CHAPTER 4: UNUSUAL

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

“This is like a gambling, if you fail we will lose everything."

Truthfully Mr. Park’s company is now slowly shrinking, falling from an industry leadership position due to large competitors coming out like mushrooms. Korean Airways Co Ltd is already included to those companies that are invulnerable today but will be aimless tomorrow. This fact was secretly hidden to the public to prevent bigger damage for the company. Thus, everyone still believes that Korean Airways was still the largest and biggest income earner transportation business in the country.

The merging project with Choi Family is the only way for Korean Airway to gain back its excellent performance. So without hesitation CEO Park made a business deal to Choi Family who he believes he will succeed. Of course he did research about their wealth and backgrounds, and after knowing that Mr. & Mrs. Choi have been looking for a girl for their son to marry, he find his way to enter a business deal with them thinking the Choi family is his guarantee against falling down. The plan was successful because the urge of the Choi’s to immediately have a grandchild pushed him even more to close the deal with them using his daughter, Sandara Park.

“…..Perhaps the explanation is that when an organization is enjoying success, it breeds adversity to taking wise and calculated risks. I became too confident thinking that what I have worked in the past will continue to work in the future. But I’m wrong. Now the company is at risk.” Mr. Park told his daughter. They are now in his office room. Dara was sitting in front of him.

“That’s why you’re forcing me to marry a stranger?” Dara asked him with a hard tone.

“There are social and economic factors surrounding forced marriage. It may allow two families or two clans to forge an alliance or to strengthen bonds and solidarity between groups.” Her father answered.

“Forge alliance? Strengthen bonds? Solidarity?......” Dara repeated. “………it’s more on to PRESERVE your properties and inheritance.”

“OUR properties and YOUR inheritance.” He emphasized the words.

Dara chuckled. “Lies” she blurted out.

“The company that your mom founded with her sweat and blood is in your hands.” He stared at her but Dara looked away. He’s talking about her mom now. He really does know that Dara’s guilt always hunts her whenever he mentions her mom. “If you’re not going to do this, the worst would happen. Everything will be gone, will vanish, this is the only thing that your mom left to us. Are you going to lost this either?”

Dara hung her head low. As much as she wanted to refuse, to decline, to say no to her marriage….. she can’t. Everything they have is from Dara’s mom legacy. This is one of the reasons why his father becomes greedy for money. He’s afraid to lose everything that Mrs. Park left for them.

“I want you to take in charge with this merging as well.” Mr. Park continued. “It’s better if you prove to your parent in laws that you’re not just an ordinary girl for their son.”

“He told me he has a girlfriend.” Dara said referring to Seunghyun.

“I know. But Mr. & Mrs. Choi don’t approve.”

Dara wondered. “Why?”

“The girl is poor and that’s why you have the advantage. The Choi Family likes you so don’t worry about his girlfriend. They can’t fight.” He certainly said.

“Okay, let say the girl is not the problem but Seunghyun is." Dara insisted.

Mr. Park laughed. “Of course not, do you think he’ll attend the engagement party if he has the courage to disobey his parents?” Dara thought about it and yes her father was right. Seunghyun even asked her for help about their situation that means disobeying his parent is not what he can actually do.

“Now I want you two to make out as soon as possible.”

“What?!!”

“You need security Dara. Mr. & Mrs. Choi badly want a grandchild.”

“Dad, this is too much!” Dara complained.

He stood up while wearing a smile. “You need to do it. This is for your mom.” And he exited the office.

Dara knows that her Dad was just using her mom to make her obey him. To make her say yes. She knows that his father's life is her mom. Losing her made him like this. Made him the worst person he ever is.

But in spite of everything she can’t hate her father. She can’t hate the person that's burning himself with sorrow. She pities him. Losing the one he loves the most made him like this. Maybe God let her live because she still has the mission to change her father for her mother. She can feel that her mother is always there watching her. Wanting her to make her father go back to his old self and that was she's going to do. She's going to change that stone heart to the heart that knows how to love like it was used to be before.

