if I’m not.”

“So does that mean you finally accepted it?” Dara doesn’t know what’s wrong to her but she sounds hopeful when she blurted out that question.

“Accepted what?”

Dara bit his lip first. “Hmm…” She stole a quick glanced at him and said. “That you and Bom are now over….and you’re now moved on.”

Jiyong face winced and Dara noticed it. “Of course not.” he certainly answered. And a sudden dull pinch directed straight to Dara’s heart, and she doesn’t know why.

She furrowed her eyebrows, confused. “Then why are you here? Why are you still going to help them?”

His eyes flickered against the glossy water from the fountain and he simply answered. “To her make happy.”

Dara was taken aback and what she could only do was stare at him.

“But….I think I’m going there. Moving on.” He continued. “Of course I’m still struggling now because it’s hurts. Letting go is really hard and it’s like eating me alive.” He now focused his eyes on the bushes behind the fountain. “She’s the only girl I dream off but now I need to throw that dream away. So it’s really hard.” He let out small chuckles. “You do know how many times I tried to make myself to move on but I always end up hoping….hoping that Bom will come back to me. But then, not all love story ends up with a happy ending. That’s why I finally decided to be here even though it hurts.”

Dara can’t say anything, because there’s something squeezing her heart that is disrupting her.

“But I want her happy so I need to endure this.” He added and his eyes glint with gloominess.

Dara gazed at him and finally figured out what disrupting her and it was his pain that without her knowing she was absorbing the pain he was now fighting.

“Love hurts. Always.” Dara suddenly blurted out. “No matter what kind of love it is. It always gives pain.”

Jiyong balled his fist. “Is there something I need to do to take away the pain?” he asked, sound desperate.

Dara flinched as she heard his voice become shaky and low but still it relays a sense of steadiness. She shook her head first before answering. “I’m pretty sure it will fade but not instantly...” She said and glanced at the glowing moon. “…..it takes time to get over Jiyong. It feels like you’ll hurt forever but you won’t. It will go away. I promise.”

Jiyong took a deep breath and also stared up at the moon above them. “Well I guess I’ll just need to endure this long.”

“You just need to be strong.” Dara sincerely said trying to make him believe that healing wounds takes time. It may take only a blink to fall in love, but sometimes a lifetime to forget the one you ever love. There’s no time limit on how long it takes but surely moving on happens.

When the two are busily watching the moon which at it’s full, hung like a great luminous pearl on the radiant of heaven someone interrupted and called out Jiyong’s name.

Jiyong turned his head to where that soft voice came from and he recognized her immediately even though she’s wearing her mask. “Bom.” He murmured and waited for her until she reached their place.

"It’s time." She said. "Seunghyun will meet you at the 2nd floor room 208. You’ve got to be there in five minutes."

"Okay." He shortly said while staring at Bom like it’s going to be the last time he’s going to see her.

Bom blinked at him innocently, waiting for him to say more. But no words came. It seems that he wanted to say so many things to her but everything was like stuck up in the middle of his throat.

Bom knew he was struggling and she felt sorry about it. But knowing Jiyong, she believes he’ll survive.

“Thank you Ji.” Bom wholeheartedly muttered. Jiyong shut his eyes as he breathes in and out. And when he opened his almond like eyes a tight-lip smile appeared in his face. Bom immediately run towards him and gave him a passionate hug. A thank you hug that conveys a lot of untold messages but it felt deep within.

When Bom free Jiyong she glanced at Dara and walked towards her. She slightly bent her head down near Dara’s right ear and whispered. “Take care of him okay.” Bom patted her shoulder and give it a little squeezed. Dara was stunned and doesn’t know what to say. She doesn’t know the reason why Bom told those words to her.

_______________

"Tonight has been so wonderful birthday celebration." Simon started the closing remarks as it was almost end of the party already. "I’m sure our celebrant was exceptionally blessed and fortunate that you shared this special day with him.” Simon glanced to where Seunghyun was sitting. And everyone has no idea that the guy in front of them was not Choi Seunghyun anymore but Kwon Jiyong. Thank you to the mask he was wearing. “And we hope to share many more wonderful, celebratory milestones with you Mr. Choi." Simon continued.

Jiyong then nodded and fixed his mask warily while wishing Simon would not mind to let him talk for closing remarks or else they are doomed.

“You know this is actually fun.” Lee Chaerin whispered to Jiyong while her hand linked to his arm. “Knowing that this people don’t have any idea who you really are.”

“Oh you don’t know the chaos that we’ll get into once they found out this crazy thing we just did.”

“I know but still it thrills me.” Chaerin chuckled in response.

"Anything you still want to say Seunghyun?" Simon suddenly asked. Jiyong and Chaerin looked at each other in horror when Simon already put the microphone in front of Jiyong’s mouth.

Meanwile, Dara was also mortified after seeing Jiyong’s situation. Donghae noticed it so she asked her. “Dara what’s wrong? Are you okay?”

