CHAPTER 20 : I'M IN LOVE, UNEXPECTEDLY

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

 

 

“You should know that I don’t want to share what I have.” Jiyong's eyes were flaming directly into her eyes and it is somehow looks like a sign of aggression for her. “I’m selfish Dara. I’m selfish.”

 

“What do you mean?” Dara asked breathlessly. His eyes locked into hers, no signs of humor. It would help if he’d clue her into what he was thinking, because right now all she knew was what she felt. There was a fierce protectiveness of him which she doesn’t know where came from. He said he is selfish and she suddenly fears for herself. “Jiyong what do you mean?” she asked the same question once again.

 

He then ungrasps his hand to her arm and raked his finger to his hair, like he was frustrated on something. He took a deep sigh, putting his hands to both sides of his waist and glanced back at Dara again. “You better go back to work.” He suddenly said now wearing his deadpan face.

 

Dara frowned at him. “But you haven’t answered my question yet.” She was confused and she wants to be enlightened. “Yes, I said I want to understand you…and you’re about to tell me by saying you’re selfish and all but……you stop and want me to go back to work??” she suddenly sounds irritated.

 

Jiyong looked away guiltily and didn’t say anything. “But really….” Dara continued. “…to what are you selfish about Jiyong?” she looked at him straight to his eyes but he was avoiding it.

 

“Nothing.” He shortly said.

 

“No it’s not just nothing. You’re angry when you said that so there’s no way it means nothing.” Dara impelled.

 

Jiyong glanced at her. “I’m just selfish okay and I don’t…” He paused and seems he suddenly become hesitant.

 

“And you don’t what?” Dara abruptly asked. Jiyong shut his eyes and blew air over his lips. “Tell me.” Dara demanded.

 

“I don’t want you to be around people.” He said drastically and let out a sigh.

 

“Why?” Dara asked breathlessly.

 

“Because you’re pregnant.” He hardly said. “I told you I don’t want anybody to know that.”

 

Dara bit her inner cheek, because his last line was like stabbing her. That’s the root of all of this. At the very beginning she knows that it was what he wants…but why she feels hurt now?

 

“So we’re still into that agreement?” she asked in a low voice.

 

Jiyong tipped his head on the side looking at her. His eyebrows mashed. “Of course.” He said. “Why are you asking that? Are you expecting me to take back what I said before that now Bom was gone?”

 

“No.” Dara quickly answered but her lips are now dried. “I’m not expecting that you’d change your mind at all.” She said, shaking her head but it was a lie.

 

“Good to know.” He mumbled.

 

“Speaking of Bom.” Dara uttered and she wanted to hit herself with a cane.

 

Jiyong blinked at her. “What about her?”

 

“Did you finally let go of her?” She asked, very curiously. And deep inside her want a specific answer.

 

Jiyong sighed once again and shook his head. “No.” he said.

 

And there’s like an automatic pain aching sharply in Dara’s belly. She then felt scared that her baby felt the same pain as hers so she touched it for comfort.

 

“I don’t’ think I could ever let go of her.” Jiyong continued as he stared at his palm while massaging it with his other hand. “I told you I’m selfish.”

 

Dara’s eyes then widen “What do you mean by that?” he didn’t answer. “Are you trying to say that you are still going to get her back?”

 

Jiyong just gave her a small smile and he returns to his chair and took his seat.

 

“You’re absolutely crazy.” Dara muttered in horror.

 

“I know.” He said, and his eyes are burning.

 

“Then why did you still help Seunghyun and Bom?” brittles, sounding as if she was about to cry.

 

“That’s none of your business.” He answered. “Now, go back to your to desk because I’m paying you here to work for me and not to mind my personal stuffs.” He suddenly coldly uttered.

 

Dara was taken aback so she left Kwon Jiyong’s office in totally terrified state. She felt like there’s an earthquake shook her entire human being. She became dizzy and fear hit her that she’s going to collapse at any moment. She felt like crashed all of the sudden. Her knees weakened as she stood by herself inside the elevator and she noticed that her tears can’t stop from falling down. No it can’t be. She shook her head.

