CHAPTER 8: CONFESSION

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

 

“I hope it’s a boy.” Mr. Choi wishfully said while peeking at the magazine that Mrs. Choi was holding.

"A baby girl is better." Mrs. Choi contradicted flipping the pages of the magazine about babies. The Choi couple continued to bicker over the gender of the unborn child. Dara and Seunghyun were sitting at the couch watching and they could only roll their eyes at the two oldies in front of them. ‘They are crazy’ the two have the same thought. Dara stayed at the Choi residence after getting out from the hospital yesterday. As much as Dara refused at the idea staying with them she can’t beat the future grandparents wanna be plans and add to it how supportive Mr. Park was for them.

They are overly excited about Dara’s pregnancy and you cannot even blame them since they have been waiting for this for many years already. They even have ensured that Dara are getting good professional advice from her personal obstetrician hired by them every week. They are really putting so much effort to take care Dara like seriously.

DING DONG

“Omo I think that’s the package.” the lady lit up her face after hearing the doorbell.

Mr. Choi looked at his wife confusedly. “What package?” Mrs. Choi winked at him and rushed out to check the door. When she came back she was wearing a big smile that her wrinkles on her eyes showed.

“What’s that?” Seunghyun asked her mom.

Mrs. Choi placed the box in front of everyone and started to open it. Everyone looked at the package in wide eyes. “I bought some baby stuffs.” She said, her eyes were full of happiness when the she successfully opened the box. “Omo! Look honey!” She showed the Sippy cups to her husband who also excitedly looked at it.

“Mom what are those?”

“Don’t you see? It’s for your baby.”

“What?”

“Look at this feeding bottle so cute.” the lady happily said.

“Hmmm honey why all of this stuffs are color pink?” Mr. Park raised brow at her.

“Because I have this feeling that we will be having a baby girl.” She confidently said.

“And what if it’s a baby boy? What will you do with these stuffs?” Mr. Choi countered.

“That can’t be. I’m confident that she is a girl.” Mrs. Choi hold on to her hope.

Seunghyun and Dara looked at each other hopelessly. As long as they don’t want to squish their excitement they can’t stay like this. This is a lie and they have to tell them that Seunghyun is not the father of Dara’s unborn child but the problem is they don’t know how and when to reveal this truth.

"How that become its mine?" Seunghyun suddenly asked Dara while letting the two excited Choi couple who were busy amusing themselves on the baby products.

"I never say it’s yours." She answered back.

"And how come you get pregnant?"

"Of course I had " She rolled her eyes.

"I know!!" Seunghyun looked at her horrified. "But I want to know to whom?"

She sighed. "It’s none of your business."

He twitched his lips. "Alright but we have to tell them that's not mine." Seunghyun really tried to control his voice so that his words won’t be heard by his parents. "I haven’t really done my part here yet. I still want to show them how much I love my girlfriend…..but I don’t think I can do it now because your pregnancy is making these things more complicated. You should have controlled your hormones and fix this situation first before making yourself pregnant."

"Excuse me!” Dara gaped. “I already have this even before we got engage!" Dara defended. "It’s just that your parents have a weird way of thinking it’s yours."

"So you really have a boyfriend?" he asked but Dara looked away. “Hey, answer me.” He slightly kicked her foot.

“I don’t have okay.” She answered irritably.

“So it’s a one night stand?”

Dara’s face turned red as a tomato. “It’s not like that!” She shouted at him.

Mr. and Mrs Choi are now looking at them. “Are you two fighting?” The wife asked.

“Seunghyun don’t pick a fight to Dara. Remember she’s pregnant.” Mr. Park worriedly said.

Dara and Seunghyun can only bow their heads not really wanted to let The Choi couple know what they are talking about. "You're stressing me out." Dara whispered at him. Seunhyun glared. "I'm just worried of my girlfriend when she heard about this. You should fix this as soon as possible." He said with assertion.