_________________________

“The merging is about establishing the most high end hotel & casino in the country. The two different companies with one business goal which is to give more hope to maintain and increase tourism in our country is now about to happen." Dara was having her presentation for the introduction of the Park & Choi’s merging. Even though she’s not feeling well since this morning she still attended the meeting and presented. “The Park & Choi’s goal is to have the volume of tourism equals or even surpasses that oil exports, ‎food products or automobiles industry. Tourism is the focus of this project because it has become one of the major players in ‎international commerce, and represents at the same time one of the main income ‎sources for many developing countries. This growth goes hand in hand with an ‎increasing diversification and competition among destinations.‎” She enclosed.

After the presentation Dara & Donghae received a lot of compliments. Working together is not bad.

On the other hand Mr Yang notices that Dara looks pale. “Are you okay Dara?” He asked. Dara glanced at him and replied. “I just feel a little dizzy, Mr. Yang”

“Really? Have you already taken a medicine?” Mr. Yang worriedly asked.

“Yes Mr. Yang." She nodded. "So don’t worry, I’ll be okay later.” She assured and saw Donghae worriedly staring at her.

“Anyways, job well done kids.” Mr. Yang congratulated them.

Dara chuckled “But honestly Donghae actually did all the work. I’m just the one who exhibits it.” Dara humbly said.

“I still know you contribute so many efforts for this. I think you’ll handle this project well. Your dad will be proud of you.”

“I hope so. We still need your advice Mr. Yang.”

“I know. Don’t worry I’m always here for you guys.” Mr. Yang assured.

“Thank you.” Dara said smiling.

“By the way, I already had chosen the construction service best bidder for the project. I already called them for the awarding of the contract.”

“When is the contract signing?” Donghae joined the conversation.

“It's tomorrow.” Mr. Yang replied.

“Okay. To make it fast I think after the contract signing we should proceed talking about the plans already tomorrow.” Donghae suggested.

“Alright. Just inform the bidder about it. I’ll email you their contacts.”Mr. Yang said.

Donghae nodded in response.

There's something wrong with Donghae. He was silent throughout the day. He will just talk to Dara if it was about the project. Though Dara was not used to Donghae being like this she thought that it is better because at least it lessens her problems about him. His feelings for her are not really her priority ever. Now that she's engaged there's no reason for Donghae to continue pursuing her.

Dara feel uncomfortable. She wanted to lay her body on her bed at home but she still needs to work. So even though she’s not feeling well she forced herself to finish the papers on her table. While working her phone suddenly rang so she looked at the phone screen first and saw the numbers are not registered but she still answered it thinking it might be some of her clients. “Hello?”

“Hi Sandara.” That male voice gives her chills in her spine. Hearing her name from him sounds creepy.

“Who’s this?" She curiously asked.

“Someone you owe big.”

“What? Is this a prank call?”

“Of course not.” She can imagine a smirked from his words. “I just want to remind you that you have to pay me back.”

“Excuse me?”

Then the caller hanged up. Dara twitched her lips thinking it might be one of those crazy bored people doing prank calls these days so she choose to ignore it and continue her work because there are more important things to think about.

____________

Next Morning. A bad day.

Dara came late in the office because she’s again felling unusually strange. She can’t even stand up from her bed this morning for an unknown stomach pain.

“Dara!" One of her officemate called when she reached her cubicle. "The bidder winner was already there inside the conference room with Mr. Yang and Donghae.” she informed. “You’re late.”