 

She wiped her cheeks with her cardigan, wishing the tears to stop before the elevator stops on the third floor. “What the heck is your problem Sandara Park?!” She scolds herself as she wiped her tears. “You’re so stupid. You can’t! Stop it!” she blabbered to herself. “You’re so stupid! Why are you crying?” She said and groaned in frustration. She really wanted to pull her own hair down.

 

When the elevator arrives at the third floor Dara immediately went straight to the restroom and closed herself at the cubicle at the corner. She sat at the closed bowl and started crying again. “!” she hissed. “Don’t you dare Sandara!” she crazily talked to herself as she picked tissues from the container and used it to wipe her unstoppable tears. “No! It can’t be! This is not happening.” She mumbled continuously as she was struggling to wipe her tears while clasping her tightening chest. She was confused about why she suddenly feels these aches inside her. Where it came from? What is this all about?

 

After knowing Jiyong can’t really let go of Bom and everything looks like a lie about him moving on it suddenly struck her. Her heart drop and crushed like someone was squeezing it, like your worst enemy stabbing you with a knife endlessly.

 

Dara shook her head. “No I’m not in love with him.” She blurted out. “No! I don’t love him. I can’t!” She faced palm in extreme exasperation. Blurting it out from her own mouth felt factual. Like a reality she needs to accept no matter what because that was actually the case she was into.

 

She stayed crying at the rest room for she doesn't know how long already until she heard people entered the restroom.

 

“What do you think about that Sandara Park?”

 

And she unexpectedly heard her name which obviously caught her attention. She sniffed and wiped her wet cheeks as she close her ears against the cubicle’s door.

 

“She’s a weirdo.” The girl with a thin voice answered and they giggled together.

 

“Do you think Mr. Kwon and her are in a relationship?”

 

Dara bit her lip as she was concentrating to clearly hear their voices.

 

“I’m honestly scared about that. They are so not look good together.” The one with thin voice bitterly commented and Dara unknowingly gripped the hem of her cardigan. "." Dara whispered.

 

“She seems have a big connection to Mr. Kwon that she still managed to be in here after announcing about her resigning last Monday.” She said as she gets wash from her purse.

 

“I know right.” The other agreed. “Do you think Ms. Lea was right that Mr. Kwon was just helping her?”

 

“There’s a big possibility in that. We can’t deny that that cold heart Mr. Kwon has still a touch of kindness though.” She gargled and spit the water on the sink. “According to Ms. Lea, Sandara lost everything, their wealth, business and her family, and no other companies would want to accept her because of her father who murdered someone.”

 

The other girl gasped. Dara immediately stood up from the bowl. The inclination of wanting to pull out the girl’s hair who said that her father was a murderer is so strong. Because her father never murdered someone just almost.

 

“Her father is a murderer?” the other girl asked in horror.

 

“Yes.”

 

Dara balled her hands into fist, restraining herself not to storm out from the cubicle and slap the evil mouth of the who said that her father was a murderer.

 

“Wow! That’s scary.” The other girl commented.

 

“But you know….she’s like living in a fairytale because one day Mr. Kwon came and become her prince.”

 

“Prince?” she chuckled.

 

“Well, not actually but a hero I would say. He helped her at those times she was helpless.”

 

“Well in that case she’s so lucky.”

 

“Yeah right. But really, we don’t know what their real deal is... but... I’m pretty sure they don’t have that romantic kind of relationship.” She like surely said.

 

When the two finished gossiping and left the restroom. Dara finally came out from the cubicle and stared at herself in the mirror. “Stupid.” She mumbled and stormed out from the restroom.

