CHAPTER 12: SUPPORT

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

“Seungri, Korean Airways Building.” Jiyong told the driver, named Seungri who attentively responded to his boss. Dara hurriedly looked at Jiyong in shocked after hearing to where they are heading. “W-What did you say? Where are we going?” She asked in a low trembling voice, looking at him in wide eyes.

“At your former work place.” He said expressionlessly. The car starts to move off.

“What?!....No…I’m not going.” Dara said in panic, shaking her head.

"I have a meeting there and I need a secretary. It’s your job.” Jiyong simply said his eyes are looking straight on the road, not glancing at her. His deadpan face is what Dara find annoying. "Mr. Kwon you know I can’t go there." she asserted.

“And why?” He cocked his head like he really didn’t know the reason.

Dara glared at him. “That place….” Her voice slightly raised but she stops and took a deep breath instead. “………no I really can’t.” Her shoulders went limply.

“Of course you can.” He exhorted like it’s not a big deal.

“No I can’t!”

“Ms. Park we’re going there for work.”

“But…..”

“Everything will be okay. Don’t worry.” He said to her in assurance. He stared at her eyes for a moment but eventually looked away and turned his head and looked out at the window of the car.

Dara bit her lip. Don’t’ worry? Jiyong you can’t save me from the eyes of those people that the life was almost ruined because of me and my father’s failure. People there almost lost their job because of us. How dare you say don’t worry! Dara wanted to voice it out but she shut instead along the drive. She felt her energy drained after knowing where they are going. Jiyong was sitting beside her relax and calm very opposite to what Dara was feeling. She was anxious………….nervous even. That place is what she never wanted to visit anymore. It’s terrifying and haunted for her now. The memories of her mother, her father, and the people who trusted them are attached on that place. The worst is, she doesn’t know what the people there feel about her. Hatred? Loath? They broke their trust and left them hanging, almost lost their job, their source of living. So maybe some of them would want to kill her. Who knows? Everything can happen.

They arrived at the building already and her heart beats faster. She’s nervous, she’s scared. Jiyong opened the car's door but before climbing out he glanced back at her and said “Ms. Park don’t worry. I will not let anything happen to you here.”

She stared at his eyes and a glint of security appeared from it. She wondered about that but doubts it later. So Dara pushed it on the side, thinking she just mistakenly saw it from his eyes. “But I feel like someone will shoot me once I get out from this car.” She said in a low, anxious voice instead.

“Ms. Park for your info everything is okay here now.” He irked. “Trust me. I will not bring you here if it is dangerous. Now let’s go I don’t want to be late in the meeting.”

“But…”

“No more buts Ms. Park. Now let's go!” He holds her wrist and pulled her out of the car.

She was sweating hard due to nervousness while Jiyong tugging her along behind him. “Wait.” She stops from walking, making Jiyong stop too. “What?” He asked quite irritated.

Dara looked at herself and glanced back at him. “What do I look like?” she blurted out.

Jiyong raised his eyebrow not getting why she’s asking that kind of question.

“Do I look okay? Or Do I look sick?” She shyly muttered still eyes on Jiyong waiting for his reply.

“You look……….…” He stared at her. “……….….sick.” He honestly replied.

Dara nodded, disappointed at herself. She hung her head low and wanted to cry because this is not want she wants. She hides herself to everyone who knew her for a long time to avoid them seeing her like this. She doesn’t want everyone look at her pitifully. She doesn’t want to see those eyes diminishing her, afraid that it will reduce her to the least of what she can be already.

“One reason I don’t want to come here is because I look like this.” She muttered. “I really can’t go there.”

Jiyong sighed and looked at her for a moment “I understand.” He suddenly said. “Give me the documents.” He commanded. Dara looked at him with round eyes but she still gave the documents at him. “Go back in the car. I’ll do this myself.” he turned around and walked away from her.

She was stunned while watching his back away from her place. She then suddenly felt guilty about it. The thought that she’s duty on work here instantly crashed her mind. She bit her lip while confusion hits her. “Mr. Kwon!” She unexpectedly called out. Oh why I called him? She asked herself, wanted to break her own skull for calling him back. You’re safe now! You can go back in the car Dara! She scolds herself.

He turned his head and looked back at her again, giving her a questioning face.

Dara tried to open but nothing came out. “What?!” He asked impatiently waiting for her reason for calling him back.

“I…..I am going.” She said in a very low voice that Jiyong almost failed to hear. “What?” He asked again, he wanted to make sure he heard it right. He then started to walk back towards her direction. “What did you say?”

“I’m going with you.” She said it but felt regret after. She hates her conscience and !

He smirked and gave back to her the documents. “Brave girl.” He murmured. “I’ll give you a minute to fix yourself. I’ll wait you at the lobby.” He simply said and left. Dara immediately went to the restroom and wash her face and damp it with a tissue, luckily someone let her borrowed a powder at the girl’s restroom. She stared at herself in the mirror and fixed her blazer’s button to cover her little swollen belly. She let her hair down and combed it with her fingers on the side. She bit her pale lips to give it a color too, it might help lessen her paleness.