________________

Monday @ Park Company

Dara came early at the office. She was dropped by her driver slash body guard which was hired by the Choi Family. She actually felt guilty everytime the family took care of her. Like seriously they are treating her like a princess. She already has everything now that every pregnant woman needed and she doesn’t have to worry about anything but to give birth. She sighed. Mrs. Choi even asked her to stop working until the baby came out but she strongly insists that she don’t want to.

When she entered their office department she noticed a cup of hot chocolate on her desk. She looked around to see who left it. Her heart strangely pumped blood for the first time by just thinking that it might be Kwon Jiyong who left the hot chocolate on her table since he was the only one who knows she likes that drink. A small smile crept on her face when she remembered her awesome breakfast that Jiyong prepared for her. She immediately tasted the hot chocolate and her smile went wider because it really tastes good. "Good morning babe. You like it?"

Pop! Pop! Pop! Pop! Pop! The sound of bursting bubbles heard. She slump her shoulder in disappointment. "How’s your weekend babe?" Donghae looked at her with a grin in his face.

"It’s all good unlike today." She bluntly uttered totally lost her mood.

“That kind of attitude always turns me on.” He said still grinning but Dara just ignored him.

"Anyways, I bought you this." he showed her the paper bag that he was holding. "It helps preggy women feel better."

Dara looked at it. “What’s that?” she asked.

“Aloe Vera gel to soothe your skin. Put this on the fridge before you apply.” he said and placed the paper bag on her table. "Use it when you start to feel strange in every part of your body. Don’t worry it is tried and tested. My mom used that.” He confidently informed her.

Dara sighed. "Donghae, you don’t have to---" He suddenly put his index finger in front of her lips stopping her to say anything.

"Saying thank you will be much appreciated." he smilingly said.

Donghae is such a caring guy to her. He never changed. "Thanks." she said instead. She actually really felt thankful knowing someone like him cares about her.

"No biggie babe."

"And thanks for the hot chocolate." She added showing her gratitude instead of grumpy attitude. She wants to let Donghae feel she really was thankful to him at least sometimes.

He gracefully nodded in satisfaction and glanced at his watch. "It’s time to work. Don’t tire yourself, arasso?"

"Okay." She replied and took a sip on her hot chocolate again.

After lunch she was called at her father's office at the 7th floor of the building.

When she entered, Mr. Park was writing something. She waited for five minutes until he looked up to her. He put down his pen and start talking. "Take a seat." Dara obliged. "How's your day?" he asked.

"Fine." she simply replied.

"You miraculously become pregnant." he sound mocking and Dara didn’t expect that. "I don’t think it’s possible to be a three month pregnant with Seunghyun." he frankly said.

Dara bowed her head in guilt “Dad I’m sorry...........Yes, Seunghyun is not—“

"Don’t tell anyone." he didn’t let Dara finished her sentence. She looked up again to her father puzzled. "Just keep everything secret." he continued.

Dara got goose bumps. ‘Does her father know about the true identity of her baby?’

"I can hide the truth and I can tell lies. Let's just make ourselves believe it’s Seunghyun's child. As simple as that. Okay?"

Dara stared at her father in shocked. “Dad.”

"Dara do you know what will happen once you tell to the Choi Family that the baby inside you is not their son’s child?" Dara didn’t respond. "They will be angry.” He sternly said. “Everything that I invested on them will vanish into thin air. Of course knowing that you have a child with the other guy and not with their son is another issue to face. They will feel betrayed. They will back out with our project without any hesitation."

Dara just hung her head low avoiding his father’s eyes.

"We will lose everything. Our money. Our name. This company. We can’t survive Dara. We will lose your mother's legacy. I already invested everything I have for this project. No one knows about that except Mr. Yang, you and maybe Mr. Lee. Don’t let this happen Dara. Don’t lose everything we have. Dont lose what your mother worked for before she died.”

________________

Jiyong came super-duper late at work. It was already three in the afternoon. He actually doesn’t have any plan to come to office today to have some break for himself because he still writhing in agony after his break up with Bom. Thank heavens he was the vice president of the company so being lousy was not a problem, no one can nag at him when he miss office work, not even his father. But as a Kwon it’s still giving him pangs of conscience everytime he act unconcerned in his work, because the company is his responsibility.