But Dara ignored him, her eyes are full of worries while looking to Jiyong’s place because letting him talk with that microphone is the maddest crazy idea ever.

But fortunately Chaerin was there to the rescue. She snatched the microphone from Simon and started talking. “This night was amazing especially for the both us.”

The guests created ‘ohhh’ sound. And Chaerin was successful enough to divert everyone’s attention to her. “We really enjoyed this night and I think this wouldn’t be the last.”

"Woah I can see that you two did really had a great night." Simon teased them that he already forgot that it’s a birthday party and not engagement party to start with.

"Of course.” Chaerin gleefully answered again. “Because I get to know him better and I guess this is a great start for us." She finally said while looking at Jiyong flirtingly.

Jiyong hanged his mouth open and he wanted to laugh at her who was obviously enjoying pretending in front of these people. He then diverted his gazed to Seunghyun's parents and Mr. Lee So Man who are now looking satisfied on everything they heard from Lee Chaerin. That means everything is on the right track. The clean freak girl is doing a great job though.

Simon finally closed the event and it’s everyone’s time to leave.

Jiyong and Chaerin walked straight to one of the room at the 2nd floor of the event hall where Seunghyun and Jiyong exchanged their clothes to wear a while ago.

"You can now unlink your arm to me." Jiyong impassively said at Chaerin who really looks like enjoying linking her arms to him.

“Opppps Sorry.” She innocently muttered as she removed her arms. “So what do you think?” She asked while having her sit on the couch of the room.

“Think what?” he asked back while looking for the car key that Seunghyun gave to him after they part ways.

“Do you think someone get suspicious on us?” She replied crossing her legs while watching Jiyong finding something at the drawers.

“I don’t think so. You’re a good enough to avoid them to question our appearance over there.”

“Well.” She shortly but proudly replied.

When Jiyong finally found the key, he immediately grabbed Chaerin’s hand and left the room. He’s still wearing his mask as well as Chaerin for safety caution.

 “Hey, where are we going?” Chaerin asked while struggling on her heels to cope up with Jiyong’s speed.

“We need to get out of here.” He answered as they made their way at the hallway of the 2nd floor. And when they were about to go down stairs using the emergency exits someone called Seunghyun’s name.

When the two turned their heads, Mrs. Choi was already approaching them. “Where are you two going?” she asked with her usual decent tone.

Jiyong swiftly glanced at Chaerin asking for help as he could not let himself talk or else that’s the end for the both of them.

“Ahh well we are going…..now” Chaerin stuttered in panic.

Mrs. Choi looked at them in perplexed.

Chaerin cleared . “Well you know…Mrs. Choi, we think we need more time together.” She added.

“Ohhhh I think I get it.” Mrs. Choi nodded and smiled at them teasingly. “But can you at least let me know where you two heading?” She was still curiously asked.

Chaerin gave the lady a sweet smile. “At my place Mrs. Choi.” she answered and Jiyong side eyed her.

Mrs. Choi looks surprised. “Oh. Wow.” She blurted out and looked at them with astonishment in her eyes. “I think that’s great.” Then a full blown smile appeared on her face, as if she’s hearing good news now.

“Is that okay with you Mrs. Choi?” Chaerin carefully asked.

“Of course. That’s okay with me dear. I can’t think any reason to not feel okay about it” She said happily. “I’m glad that my son and you already like each other.”

“Ahh Yes. Thank you Mrs. Choi.”

“Okay Seunghyun. I’ll just tell your father about this.” Jiyong nodded and smiled at her with awkwardness. “I believe this is good news for him.” The lady lastly said and bid goodbye to them with a satisfied smile.

The two got up and rode Seunghyun’s car that was parked at the basement. When they finally out of the area that’s the time relief finally visits them.

“Gosh.” Chaerin uttered after she removed her mask. “That was fun….” She laughed. “….and exciting.”

Jiyong also removed his mask because wearing it the whole night is already too much. “You’re crazy.” He muttered.

“Yeah.” Chaerin continued to laugh.

Jiyong glanced at her suspiciously because she looks like she just loosened a screw in her head.

“That encounter with Seunhyun’s mom was the best! I almost lost my track in panic there.” She flashed back.

“And yet you find it fun?” Jiyong mumbled as he turned the car to the left.

“Hahahaha yeah.”

Jiyong rolled his eyes and just focus his attention on the road. He then asked Chaerin where she was staying and told him that she was staying at Lee residence. So he drove their way there to drop her.

While driving, he then remembered something, so he immediately brought out his phone from his pocket and dialed a number and the phone ringed three times after it was answered.

“Hello.” Hearing that voice over the line felt a rush of blood to his head. He didn’t expect that someone will answer Dara’s phone instead of her.

“What are you doing there?” He asked disgruntled hating the fact that Donghae answered her phone. Chaerin noticed the suddenly changed of the tone of Jiyong’s voice and it caused something cold hit up her spine instantly.

