CHAPTER 17: DANCE

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

CHAPTER 17

The romantic slow music played and the sound and rhythm of it leads everyone to the dance floor. People started grabbing their mysterious partners with them. The lights set the mood to a romantic aura with all the hanging candles that are creating a nice glow and the fairy lights that are boomingly hidden in topiaries around the area.

"So you need my help." Chaerin uttered, while placing herself in front of Seunghyun to start the slow dancing.

"Yes." He quickly replied, placing his right to her waist while his other hand holding up Chaerin’s right hand at about their shoulder level, bent upward from the elbow.

"In what way you want me to help you then?" Chaerin curiously asked, following Seunghyun’s slow and smooth waltz.

Seunghyun's eyes searched for Bom first before answering. And he found her dancing with the guy wearing a blue glittery mask which he knew was Kwon Jiyong. He then looked back to Chaerin and said "Stay and do what I’m going to tell you."

Chaerin let out low chuckles. "I hate the sound of that. I’m not the kind of person you can boss with you know."

Seunghyun smirked as he did the basic square movement of waltz which Chaerin gracefully sync in. "I doubt that.”

Chaerin gave him a sharp look. “You doubt what?”

“I doubt that you won’t help me.”

“Oh you don’t know me Mr. Choi. I can be brat sometimes.”

“But you don’t want to marry me. Right?" Seunghyun subtly pulled her right hand to turn around.

She rolled her eyes. “Even though I don’t want I can’t do anything about it.”

Seunghyun smirked. "Well help me then…and our wedding will not be happening."

Chaerin stared at him giving him a confused and wondering look. “You can do that? I mean you can stop our wedding?”

“That is if you will help me.”

Chaerin snickered and Seunghyun eyed her. “What’s funny?”

"I’m just wondering about how sure you are that you can stop our wedding? Knowing that we have crazy parents that are hard to handle. I don’t think it’s possible."

He sighed. “Just trust me.”

“But how? Trust is earned not given.”

Seunghyun then turned his head to where Bom was at the moment and his heart tightens as he watched her dancing with someone else far away from him. The image is what he doesn’t want to happen in the future where he can’t do anything anymore to be with her, because he was with someone else already and not with him. “Just trust me and I will show you.”

Chaerin groaned. “Mr. Choi---“

“I don’t want to lose her.” He cutted her sentence. “I don’t want to lose her anymore.” He repeated but now almost whispered. “This chance we have right now…I don’t want to slip it away…. Because I’m afraid after this there’s no chance for us anymore.”

Chaerin felt his hand slacken against her waist. “Woah does it mean you’re willing to give up everything for her? All of this?.....This glamorous life you have right now?” she asked.

“Yes.” Seunghyun doubtlessly replied. "I'll give up anything for her. Everything.”

She paused for a moment, thinking about how she finds his determination impressive, just to be with the girl he loves. That is so rare for guys nowadays and she wanted to know if he really can keep his words done. “Okay.” She said. “I will help you then.”

Seunghyun leaned back so that he could see Chaerin’s face if she’s kidding or not.

“Seriously?” Seunghyun somehow felt relieved for the first time after a long time due for being always feeling anxious about all the happenings. “Wow. That’s good. Thank you.” He sincerely murmured and gave her squeezed on her hand.

“Just promise me this won’t do any harm to me.” Chaerin reminded him.

Seunghyun warmly smiled and said. “I promise. I will sacrifice everything I have for this but I won’t drag you down with me. After this, you’re going to be free.”

Chaerin giggled. “Only free from you. Who knows who else my dad has to arrange marriage with me.”

Seunghyun sighed.

“But it’s okay. I think I will learn a lot after tonight.”

“I hope you will.”

“I trust you.”

The two continued dancing as the second song started to play. “So what’s the plan?” Chaerin questioned, curious as to what she’s going to do later.

“Look at the guy with the blue glittery mask dancing with Bom.” Seunghyun diagonally stepped backward and turned around to give Chaerin a view across their area.