An urgent papers was called at him today and it needs to be done by him so he can’t do anything but gave a time for that before the day ends. He entered the lobby of his company. Yes of course it was his company since he was the only son. So it clearly understood that it will be his very soon.

While walking across the lobby, the staffs and crews bowed at him respectfully. He was not the kind of boss that will smile back to his employees. He has a serious and strict vibes when it comes to his workplace which gained respect for him by everyone. So he just passed by them and walked. “Jiyong!” He suddenly heard a familiar voice and he got confused why. He thinks hallucination is quite scary because hearing the girl’s voice inside his company is kind of weird. "Jiyong!" He heard the voice again but this time it felt real so he turned his head and saw her, half running towards him. He titled his head in wonder of why she's here. Right after Dara reached Jiyong, he got surprised when she hugged him. He was astounded and she cried.

“H-hey! W-what are you doing?” He stuttered. She tightened her arms around his neck and sob.

“Jiyong….." She was crying on the crooked of his neck.

"What happened?" he asked trying to remove her arms around him because it’s making him uncomfortable. "Jiyong I don’t know what to do anymore." she tightened her hug.

"Ahhh Dara." He struggled. Jiyong got panicked when he noticed pairs of eyes staring at them. “Oh Dara..….” he blurted out. They were standing in the middle of the lobby of Kwon Building & Construction Company. The crew & staffs around the areas started to mumble and gossips started to spread. Jiyong tried to calm Dara and bring her senses back. He roamed his eyes around the area and all of his staffs and some clients at the lobby were looking at him with this girl clinging at the center of his working place. ‘This is a trouble.’ He thought.

“Jiyong…..” she cried nonstop.

“Okay okay…we should not be doing this here.…” He forcefully removed her arms around his neck to grab her hand not minding even if it will going to hurt her because they really need to get out from there already. He held her wrist and pulled her with him towards the elevator to go up to his office at the 5th floor leaving the curious people watching them.

“You just cause ruckus down there.” Jiyong uttered shaking his head. “Now I can’t even imagine what my staffs and clients are all thinking.”

“I’m sorry I can’t endure not to cry.” She sniffed and pulled off another tissue from the box.

"It’s not because you cry it’s because you hug me down there." He pointed out.

Dara looked down and her cheeks turned red. "I’m sorry. I can’t help it. I just found out that my father know the truth about the baby.”

“Really?" his eyes widen. "So he knows it’s mine?”

“No. He doesn’t………. and he refused to know. He told me not to tell to anyone and keep an act that Seunghyun is the father." tears run down from her eyes once again. "I don’t know what to do anymore. This complicated situation becomes more complicated." she sneezed on the tissue and Jiyong placed the trash bin beside her signaling her to put her trash in there.

"Seunghyun told me to tell his parents the truth but of course he doesn’t know about our company being at risk." she sighed. "I never saw this to happen………I thought everything will be okay already when I made up my mind to abort the baby and continue what I need to do for Dad."

Jiyong glanced at her. "Maybe it’s a sign that you shouldn’t be doing such thing like abortion."

“What should I do now? It’s like I’m stuck in hell.”

“Telling everyone the truth is the right thing to do of course.”

"But you know I can’t do that. My father and I will be in danger once they know.”

“It’s more dangerous once you hide this longer. The Choi Family will feel betrayed. So just tell them now.”

“But I’m afraid Jiyong.”

“You have two options. Tell them the truth and lose your company or tell them lies and be prisoned with your dad and the Choi family."

She shook her head. "I don’t know. What do you think I should do?"

"Like what I said tell them the truth now because if you're going to continue this, it will be harder for you to get out from the Choi Family. This is a serious matter Dara. You’re letting them believe that you’re carrying their grandchild, their heir. So I’m pretty sure that they won’t let you go. It will be a big trouble when you marry their son and they found out the truth about the child.”

