CHAPTER 16: MASQUERADE

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

MASQUERADE

The night that Bom has been waiting for has come. Her palms keep sweating as the time ticks by. She was too worried about the outcome of this rebellious mission they have right now. It might come out in favor to them or the opposite which she was afraid of.

Seungri dropped Bom and Dara at the beauty parlor this afternoon for the preparation for tonight’s Seunhyun’s Masquerade Ball. Kwon Jiyong on the other hand never showed up his face the whole day. Seungri told the girls that they don’t have to worry about him because Jiyong still has important matters to finished first.

It’s already five thirty in the afternoon and the hairdressers are now fixing the girls hair. “Are you okay?” Dara asked Bom while George who prefers to be called Georgina started spraying hairs spray on her curls. Bom glanced at her and shook her head in response. “No. I think I’m going to faint any moment from now. It’s so nerve wracking. The thought of going to the party is making me totally nervous.” She honestly told Dara. Going at the place where you are not invited is absolutely terrifying. She just wished that everything will come into place in favor to them.

“That’s okay. Everything is going to be alright.” Dara pat Bom’s arm resting on the chair’s arm rest assuring her that everything will be fine. “You all have to do is stay awake and don’t faint. Okay? You have to do this Bom….for Seunghyun. Trust him.”

Bom nodded. “Yeah, Trust him. Of course. After everything we’ve been through. I don’t think I can still let this chance go.”

Dara gave her a dearly smile. “That's right.”

“Thanks.” Bom replied. She looked at herself in the mirror in front of them diverting her thoughts to something that will make her forget the tingling anxiety she’s experiencing right now about tonight’s event. She glanced at Dara who was now laughing at to whatever Georgina told her. She was still stunned by the fact that Jiyong got her pregnant. Bom’s eyes slip to Dara’s round tummy. It’s not that it’s hard to believe that it happened but unlike her Jiyong was not the kind of guy who will lie at her, if that is the right word for hiding about Dara’s pregnancy to her at the time that they are still together.

“Dara…can I asked you something?” Bom asked skeptically after the hairdressers already left them. Dara glance at her and listened. “I haven’t got a chance to ask Jiyong about this yesterday because I was in the state shock.” Bom bowed her head. “Honestly….it really surprised me. So I don’t know what the right word to say at that time.”

Dara blinked at her and smiled. “Of course you’re free to ask anything.”

“Really?” Bom looked back at her with round eyes.

Dara nodded. “Yeah, ask me anything.”

Bom tucked her hair behind her ear before she speaks. “Well Uhm…I just want to know where it happened.” She said with a tone of hesitation worried on how the other will get her question.

“Huh?” Dara tried to absorb the first question until it sinks in to her. She suddenly blushed thinking that Bom was asking about where they made the baby.

“I’m sorry! I mean when it happened---“ Bom changed of what she thought a shameless question in panicked.

“No. It’s okay.” Dara cutted her off. “If you really want to know about that. Why not. I’m telling you everything you want.” She said but she can feel her cheeks are now burning.

Bom bit her lip shyly. It’s just that her curiosity made her asked something like that. Yeah damn curiosity!

“Okay.” Dara cleared . “As far as I remember as Jiyong told me…..that was the day when you broke up with him.”

Bom nodded remembering it. “Okay.”

“He went to a bar after you split up with him and…..it just happened that I’m in that bar too….so we met there.” Dara continued carefully telling her.

Bom looked at her horrified. “You two did it inside bar?”

“Of course not!” She gaped at Bom for thinking that way. There’s no way she’d do that kind of thing in public, in a bar!

“Okay. I’m sorry. Calm down.” Bom chuckled towards Dara’s reaction. “I’m just kidding. Just go on with your story.”

Dara popped her flaming cheeks in embarrassment.

“Continue on what you’re saying please.” Bom eagerly told her, while eyeing her to go on in talking.

Dara breathe out first and continued trying to ignore Bom’s grin. “So Jiyong and I met at the bar.” She continued. “He was actually the one who approach me but I’m so drunk that time already that I can’t control what I’m doing or saying anymore.” Dara played the curls of her hair with her fingers. “I remember he was saying that he was there to forget.”

