CHAPTER 6: BROKEN

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

^___^ ANNYEONG FINALLY DONE WRITING THIS CHAP! LOL

 

Dara was lying down on bed when all of a sudden a great smell came up on her nose. A warm aroma slithered into the room, and Dara sniffed in the scent. It smelled like a mix of green apples, cinnamon, and chocolate. She slowly opened her eyes and saw a mystifying face staring back at her, this can be the best morning she ever had these past few weeks due to her morning sickness. Today was completely different. What she smells, what she see is all unbelievably wonderful that making her feel relax and serene. But then she vaguely wondered why there’s a guy inside her room? She jolted and quickly lifted herself into a sitting position. She stared at the guy standing beside her bed.

“Good Morning Sandara.” His voice lingered to her ears. “Time to get up..” He invited.

“W-what are you doing here?” She asked in panic and immediately checked herself under the white blanket covering her, afraid to know that there might have something happened again that she doesn’t know. Jiyong chuckled. “Don’t think dirty.”

Dara’s pale face turned as red as a tomato. “You can’t really blame me.” She blurted out and pouted remembering when she woke up with him . “So how did you get in my room?” She asked him skeptically instead.

“I requested a duplicate of your card key for emergency just in case you fainted again while locking up yourself in this room.” He reasoned out.

Dara’s eyes then darted to the tray that Jiyong was holding and she mouth watered seeing the delicious, appetizing, delectable food in it. Jiyong noticed her cravings so he put the tray beside her bed. Jiyong also took his seat at the edge of the bed and started slicing the apple pie using the bread knife. “You baked it?” Dara asked still eyes glued on the apple pie.

“Yeah I baked it inside my suite.”

Dara nodded. She swallowed her saliva when the syrup dripped out from the apple pie when Jiyong sliced it. She pressed her lips for having a sweet tooth towards the apple pie in front of her. Jiyong smiled in amusement. Seeing the girl reaction is fun to watch.

When Dara thought that the slice of pie that Jiyong put in his fork was for her ………disappointment hit her when he shoved the piece of pie inside his mouth and not hers. Dara gaped because he just crushed her day dream to taste that delicious apple pie with her own tongue in that moment. Of course she expects that it’s for her. Jiyong have another bite of the apple pie totally enjoying that delish all by himself.

Dara glared at him. “So what is your purpose for coming here?” She annoyingly asked.

“You want?” He by offering the food because he knows she’s totally craving for it.

Dara looked away. “No.”

Jiyong smirked. “You sure?”

“Get out of my room!” She pestered.

He let out little chuckles. ‘She’s damn cute.’ He thought. “I’m just kidding." He finally said. “This is actually all for you.” He offered a slice of apple pie near her face. Dara ignored him, trying hard to avoid that heavenly smell of the pie that lingers to her nose “Come on! I know you want to shove this in your mouth already.” He snickered. Dara showed him her annoyed face. “I said get out of my room!”

“Ahhhh didn’t know you’re that cruel.”

Dara glared at him and he showed a face like there’s a wave of disappointment swept over him. “You don’t have a heart to give me a little appreciation for doing this. Do you know I even woke up early to bake you this delicious apple pie and make a hot chocolate this morning?” He was making her feel guilty. “This is really for you, you know.” He hung his head low.

Dara ignored him crossing her arms in her chest.

“Are you not really going to eat this?” he asked again and waited for her to say something. “If you don’t want…………. it’s okay. I’ll eat it myself then.” So he stood up and about to go bringing the tray with the apple pie and hot chocolate with him but Dara stopped him. As what he expected her to do. He hid a small smile and looked back at her and acted innocent.

“You really prepare that for me?” She asked shyly. Jiyong nodded. Dara bit her lower lip unable to pretend anymore. “Okay let me eat that.” She uttered.