Dara thought for seconds. She doesn’t know what to do because both options are hard to do. Telling them the truth means giving up their company. Telling them lies means saving their company but consequences for doing it will be scary. “I'll talk with Seunghyun first.” Dara said hopelessly. “I need to know what on his mind if I tell him about our company." She picked her phone out and dialed his number.

"Hello Seunghyun?

"Yes Dara?" he answered.

"Let’s have a talk tomorrow. We need to discuss something."

"Alright tell me the time and place later. I'm on the meeting now."

"Okay. Bye." and she hanged up. "Seunghyun said yes.” she informed Jiyong and the latter nodded. “Tell him to meet up at Andhere Café after work. I'm going with you too.”

“Huh?”

"I think he needs to know I’m the real father." he replied.

Dara nodded thinking that it is right to tell to Seunghyun already who has the real responsibility for the baby. "Okay let’s see each other again tomorrow." she said and stood up. "And thank you for listening."

“Where are you going?" He asked looking up to her.

“Home." she replied. "I need to go.” and she started to walk towards the door but Jiyong stopped him. “Hey wait!” She looked back at him in wonder. “What?”

"Stay here for a while." he said. Dara blinked at him. "I mean you should let everyone go home first.” She tilted her head in confusion. “I’m talking about my employees who saw us two earlier. I guess you don’t want to be the center of attention when you walk here in my company right? I bet everyone is still talking about us and I’m sure they are all up for questions."

Dara pouted, remembering the scene she did a while ago.

“Why not eat dinner here before you go?” He offered.

"Dinner? What food?" her face brightened up.

"Hmmm I think you'll like lasagna."

Dara swallowed her saliva when she heard the name of the food. "You have it here?"

"Secretary Jung will take the order for us."

"Sure!" she excitedly response. When the orders came Dara quickly made her way to get her lasagna. "Oh my gawd! It so cheesy!" she exclaimed in delight.

"Here's your spoon." he gave her and she excitedly reached for it.

"Thanks" and she started eating like there's no tomorrow.

"Hey, eat slow." he said in concerned but the girl turned deaf at him. Fully concentrating in her food. Jiyong shook his head while thinking that this girl in front of him looks like she doesn’t have any worries in her life at all. Lasagna washed it all away!

 

Dara felt relieve and relax. Eating lasagna was like the best treat ever but of course there's nothing to compare with the apple pie that was personally baked by Kwon Jiyong at Jeju.

"I miss your apple pie." she said while drinking her lemon juice after finishing her two servings of Lasagna.

"You miss my what?"

"Your apple pie." she repeated. "Can you make me one again? Don’t worry I will pay you. I just need to cure my cravings nowadays."

"Sorry to say but I’m so busy here in Seoul that I can’t do it for you." He replied.

Dara pouted and Jiyong suddenly wipe her lips with his finger. Dara jumped on her seat by the sudden action she received from him. She stared at him with wide eyes.

"You have something in your lips." he said innocently.

"Ahh r-really?" she startled and wipe her own lips instead with the back of her hand.

"It's still there." Jiyong said looking at her lips. Dara felt extremely uncomfortable. And she started sweating.

"Y-You have a mirror?" she stuttered very obviously but Jiyong look that he doesn’t mind. Instead he smirked and gets a piece of tissue. He moved himself near her and moved up her chin. Dara's eyes bulge out from its sockets. His touch on her face gives her a tingling feeling in every part of her body. Jiyong then wiped the damn lasagna in her lips with the tissue and threw the used tissue at the trash bin beside Dara.

She stiffened. She still can’t move on when Jiyong touched her chin.

"I think it’s time for you to go." He said while throwing the empty cap of his drink at the trash bin. Wow after wiping her lips with his finger and touching her chin without her permission now he was asking her to go? Dara felt disappointed at first but she knows at the same time that she doesn’t have too. So she shrugged it off instead and glanced at the digital clock on his desk and it says 7pm.