“Okay. I think I saw him. So what about that guy?”

“He’s Kwon Jiyong…the one who’s going help us….the one who is going to cover me up.”

“Cover you up?” Her eyebrows curled.

“We will switch places.”

Chaerin implausibly stared at him. “For real?”

Seunghyun nodded. “My parents started keeping their eyes on me because I’ve tried to escape from them so many times already before this event. That leads them to be very over protective parents that they can be. So they spread guards around this place just to watch me. That is why it’s harder for me to escape.” Chaerin didn’t say anything, too busy listening to come up with words. “So I came up with this idea of a masquerade party that will make this mission at least a bit easier for me…… for us.”

“Okay I get it. So what is my role here?” Chaerin inquisitively asked.

“Just stick around Jiyong after we switch places. Act your normal and think he is me.”

“O...kay. That’s all?”

“Yeah that’s all. But it’s not going to be easy especially if someone suspects.”

Chaerin rolled her eyes again. “You shouldn’t have told me these stuffs. Since all of us here are wearing mask…I can’t tell if it’s you or not! I just met you today. It’s better if you didn’t drag me with this plan of yours because this will just bother me all night.”

“I’m sorry but I think it’s better to have you in our side. At least you can help with some instances that might happen later. Wearing a mask still can’t be safe.”

Chaerin groaned in frustration. Not wanting to be involved with this kind of drama.

“Remember this will stop our wedding.” Seunghyun reminded her.

She shut her eyes and took a deep breath. “Okay fine. At least that’s my trophy after tonight.”

“Mille fois merci.” Seunghyun sincerely said. *means ‘Thank you a thousand times’ in French*

“Bienvenida.” Chaerin half-heartedly received but she was stunned by the fact that there is still a man like Seunghyun who will do everything for the girl he loves. That’s every girls in the world are wishing for, to have a man that will love unconditionally. But it doesn’t mean she was having a second thought of stopping her marriage with him. Chaerin don’t think that Seunghyun is the man for her. So she will never be the to ruin Seunghyun and Bom’s romance. She just wants to live her life back to Paris, and helping them can be her ticket to get back there.

________________

To make the night more interesting Simon the master of ceremony for the night informed everyone that everytime they hear the music changes it’s a cue to exchange partners on the floor. And people got more excited about it as it gives eagerness, great enthusiasms, and thrill to them. That was surely exciting for they don’t know who they are dancing with.

And when the music shifted to another song everyone glimmeringly exchanged partners.

In the middle of the dance floor, under the stunning chandeliers, her scent filled his lungs and he felt her heart pounding next to his chest. After a long time of waiting he can’t believe he was now holding her.

“I miss you.” Seunghyun breathlessly uttered while longingly stared at Bom. “I miss you so much.” He then hugged her tightly, his hands wrapping around her gives warmth throughout his body. There are no enough words to describe how he feels right now. If only he could kiss her to feel her more… but the people around them are the reason why he needs to wait until that time comes, until he can fully have her in his arms.

Seunghyun leaned back to see Bom’s face again. “You have no idea how I miss you Bom. I almost die waiting for this day.” He caressed her face and never leaves his eyes on her. He waited for this day where he can finally hold her. Wishing this moment will not come to end but his heart nothing can do to fight with time. As he stared at her, he was waiting for Bom to say anything but no words from her came out. “Hey, why are you not saying anything?” His thumb her face gently. “Don’t you miss me?

Bom showed him a little smile. “A little.”

Seunghyun furrowed. “What do you mean a little?”

“I miss you a little……a little too often, and a little too much.”

Seunghyun curve his lips into a sweet smile and said “You give me enough reason to fight and never walk away Bom. So here I am still holding on and I’m glad you did too. I love you.” Bom then gave him a tight hug. Very long tight, warm, gentle hug that make them both feel the fireworks inside their stomach collide.

Though they live in different world their boundless love for each other brings them together. In love there is no reason, no distance, and no boundaries. It is a continuous flow without limits.