Later on, Dara went to the lobby and that’s the time she started to feel nervous again. She felt like someone’s hand clawing up and choking her. She walked and walked trying to ignore people around her until she reached Kwon Jiyong who was waiting for her at the lobby of the building. He glanced at her and gave her a nod, telling her that she looks a little okay now. He walked ahead and she followed. As much as Dara wants to ignore, the stares are digging out her soul. She started walking with trembling knees when they are halfway to the elevator. Dara trailed behind Kwon Jiyong hiding herself from the sharp gaze coming from the people around, coming from the people who work for her father before. She feels with those eyes sticking on her, it’s worse than the stares of the people in Kwon Jiyong’s company. And when she heard the gasps for recognizing her, she wants to run away but her feet won’t obey her. She wanted to cry, regretting that she still go with him. Murmurs filled her ears and it’s like a noise in her head that’s driving her crazy. But she can’t do anything except to hung her head low and hide herself from him, behind Kwon Jiyong.

They were assisted at the conference room at the 18th floor of the building. When they entered, there are already three people inside. "Dara?" Donghae mouth drops open. His eyes bulged out from its sockets seeing the girl he keeps finding after a long time. He immediately stood up from his seat and stride forward and hugged her, tightly. "Dara. Oh my god. You’re here." He let out from the hug and looked at her, he caressed her cheeks. "I miss you." a tear escaped from his longing eyes and he hugged her once again. “Donghae….let go. There are people here.” This time Dara struggled, more concerned on the people’s reaction inside the conference room.

He frees her and warily asked. “Where have you been?” He looked at her pale face, arms, feet, and her tummy which he noticed that was purposely hidden behind the blazers. Donghae balled his hand into fist. She looks horrible. He gaped. “What happened to you? You lose weight. You’re lying when you said you’re okay.” Anger is evident in Donghae’s voice.

Dara didn’t answer him and just looked down. A moment later someone entered the room. It’s Mr. Yang, who obviously got shocked when he saw Dara in front of him. He looks like he just seen a ghost. He recovered when Dara showed him a small weak smile, he then felt that he misses the girl.

Suddenly, Kwon Jiyong pulled Dara out of Donghae’s side and the latter glared at him. But Jiyong ignored it and let Dara sit beside him and said. “Let’s start the meeting.”

Everyone took their respective seats. Donghae took the seat in front of Dara adjacent to Mr. Yang who’s beside him are two new faces, which came out to be Mr. Lee and Mr. Choi’s representatives but they assured that Mr. Lee and Mr. Choi will be present on the next conference.

The meeting is about the Hotel Casino Project in Jeju. A merging project between Korean Airways under Lee So Man and Gold Hotel of the Choi family. It went well except for Dara who bitterly listen to the topic they all discussed. It’s making her uncomfortable, because talking about the former project that she was handling before is a face slap for her that it’s not under her name anymore. All she could do the whole meeting is to listen and take down notes for Mr. Kwon’s reference. On the second half of the meeting, Kwon Jiyong lead, he talks about the timeline of construction and the delivery of materials to the site. Actually nothing changed. What planned before were still the plans now. So it’s easy to cope up on the conversation for Dara. Maybe one of the reasons why Mr. Kwon chose her to join and be his secretary because there’s a lot of information to absorb about this big project.

After the meeting, Donghae called Kwon Jiyong giving him a dark look. So the only people left at the conference room were Donghae, Jiyong, and Dara. A moment later, something landed on Kwon Jiyong’s damn beautiful face. She gasped while Jiyong stumbled on the floor and winced in pain. He looked up dizzily and found out Donghae just hit him in his face. Jiyong wiped his lips, it’s bleeding. "So you’re lying to me huh?” Donghae scowled at him defiantly. “You said you don’t know where she is.”

“Donghae! What are you doing?” Dara’s eyes grew wide.

“That guy keeps telling me he doesn’t know where you are…” He pointed at Kwon Jiyong. “…..and then suddenly I’m going to see him with you? Dara he’s hiding you from me all this time.” Donghae barked, and his eyes are flaring.

“He’s not hiding me!”

“Oh don’t fool me.”

“Donghae he doesn’t know!” She groaned. “Like you he doesn’t know where I am either. I choose to hide from you, from everyone.” Dara fiery explained.

Donghae shook his head, unbelievably. “So you’re working with him now?” he asked, now in a low voice.

She nodded in response. “I applied in his company.”

Jiyong dusted his pants after standing up from the floor. He glared at Donghae. “You owe me this one.” He said in gritted teeth and left the room without other words.

“Mr. Kwon!” Dara called but he already shut the door closed and left. “I have to go now.” Dara said to Donghae but he stopped her. “Wait. I want to talk to you.”

“I’m with Mr. Kwon. I don’t want to be left here.” Dara muttered.

“I’m going to drive you home.” Donghae offered but Dara’s eyes are clearly saying no so he pleads. “Please? Give me a chance to talk to you now. Please.” He begs and his pleading expression implored through her.

Dara firmly closed her eyes and sighed. “Okay………but please give me a moment to call and inform Mr. Kwon first.” Donghae’s face brightened and quickly nodded at her, letting her to talk to Jiyong for a while.

But Dara realized that she don’t have her phone with her because they were in a hurry a while ago so Donghae lend his phone out and let Dara use it but Kwon Jiyong’s phone only rings. He's not answering. Dara pouted and she thought of texting him instead. She start typing a message for Kwon Jiyong, telling him that she’s going to have a talk with Donghae now, which he doesn’t need to wait because she can’t come for a ride with him because she thinks it’s going to be a long talk, that it’s okay if he’ll go already and not wait. She frowned and read what she type again and she unconsciously hit the send button. She then realized that the message sounds ‘assuming’. That she’s expecting that he’s going to wait! Damn. Her eyes goes round as she stared at the phone screen. “Are you done?” Donghae asked and Dara could only blink at him. Worried about how Kwon Jiyong will take the message. “Can we talk now?” He can’t really hide how much he wants to talk to Dara now. “Come, let’s take our sit.” He invited her and Dara followed him, trying to push on the side the message she just sent, it’s time to talk to Donghae now.