"Ahh y-yeah it’s time to go." she said awkwardly.

"Take care. I hope you have your car with you?”

Dara don’t know if what he meant by saying that he hope that she brought her car with her. That could maybe if she doesn’t have her car with her now he will offer him a ride?

"Yeah I came here with my car and a driver." she assured but a bit confused.

“Good! Because I still need to work on something here like tons of documents that needs my approval for tomorrow." He said and Dara just nodded and left. The hallways of the building were already empty so she left with no eyes staring at her which made her feel relieve.

She arrived @ Choi residence still thinking when Jiyong touched her face. That tingling feeling that she felt for the first time is what bothering her right now. She finds it weird because it was a nice feeling that she wants to feel again. She chuckled alone, another sleepless night but it feels different because she was thinking about him.

THE NEXT DAY

After office hour Dara swift off to Andhere Cafe. It is their meeting place with Seunghyun. It is also the place where Dara crashed Jiyong’s motorbike before. “How’s your motorbike.” she asked remembering that day.

“Good. It will be delivered back to me next week.” He replied placing his cappuccino frappe on the table after a sip.

“Just send me the receipts. I’ll pay the repair expenses.” Dara said and got her cup of hot chocolate and took a sip.

“No need.” he answered.

“But—“

“Don’t insist Sandara. I don’t think you can afford with your soon to be empty bank account.”

“What?!” her nose flared totally shock on his bluntness.

“I’m just saying the truth. Your company is on its way to bankruptcy anytime soon, right?”

Dara gaped and could only glare at him. It is shameful but it is true. Everything is not stable on their company right now if you just did one wrong move everything will shut down. So she just closed and ate the cheese cake that she ordered at the café.

“What time is he coming?” Jiyong impatiently asked after glancing at his Rolex watch.

“I received a message from Seunghyun and he said he's on his way to fetch his girlfriend." she replied

"And….?"

"I think he'll come here with his girlfriend." Dara continued.

Jiyong nodded. "By the way, did you tell him that I'll be here too?"

Dara shook her head. "Haven't informed him about that. No time to talk last night"

Jiyong nodded again. "It’s okay." In any case he was here to introduce himself as the father of Dara’s child and help them in some way he can do.

A minute later Seunghyun entered the cafe. Dara who has a view from the door side saw him first. “They are here.” She told Jiyong who has his back facing the café entrance door. Seunghyun reached their table and glanced at Jiyong in surprise. He has no idea that Jiyong was with Dara today. “Seunghyun, you’re late.” Dara told him then bowed and smiled at the pretty girl standing beside him.

Jiyong glanced at Seunghyun boringly but he wondered why the guy’s face looked shocked while looking at him. He then darted his eyes to the girl next to Seunghyun and his shoulders suddenly hunched and his jaw tightened. He looked blank for a second, he almost want to take a step backing away from the cafe.

Spell AWKWARD!

Park Bom is Choi Seunghyun’s girlfriend who’s also Kwon Jiyong’s ex-girlfriend! X…….X

The three were having a terrible time with brain fog right now. They all feel like they barely get through a sentence anymore without losing the word they want to say.

Dara change her seat beside Jiyong while Seunghyun was in front of her and next to him was Bom who was uncomfortably facing Jiyong.

Innocent Dara cleared trying to break the sudden awkward silence between all of them which she doesn’t know why even occurred. She really has no idea why everyone seems surrounded by a black smoke all of the sudden. “So uhm…What if you two take your order first?” She suggested to Seunghyun and Park Bom. Dara called the waiter. Seunghyun ordered Cafe latte while Bom ordered cappuccino frappe same with Jiyong. A pang of jealousy targeted Seunghyun when he noticed the similarity of the order of his girlfriend and her ex. He knows Bom love cappuccino frappe ever since they met and he wondered about who influence who.

"Guys." Dara clapped trying to save the day from the scary situation that they are having right now. "Your girlfriend is pretty." innocent Dara complimented Bom. But no one bothered to talk. Everyone was in a claustrophobic situation. An absolute little knocked off balance situation.