_____________________

Dara is making herself alienated to other people. Though there are so many mysterious guys wanting to dance with her, she never stood on her chair and dance with them. She chose to just sit and stay on her spot because of some weird feeling she doesn’t even know why she was struggling inside. She just felt being left behind most especially after Jiyong left and asked Bom to dance with him first. Though she knows it is something that Jiyong was obviously going to do, it still gives her this weird feeling that she hates why it even exist through her.

"Would you like to dance with me?" surely a familiar voice entered Dara's ears but she ignored it. No plans to accept offers to dance for the whole night. She just wants to go home and sleep.

"Bad mood? Tell me what Kwon did this time so that I can give him a hard punch again.”

Dara blinked and turned her head to the guy who owns that familiar voice. His hands are inside his pants pockets. She looked at him for too long, trying to figure out who he was. And really it feels like it’s been so long.

"Donghae? Is that you?” she still asked to confirm for he was wearing a black mask that matched his designer’s suit.

He nodded in response.

“Why are you here?" She was obviously surprise with his presence now.

"Seunghyun invited me just thirty minutes ago.” He answered.

“He called you?”

Donghae nodded again. “Maybe the birthday boy noticed that you need company, so he called me.”

Dara bit her lower lip and fiddled her fingers.

“and I can see Seunghyun was right, you really need me here. ‘Cause even though you’re wearing a mask I can still see how you are not enjoying this night.”

Dara pressed her lips into a hard line and took the glass of wine near her from the table. She was about to take a sip on it when Donghae held her wrist stopping her from drinking. Dara glared at him.

"I don’t think wine is a good drink for a pregnant woman." He said with a warning tone.

Dara then realized what she was doing. She almost forgot she has a baby inside her stomach where drinking alcoholic beverages is a big no no.

"Water is better." Donghae picked up the glass of water from the table and gave it to Dara. And she gladly accepted it and drinks it.

“So” Donghae smiled and put his hand out to offer it to her. “Would you like to dance with me?”

Dara shook her head. “Sorry I can’t. I just ---”

“Are you always going to reject me?” He asked with a sound of irony but he meant that question.

“Donghae...I’m just tired and want to go home.”

“I will not let this night end until you feel okay.” He earnestly uttered.

Dara stared at him which Donghae noticed that her eyes soften so he gave her his handsomest smile. Actually, he really wants to be there for him to see her and he was glad he made it beside her when she needed him just in time.

"Come dance with me. Let’s enjoy the night. Don’t just sit there." Donghae held her hand and they stepped out to the dance floor. He pulled her to his front, placing Dara's hands around his neck and he wrapped his around her waist, creating small distance between their bodies.

"How do you know it’s me?" Dara surprisingly started the conversation because she was puzzled on how even Donghae knew it’s her even though she was wearing a mask.

"Even if you cover your whole body with tissues like a mummy I can still say it’s you."

It made Dara smile. "That is a very nice ability of yours Mr. Lee Donghae."

"It’s an ability that only works for you Ms. Sandara Park."

She shook her head, he never changed and still persistent ever since. She wondered where all those spirit and will power coming from after so many turn downs she did to him, he was still there and waiting.

"So how are you doing now?” He asked her while leading the dance, swaying her with him.

Dara sighed. “A few more steps to fine….I guess.” She then feel Donghae’s grip tighten on her waist.

“Is Kwon still treating you in his -est way?” He asked under his breath.

Dara thinned her lips, she doesn’t want to talk about that guy right now. There is a part of her now that hated Jiyong  and she can’t find a logical thought why she felt that way. And it is stupid.

“I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to visit you this passed days. I’m too busy at work." Donghae changed the topic as he noticed her not wanting to talk about the .

"It’s okay. I’m glad you find something to focus on already and forget about me." Dara muttered humorously.

Donghae tensed at the meaning of what she said. "No. Of course not. I don’t forget you." He shook his head.

Dara giggled but Donghae bothered of what she might be thinking.