They are still inside the conference room and only the two of them left there. Dara took the chair beside him and sat there nonchalantly.

"You should've looked for me not him." He murmured, starting the conversation. “You look ill. He’s obviously not taking care of you.” He disappointedly and angrily said.

“This is my fault.” Dara replied in a low voice, defending Kwon Jiyong.

Donghae glared at her. “He’s the father of that child Dara …..And I can’t see him putting effort for taking that as his responsibility and…….”

“It’s my choice.” Dara cutted his sentence.

“You’re lying.” Donghae counterpart.

“I’m not." she sternly said. "I hide from you, I hide from Kwon Jiyong too, and to everyone. Jiyong and I just met again three days ago. So it’s my fault Donghae. Don’t……..blame him.” She explained and then Donghae tried to be pleased about it.

She hides herself to everyone to avoid seeing how pitiful she was in front of many people, especially to the eyes of the people she knew and at the same time she was scared to the people who hated her and her father for what they have done. Donghae eagerly, vigorously asked another questions and Dara exasperatedly answered them. Until, she told him everything, about what happened after the termination of the contract, the reason of hiding, of avoiding everyone, how she survive alone leaving at the haunted house, how she start working with Kwon Jiyong, their agreement and such. Donghae gaped at her after hearing about the agreement but he wait for her to finish and listen. And Dara told him not to tell everyone about the identity of her baby…… that’s the time Donghae reacted.

“He’s a bastard.” He voiced out. “He told you not to tell to everyone?!! What the is he thinking?! He’s going to hide you?!! Why he’s doing this to you!? I can’t let this happen Dara….I will kill him!” he unstoppably said.

Dara pressed her lips into a hard line and hold his arm, telling him to calm down. “Please understand.” She murmured.

“He deserved my punch a while ago and I don’t regret it.” He intently said and Dara let out little chuckles and Donghae looked at her in perplexed. “Thank you Donghae.” She said out of nowhere. He just stared at her for a moment, thinking.

“Dara why?” he then blurted out.

She smiled. “Thank you for the concern….and sorry for telling you this…thinking you knew about the baby’s identity. I need to stop you from telling this to other people because that was what we have agreed. Sorry, I hope you’ll do it……...at least for me.”

Donghae raked his hair with his fingers. “Dara I don’t understand why you agree with this. Hiding the baby?! Don’t tell to anyone?!” He hissed. “That shows he's a plain bastard!!”

“He will give financial support.” Dara informed.

“Still a ing bastard!!” he groaned, he’s so angry that he wanted to punch Kwon Jiyong face again but when Dara touched his hand he calmed down. “Donghae….”

He holds her hand that touched his arms and caressed it. “Stay away from him Dara.” He said straightforwardly not requesting.

She shook her head. “I can’t……..Not now.”

“Why?”

“He’s the only one I think who can help me now. When I’m looking for work every company rejected me….so I have no choice but run into him and seek help.”

“But why him? Out of all the people you know I’m here….I’m always here.” she didn’t response. “Dara…..why do you think I can't help you.”

“Donghae I know you can….I just don’t want you to get involve to this.”

“I don’t understand.” He frustratedly closed his eyes.

“I don’t want to be a burden to you Donghae.” she justly said.

“You know you won’t burden me at all.”

“Donghae….You’re my friend.” A sting of pain inflicted in Donghae after hearing it from her once again. “This is not your responsibility.” She continued.

“But I want it to be my responsibility.” He seriously, intently said.

Dara stared at him. She knows where this conversation is going. She pressed her lips into a hard line. “It’s enough for me that Kwon Jiyong is supporting financially. I don’t need anything from him but that kind of support. Hiding the baby that it’s not his is okay with me. I don’t care if he won’t accept this as his because no one wanted this to happen. It’s an accident that no one should be blame.”

Donghae shook his head unconvinced. “It’s okay with you?” He asked wearily.

“Yes. It’s okay with me.” She answered.

“But Dara……have you ever thought that if it’s okay for the baby?” She stiffened and just stared at him. “Once the baby came out and grew up, what will you tell him?” he continued.

“Him? How do you know it’s a boy?” She asked, stunned.

He rolled his eyes. “I’m just assuming.”

Dara smiled mirthlessly and let a deep sighed after. “Honestly, haven’t thought about that. I decide things without…… him…… at the picture.” She touched her belly and it smoothly. Calling it ‘him’ gives her chills in her spine. “I guess I will just face whatever the results of my decisions in the future no matter what.” She continued.

Donghae eyed her in full concern. He caressed her knuckles with his thumbs. “I’m always here Dara. Don’t forget that. Okay?” That’s the only thing he can say for now. As much as he wants to insist for taking the responsibility for the baby, he does know Dara well, she's not going to change her decision in an instant, she's not going to give up with everything she does, and she's going to stand on her own with her decisions. He almost forgot that the girl he loves is such a strong girl. She already had been through a lot. He can be confident with that right? Maybe. But now, he knows that the only thing he can do is to wait silently behind her and will just catch her if ever she falls.