"What's your name?" Dara asked Bom out of curiosity of course since Seunghyun didn’t even introduce her to them.

Bom glanced at her and said. "Park Bom."

"Hmmm nice name. By the way I'm Sandara Park.” She offered a shake hand and Bom gladly accept it. “If Seunghyun already told you about our situation you will understand why I called him to have a talk right now. Hope you know everything already." Dara then glanced at Seunghyun.

"Yes she knows everything." Seunghyun affirmed.

"Good." she nodded in contentment. "Anyways, this guy right beside me is Mr. Kwon Jiyong. You will know later why he's here right now." she smiled at the couple in front of her first and turned to Jiyong. "Hey, show them some courtesy." she elbowed Jiyong but the latter didn’t even move a bit. Dara caressed her forehead in wonder. It feels like the tension here is not only about her problem but with these three people with her.

The deafening silence broke when Bom finally dauntlessly asked. "How have you been doing Jiyong?" her voice is so soft that Jiyong miss so much. He glanced at her, surprise that she talked first but he tried to hide that expression from his face. “I’m okay…... is that what you really want me to say?” he replied with a blank face which made all of them felt the lack of air.

After that cold remark from him Bom cannot think of anything to say. It was like a bombshell hitting her down hard. She didn’t expect to see Jiyong here and if only she knew that he was here she'll not even going to come with Seunghyun. She’s not still ready.

Bom looked down. She felt drowned with her own unbearable conscience. She knows Jiyong was still waiting for her explanation but she doesn’t know when the right time for that is and she doesn't know when she was going to be ready. She knows herself she can’t endure to see Jiyong hurt that’s why ever since avoiding to tell him the truth is what the only thing she can do although she knew it was wrong.

“If you don’t love me anymore don’t just randomly ignore me without a reason. You make me feel useless.” Jiyong blurted out looking to the girl he still love while the pain inside him is constantly wrenching his heart. Dara looked lost after hearing what Jiyong said.

"Excuse me. We're not here to talk about you two." Seunghyun interrupted he knows his girlfriend is having a hard time right now to made up her mind on what to do or say. If only he was informed that Kwon Jiyong is coming here he wouldn’t have bring Bom.

"Shut up cheater." Jiyong can’t control himself anymore to say that word out. Dara gawked.

"Jiyong.…" Bom called. "Seunghyun has nothing to do with us. I’m the one who cheat. Don’t call him that." Bom defended. A sudden ache occurred inside Jiyong's chest. Hearing Bom defend Seunghyun perceived jealousy in him.

“Oh Yeah you’re the cheater…………..and the liar.” He said unconsciously. His head seemingly become a whirlwind of pain and anger. He was losing his control.

"Mr. Kwon." Seunghyun called him with a warning tone. "Don’t talk to her like that."

"I’m just telling the truth." He replied showing them that he didn’t regret calling her a cheater though he was really anguished about it.

“He’s right. I’m a cheater. I’m a liar. And I feel terrible that this happened.” Bom finally looked at Jiyong’s eyes. The eyes of the latter felt broken while the other felt guilt and pain.

"I avoid telling you everything because I’m afraid to hurt you. I can’t endure to see your eyes with pain because of me.”

“You can’t endure to see me in pain?” He fakely chuckled. “You should call yourself selfish too. Because you don’t want to hurt yourself seeing me cry because of you.”

“I’m sorry.” Bom’s voice comes out raspy, barely audible.

"Don’t just say sorry! I need an explanation!" Jiyong bursted. “I need to hear the truth from you Bom! Do you even know that it’s killing me now to see you with this guy that I don’t even know why you choose him over me!!?”

"Don’t shout at her!" Seunghyun intervened.

"Don’t shout at me too! And I’m not talking to you!" Jiyong yelled back at Seunghyun. Dara could only watch them in chaos totally shocked on what she was witnessing.

The customers inside the café turned their heads on their area. Some got curious and some felt disturbed.