“To forget me?” Bom murmured.

“No. Not you.” Dara abruptly answered. “But to forget what you did to him and get rid the pain inside him….” Bom hung her head low as the guilt strikes on her again. What she did to Jiyong torn him apart and maybe until now. “….and because of that he asked me to help him how to get drunk. So I gave him cans and bottles of beer and let him drink everything.”

“And then?” Bom glanced back at her.

“And then we party together all night.”

“Okay.” Bom slightly shifted on her seat.

“We drink everything. We drowned ourselves to alcohol.”

Bom nodded.

“Until we both out of control.”

“And?”

“We dance and went wild at the bar.”

Bom rolled her eyes. “Urgh. Please try to hype the story Dara. That’s not what I want to hear. Go straight to the .” Bom said impatiently sounding like she was Dara’s bestfriend for years who wants her to spill out everything until her ears will be satisfied by it.

Dara stared at Bom. Surprised that she’s kind of acting that they are so close and bestfriend like.

“Dara go on.” Bom groaned impatiently.

“O-okay fine.” She cleared again, now miraculously starting to feel comfortable while talking to Bom “I’m not sure if this really happened but this is what I remember....at that bar we’ve been….they played love songs.”

Bom raised her eyebrow.

“And the funny part was….those songs seem run through our veins uncontrollably that we just find ourselves hugging each other.” Dara blushed while blurting it out with . She then let out a queer little laugh. It’s weird that she’s blushing remembering that night with Jiyong now. As far as she knows herself, she was refusing to remember that night before and even cursing those memories to go away inside her head and get rid of them. But why she suddenly having a red-face while recalling it now. So stupid.

“And then you kissed?” Bom straightly looked at her with full of eagerness.

Dara intake a breath sharply. “Ahhh yeah? We kissed I think.” She uncertainly answered.

Bom rolled her eyes once again. “Then what happened next?”

“What happened next is…I woke up with him inside a hotel…..”

“OH.MY.GOD.” Bom uttered and her jaw hanged open.

Dara then came back to her senses after hearing what Bom lastly said. “I’m sorry! I should’ve said these things to you.” Dara said in panicked. “Jiyong will surely kill me. Oh my god I’m sorry.” Dara suddenly realized that Bom was the only girl that Jiyong ever wanted. His love. Telling her about these things that Jiyong believe will be the reason not to get her back was so called the effing foolishness. She wanted to slap her big mouth right now for saying of what she thought will start another big trouble.

“What are you sorry about Dara?” Bom narrowed her eyes at her.

“I’m sorry. You’re the last person should hear this stupidity story of mine.” Dara face palm. As much as she wanted to pull out all her hair Georgina will surely slap her with anger too. “I’m pretty sure that Jiyong is not fond of what just I did now! I’m doomed.”

Bom chuckled. “There’s nothing to worry about Dara.” She was trying to remove Dara’s palms covering her face. “Jiyong finding out that you told me what happen is not what I think will push him to be angry at you.”

“How sure you are? I know he will kill me when he find this out.”

“He can’t do killing. Don’t exaggerate.” Bom laughed at her. And the sound of her laughter made Dara frowned.

“Bom…you don’t know. He’s still in love with you. So telling you all of this was so called idiotness.”

“There’s no such word like idiotness.”

“There is! And it means me!”

Bom sighed. “Don’t worry Okay. Jiyong will not do anything to you. Trust me. “She smiled at Dara like she-knows-something-that-she-don’t-know way. “Remember, Jiyong was the first one who spill out everything about you carrying his child.”

Dara then turned her head at the mirror in front of them and sighed. “You have a point there.” she uttered. “He told me before that we need to hide it. That it should be a secret. He avoided me not tell anyone and to anybody about him being the father of my baby most especially to you and his family. But what amazed me was….the secret he wants us to hide was out and he said it all by himself right in front of you.”

Bom nodded and muttered. “Yeah that’s right. Are you not curious why?”

“Curious? About what?”

“About him revealing the secret to me himself. Why do you think he do that?”

Dara wrinkled her forehead. “To make you jealous?” she guessed.