"Dara look….Korean Airways is not doing well. We are still on recovering stage. And until now we are -----“

“Hey hey hey." She stopped him. "I’m just kidding." She said chuckling. “It’s okay. I don’t need explanation as to why you're busy or something. And I don’t think I deserve that and I’m not demanding for it. So please.”

“I’m sorry. I thought you meant it.” Donghae looked down and his face covering with mask was now shaded with shadow of sadness. He was not expecting her to say something like that though obviously Dara was not serious about it, it still gives him reasons to worry. The thought of Dara thinking about he forget her frustrates him.

“Really sorry. I just want you to know that I’m always here for you.” He said still want to make sure. “No matter what.”

“I know. I always know Donghae.” Dara his neck with her fingers and he stiffened. His skin creates a static which usually does whenever her skin touches his. “I know you well Donghae.”

“I’m glad to hear that you know me well Dara.”

“Yeah I know you well and I know you’re crazy.” She muttered chuckling and it lighten up the mood.

“Yes I am crazy. I am crazy for you.”

Dara take a moment to stare at Donghae, and there are so many thoughts entered her mind about him. He is caring, loving, and a very hard working man who likes to give her things…… but why those are still not enough to make her like Donghae back? Is there something wrong about her?

 Dara sighed and hung her head low. “I know you’re always been there…and even though how many times I’ve turned you down you always stay and…. I don’t know anymore how to repay that.”

Donghae’s eyebrow furrowed. “Dara you don’t even have to repay me.” He cupped her face to make her looked at him and no matter how many times he looked through it, it was always incomprehensible. Like there are simply no words to describe how much he deeply loves her. Yes, he wants to be with her but she already said it so many times that she can’t feel the same way about him. And because of that turn downs from her, time make him realize that staying beside her is enough than losing her.

"You don’t need to love me back Dara. I’m not going to asked you that anymore. Just let me stay beside you and I’m okay with that. I don’t want to burden you of what I feel about you. No. That’s not what I wanted."

Dara warmly smiled at Donghae but at the same time she was starting to hate herself now that he sounds he already accepts that she can’t love him back.  He is a good guy that other women would think he is a great catch but she doesn’t know why she can’t get into him. He is completely into her and she felt it’s unfair for him for not loving him back. “I’m sorry.” She murmured.

“Don’t be sorry.”

“No I really am sorry…..for hurting you so many times.” She said, and in Donghae surprised Dara put her head against his chest and closed her eyes. “and thank you for everything. If only I can give you the love you deserve.” She honestly muttered under her breath. She tightened her arms around him while they’re swaying along the music, thinking Donghae might need comfort from her.

But when Donghae tightened his arms around her as well the comfort she want to give to him transfers to her, like her fear of being alone is not to worry about. She felt secured, protected, and safe around him, like he won’t ever make her feel hurt and allow others to hurt her. His hug was so comforting and she felt guilty about it.

A second later Dara never expected that leaning back and opening her eyes were going to be one of the million wrong things she was going to do right at the moment. She felt her chest tightened because of the view where her eyes laid on. Jiyong was now dancing with Seunghyun's fiancé two feet away from them. Her name is Lee Chaerin, and her hands were wrapping around his neck while Jiyong’s hands were placed gently against her hips. Same dance position with her and Donghae are doing but the problem is, they just met now and how close their bodies were was not really a good view to glimpse off. She then suddenly felt sick, not sure if it is because of her pregnancy or because some of other reason she couldn’t think clear off. And there is this weird feeling again creeping and running through out of her body and she can’t help it ‘cause she knows it’s hurting her even though it’s not Bom with him. So what does it mean?

Dara then got surprise when suddenly a hand pulled her head back against the chest she was leaning just a while ago and suddenly felt the comfort of his arms wrapping her once again. “Please don’t look somewhere.” Donghae whispered and she was feeling his chin moving as he talked on top of her head. "Don’t look at them. I know that’s not a good view to see for you.”

Dara shut her eyes. She hates the way her thoughts were headed and she was afraid of it. So she tried to keep away what she feels inside her chest and just let the comfort Donghae was enfolding her.