"Jiyong……” Bom uttered in a low crackly voice. She locked her eyes into him. “The truth is……I got tired of you already.” She frankly said for the first time and the guy in front of her obviously taken a back on what she had said. She gathered all her courage again to continue even though a bloodshot on his eyes was already visible. “Believe me I loved you but I got tired and that’s the truth you want to hear. You always make me feel weak. You always make me feel I’m dependent on you. You gave everything I need that it made me feel useless. I can’t even do my responsibilities on my own. You provide my family everything we need. Yes, I should be thankful of that but it prolonged to the point that I can’t do anything on my own for my family anymore. It feels like you stole everything on me Jiyong, my responsibility to my family, to myself and even as your girlfriend. You don’t even let me give you anything because you think I can’t give you anything. And you say my love is all you need from me?” She had a little laughed at it. “Jiyong it worked for you but not for me. I can’t just say I love you without doing anything. You don’t even let me give you even just a simple gift. You can’t appreciate the little things I want to do with you Jiyong because you don’t let me to do so. ” Bom took a breath after her confession. “But of course I understand because you know I’m incapable giving what you want and what you need because I’m poor that’s why you only expect me to give you is only my love.”

"Then….why you didn’t even tried to tell me this before." Jiyong quavered.

“Because I feel I owe you………everything.”

“You should have confronted me about this.”

“I tried but fear always holds me back.”

"So instead of talking to me………. you cheated on me?"

"I didn’t intend to cheat on you.”

"You just did Bom. You cheat on me."

“That’s why I’m sorry. I don’t have the courage to tell you all of this because of the guilt I have inside me. I feel like I don’t have the right to demand things on you since you’re giving me all. At first I thought it’s a good thing like you’re providing everything I need but as the time goes by I got tired of it because I can’t even do little things for myself, for family and for you. Ji, I never see myself to cheat but it happens. I regret it but it’s too late because I already love him.” She glanced at Seunghyun for a second and back to Jiyong.  “I didn’t tell you because I’m afraid to hurt you and because I’m afraid on things that you’ll do.”

“Things like killing myself or killing you and your lover?” He said in a stone like tone that gives shivers on everyone spine.

“Jiyong……” She felt scared tears dropped from her eyes.

“Don’t worry I won’t do any of that.” He guaranteed.

And the horror they feel a while ago subdued.  “Jiyong…… it turned me to be a coward person I have ever become, guilt always holding me back to tell you the truth because it will hurt you but circumstances stab me from my back that I don’t even notice that you already know about me and Seunghyun.” She hung her head low. “I know it’s my fault.” Tears run down her cheeks. “I didn’t know you’re hurting already knowing all my lies. I should have told you from the start what I feel, my discontentment and be honest with you. But I got scared and I’m sorry for that. I’m sorry for hurting you. You don’t know how my guilt is making me pay for what I did to you. All you do is juts just give me everything but I hurt you.”

Everybody was like pasted on their seats unmoving, everyone enveloped with sadness.

“I want to ask you more things.” Jiyong said in a low voice. He bit his lip suppressing the pain inside him to explode. Everyone waited. “Don’t you love me anymore?” he gutsily asked even though he already knew the answer. “Don’t you want me to give a second chance? To change what you don’t like with me?”

Dara glanced at Jiyong who was staring at Bom, then her eyes went to Bom and the girl’s eyes are down casted. “I’m sorry Jiyong.” She honestly uttered.  “I don’t love you anymore and I already have Seunghyun.” She cried putting her palms to cover face. “I’m sorry.” She guiltily grief.

A silent tear slid down his cheeks and his hands balled into fists. He never expected that this pain inside him still has the possibility to go up to the next level. It was unbearable that he could not even move his fingers and toes. It’s like his heart stop pumping blood and it’s like he stop breathing after finding truthfulness behind those guilt in her eyes. Sometimes the truth are the most difficult words to hear but this is want he want from her and she gave it to him right now. She already gave explanation and the hardest part about it is to accept everything even though the truth feels like a poison killing him.