“O-okay. I'll get going.” She immediately walked towards the conference room after getting all the documents from the table she needed with her. She opened the door and apologized for being late. She sat between Donghae and Mr. Yang. There are two unfamiliar people sitting opposite her and Donghae, there is a vacant seat in front of Mr. Yang but from her peripheral vision she knows someone was standing in front behind the projector, meaning they have started the presentation already. Dara was about to look at the person who was standing there when Mr. Yang got her attention first. “Dara, they are from the Kwon Building & Construction Company; they're the one who won the bid. Project manager Ching, Secretary Jung……"

Dara bowed and smiled at the two formal people sitting opposite her seat. "……..and of course we have here Mr. Kwon Jiyong the Vice President of Kwon Building & Construction Company."

Dara turned her head to the man standing behind the projector in front. She was about to greet him but her eyes almost get out from its sockets.

She can’t believe that faith allowed them to meet again.

It's him!

"Hi Sandara." He grinningly said that sends chill down to the very marrow of her spine. That voice! He's the one who called her yesterday, the call that she thought a prank call.

Dara wanted to puke. She felt like she's going to get ill. She was totally surprise with his presence today. This made her day a bad day even more. He was staring at her all throughout the meeting. And it’s giving her the urge to take out his eyeballs using her fingers. He creeps the hell out of her! The guy is giving her a feeling that he is a creature who's spent its life in perpetual shadow.

"That Kwon guy sticks his eyes like glue on you." Donghae blurted out while they're having lunch at the canteen. "Be careful and stay away from him." He warned.

‘Of course Donghae get that wrong. There’s no way that guy has his eyes on me’ she thought. Based on his call yesterday he said that she owes him something so Dara was wondering about that. Maybe it’s because of his motorbike for running away and for not saying thank you for saving her life. But why is he acting like he doesn’t know her? Like he doesn’t remember her?

Then her phone suddenly rang making her jolted at her seat. She picked it up without looking who's the caller is. "Hello?"

"Hi Sandara." Dara froze. It’s him again. That whispery voice that echoes in her head is driving her crazy.

"How are you?" He followed a question tingling her spine.

"What do you want?" She nervily asked.

Donghae glanced at her wondering who the person calling Dara.

"I’m just checking on you." He replied expectantly.

"There’s no reason for that" She replied and glanced at Donghae who again looked away and continued his eating pretending he’s not listening.

"You look pale a while ago." Mr. Kwon uttered. “It is because of me?”

"It’s absolutely not because of you and it’s none of your business." She replied in displease.

A sudden pause from the other line.

Dara then heard a light chuckled.

“I’m hanging up-“

"I want to talk to you in person." He uttered cutting Dara’s sentence.

"For what?"

"About what you owe me."

"I don’t owe you anything."

"Ahh Sandara, don’t act like you’ve done nothing wrong."

"Mr. Kwon.……"

Donghae turned his head at her and stared, narrowing his eyes on her, he was inflamed hearing the name of that guy but Dara ignored his stare and continued talking "…….Don’t act like you've done nothing wrong too." And she hanged up.

Dara looked down at her food and she suddenly felt of throwing up. For his information he owes her bigtime too! He stole her ity without her even knowing. She can even call it a right? Because it’s against of her will right? How dare him showed his face again!

"Do you know each other?" Donghae asked cutting her conversation to herself thoughts.

Dara glanced at him.

“It looks like you two already know each other.” Donghae suspiciously said.

“No.” she shook her head. “Of course not……I don’t know him."

"You're lying." He blurted out.

Dara sighed. "Donghae stop acting like this."

"Like what?"

"Like this! This not you. You're not the energetic, happy go lucky guy Donghae I know anymore."

“Don’t change the topic Dara.” He miffed.

Dara then stood up and left the table totally lost her appetite. Donghae followed her.

“How do you know each other?” He asked while walking behind her. Dara didn’t say anything. “I’m talking to you.” He pointed out.

"I don’t talk to strangers.” She said.

Donghae halted. “Wow now I’m a stranger.” He disappointedly uttered.

Dara stopped and sighed, regretting what she just blurted out to Donghae. "I’m sorry." Dara apologetically said. Of course she doesn’t mean it. It’s just that she's not used to this kind of Donghae. Serious. "Donghae, Can you go back to your old self and stop acting like this anymore?" Dara blurted turning her head to glance at him.