She smiled at him thankfully for understanding. “By the way, can I get your phone number now?" he asked, trying his luck again to get her number. “Please?” he showed her his pleading round eyes with long flickering lashes. Dara gawked at Donghae’s endeavored dash.

“Okay…..” she forcefully blurted out. His face lights up at her. “….but in one condition.” She continued and he pursed his lips and waited. “Don’t text me all the time. If you do, I will change my number.” she warned.

“Is it okay if I’ll send you message five times a week?” he asked, hoping she would agree. Dara drops and slaps his arm. “That’s too much!”

“How about three times a week?” He offered still praying inside for Dara to agree.

“No.” She shortly said.

“Two?” He gaped at her. “Only two?”

“No. Once a week.”

“What?” His jaw dropped on the floor, bigtime. “That’s unfair.” He complained.

“That’s my condition. If you don’t agree say bye bye to my number.”

“Waaaaah Sandara Park. I can’t believe you really hate me that much.”

“I don’t hate you. I just don’t welcome disruptions for now.”

“So I’m a destruction for you?” he grins.

“I said disruption not destruction!” Dara scowled at him.

“Okay fine! Deal! Once a week would do!” He growled in defeat. Dara chuckled at his reaction. “I miss that sound.” He suddenly uttered, Dara stop her chuckles and looked at him in baffled. “I just wish I can always make you sound like that.” Donghae sincerely said, looking at her intently but Dara looked away. “Where’s your phone?” She swiftly changed the topic.

“Here.” He hand it to her. Dara check something and find her registered name on the phone. “What’s my name here?” She asked in frustration that she can’t find her name in his phone. “Sweetheart.” He said. Dara gave him a dark looked but he just shrugged.

“It’s still my number. I never change it.” She revealed.

“What? But it can’t be contact for weeks” He remarked.

“I just open the line three days ago.” Donghae looked at her in disbelief. Why he didn’t try to call that number again these past few days? He regrets it big-time!

“Once a week, okay?” she reminded him while disregarding his astonishment about her phone number. Donghae nodded forcefully. This will not happen if he tried to contact her number again. Urghhhh stupid.

Before Dara left the building, Mr. Yang fatherly hugged her who waited outside the conference room. He misses Dara who he mentored for a long time. He told her that that the people she works with before at the marketing department wants to see her and they are waiting at the floor of her former department but she refuse to meet them today and choose to leave. She’s still not ready to face and to talk with them right now but she felt happy that some people inside her former company still care for her. Jiyong was right everything here is now okay. Maybe that’s his reason why he brought her here. To witness how things here back in its place already.

Donghae led her to his car at the parking lot to drive her home but surprisingly Dara saw Jiyong’s car was still there. Dara’s eyes grew wide. Oh my! He didn’t receive the message? She’s afraid to think that he’s still waiting there. She’s doomed. But she chose to ignore it, acting that she didn’t saw the car in her way. She asked Donghae to where his car was and he pointed at the car two blocks away from Kwon Jiyong’s car. Dara stiffened when the front seat door of Jiyong’s car opened. Seungri came out and walked towards them. “Ms. Park….” Seungri said. “Mr. Kwon went off already but he told me to wait and drive you home.” He informed her.

Dara doesn’t know but she felt disappointed by the thought that he's not there anymore. What? You should be relieved that he's not there anymore! She rebuked at herself.

“Thank you….. Seungri” She acknowledged him. “…..but I’ll be riding my friend’s car instead.” Dara apologetically said. “You can go now. I’m sorry for letting you wait.”

“Are you sure Ms. Park?” Seungri worriedly asked.

“You sound that I’m going to hurt Dara and will let anything happen to her with my hands.” Donghae interfered, glaring at Seungri. Because he’s upset the way he said it.

“I’m just taking orders and that is to drive Ms. Sandara Park home safely with me.” He answered back.

“For your knowledge Mr. Seungri, I can send Ms. Sandara Park home SAFELY, and I can confidently bet with my own life with that.” Donghae assertively said, emphasizing the word ‘safely’. Dara shook her head at the two, and to end the tension between them she bid goodbye to Seungri who unwillingly and doubtfully let her leave with Donghae.

 

 

Donghae dropped Dara home. He still barely understands everything. Maybe he’s just felt disappointed with Dara who refused to ask help from him. She always disregards his presence and that hurts him. He doesn’t know what else he can do for her to accept him as a man that loves her, a man that will give everything to her. Sadness succumb him. Will the time come she will be his?

"Thanks Donghae. Keep Safe." she uttered right after the car parked in front of her house. She then climbed out from his car and said “Bye.” She waved her hand at him and he nodded in response. Donghae then realized he’s such a stupid human being. Dara was just staying in her old house and didn’t change her number all this time but still…….he can’t find her. Stupid Fool! He scolds himself.

Dara watch Donghae’s car leave until it vanish from her sight. She entered her house and about to change clothes when her phone rang. She looked at the caller first. It’s Mr. Kwon.

Dara hit the answer button and sat on the edge of her bed. "Hello."

"You refuse Seungri to drive you home." He said with a deep raspy voice. Is that a question? Why he sounds angry?

"Well……” She was flustered by his tone. “D-Donghae did it for me. He sent me home."

"I thought you don’t want him to know where you stay."