“I don’t think so.” Bom smiled at her with flashing eyes.

Dara stared at her in wonder. “What do you mean?”

But before Bom could answer, the parlor entrance door opened and Jiyong entered while his eyes are searching for them. “Hey.” He said while having his way towards Bom and Dara while Seungri was tailing after him.

Bom stood up from her chair. “What do you think?” she asked while showing herself at Jiyong. Bom was wearing the red ball gown she bought yesterday. The silk was perfectly fits to her upper body and the black gemstones at the bottom of her gown making it more stunning. Her hair was up in ponytail and she was wearing a red hot lipstick that matches her ball gown very well. Jiyong looked at her from head to toe and nodded convincingly. “You’re very beautiful Bom.” He sincerely commented.

Bom smiled and . “You’re still good at words you use to me.”

“I’m always sincere at my words to you.” He said back making Bom stiffened. Jiyong noticed it and just smiled at her, a smile that uncovered his feeling that he is missing her.

“How about Dara?” Bom pulled Dara up from her chair and make her face Jiyong. She wanted to change the topic right away. “Is she beautiful too?” Bom asked.

Dara looked at Jiyong first but she quickly bowed her head when his eyes met hers. Jiyong looked at her from her toes up to her head too. She was wearing a beige color ball gown. It has light pink ruffles at its ends and glitters and beads across the lines. She also partnered it with a dirty white pink shawl which has it purpose to cover her round belly. She’s wearing an enough amount of make-up, making her look younger with her pink gloss on her lips and pink blush on.

“She’s beautiful right?” Bom asked again.

“Yeah.” Jiyong shortly said. Dara waited for more words but nothing came. She felt unrecognized. Dara looked up and glared at him but Jiyong failed to see it as he checked his watch. “It’s already 6. We need to go.” he reminded.

Jiyong then grabbed Bom wrist and pulled her with him exiting the beauty parlor, totally unaware to the flaring nose Dara has. She was so disappointed at his comment to her. It’s something that is not so acceptable! Of course Dara almost what to praise herself out loud a while ago when she saw herself at the mirror with a make up on that reveals her beautiful face features more. Even Georgina the beauty expert of the salon praised her beauty.

“How dare him.” Dara strongly whispered still glaring at Jiyong’s retreating back.

“Don’t mind him Ms. Dara. You look so beautiful now.” Seungri said to comfort her who she only noticed now that he was just standing right beside her. But she ignored him, she can’t accept compliments from others since the person she expect the most to say something good about her look for tonight has nothing to say about it. So words from other people are irrelevant. She was so upset and she can’t help it!

Jiyong ordered Seungri to drive Dara to the venue while Jiyong himself will drive Bom. Dara was bothered about the pinch she felt inside her chest when Jiyong was like intentionally staying away from her. Letting Seungri drive for her and not him was making Dara drag down in dismay. She felt left behind and it’s not good to feel about.

@ The Venue

Jiyong held Bom's hand while she was climbing out of the car. They are now wearing their masks. Jiyong matched his black suit with a glittery blue mask with black stones around the edge of it that is half covering his face. While Bom wore the red feathery mask that Seunghyun gave to her. They walked down the red carpet leading them to the entrance door of the venue.

Dara followed Jiyong and Bom and the flashing lights from the camera were like lightning across her face and it was making her frown. She was obviously not in the mood right now and it started because of Kwon Jiyong who can’t appreciate a single thing about her. And walking alone at the red carpet is not helping what she felt either.

They entered the place and it was magical. The chandeliers on the ceiling were shinning and glowing. The place looks like those in medieval era, where Kings and Queens lived but it has a very modern touch. From carpets to curtains, from tables to chairs, from flowers to other decorations, it was all fascinating.

When you look around you can’t recognized anyone because of the glamorous masks their all wearing. Seunghyun’s has this great idea for doing his party as a masquerade ball. Doing it was all for Bom, for her to conceal her identity easily.

They placed themselves at the round table for four persons that were located five feet away from the stage. Jiyong sat between Dara and Bom. Which Dara wish Jiyong was not sitting beside her or she wish she was not there anymore. She watched Jiyong who warily looking at Bom who looks so nervous with her clammy hands already.