“Are you sure?” He asked again. She nodded in response. If only she can endure her cravings she’s not going to act like this. URGHHH

A smirked appeared to his lips. He sat and placed back the tray in front of her. She swallowed hard when the great scent came up to her nose once again. Jiyong chuckled, though Dara felt embarrassed already she can’t help herself not to shove a big sliced of apple pie in . Like it’s her first time to eat an edible food like this ever.

“You look hungry.” He uttered.

But Dara ignored him and just enjoying herself while eating the delicious apple pie. She also tried her favorite hot chocolate that undeniably satisfied her taste buds.

Unaware of herself, Dara suddenly burped in front of Kwon Jiyong. She’s full. The guy bewildered on the sound he just heard so he looked at her amused. “What’s that?” He innocently asked.

“The what?” she pretended.

“You farted?”

Dara dropped her jaw. “Excuse me!” her face turned red.

Jiyong laughed.

“Yah! I just burp! I didn’t fart!”

“HAHAHAHA”

“Stop laughing!”

“pfft”

“Tsk. Is it your first time to hear a burp?”

“Yes. From a girl.”

Dara rolled her eyes. “Anyways thank you for breakfast.”

Jiyong nodded “You’re welcome.” He’s still wearing his gummy smile.

_____________________

“I actually wanted to charge you for destroying my motorbike.” Jiyong said while driving his car. Dara doesn’t have any idea where their route today is but she didn’t even dare to refuse or complain because she was really satisfied with the apple pie and hot chocolate that he prepared for her this morning.

“I’m sorry I sneaked away. I got scared when I saw you.” she said referring to the incident in the hospital.

“I know. I also felt the same when I remembered you." he said. "Feeling that you want to run away."

Dara looked down and smiled. “Don’t you worry I will pay you back for your motorbike and I also want to say thank you for saving my life that day.”

“It’s okay. My motorbike is now in good hands with the motorbike doctors. So you don’t have to worry about it anymore and about saving your life every person in that situation will certainly do the same.”

“Just charge to me the repair expenses of the motorbike.” She offered.

“I can pay it myself.”

“I still feel that it’s my responsibility to pay you so let me do this. This is the only way to make me feel at ease already.”

Jiyong didn’t say anything after that. An hour later, they finally reached their destination. Dara held her breath seeing the place. She’s now witnessing the idyllic scenery of Jeju Island. “What is the name of this place?”

“Hmmm I don’t know. I’m just wandering around that time and accidentally found this place, then I bought my girlfriend here.” He replied.

A sudden awkward atmosphere enveloped Dara after hearing about his girlfriend so she just nodded in response. The sky had a warm feeling as if wrapping its arms around her. She laid her eyes to the beautiful yellow flowers dancing and swaying blissfully whenever the wind will blow. The fresh fragrance of sweet flowers blossomed in the air.

“Can I go there?” She asked him pointing to the beautiful flowers in front of them. Jiyong say yes. She then went at the center of the beautiful yellow flowers excitedly. She could feel the lushes grass brushing under her feet like pure silk. She closed her eyes and let the wind blew through her hair feeling it.

“What do you feel?” Jiyong placed himself beside her.

“Wonderful.” She answered smilingly. She then opened her eyes and glanced to Jiyong who was now sitting in the grass. She followed sitting beside him.

“Let’s start.” Jiyong uttered his hair up everytime the wind blew his hair. He looks so good whenever he'll do that and Dara can’t deny she was distracted with that gesture. “Is someone’s into you other than Mr. Lee?” He straightforwardly asked.

“Huh?”

“You said you don’t have a boyfriend right?” Dara nodded. “But do you know Mr. Lee annunciate himself as your boyfriend at the clinic?”

“He was always like that.” Dara shrugged.

Jiyong actually don’t know how to say to her his plan about the baby. He was afraid of the reaction she will do once he told her about his idea.

“You know I have a much complicated problem than Donghae. I’m engaged already and my wedding day is so soon.”

“You’re getting married?” Jiyong look briefly at her. Dara nodded in response.

“Obviously I don’t want to marry the guy I had engaged with. I don’t like him.”