“Well….” She paused and sighed. “He’s so persistent and I think he needs to know about my situation and our……..agreement.” She replied with a low voice.

“What?” she heard him make a sibilant sound from the other line.

“I told him because he knows that you’re the father of this baby inside me. There’s no way to just say it if I don’t explain everything to him.” She reasoned out and she heard him sighed.

“Okay.” He murmured. “I think that’s reasonable. Just make sure he can hide a secret well.”

“Of course.” Dara said it with pride.

"Have you eaten dinner already?" he suddenly asked.

“Not yet." She answered and glad that he shifted a topic.

“What?!” He howled that made Dara put the phone away from her ear at the moment. “That guy didn’t even get you something to eat?!”

“Ahh-well…he asked…..but I said no.” She stuttered, confused by his reaction. Why is he shouting? And there’s a long pause over the line. Dara waited until he talks again.

"You have the card already right?" He asked but now in a bland and steady voice.

"Yes. Thanks." She simply replied.

"Use it well Sandara. Please buy everything you need." He said. Please. That’s it! Dara suddenly felt it. She heard it from his voice. He’s guilty. He was eaten by his guilt towards her that’s why he’s acting like this now. “Yes. Thanks.” She said again.

“A food delivery will come there in a minute. Eat everything in there, okay?” He informed her.

“Huh?” She felt mild astonishment with what he said and suddenly a ding dong was heard that startled her. Oh that was fast.

She went out to get the food outside, still the phone on her ears because she’s not sure if she needs to hanged up already or just waits for him to do it. She gets back inside the house and went straight to the kitchen. She put the phone on the table converting it to the speaker mode so that she can hear if ever he’ll talk. She opened the box and found a delicious savory salmon steak with eggs and tomatoes on the side delectably served in front of her. She mouth watered. “I heard a drop of your saliva on the floor.” The phone suddenly talks and her face was in horror. Fool, its Kwon Jiyong talking!

Oh my! She was obviously stunned by the food in front of her because it looks lovely in her eyes. “You can eat now. Enjoy.” He said over the line and Dara can imagine that he’s smiling when he said that. “Thank you Mr. Kwon it looks delicious.”

“I know. Eat well.” And he hanged up. Then Dara swallowed hard while looking at the palatable salmon stake. She already can’t remember the last time she ate something like that before. It just felt years that she was feeding herself ramen. So she almost teared up when she had her first spoon. It was so tasty and delicious!! Thank you Mr. Kwon!! \*(^0^)*/

________

NEXT MORNING

Kwon Jiyong is not around the office. He’s having an outdoor business meeting today but Dara still had a very busy long day. Arranging Mr. Kwon’s appointments, answering phone calls, taking messages, filing, managing databases, coordinating mail-shots ect. In short she’s work overload. She didn’t even get a chance to eat at the cafeteria but she was happy about it because with that she can avoid those jealous freaks stares. So she just called for food delivery instead and she ordered her favorite pasta and a yogurt for desert.

In the afternoon she received a phone call from Mr. Kwon.

"Ms. Park."

"Yes Mr. Kwon?" she amiably answered.

"Please find the documents attached on your email from Mr. Chen. Print it out and bring it with you here at Andhere café. I need it now. Seungri will drive you here." He said.

"Yes, Mr. Kwon." Dara obliged immediately and he hanged up. After downloading the files she swift off to the printer machine and get the printed documents. She then filed it with a white neat folder. She went down to the parking area and found Seungri there already waiting.

“Hello.” She greeted and Seungri nodded in response. When they arrived at the place, Seungri dropped Dara in front of the café first before finding a park area for the car. Dara entered the café and looked for Mr. Kwon. She found him talking to two guys wearing business attires at the corner table of the café but the guys are both back facing at her direction. She walked towards them and waved to Jiyong. And when she caught his eyes, she noticed that Jiyong said something to the business men first before standing up to meet her in her way.

“Where are the documents?” He asked right away when they met at the center of the cafe. "Here." She hand him the folder. “Good." he checked the documents first and said. "For the meantime stay there.” He gestured at the empty table near the entrance door. Dara nodded and said "okay."

Jiyong went back to his meeting while Dara walked to have her sit on the table near the entrance door. She sat at the soft & comfy café chair and ordered a latte. Oh she missed that taste so much.

While savoring the smell and the flavor of her latte, she watched Jiyong talked in his meeting. He looks intelligent, alert and charismatic. He’s very young businessman and you can really see the passion he has for his work, he possessed power and determination and that is his sword for his success. He’s the man who looks like he always do the right things. Very Impeccable. Faultless. An Error-free man. Who would think he accidentally got a stranger pregnant in just one night?

The meeting last for an hour and a half, the business men handshakes Mr. Kwon before leaving. He organized the papers first, cleaned the table and walked towards Dara’s table. He shook his head when he found her already asleep. Her eyes close and her head was resting at the headrest of the chair. He took a sit opposite of Dara across the table. He looked at her but his brows suddenly curled. Her face is so pale and got thinner compared from the first time he met her. Her dry lips are partly open and he felt glad to see that she's normally breathing in her sleep, deep and relaxed. It’s amusing to see that her long lashes are brushing her cheeks. Her brows are well trimmed that really fits to her small face though he guessed its natural, thinking the girl has no time to trim her own brows by now. And unknowingly, a smile creeps on Jiyong’s lips. He finds innocence on her sleeping face, it’s so peaceful and serene like it can block out the dangers of the outside. It looks like the time stands still for her, blocking out the horror and pain she lived out each and everyday.