Seunghyun held Bom’s hand, letting her feel that she did the right thing. “Mr. Kwon, Bom loved you.” He uttered. “She fell in love with you and that is a fact but……….. not all who fell in love progress to true love and Bom is one of them. I hope you don’t blame yourself and I hope that for Bom too. She doesn’t want to lie but lies just came out from her because she doesn’t want to hurt you, because she still cares for you.”

“I still love you Jiyong …” Bom intervened which made everyone stare at her. “I really do but it’s not the kind of love that you’re expecting me to give to you anymore. I’m sorry.” Bom lastly said.

The meeting didn’t turn out well. The purpose to gather is not what has been talked about but Dara think that the meeting finished something that should be ended up. So time wasn’t wasted. She was now with Jiyong. After Bom’s confession he said thank you to her and left with a smile…..but it’s a fictitious smile. For Dara that was the most painful smile she had ever seen in her life. By just remembering how Jiyong said goodbye to Park Bom with that smile a while ago torments her so much so she can’t even imagine how worst Jiyong was feeling right now. He parked his car at the river side, the same place where he broke down in tears in front of her before. They stayed still inside the car. Jiyong was staring outside where the river view was. The bridge not far from the area was so busy with those vehicles driving along it. The river can actually give a calm feeling when you laid your eyes on it but Dara think it didn’t work for the broken guy next to her. She can feel how tortured Jiyong was, his eyes says it all.

“It’s my fault.” He uttered breaking the silence. “It’s not going too turned out like this if she doesn’t feel suffocated with me.”

“Yes it’s your fault………but Bom also.” Dara honestly said. “Both of you made mistakes not just you. It’s her choice not to tell you the truth and made up excuses to avoid hurting you more and she happens to find love with the other guy which I think she didn’t do in purpose. It just happened. Like in your case when you didn’t intend to unconsidered her love for you by thinking that giving all she needs is enough and that your love for her is enough. You both made mistakes so you two ended up like this. Yes you still love her but it’s too late because she already loves somebody. So I don’t think blaming yourself would give you any help here …….you just have to move on.”

“But I don’t think I can.” He said in a low weak voice.

“I know you can if you try.” She said looking at him.

_______________________

Seunghyun driving his car, he felt relieved now that Bom finally voiced out everything inside her chest. Though he knows it will give pain to the persons involved in but it is the right thing to do.

“I’m scared for Jiyong. He might do something crazy.” Bom worriedly uttered while staring outside the window. Seunghyun hold her hand while his other hand still holding the steering wheel. “Don’t worry Bom. Dara is with him. She’s good at advising people.” Seunghyun assured remembering how Dara’s ability can change someone self-view in her words sometimes.

“I hope so.” Bom replied.

________________________

@ Seunghyun Residence

After dropping Bom to her apartment he went straight home and found Dara staring into distance at the balcony. He went to her and asked. “How’s Jiyong?”

“He went home.” She simply replied.

“Are you sure he went straight home?”

Dara shook her head. “He dropped me here. He said he needs to be alone and think.”

“You shouldn’t have left him.”

“He doesn’t want to be accompanied and I think he really needs space to be alone. Don’t worry I don’t think he’ll kill himself tonight.”

“But there’s a possibility he can kill someone tonight.”

“No worries. I know you’re the only one he wants to kill.” Dara joked and Seunghyun rolled his eyes. “At least I’m here to stop him in case he appeared.”

“Hahaha” Seunghyun sarcastically replied. “Anyway why you didn’t tell me about him coming with you?” He curiously asked. “And why is he with you?”

Dara glanced at him and said “It’s because he’s the father.”

Seunghyun looked back at her in confused. She smiled. “Jiyong. He’s the one who got me pregnant.”

His eyes widen in shocked. ‘The I thought he’s honest with Bom all this time!!!?’ his thought blurted out.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yey! More subscribers! Keep coming! You're all welcome here hahaha ^_^v