"Bring the old Donghae back?" He repeated her question. Dara nodded.

Donghae stared at her intently for a while. "Would you ever love him if I bring him back?" He asked seriously.

Dara stared back at him. After seconds she sighed and walked towards him.

"I’m sorry Donghae.” She said while placing her hand on top of his shoulder. “I just don’t want to see you change because of me. I can’t take it.”

Donghae stared back at her. His eyes look dispirited hearing her said sorry. "Are you really going to marry the guy who you just met once?"

"You know I can’t back out." She replied.

"You can. If you really want to." He said.

"Donghae, you know I can’t do that I’m afraid that Dad will be completely lost and can’t go back to his old self anymore. Dad spent all his life giving his best to keep this company, thinking that this is the only thing that my mom left for him. He treasures this. If this company reaches the end, what do you think will happen to my father? He will be more ruined. It will destroy him.  So marrying the guy is the only way to save this company, to save my father."

He stayed silent.

"I’m sorry Donghae." She said again.

"So you’re willing to sacrifice yourself just for that greedy man huh. Do you think it’s worth it?"

"To be honest I don’t know. It’s like what I’m doing is like a gambling, if I fail I'll lose everything." She sternly uttered.

Donghae bowed his head ashamed to look at the girl’s brave and spirited eyes. How can he defeat those eyes? Flaming and full of courage. "Sorry for acting like an idiot.” He sheepishly said. “Instead of helping you out from that situation I’m adding up to your worries even more. I’m sorry."

"It’s okay Donghae.” She softly tapped his shoulder. “Honestly, I miss those days you keep bugging me, pissing me off, acting like my crazy boyfriend. Even though you’re so annoying still……..you’re the only person who can make me smile to those days that I shouldn't be smiling. You're the person who can make me forget my worriment." She professed.

“Now I’m happy to hear that.” He said with satisfaction on his face. Hearing that everything he was doing for Dara still matters can already make him feel okay. “Anyways, I just want you to know that I’m acting like an uptight serious type of guy lately because I’m in pain. I don’t even expect that I’m going to act that way. But tell me who’s not going to feel hurt when you found out that the love of your life engage herself to the other guy that don’t even deserve her.” He uttered while shaking his head. "Well it’s maybe because I’m just foolishly in love with you" He added.

She bit her lower lip and showed him a little smile. "Thank you for loving me Donghae but …………………………………I’m sorry I can’t love you back."

Donghae joined Dara to say the last sentence and it made Dara chuckled. She already told that same words to him for she doesn’t remember how many times already. Though she felt sorry for the guy she needs to be honest. Donghae nodded and nodded showing her that he understands. "Because you told me that line like a million times already, it seems don’t hurt me anymore.” He said. “It’s been four years and still you keep turning my feelings down."

"I’m sorry." She whispered.

She does know that Donghae is still hurt after knowing about her engagement so seeing him smiling right now made her admire him. He’s so strong and very determined guy. If only she can teach her heart to love him back. She will.

Jiyong place his phone on his desk after calling Sandara Park. He grinned while working on his office desk answering emails. He’s planning something brilliant for him to get revenge for his motorbike a.k.a baby, and the faith even allowed him to do that. He just found out that the girl who named Sandara Park is working as a project manager in Korean Ariways Co. Ltd. where he submitted his proposals about the construction services. So for him joining the bid for the Park & Choi Project is like hitting two birds in one stone. Winning the project means he has a bigger chance to make Sandara Park pay for what she did to his baby. For Jiyong losing his baby inflicted him so much pain so he won’t just let it go! He needs to make her pay for mercilessly crashing his motorbike. And unexpectedly the lucky Kwon Jiyong became luckier when Sandara Park was the one holding the project where he bids his proposal. Jiyong chuckled alone. He's now excited to see how everything will flow.