A moment later, her eyes flushed open and it blinks many times towards him and that’s the time Jiyong realized himself that he’s unconsciously watching her sleep. He quickly looked away confused on what just happened. He felt lost for a moment and just came back his senses just now. It’s weird.

Dara looked at him with sleepy eyes. “Your meeting finished already?” She asked and wiped her lips with the back of her hand.

“Yes.” He simply replied still eyes not meeting hers. Dara tilted her head at him. “Is there something wrong Mr. Kwon?”

“Huh?” He glanced at her and raised his eyebrow but Dara just blinked at him waiting for his answer.

“Mr. Kwon?”

“Let’s go.” He just said and stood up, swiftly went out from the café.

She was confused by his action. What’s wrong?

She then followed him. She gets the documents that placed at the table and carry it with her and strides outside. She saw the car waiting and ready to go. She immediately climbed in inside. She smiled at Seungri first and stole a glanced to Mr. Kwon who was just steadily sitting there, cool and calm. She placed the documents between them and the car started to moved off.

"How's your meeting Mr. Kwon?" she asked.

"Went well." he shortly replied.

"By the way, JYP Company emailed us today about the proposal you've submit with them."

"What it says?"

"They are requesting to give them a week to furnish the plans. They are probably having a problem with their budget."

"Okay." he shortly replied again. “I’ll handle that.”

"And the delivery of the materials from Japan was scheduled next week also."

"Good."

"And Mr. Yang from Korean Airways was requesting for an appointment tomorrow, anytime of the day. What time would you like to schedule him Mr. Kwon."

"Make it in the afternoon." he said.

Dara put everything in her tablet for a reminder. After a while Dara noticed that their way changed. "Mr. Kwon, where are we going? This is not the way to office."

Kwon Jiyong raised his brow at her "Check the time Ms. Park." he pointed at his wrist watch.

It’s already 6:30 in the evening. Meaning office hours ended already. So where are they heading?

"Uhm....so where are we going Mr. Kwon?" she curiously questioned.

But he stayed silent. Dara glanced at Seungri. “Where?” but the guy shrugged at her. She frowned. “Mr. Kwon you can drop me at the bus station. I’ll just commute.” She said but no one stirred. “Mr. Kwon?” she looked at him but he’s expressionless.

Dara don’t know what to feel. It’s strange. Why they are not answering her?

She then felt worried. It is because they’re taking a different way…….but why? OW.EM.GEE! Her face turned ashen. She gulped. Is he planning to abandon her somewhere so that he doesn’t have any problem anymore? Is he planning to get rid of her…..and the baby? She looked at him but he stayed cool and calm on his seat.

It’s Kwon Jiyong for goodness sake! He can’t do that to you! Her mind yelled.

 “This is not the way home. I mean my way home. Where are we going? really?” She sound panicked and Jiyong noticed it. He looked at her in grimaced. “Mr. Kwon why are you not telling me?....Hey answer me?!.......Where are we going?”

"Oh shut up. Your mouth is noisy." He finally uttered but it just made Dara pout and bounced her back to her seat. She doesn’t know where they are heading and she felt strange about it. She can’t help but worry. He can’t kill me right? He can’t do something like that right?

After half an hour they stop in front of a building. Dara peeked outside from the window of the car. "Nona9on" was the name of the building. As far as Dara know Nona9on is a condominium. One of the famous condominiums in the city. She wondered what they are doing there. Perhaps they have a business meeting or an event to attend. But why he’s not telling her anything?

Jiyong climb out to the car and Dara can only do is to follow him curiously. They entered the building.

'Woah' a reaction you can have when you enter the place. It was very sophisticated and elegant. The lobby is much bigger that she expected. The abstract paintings on each wall are the center of the attention of all. They are big and wide, almost fit into the each wall where they are attached. The smell of the place is so expensive. It is the smell she missed when she still luxuriously living before.

They went straight to the elevator and Jiyong pressed 30th floor. Dara glanced at him but as usual his face is deadpan, just looking straight at his front.

"Mr. Kwon…" she muttered. “…what are we doing here?" she’s trying her luck maybe this time he’ll talk but she failed. What’s wrong? Why is he not talking?

The elevator then stop at the 5th floor and two people entered. One guy maybe in his 30's and a school girl? She’s wearing a uniform. Dara looked at them with a frown, feeling bad about the two who just entered. And that’s it! Dara’s instinct happened! The guy wrapped his arm to the high school girl and swiftly kissed her lips. Dara’s eyes grew wide. The hell he's pedo!! She screamed at her mind looking at them disgustingly. The high school girl giggled and gives the guy a swift peck on the guy's lips too. Dara's body hair stood up and her stomach churning.

"Oh !" the 30 year old guy suddenly blurted out. "Forgot to press the floor number. Wait a second baby." he then unwrapped his arms to the girl and went to the buttons and press 29th floor. Dara watched the him and she was bothered when the pedo glanced to their side. Dara stiffened. His eyes in her. She felt uncomfortable and looked away turning her head to Jiyong side. Oh ! His eyes are disgusting! Dara shivered.

Then the pedo place himself back beside the school girl, pressing his body to hers. "I bought a dolce and gabbana shoes yesterday." the student said wrapping her both hand to his waist, hugging him. The guy brushed his nose against her. Gosh! Get a room! Dara scowled at them in her mind.