"Bom." he uttered softly and he slipped his hand on top of her hand. "Relax. Everything will be alright." he comforted. He wants her to stop being nervous though he knows how intense this situation could be for her.

“I’m worried.” Bom blurted out under her breath.

“You don’t have to worry. You just need to trust……him.” Jiyong can’t say his name for it is a sharp pain searing through him. Dara stared at Jiyong's hand caressing Bom’s with his thumb and for the first time she knew that it is a kind of view that she doesn’t want to see anymore.

A moment later, the waiters started to fill their tables with foods. And Dara eat everything in her plate in record breaking minutes. Bom chuckled as she noticed Dara’s hunger for food. No one can beat an eating pregnant woman.

“Do you want my share too?” Bom offered her plate to her. Dara astonishingly glanced at her.

“Are you sure?” Dara asked can’t control herself to refuse the offer because what she ate was truthfully not enough for her and the baby.

“Of course. Here take this.” Bom was about to give her plate to Dara when Jiyong’s hand stop her. Bom looked at Jiyong in wonder.

“You should eat.” He told Bom.

“I’m not hungry.” Bom answered him back. Jiyong put back her plate in front of her like he didn’t hear anything.

“You need to eat.” He said.

“I don’t feel like eating Jiyong.” She said in stern.

“You need it Bom. You don’t know the battle that you about to enter later.” He warned her, his eyes pretty knows well about what is going to happen. So Bom can’t help it but take his warning very seriously and it made her doubled her nervousness.

And again Dara was upset about Jiyong stopping Bom about giving the food to her. She wants to eat for goodness sake! But Kwon was acting like a hero towards Bom for her not to hunger herself. But how about her? She’s still hungry too. She grips her gown tightly under the table. It just feels not fair.

While Dara was battling to herself with the unfamiliar emotional thoughts she has. A plate with full of food was replaced her empty plate in front of her. She looked up and found out Jiyong gave his plate to her. Dara stared at him filled with wonder.

“You can eat my part.” He said with a low voice but he was not looking at her.

Dara glanced at the food and then to Jiyong. Her eyes were like going to fall a tear but she make sure that it will not happen. Though she’s wearing a mask to hide it falling a tear with what he just did is such an embarrassment to consider. That is not really a good way to say how touch she was to him even though she really was.

“T-thank you.” She then told him quietly instead and started eating the food in front of her. Dara then wondered about the way she reacts in every simple thing he was doing towards her, like her upsets, dismays, tingles in stomach, and heartbeats. All of that was blurring and unsettling. She still has no idea why all of these are happening to her.

"Good evening!~" a husky energetic old voice entered everyone’s ear at the moment. Everybody turned their heads on the stage where they saw a white haired old man with a good posture wearing a tuxedo standing on stage.

“I am Simon and I will be your master of ceremony tonight. I want to thank all of you for taking time out of your busy day to attend this grand Masquerade party we prepared for our very gorgeous looking celebrant for tonight.” The MC continued talking about Seunghyun about his child life up to his achievements. It could be an interesting topic about him but for Bom it’s not important to know the glamorous life that Seunghyun’s have been living. She knows it’s not what Seunghyun want to live with his remaining life anymore.  He already changed and that’s because he loves her. What he wants now is to live with her and she was sure of that.

After playing a 40 seconds movie like video for Seunghyun the MC finally called his name. “Mr. Choi Seunhyun!!” The MC loudly said through his microphone. Clapping hands occurred as Seunghyun appeared in front of the stage, looking good like a prince with his white with a touch of gold suit but he was not wearing any masks which expose his impassive expression. His posture and stone like face caught Dara’s attention as she knows Seunghyun looks different now. His face was emotionless, and he does unresponsive, apathetic behavior on stage which is not so him.

Bom tears threatening on her eyes as he watched Seunghyun just standing five feet away from her. She wanted to run and hugged him tightly. But there are so many reasons that were stopping her. She miss him so much that she felt aches inside her heart that only him can heal. Bom seems lost as she stared at Seunghyun for she doesn’t know how long already but the other doesn’t even take a moment to look back at her. She thought that was maybe because of the feathery mask she was wearing that he can’t recognized her but the fact that Seunghyun was the one who gave it to her is puzzling. Why he’s not looking at me?