“Ohhh that’s interesting. Force marriage.”

“And the guy’s parents want us to make out already and make a baby for them. It’s crazy right? How can I make out with the guy who I just met twice?”

Jiyong chuckled and Dara glared at him. “What’s funny?”

“You don’t like to make out to the guy who you just met twice but you make out with me on our first night.”

“It’s not funny Kwon Jiyong!”

“Alright! Alright! I’m sorry…..” Jiyong restrained himself from laughing.

“So what do you think I should do?” She asked.

“If you don’t like him, runaway.” He simply said.

“That’s another problem. As long as I wanted to runaway I can’t because this marriage is contingent with the situation that our company is experiencing right now.”

Jiyong turned his head at her. “What do you mean?”

Dara realized what she just said. “Uh-oh. Well…..can you promise me that you’re not going to tell this to anyone?”

Jiyong assured. “Promise?” She asked but he rolled his eyes. “Okay I trust you.” She continued. “Our company is at risk and the only way to save it is to merge with another company and that is with the Choi Family.”

“……and The Choi Family asked you as an exchange for helping the business of your father?”

“No. The Choi Family didn’t know about the situation of our company. My father is a trickster he offered me to them in exchange of merging. He will never let anyone know that he’s crumbling down already.”

“Offered?”

“Yeah~ you know the world of business. No one will give unless giving has a benefit for them. So my father did some research about the Choi Family and he found out that they are looking for someone who can marry their son. And because Choi Seunghyun is the last man standing for the growth of their clan, they want him to produced inheritors already and unfortunately I’m the chosen one.”

Jiyong laughed. “What the ! You’re the chosen one to produce newborns for them? I don’t know I’m hearing this kind of stuff right now! This is crazy!”

“I know right! This is crazy.”

“So you’re trapped. It’s like marrying the guy is the only way to save your company and of course you don’t want your company to vanish like that because it’s your mom’s legacy.”

“You got it!”

Jiyong then realized something. His expression changed, cold blood run to his nerves instantly. “But…..but….but how?” He stuttered. Dara looked at him questionably. “How can you do that? I mean how you can marry…..how can you marry when you’re……when you’re pregnant because of me?” He finally said.

“That’s why I told you I don’t know what to do anymore.”

“I can’t believe you’re experiencing all of these things right now. Wow.” He shook his head unbelievably. “This is so complicated. How can you still sleep at night?” Dara just gave him a small smile. He stared at her and realized that this girl in front of him is a strong girl who goes through all kinds of problems and highs and lows.

Jiyong sighed. He didn’t know that he’s now dragged in such complicated situation. How can he escape from this?

Abortion

That word crosses his mind when he was contemplating about Dara’s pregnancy days ago. That was his idea but he doesn’t have the courage to say it to her.

“So tell me your plan about our situation?” Dara suddenly asked. Jiyong felt cold not because of the wind that touches his skin but because he was uncertain about her reaction once he told her. But he’s not going to know if he will not going to try. Right?

“What do you think of……….” Hesitation is killing him. “What do you think of….”

Dara waited but her eagerness to know about his plan was eating up her patience. “Think of what?” She impatiently asked.

“About……well……uhm…………..what do you think about………abortion.” He finally uttered.

Dara just stared at him, speechless. Her eyebrows knitted close together in thought.

“I’m sorry that’s the only way that I came up with. I know it’s wrong but…..”

“……..but it’s the only way to get out from the mess.” She continued his sentence now looking down, diverting her eyes to the yellow flower swaying blissfully in front of her.

“I’m sorry.” He apologetically said. “I have a girlfriend and you’re engaged so I think this will set everything up.”

Dara can’t hide the blankness on her face, she doesn’t know what to react. So after a minute she just nod and said. “Okay. I will think about it.”