But while focusing on the monitor and typing 30 words per minute, his brain process of remembering something. Sandara's face suddenly popped out in his mind in a different image. An image that looks familiar with him. He titled his head still continuing his typing. His brain cells then begin repairing the memories that he forgets and he started seeing some images in his mind. He stopped typing from the keyboard. His fingers trembled on the images and scenes that he remembers. It’s already more than 2 months ago, when he woke up with a stranger in a hotel. "" he hissed. "Why I just remember her now?!!" He then panicked remembering the night that he already forcedly erased from his memory.

Why should they need to meet again when everything is back into place for him already? A wave of depression targeted him. Sandara Park the girl who gone wild with him that night.

_______________

Saturday.

Dara was driving her car on her way to the hospital. She’s not really feeling well. These past few weeks were so unusually strange because she felt ill. She thinks that it’s time to see what’s wrong with her. She’s actually worried thinking she has a severe illness or whatever and the worst scenario is……. it can be an illness that cannot be cure!

She took a deep sighed. She remembered last week about the red spots that she found in her belly. She ignored it thinking it might be cause of her some allergies because it disappeared after days while taking her anti-allergy drug. She also felt shortness of breathing that’s giving her a weak feeling. She firmly closed her eyes. Her heart is pounding heavier this time. Is she sick? Gawd! Her life is always full of drama, from the first day she was born, she already lost her mother. She doesn’t even get a chance to see how beautiful her mom is, though her father was still there, alive, he doesn’t treat her as his daughter ever. She was deprived by love from her parents. She lives her life by a hope that his father still has the chance to change and to love her. Then, her ity was easily stolen from her by the guy who she doesn’t even know and not to forget her force marriage to a stranger. How bad her life is? What did she do in the past that she has this kind of miseries in her life?

The doctor asked her about what she feels. She told the doctor every bad feeling that occurred onto her in the past weeks. The headaches, the feeling of getting ill every morning, the red spots on her belly, the heavy breathing, the feeling of throwing up but nothing is coming out, and the feeling of being exhausted every day.

Without a comment the doctor took a blood test on her. Dara waited for the result that she doesn’t know how many minutes or hours passed already because she’s in a nerve wrecking situation. Of course there are so many stressful things exploding inside her head now. Maybe cancer? A heart disease? Or whatever. Ahhhhhhh!! -.-

“Have you already missed your period?” the doctor asked.

Dara thought about it first and found out that the answer is yes, She did missed her period and it was supposed to be every first week of every month but she doesn’t even noticed that she already missed it because of all the troubles and predicaments came in her life.

“Yes I’ve missed it.” She simply replied.

The Doctor smiled. "Congratulations!”

"What?!"

"Congratulations!" The doctor repeated.

Dara confusedly stared at the doctor.

"Your test is positive. Ms. Park you're a two month pregnant." The doctor smilingly announced.

Dara left the hospital dumbstruck. She doesn’t know if what she heard is real or not. She had a sweeping range of emotions. Her whole body went numb, her lips dried, it feels like a wave washed away all her other feelings. She’s lost. She’s confused.

_______________

After knowing she was pregnant, everything just sinks in at her. Not so long she was down in the dumps when she got engaged to a stranger. Now here’s another misery, another reason for her to lose hope that things will change at all. The night when she lost her ity, her purity, her maidenhood, her innocence was the only reason why there’s now something inside her stomach. Dara felt scared. She will absolutely lose everything she has now because of this. The images of her father disowning her tightening her chest. She cried getting the waves of depression.

She was in the verge of insanity thinking all of her misfortunes in life. Gladly Minzy her personal maid talked to her. She was hesitating at first but thinking Minzy might help her in some way push her to tell everything to her. Minzy expectedly jolted on the revelation but then quickly calmed herself after absorbing everything and tried to advice or help Dara as much as she could. Minzy told her that the only solution to solve a problem is to face the problem.