 

***

 

At exact six in the evening Dara left KBCC building. She was supposed to be with Seungri right now driving her but she left and chose to ride a cab instead. Her mind goes round like a roundabout. She can’t believe everything turned so much for her. She always gets into trouble. How can she deal with this soul realization that she really has feelings for Kwon Jiyong? Who was obviously don’t like her. She always making things complicated. She knows it is not right. Kwon Jiyong is in love with someone and their situation is worse than interconnecting parts and elements of the world. How can she let herself fall for him when at the very first place the guy already submits himself to someone else? Dara can’t tell where it started but if she only knew, she’d do everything to make it stop.

 

“I can’t believe you called me.” Donghae looked at her surprise. They are now in ANDHERE cafe. The place where she first met Kwon Jiyong after the night they woke up in bed together. The place where she crashed Jiyong’s motorbike and the place where she met Park Bom for the first time with Seunghyun. This place is full of his memories and she hates her feet for bringing her there.

 

“Is there something wrong?” Donghae worries, he was sitting opposite to her chair.

 

Dara shook her head, she just holding her tea cup placed in the table in front of her without drinking it. She’s been so quiet ever since Donghae came. She hasn’t uttered any single word since then. “What’s wrong? You’re making me worry Dara.” Full concern in Donghae’s voice flowed.

 

“Tell me.” He reached Dara’s hand and he felt it was actually trembling. His eyes widen looking at her. “What’s wrong?” His voice became shaky as concern skyrocketed through him.

 

But Dara just shook her head once again. “Dara tell me. You’re seriously shaking.” She shook her head again. Donghae groaned in frustration. “Is it Kwon?” He asked with now taste of anger. When Dara didn’t respond, Donghae quickly stood up. Dara looked up to him, startled.

 

“What that bastard did to you again?” he fumed, his hand balled into fist.

 

“Donghae…”

 

“Dara tell me and I will kill him.” Donghae’s face was crimson with fury.

 

“Donghae sit down please.” Dara pleaded. And that kind of voice she used was his weakness. That cause him to loosened his fist. He took a deep breath as he sat back to his chair and stared back at her in full concern. “Please tell me what happened then.” He said now calmer.

 

“I don’t know what’s happening….really…but…” She started and her voice goes shrill. “…but things are always out of the place with me and I hate it. I don’t know why I always end up like this….making things more complicated.”

 

Donghae felt unease. It feels like he got the clue already and he suddenly don’t want to hear whatever Dara was about to say but he has no choice anymore. He needs to listen.

 

“Things are changing right before my eyes and it always happen.” Dara continued. “One night I met him and we both caught up with the most unforeseen night of our lives. I didn’t expect that…that night will leave something that will connect us. We accidentally created a life inside me and neither of us wanted it to happen.” Dara hung her head low as she speaks. “But it doesn’t end there. The guy who got me pregnant is undeniably deeply madly in love with someone else and everything around him was well created with his control but slowly I’m ruining it. And I know he doesn’t want that.”

 

Donghae sighed. “Dara can you please stop worrying about that bastard and look out to yourself instead. You’re actually the one suffering the most here.”

 

“I deserve it.” Dara muttered.

 

Donghae looked at her in petrify “Dara, no you don’t. You don’t deserve to be hurt.”

 

Dara rubbed her knuckles, still holding her now cold undrink tea cup.

 

“Why are you thinking that way?” Donghae said with anger in his tone. “That kwon brain is twisted. I don’t even get why he needs to hide about you having his child.”

 

“Because he believes it is a mistake."

 

Donghae laughed but it sounds fake. “He’s a bastard.”

 

"He has his reasons.” She said.

 

“You’re defending him.” Donghae said in gritted teeth, totally annoyed. Dara close in guilt. “Tell me what are those reasons then.” He asked.

 

 “He has three reasons. First is, his parents. His ever proud parents that he doesn’t want to give disappointments. It is a big trouble when his parents finds out about him accidentally got a stranger pregnant especially if they hear when the accident happened.”

 

“I don’t think you need to suffer just to protect his image to his family Dara.” Donghae disquietedly said.