_________________

They are now back to Seoul, the plane landed safely but still he was bothered about the abortion. Is she going to do that? He knows that’s a wrong thing to do but….…..his phone suddenly rings cutting his thoughts. He checked and found out that it is one of his men he called before flying to Jeju. He put his phone near his ear and let the man to talk.

His hand fell down on his side. Dara who just beside him noticed that he looked shocked. “Are you okay Mr. Kwon?” She asked but without any words Jiyong run in speed leaving his luggage in front of Dara. She was left curious and worried on how Jiyong look a while ago. It’s like he just receive a bad news that drained the color of his face in an instant.

____________________

Jiyong straightly went to Bom’s apartment. Even though he’s deadly tired coming from his previous trip to Jeju it was all washed away after hearing what his man told to him.

“Bom!” He outraged in front of the apartment door. “Bom!”

The door opened and Bom’s mother looked at him in puzzled. “Jiyong.” The old lady uttered but before she can say anything Jiyong asked her first. “Omma! Where’s Bom?” He asked with desperate eyes.

“What’s happening Jiyong?”

“I’m asking where Bom is?!” His voice roared the room.

“S-She’s at school.” Bom’s mother answered startling.

Jiyong run down the apartment rushing not minding how he shouted at the old lady back there totally losing his control. He’s so stupid to come over to the apartment first because he’s the best person to think that Bom was at school in this hour but because he looks like he was out of his mind his brain can't process anything normally at the moment. When he arrived at the university, the fangirls gasped in surprised seeing him visited their school once again. They squealed in delight but Jiyong feels like his whole body is ripping out with the pain. “Is Park Bom here?” He entered one of the rooms at the first floor. “She’s at room 204” The girl seated at the corner answered him while blushing. Jiyong rush upstairs and went to room 204 without thanking the girl and finally found Bom there having her class but he didn’t even hesitate to enter the classroom. The professor was surprised on the sudden appearance of Kwon Jiyong at his class and before the professor can say anything Jiyong already pulled Bom out from there.

“What are you doing?!” Bom struggled from his tight grip on her wrist. “Yah! Let me go! You’re hurting me!”

Jiyong can’t restrain himself and just threw Bom’s hand in the air. Bom almost stumbled at the force but lucky obtained her balance quickly. “What’s your problem?!” They are now at the left side area of the building, a place of empty students.

Jiyong raked his hair and just walked back and forth in front of her looks really frustrated. “Jiyong what’s happening to you?” Bom jumped in surprised when Jiyong punched the wall not only once but repeatedly. Bom gaped, she looked at him with wide eyes. “Jiyong stop it! You’re hurting yourself!” Bom hold his arm stopping him. “Stop it Jiyong! Stop it!”

Jiyong suddenly crashed himself to Bom, hugging her, and a silent tear slid down his cheek. “Bom why?” he mumbled on her neck hugging her tightly. “Jiyong.” He chose not to say anything and stayed there like that, seizing the moment while hugging her. Calming himself.

After a long minute, he let go from the hug and intently looked at her eyes but Bom looked away can’t endure the pain visible in his brown orbs. “We have shared some wonderful times in the past Bom, I don't really know what separated us. I don’t know the reason why……..” Jiyong said with a clear sadness in his voice. “I showed you that I can be the man of your dreams. My heart only yearns for you even though I felt your love fading away. Even the day you broke up with me……I already know it.”

“You knew it?” Bom’s lips trembled.

“My heart already has a massive crack even before you tried to break up with me that night….but I keep putting myself through pain and it's all because I don’t receive any word or explanation from you, you said you don’t love me anymore but it still leaving me with the big question why.” Bom hung her head low, guilt is like running down through her nerves. “I know Bom….I know your love for me is not what it was used to be but what keeps me holding on is because you’re not telling me the truth. You’re saying you don’t love me anymore but I want to know why….. Even though it kills me, I want to hear it from you….. Because I know in that way I can possibly let go without any questions in mind.” He honestly said. “Bom…. I knew you stop seeing the guy when you came back to me after we broke up.”

“You knew about him?” Bom cracked up.