As the MC continued talking there’s one word made everyone surprised. “We’re now going to meet Seunghyun’s bride to be tonight!” Simon excitedly announced with full teeth on the microphone. Jiyong quickly looked at Bom who was now stiffened on her seat.

“This is crazy.” Dara murmured.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, Let’s welcome Mr. Choi’s beautiful fiancé Ms. Lee Chaerin!” Her name echoed at the place along the clapping sounds from the guests. The sounds almost made Bom deaf. Her ears hurt so much at the same time her heart throbs in pain. Although she knows about Seunghyun’s fiancé already she didn’t expect it to happen here. The night they planned for both of them to be together again. She’s afraid everything will be ruined.

The girl came out same where Seunghyun first appeared from. She was wearing a feathery red mask which made everyone got disappointed as they are all curious to see her face. But what surprise Jiyong, Dara and Bom was the girl was wearing the same mask that Bom has.

Jiyong and Dara were flabbergasted at the announcement. Their eyes darted at the girl standing beside Seunghyun wearing a white with a touch of gold ball gown that matched Seunghyun's suit.

Jiyong looked at Bom who was now frozen at her seat. He knows Bom was now struggling inside her not to break down. He held Bom’s hand to comfort her, to give her strength but the other seems didn’t felt it as she was just staring straight at her boyfriend standing on the stage together with the girl that he was about to marry.

“Bom..” He called. “Just tell me you don’t want to be here anymore and I will take you out of here with me.” Jiyong told her. Bom bit her lips as tears run down to her cheeks. She was so thankful that the mask was covering her wet face right now. It hides the pain she bears.

“No. I’m not leaving.” Bom firmly said.

Jiyong shut his eyes and removed his hand from her. As much as he wanted to run and take Bom with him right now he knows she was going to refuse and will choose to stay. Though he can’t help it to see how much Bom was hurting he can’t do anything but to go on with the flow and wait to the next terrible thing that might happen tonight.

“So what can you say about your party Mr. Choi Seunghyun?” the MC asked putting the microphone near his mouth. Seunghyun glanced at Simon first and then to the guest around the room. “It is……………..great.” He said but it sound insincere.

Simon let out a forceful little laugh. “Yes of course! It’s great! This place is magical! Anyways, let’s shift to something more interesting.” Simon grinned and asked again. “So what do you feel about your upcoming wedding?”

There is a pause before he answered. “I don’t know if excitement is the right word to say.”

Simon nodded, he was speechless but he was still wearing a forceful smile then he turned to the girl beside Seunghyun thinking she could give a better answer than him.

“How about you dear Chaerin? What do you feel about your upcoming wedding?”

“Everything happened so fast. It’s hard to embrace them all at once.” Chaerin answered with posture.  “That’s why it’s hard to say I like it.” She bluntly added.

Simon blinked at her in surprise but he was luckily recovered in seconds. “That was an incredibly honest answer from you Ms. Lee.” He fakely smiled. “Of course there are cases like that. Sometimes things surprise you in ways you don’t expect. Surprises that you might like and might not like. However, we can’t change the fact that you two are destined to be together. Right?” Simon told them while wearing an annoying smile.

Chaerin just rolled her eyes at him that leads Simon to jump in the ending question already. “Anyways, before anything else…anything you want to say to your fiancé Mr. Choi?

Seunghyun nodded and Simon returned the microphone near him, felt glad that the guy was still coping up with him.

“I just want to say I love her so much.” Seunghyun straightly said.

“What?!” Jiyong angrily blurted out. His hand automatically balled into fist and very wanted to stride toward Seunghyun in stage and punch his face right away but it stopped him after hearing the next thing that Seunghyun said.

“…..though I know she already knows that. I want to make sure she always hears that from me, that I love her.” Seunghyun then finally met Bom’s eyes. And despite of the mask she’s wearing she felt him. That Seunghyun was talking to her. “Maybe not everyone knows that she’s the one I love….I want her to wait until that day to happen. I will do my best to make it happen as soon as possible and I promise that.”