 

“Second reason..” Dara continued ignoring his momentous comment. “Bom”

 

Donghae shut his eyes firmly as he rolled his head in exasperation after hearing that name. "Dara but she's not here anymore." He frustratingly soundly said.

 

"I know but Bom has Jiyong’s heart with her.” and saying that, an intense pain occurred inside her once again. Donghae was speechless in the moment.

 

“Third..” Dara continued while she was restraining the mess in her chest to explode. “….he’s not ready to be a father yet.”

 

Donghae punched the table with his bare hand and Dara almost jump into her seat in shocked. He can’t control the anger he has anymore. If only Jiyong was there he was not going to think twice to pour punches in his face right now. He really wanted to do that and killing him is like the only way to disperse this kind of rage he was experiencing right now.

 

“Dara I want to kill him.” Donghae honestly said. He can’t bare the fact that the woman he loves is treating like this by someone else. “If that Kwon is not ready…then I’m here.” Donghae muttered desperately. “I will take the responsibility that that Kwon can’t give to you.”

 

Dara smiled at Donghae and gave him a look that is filled with gratitude. “I don’t think I can do that to you. It is too much because the responsibility is not yours. I just can’t give it as easy as that to anyone.”

 

“But Dara I’m not just anyone. I’m the man who will do everything for you even taking responsibility that is not mine. If it is for you I will do it.”

 

“No.” Dara shook her head as tears fell down to her cheeks. “You don’t understand.”

 

“Then make me understand.”

 

Dara paused. Her tears stream down to her cheeks like a waterfall. “It’s too late.” She said almost whispered.

 

Donghae furrowed his eyebrows at her and realization hit him like cold water.

 

“It’s too late Donghae…It’s too late because….”

 

“...because you already love him.” He continued her words hoarsely.

 

Dara firmly closed her eyes and nodded. She was now trapped in the situation that she can’t get out.

 

“I know I am stupid.” She said. “I’m so stubborn to stick to Jiyong to use him as my survival kit. But I unconsciously lost it and unknowingly wake up with this craziness.”

 

“Dara….”

 

“It so hard.” She said while looking straight at Donghae’s eyes.

 

“I know.” Donghae sympathies as he knows how painful it was to love someone who doesn’t love you back.

 

“Is there any way to stop this?” she asked despairingly.

 

“I’m sorry but based on experienced….there’s no way out.” He answered truthfully.

 

“What should I do then?”

 

Donghae closed his hand into fist. Seeing Dara like this is two times painful than he ever felt. “Two words.” He answered and Dara waited. “Stay away.”

 

“Do you think I can do that?”

 

“Maybe…but most of us failed.”

 

Dara nodded thinking about it. Her eyes and nose are extremely red but tears are threatening to fall again.

 

“Do you want to order another hot cup of tea?” Donghae asked.

 

“Yes please.” Dara replied as she glanced at her untouched cup of tea from the table. Donghae called the waiter and ordered again a cup of tea, coffee and two muffins. When the waiter’s gone they remained silent. No one uttered a single word not until the orders was served in front of them already.

 

“So what will you do now?” Donghae asked after sipping his hot coffee.

 

Dara finally drink her freshly serve cup of tea and said. “I thought of something.” She said.

 

Donghae squinted his eyes at her. “What it is?”

 

A small smile then appeared in her lips and Donghae was surprise by it.

 

“I’m thinking of making him fall in love with me.” She said while looking at Donghae straight.

 

“What?!” his voice raised in shocked.

 

“I know it’s crazy but now that Bom is away I think I have a chance.”

 

“Dara…”

 

“Donghae I can’t let this go…because I think I need to fight for it.”

 

“Are you really serious?” he looked at her unbelievably.

 

Dara nodded and said “You know me.”

 

“Dara…”

 

“I don’t give up easily.”

 

“I know but…”

 

“I have decided. I will make him fall in love with me too.”

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

OH MY GOD!! THIS IS IT!!!

UPVOTE THIS STORY AND freely LEAVE A UR COMMENTS ^.^