“I don’t have the courage to know his name, because if I do you’re going to find him not breathing anymore.”

Bom gasped.

“Of course I stop myself for doing that. I thought you’re just confused and having a hard time to think about the right thing to do that time…..Because the fact that you gave me the second chance to be with you again expect me to see that everything will be okay. That you don’t mean to cheat on me. So I grabbed the chance to be with you again but……………" he looked down. "……..this past few weeks my heart felt uncertainty again……….and I was right…..you’re seeing the person once more.”

Bom looked at him horrified. She doesn’t know what to say. All this time Jiyong knows that she was cheating on him.

“I hate you for not telling me the truth Bom but I hate myself more to believe in your lies.”

“Jiyong." Bom uttered her tears streamed down her cheeks. "I lied but….it’s because telling you the truth will hurt you more.” she placed her right hand to his left shoulder.

“You hesitate to stab me with a truth, but you should know that lies are the sharper sword.”

“I’m sorry.” Bom cried gripping his shirt tightly. “I’m sorry Jiyong. I loved you. I didn’t expect myself to do this to you. You love me but I returned you heartaches instead. I’m sorry. I tried to stop my feelings but it didn’t listen to me. I hate myself.” and she buried her head in her hands out of shame. “I don’t have the intention to hurt you believe me. You’re the best guy I have ever met Jiyong but things just fall out of place. Jiyong I’m sorry. I’m so stupid. I know I’m so stupid.”

His sensitivity towards her hits him again, he can’t endure see her crying because it breaks his heart. That's his problem, he can't stay mad at her. He always ends up forgiving. Jiyong held her chin up and wiped her tears using his thumb. “Don’t cry Park Bom. Don’t cry because of me. Crying because of me felt like I have the lowest life form in the universe already. ” He said sincerely. “Don’t cry.”

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry Jiyong.”

Jiyong nodded staring at her eyes. And in her eyes he found guilt again the eyes that always hunt him everytime he stared at her all this time. He was about to hate her because he knows that she has somebody else but he hates himself more because despite of being cheated by the girl that meant the world to him, he still loves her. And that love over powered his hate.

He took a deep breath and caressed her wet cheek once more, he then stepped backward while still eyes on hers, and he gave her a smile. “Let say goodbye with a smile Bom but I think I still deserve an explanation. I want to know what pushed you cheat on me besides giving you all my love. I want to know what I have done wrong that made you do this to me." Bom looked down in guilt. "Please talk to me when you're ready.” He lastly said…………….and walked away.

Letting go wasn't the hardest part, still loving her afterwards was. If you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate. Inhale love. Exhale hate. Heartbreaks are painful it’s like squeezing grains of sand in your palm. And it hurts a lot more when you feel helpless but we can’t win it all and you’ll just have to accept it.

____________________

After knowing that Kwon Jiyong was the person who got the love of his life pregnant, Donghae was having a hard time to absorb, accept and move on from the situation. Though he doesn’t want Dara to see him like this again he can’t do anything because he was hurt……again.

_______________

Dara can’t sleep. As usual. But tonight, she was puzzled not about her father but about Kwon Jiyong. He never calls or talk to her since the day they came back to Seoul and she was wondering why. Dara stared at her phone. She was planning to call Jiyong to talk to him and ask him something even though she doesn’t know what that something is.

She took a deep sighed. She remembered the thing that Jiyong told her at Jeju. Abortion. Is that really the only way they can do now? The baby will make everything worst of course. Her father will be the first one who does not going to like it and because she had it by accident it will make everything more complicated. She’s engaged and he has a girlfriend. She shriveled her hair in frustration.

After thinking for a long time she pressed call. She waited that he’ll answer his phone but no answer. She tried to call him again and again and again but in the end no answer from him. It’s already 3 in the morning when she finally closed her eyes and fell asleep still holding her phone in her hand.

_________________

Meeting parents in law for the first time is every lover’s nightmare. It is nerve wracking, and the pressure to please and make a great first impression can make for some excruciating moments.