Ping. The elevator stopped in 18th floor and three business men entered. They place themselves in front. Dara then felt through her peripheral vision that the pedo guy is keep glancing at their side. Maybe to Mr. Kwon. She told herself but she can’t help it and curiously glance at the pedo and she gaped repulsively when the pedo guy winked at her. Dara acted like she’s about to vomit. Doesn’t care if it looks rude, the hell he needs to know his disgusting! But she saw him maniacally grin at her. Oh she just wants to punch that pedo face of him right now. Dara turned her head to Kwon Jiyong but the guy keeps his silent. It’s so unbelievably unbelievable he didn’t notice what the pedo guy was doing. So Dara glared at him. Until the three business men in front exited to the 25th floor. The school girl keeps telling what she brought and what she wants but the pedo attention is on Dara.

Dara was horrified and stepped closer to Jiyong's side.

"Hey are you listening?" the school girl grumpily asked. Finally noticed that the pedo’s attention was shifted somewhere and not with her already. “Yes baby.” He replied seductively and kissed the young girl and what gross about it was, they are making sound while they kissed. YUCK!

And Finally! Before Dara died with suffocation because of the sickening and disgusting air around, the elevator stopped at the 29th floor. "We're here." the school girl muttered breathlessly after they kissed.

"Hell yeah." pedo responded while grinning. The girl excitedly pulled the pedo out of the elevator but before they exited the pedo whispered something but making sure that Dara heard it.

"See you soon lady." he said and wink at Dara again with a maniac grin on his face until he gets out from the elevator. Dara curled her eyebrow. "What the hell was that?" she gaped. "Did you hear that? Is he talking to you?"

"Do I look like a lady?" he said. Dara frowned at him. Jiyong finally talked! It felt like years. For goodness sake!

Ping! The elevator arrives at the 30th floor and Jiyong exited first then she followed.

"He's a pedo. Did you see that! He's kissing a school girl! Gosh!" She bleated while walking beside him.

"Don’t bother them that's their life." he said having his way to the hallway.

"Well he's living his life wrong and he's dragging the school girl down at him, ruining it."

"The girl looks happy on what she's doing."

"She's happy for now. It’s obvious that the pedo is just using her."

Jiyong shook his head and suddenly stop in front of the door number 3008. He swiped his key card and entered the room when it opened. Dara stood still, confused. She didn’t follow him inside. After seconds Jiyong returned peeking at her.

"What the hell are you still doing there?" he said. "Come on in."

"Why?" she asked with raspy voice.

He rolled his eyes and said. "I’m going to have with you here."

"What?!!" Dara shouted in horror. She stepped her left foot back. Staring at the serious face of Kwon Jiyong and instantly dries. Is he serious?

He shook his head and then grabbed her wrist and pulled her inside the room. He just frees her hand when they are already inside and locked the door behind him. Dara was speechless. She froze and cannot move an inch. Running is a choice but her unfaithful feet don’t obey her. The horror in her face never vanished.

Jiyong rolled his eyes once again. "Oh please! Wipe that kind of reaction on your face." he irritatingly said and walked passed by her leaving her unmoving. "Do you think I’m going to do that mistake for the second time again?" he muttered while removing his suit and put it on the modern coat stand. "Ms. Park…. that will not ever happen again. Remember that." he seriously said staring back at her.

"T-that's good to hear." she stammered.

Jiyong then entered the kitchen area to get a something. He went back to Dara and hand her a glass of water.

“Drink.” He said. Dara shyly get the glass of water from his hand and drink it.

"Uhm ….Can I know now why we are here?" she asked, still curious. Jiyong sat on the couch and said. "This unit is mine……..and from now on this is where you're going to stay."

Dara's eyes grew wide. "What?"

"Your house is too big for you and living there alone and pregnant is not a good idea."

"Mr. Kwon…." she wearily murmured. She can’t believe it. She looked down at the floor and a sudden blush appeared on her cheeks and it doesn’t escape Jiyong's eyes. "What are you thinking Ms. Park?" he cocked his head at her, wondering the reason behind those blush.

"You said about us should be secret…" she shyly said.

"Yes." he replied wrinkling his forehead.

"But why are you doing this?"

"Huh?...........For support." he said with 'isn’t it obvious’ tone.

"Your support should not reach below the line Mr. Kwon." She continued.

"What the hell are you saying Ms. Park?"

"No I can’t do this.” She said, shaking her head.

“What?” Jiyong looked at her in perplexed.

“I can’t live in with you.” She said and Kwon Jiyong’s eyes goes round and wider.

“What the ?”

“Aren’t we going to live in?" She asked timidly.

Kwon Jiyong's mouth dropped open, it reached the floor gaping at her. "What?!!!!" he roared. "Is that what you're thinking? Living in?"

"Well…..y-you said it’s not good for me to live alone." she stuttered.

"I’m talking about your old house Sandara.” He fumed. “Not here! Of course you can live here alone. This place is safer than that house where you stay now. This is enough for you, only for you. Nothing more nothing less. What the hell are you thinking?! Of course we’re not going to live in. We’re not going to that and I’m not going to do that.” Dara thought he’s not going to stop to talk in frenzy.