“I drove her home.” Donghae simply replied. A sudden feeling of smacking Donghae’s head against the wall occurred through him. Maybe because the guy still owe him for punching him in his face back then.

“Then what are you still doing there?” Jiyong’s lips becoming thinner.

“I’m watching over her.” he simply answered.

“Where is she?” Jiyong coldly asked again.

A paused over the line happen before Donghae answered. “She’s already sleeping.”

Jiyong gripped his phone tightly. He doesn’t have any choice but let Donghae watch her while he’s still out of there. He hanged up and unknowingly to himself he was driving the car in speed that made the girl beside him gone panic.

“Oh my god! What’s happening to you?! Slow down!” Chaerin exclaimed afraid of her life while looking at Jiyong’s scary expression.

After a minute of Jiyong’s frightening speed driving, Chaerin let out a deep deep breath when he slowed down. And never was she so thankful in heaven that she’s still alive now and still breathing.

“Oh my god! Please! Next time don’t include me on your suicide attempt!” Chaerin breathlessly exclaimed. “Gosh! That almost killed me!”

But Jiyong remained silent and now he was calmer and quiet.

Chaerin stared at him in bewildered. “What happened to you?”

But Jiyong didn’t budge to answer. The whole drive was silent until Jiyong sense something wrong. He drifted the car to confirm something and that made Chaerin jerk up in surprise. “Hey this is not my way home?” she complained.

“Someone following us.” He uttered while looking at the rear view mirror.

Chaerin looked over at the back. “The black car?”

“Yeah.”

“Gosh, who are they?” She asked in panic and it hit her. “Oh.my.gosh! Do you think they already found out about you and Seunghyun switched places?” she gaped.

“I don’t think so.” Jiyong turned the car in the highway once again after confirming that a black car was following them.

“What are we going to do now?”

“Relax.” He calmly said. “I think The Choi’s are just making sure that Seunghyun is with you and not going anywhere.”

Chaerin playfully smiled. “So does that mean you’re going to stay in my place?”

“No.” he simply replied.

Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows. “Then, what are you going to do?” she asked in wonder but he just answered her with his one of a kind lopsided smile.

When they are already at Lee residence Jiyong parked Seunghyun’s car at the garage and the black car following them stayed beyond Lee residence gates.

Jiyong climbed out to the car while avoiding to show his face to those who were following them. Meanwhile Chaerin automatically continued her acting prowess as she link her arms to Jiyong again with a combination of leaning her head to his shoulder.

“I don’t think you still need to do that.” Jiyong muttered as they make their way to the Lee’s mansion entrance door.

“They might be taking pictures now for evidence that you’re here at my place already. So don’t be silly.”

Jiyong shook his head and opened the door. And when they entered the mansion Jiyong quickly asked. “Is Mr. Lee already here?”

“Hmm I’m not sure.” She answered. “But I don’t think it’s good to talk here. Let’s go to my room.” She grabbed his arm and dragged Jiyong upstairs. “You need to hide before someone sees you.”

Chaerin closed the door of her room right after they entered.

“Wow.” She said while walking towards her bed. She sighed as she sat to the edge of her bed. “This is incredibly thrilling. You know—“

“I’m going now.” Jiyong cutted her off.

“What?” She looked at him in perplexed.

“I need to go now.”

“But they will see you outside and—“

“Just tell me where I can sneak out.” Chaerin just stared at him. “I don’t think they will still suspect if I’ll park Seunghyun’s car on your garage overnight.”

Chaerin gaped at him, totally speechless on how he decides so quickly.

Jiyong left Lee residence using the back door and gate as Chaerin instructed and then he went straight to Nonagon condominium. When he arrived to his condo floor he quickly punched his key code and entered his room. He immediately lay down to his bed and stared at his white ceiling.

Before he was even got to his place he was bothered by the fact that Donghae is with Sandara Park a while ago and maybe until now. He was struggling whether he was going to check on her or not. He doesn’t even know why he was even concerned by it. Because he should be thankful that someone is watching her while he was busy doing the mission for Bom. He shut his eyes closed. And After a moment, he can’t take it any longer. He immediately stood up and went outside.

He then realized his already in front of Dara's door condo unit. He pressed the door bell with a second thought but he still do it. He waited for someone to open it and wishing to see her instead of a guy. And an idea hit him, he was about to enter Dara’s key code when suddenly he heard a clicked sound from the door and someone opened it……and he doesn’t like who welcomed him.

Jiyong knitted his eyebrows after seeing Donghae’s face inside of Dara’s condo unit but what surprised him that felt surges of anger rush through him is when Donghae welcomed him with no shirt on.

“What the are you doing?” Jiyong’s eyes were like flames on fire.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my gawd!! Donghae what did you do?

Hahahaha doom dada doom da da doom!