But Dara is different. She was calm and didn’t even bother to get nervous at this moment. Dara wore a simple dress than runs below her knees, light make up and a neat pony tailed hair. Seunghyun fetch her with his car at around six. When they arrived at Choi residence Mr. & Mrs. Choi greeted Dara enthusiastically.

“I’d like you to meet my parents.” Seunghyun introduced her.

"Annyeong Haseyo Mr. & Mrs. Choi." Dara greeted his parents.

"Dara." Mrs. Choi welcomed her by giving her a soft hug. "I’m glad you're finally here. We didn’t get a chance to talk to you during your engagement day because I think it’s your moment with our son.”

Dara just nodded and smiled.

“Come! We’ve prepared dinner for you.” Mr. Choi invited.

They are all at the dining area. Mr. Choi sat at the center facing the rectangular dining table while Mrs. Choi was in his right side, Seunghyun was in the left and Dara was sitting next to him.

"How you're doing dear?" Mrs. Choi asked while the maid was serving the appetizer.

"Fine Mrs. Choi." Dara answered. “Busy with the business project.”

“That’s great.” She remarked and looked at her son.

"By the way how’s our Seunghyun as fiancé?" the lady asked zealously.

Dara glanced at Seunghyun first and said. “He’s okay.” His parents waited for more answers but Dara just stop there. The two adults looked at each other and got worried.

“Anyways your father has something to say to you Seunghyun.” Mrs. Choi said.

Seunghyun turned to his father. “About what Dad?”

“About the business project. Since Dara was the one who’s in charge for the Choi and Park project representing her Dad, I think it is a good idea to make you handle this project as well to be our company’s representative. We understand that you two are still adjusting to each other so we think that working together will make a way. I already discussed and concurred about this already with Mr. Park and you can actually start working together as soon as possible.” Mr. Choi said condescendingly.

Seunghyun and Dara’s face went slack. They just stared at Mr. Kwon with no words coming out from their mouths.

"Working together might get you closer and will make you get ready on your wedding day. We’re not that heartless to just send you to church and get married without knowing each other first so we pushed the wedding and it will be happening 3 months from now."

“What if after 3 months of working together we still don’t like each other?” Their son asked unexpectedly for them.

“The wedding still continues. Sometimes loving someone takes time.” His Dad answered.

“What if loving each other will never happen in our case?”

“That is completely impossible. You know your mom and I was also a product of this kind of marriage. Our parents forced us to marry each other and it took us a year to learn love and we’re happy.”

“But you should know that not all the people are the same as you two.”

“Stop Seunghyun you’re talking non-sense already.” His mom interfered.

"But Mom, Dad………. I’m not doing the weeding." Seunghyun finally said. Dara hid a small smile in her face.

“What are you saying Seunghyun?” His mom looked at him horrified.

"I’m not marrying Dara."

"Seunghyun! How can you talk like that in front of your fiancée?! Have some manners!!"

"Dara was the one who pushed me to say what’s on my mind. I’m not letting you control me this time. Marrying someone I don’t love is already too much. Dad, Mom please just this one, forgive me, let me fight for what I want, this time let me do what I want for myself.”

“Seunghyun this is non-sense! You’re going to marry Dara!”

“I changed my mind!” Mr. Choi yelled. “Your wedding is next month!”

“Dad!” But the two adults left the room already not letting their child to say anything anymore. Seunghyun slump his shoulders.

“I believe your parents have loosened screws on their head.” Dara uttered.

“Why didn’t you help me explaining to them a while ago? You should have at least back up me there.” He complained.

“Don’t you know it’s more rewarding once you won what you’re fighting for in your own?”

He hissed. “So what are we going to do now?”

“Convince them more. What you did is not enough.”

“Knowing my parents………this is going to be a tough fight.”

“Good luck.” She cheered.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UH-OH! 

I love comments. Kamsa yeorubun!!