“Ahh that’s so sweet of Mr. Choi. What can you say about that romantic message of your groom to be Ms. Lee Chaerin?” Simon then turned to her who was stunned by what she heard from Seunghyun.

“Uh~well. Thanks to that.” She said confused and give Seunghyun a weird look.

The party went on, with Seunghyun together with Chaerin holding into his arm while walking around the room. They met everyone in their respective tables and everyone congratulates them. The party turned out like their engagement party rather than Seunghyun’s birthday party. Until Seunghyun & Chaerin has one last table to go.

“I want to rest already!” Chaerin glared at Seunghyun while spraying his hand with alcohol. She was doing that every after they visit a table. Seunghyun eyed her for being a clean freak.

“Just one more minute, okay!” he told her in gritted teeth.

“I don’t even know why I have to be here. It’s your birthday not even mine.” She angrily said putting back the alcohol inside her purse.

Seunghyun groaned. “There is one last table. Please keep up with me.”

“But I don’t want to. I want to rest!” Chaerin was about to leave but Seunghyun held her arm stopping her from leaving.

“Don’t go.” He pleadingly said. “Please.”

Chaerin looked up to Seunghyun with his eyes like earnestly begging at her. She was puzzled about the supplicating eyes he was giving her. It seems he needs her right now, his eyes are asking something she has no idea what is all about but it affects her so much. Like she felt wanting to help him to whatever he was up to.

“Okay. Last one table and after that I’m resting.” She finally agreed and Seunghyun nodded in response. He then put back Caherin’s hand in his arm and continued to walk.

Bom laid her eyes on him while he was having his way towards them. She felt like she’s going to lose her breath as the distance between them became shorter and shorter. She froze when Seunghyun already reached their table.

“Hi.” He greeted in a low husky thick voice.

Bom looked up at him. They stared at each other’s eyes for too long and smiled. Tears fell on her cheeks once again. He missed him.

 “Hi.” She greeted back voice was quivering. Her breathing hitched as his eyes continuously and lovingly stared at her.

“How’s the party?” He asked not leaving his gazed on her.

“Very mysfying.” Bom answered breathlessly.

Chaerin was looking back and forth at Seunghyun and Bom while slowly figuring out what was happening between the two until she crept a smile on her face. “Now I understand. She’s the girl right?” Chaerin said interrupting the world of both of them.

Seunghyun nodded at her while Bom glanced at Chaerin shyly. “This is interesting.” She cleared first, and then tightened her wrapping hands around his arm and said. “Hi, I’m Chaerin Seunghyun’s fiancé.” She introduced herself in a way. Seunghyun quickly turned his head at her and give him shooting sharp eyes. “What? I’m telling the truth.” Chaerin derisively said. “In what way you want me to introduce myself here? I was doing that the whole evening and this is the first time you glared at me like that. That’s so ungentlemanly of you Mr. Choi Seunghyun.”

“Stop it Chaerin.” Seunghyun warned.

“Okay fine.” Chaerin moved up her shoulder. “Is it my time to leave already? Because if you don’t mind I really wanted to go and rest now.”

“Chaerin please..” here goes Seunghyun’s pleading technique again.

Chaerin rolled her eyes. “I don’t know why I still need to be here okay---“

“I still need you here. I need your help here.” He said fervently.

Chaerin chuckled while looking at Seunghyun implausibly. “Can you please at least tell me why?”

“I need you here to stop my parents to suspect anything. If you will leave me here alone their eyes will stick on me and with that……I can’t do what I needed do.”

“So what is this you needed to do?”

“To be with the one I love.”

Chaerin chuckled. “Don’t tell me you’re going to run away with her tonight?” she said not so serious about it.

“Yes you’re right I’m running away with her.” Seunghyun intently responded with no touch of wavering at all. “….and we need your help.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Put your hands in the air

How y’all feeling out there

We gon’ party over here

Everyone together sing it let me hear you say

La la la la la la la la

La la la la la la la la

La la la la la la la la

La la la la la la la la la

 

I am a good girl

I am a good good

I am a good girl ^___________________^v