A normal Dara would probably pushed Donghae away from her already but the desire for comfort let her to stay silent and let Donghae hug her. Throughout the night she felt alone, she felt out of place and Donghae's tight hug somehow washed it all away. And she was so thankful that this guy who experienced so many turn downs from her was the one who always comforting her, who always protecting her. Now she was starting to think about giving a chance and trying out to be with Donghae.

But unfortunately giving Donghae a chance quickly break off out of her mind when the music suddenly changes, and it is cue for them to look for another dance partner. If only Donghae could stop the time he will. He would never let go of Dara but someone pulled her away from him and it’s too late prevent it.

________________

Dara blinked at the new guy in front of her who pulled her away from Donghae. The glittery blue mask shines through the light as he looked up at it. His fine familiar pointed nose, thin soft lips and his sharp jawline makes her heartbeat pound so loud. She knows him. And she can’t believe that she was now dancing with Kwon Jiyong.

Dara tensed as she already felt his hands that were placed at the sides of her waist. She quickly glanced at him and their eyes met which made Dara flustered. Her arms were just folded up against her chest and her problem is she doesn’t know where to place those damn sweaty palms right now. She was like in a verge of panic. And then the weirdest thing happened she felt her heart stopped beating and goes dry hanging open.

“What are you doing?” his husky voice almost made her go crazy and she have no idea why is that happening to her. She is not like this!

"Don’t you know how to dance?" he asked sounds impatient. Dara gulped and all she could do is just hung open and stare at him.

Jiyong let out low grunt and swiftly held Dara's hands and put it on his shoulders. She then felt her skin in her hands burnt against his touch and it made her feel like she undergo to a spinning globe. Plus placing her hands to his shoulder made their distance shorter and the thought of her body is just less than an inch far from his is enough to make her heart pounding out of her chest.

“Why you look so tense?” he asked with his usual impassive face but he sounds angry. And that caught up the air at Dara’s throat so she kept silent. Besides the fact that it’s too hard to come up with something to say when they are this close she’s wondering why he sounds completely pissed off.

As the song came to its chorus Jiyong gracefully swayed her along with him. Dara on the other hand obediently followed his lead through his foot waltz movements. That was lovely even though he looks in a bad mood, Dara felt her inner dancer self was coming out of her because of his movements.

While dancing Dara then thought that scene seems familiar. “This is not the first time we dance.” she muttered remembering the first time they met and danced at the club. But Jiyong didn’t say anything and just guided her to turn around but unfortunately Dara who seems out of her mind tripped off her balance as she struggle to turn. Gladly, Jiyong was fast enough to hold her arm and to pull her against him. And that fast pulling made their body and face get closer, where their nose are almost touching, where she can already feel his breath on her face. It was too close that it was too difficult for her to breathe.

“Clumsy.” He muttered angrily making Dara blinked her eyes a few times at him. Jiyong with now meeting eyebrows hissed “Stupid.” He added as he continued to dance with her.

Dara glared at him. “What did you say?”

“I said you’re clumsy and stupid.” He repeated.

“It’s okay to be called clumsy but how dare you say I’m stupid.”

“Are you not stupid enough to trip off and almost fall on the floor when you’re pregnant?” He said it like he was keeping that angry emotion inside him for too long already. Dara gaped at him not because he was angry but because he looks he cared. But of course it's unclear to be true.

“Well….I’m sorry.” She said while trying to look deep in his eyes but his mask was blocking it. “But why are you so angry?”

“I’m not angry.”

“You are.”

“Urgh.” Jiyong groaned and he shoved his fingers through his hair in frustration. “Just behave next time.” He lastly said and left her at the dance floor.

“What?” and Dara left clueless.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~clueless

what a long vacation I've been and bcoz of that sorry for waiting so long for this update -.-

aigoooo...Anyways Happy 2015 everyone! I love all your comments! WOW! Please keep them coming!

And helloo there new subscribers!! Put your hands in the air ^^ Hows my new banner for this story? Do you like it?