Why is he so angry about that? He can just say it’s not what he meant or whatever without shouting at me, without being angry. Dara pouted but she then realized what she thought a while ago is so embarrassing! Her face color drained in no time! She assumed that they’re going to live together. Oh my! She wanted to run in the bathroom and hide herself there. How stupid she was to think about that…..about living together! That was embarrassing!

"I can’t believe it crosses your mind." he shook his head once again, now calmer. "Anyways, I stock foods in your fridge. Make sure you consume them. I don’t want any food to be wasted. Understand?"

Dara nodded.

"Your things will be transferred here tomorrow. Seungri will take care of that. Give me the keys of that old house." he opens his palm towards her.

Dara gets the key to her bag and placed it to his open palm. "After work I will drive you there to get some things you want to still bring here with you."

"Okay." She said and yawned.

"Sleepy?"

She nodded.

“Good. Now it’s time for me to go. You can sleep here now."

She nodded again.

"There is a pajama in the closet. Changed before you sleep." he said getting his suit at the coat stand and wear it back.

"Thanks." Dara murmured.

"I'll go now."

"Take care." she said lastly and he closed the door.

Dara roamed her eyes around. Everything is in white theme, it’s airy, light, and tranquil, it is safe and secluded, a very special place to call home. She sighed and a sudden smile appeared on her lips, she felt satisfied about how Jiyong putting efforts to support her. Though she still doesn’t get his character or the personality sometimes, she was still thankful for the support. This is what she wants, to have her life back again. So she’s not going to say no to everything he's going to give, to everything he’s going to provide.

 

Thank God it’s Friday! Dara survived working with Kwon Building and Construction Company (KBCC) and she felt fine about it. Though you can’t really erase those people that will come in your life to ruin it but at least she’s now starting her new life and she’s okay with that.

Kwon Jiyong arrived and he was walking fast towards his office. Dara greeted him but as usual no response from him was heard. At lunch Dara went to cafeteria to eat. She ordered lasagna, orange juice, and two pieces of chocolate muffins for dessert. She sat at the usual table she’s occupying at the corner of the cafeteria. She was enjoying her pasta when a bad aura came in. "Hello Ms. Park." Dara looked up and found Ms. Blondie the receptionist with two other ladies standing at side of her table.

"If you don’t mind can we join you here?" she asked. Dara looked around and saw a few empty tables. She looked back at them suspiciously. Seems they need something to her. "Okay." but she still agreed to avoid fights or whatever will happen if she refused their so friendly approach.

"How's working with Mr. Kwon?" Ms. Blondie asked right away after placing themselves opposite to Dara. I knew it! They are up for information! Dara shouted through her mind. But she still smiled at them. "He's okay." she answered.

"Ohhhhhh" they all have the same response.

"Have you ever been in this building before? Specifically before you applied?" the woman in ponytail asked very curiously. Obviously, they don’t know how to hide their excitement to gossip.

Dara shook her head and wanted to roll her eyes but she refrained but instead she just gave them a small smile and shoved a spoon of lasagna in after. They are all waiting for her answer but they didn’t hear anything and Dara has no plan to tell them something.

"I've notice you're a heavy eater." Ms. Blondie talked again while watching Dara on her food. Oh you and your blonde hair don’t know why. I’m eating for two. Dara thought.

"Do you know Ms. Park Bom?………" the other woman on the left asked. She had braces on her both upper and lower teeth that are giving her a hard time to talk normally. "……she's Mr. Kwon's girlfriend." she continued. Dara glanced at Ms. Braces with a frown.

"But do you know they broke up already?" Ms. Blondie tittle-tattled. So what?

"You obviously are gossiping your boss life here." Dara said irritated but the three girls in front of her are impatiently waiting for the words that are useful for them to come out from . "And please don’t include me in this past time of yours." Dara added. She then put down the spoon at the table and drinks her orange juice sipping it until the last drop. She then stood up and looked down at the three women. "Thank you for joining me at lunch but I think it would be better if we talk something with sense next time." and she left.

The three girls pouted and exchanged glances to each other disappointedly. Their efforts are useless. They failed to get something to talk about. Dara went straight to her desk and continued working. But something popped out on her mind and her brain processes the girls’ questions to her a while ago.

Are they thinking that she's the reason why Bom and Jiyong broke up?

Dara sighed. People and their dirty minds are always the problem of this society. No peace at all.

_______________

France (Northern Central part), Paris

"Ma’am your father called."

“What now?” she asked peevishly while glamorously walking down the mall wearing a Stella McCartney wavy fringe dress and Alexander McQueen strappy stiletto sandals.

“He said you can already fly back to Korea on Monday.” The man wearing black suit informed her. He was robotically trailing behind her struggling to carry the shopping bags with him.

She stopped and looked at him from head to toe. The guy halted and he was stiffened because her sharp sensitive eyes scanning him. “Your shoes……..” She uttered. The guy looked down to his shoes. “….Dirty.” she said with a disgusting tone. “You know I don’t want to walk with dirty people.”

“I’m sorry Ma’am it’s because it’s raining outside.” He reasoned out.

“Stay. Away.From.Me.” she said with a deadpan face.

The man in black suit gulped. And he bowed and immediately went away from her sight. The girl pursed her lips. She’s going back to Seoul after three years and she doesn’t want it. She loves this cozy city of Paris and really wants to stay there for the rest of her life but what can she do? It seems its pay back time to her father now.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Been busy this past few weeks. I hope my readers are still here ^-^v

And for my new subscribers thank you! Trying my best to update more often just for you guys.