“Talk to the guy responsible for it Ms. Dara.” Minzy advised.

Dara who was fidgeting her fingers continued crying.

“No one can help you except him.”

“Do you think I can still get out from this situation?” she asked sniffing. Minzy gave her another box of tissue.

“Ms. Dara I don’t think you can still get out. The only thing you can do now is to make everything better.”

“But how can I make this better?!”

“That’s why I’m telling you to talk to the guy.”

“Do you think he’ll help me?”

“Your question will not be answered if you’ll not going to talk to him.” Minzy replied. “Facing difficult obstacles in life without solutions can really demoralize you.” She continued. “But Ms. Dara I think your problem still has solutions, you only need to do is find the ways how to solve it.”

 

 

 

Dara tried to file a sick leave for a week but Mr. Yang didn’t approve it because of the ongoing project that Dara was handling. She tried to please Mr. Yang but he asked her some proofs why she's filing a sick leave but of course Dara can’t just present a letter on them that say she’s pregnant. So because she has no choice she was obliged to go to their office no matter what. She has decided. She will talk to Kwon Jiyong.

Dara came first at the conference room though she felt drained she forced herself to attend this meeting. She waits there for Donghae & the Kwon Building & Construction representatives to have a final talk for the project.

Though her weekend is so damn bad and almost got her crazy she still forced herself to act normal as much as possible. Normal like forgetting that there’s something inside her stomach, normal like she feel okay even though being pregnant is damn making her suffer with strange unusual feelings.

She heard the door opened but she didn’t bother to look who entered the room, really making an effort to look normal.

"Good morning!" A very enthusiastic greeting roared the room. Dara got surprised on a sudden high volume of energy. Donghae took the seat beside her. She glanced at him in wonder. He was smiling widely and winked at her.

"How's your weekend Babe?" He asked while putting in place the documents on the table. “You came early.”

"I was late before. I don’t want to be unpunctual." She reasoned out. “And stop calling me babe. I’m engaged already."

Donghae clicked his tongue. "Babe you don’t need to remind me that because it’s like your slapping my face by saying that."

Dara sighed. Donghae is back to annoy the hell out of her again.

Someone cleared a throat. They both turned their heads and found out its Kwon Jiyong.

"Good Morning." He coolly greeted.

"Good Morning Mr. Kwon." Donghae cheerfully greeted back. "You came alone?" He followed a question.

"Yeah I came alone." Jiyong shortly answered and glanced at her but immediately looked away. Dara suddenly felt something weird. Jiyong sat down at her chair beside hers that made her stiffened. After a minute Mr. Yang entered the room already and they started the meeting.

.

.

.

.

“What are you talking about Mr. Kwon?” Mr. Yang agitatedly asked. There was an intense atmosphere inside the room.

"We’re not going to continue the project anymore." Jiyong repeated what he just said a while ago. Mr. Yang, Donghae and Dara stared at him in shocked. The color of their faces drained in an instant. Though backing out to the project is what really Jiyong’s plan from the very first start but doing this so early is not even gonna harm Dara at all. He can’t continue this anymore finding out that Dara was the girl he never wants to see anymore is what pushing him to decide things impromptu. “Don’t worry, we will return the budget and will pay for the damages that we made for cancelling the contract. We are sincerely apologizing for this inconvenience and I’m hoping for a kind consideration from your company.”

“Mr. Kwon?" Dara blurted out. “You cannot just scratch out this contract that easy! Everything is settled already.”

“We will accept your legal actions about this Ms. Sandara Park. We just can’t continue this project anymore.” Jiyong stated.

Dara sat in her office chair and massage her forehead. Though everything will be solve by just replacing Kwon Building & Construction Company with another construction company by holding a new bidding contest for the project it will still take time again. But that’s not the only problem that Dara was ordealing right now. Her pregnancy is what disturbing her and she needs to do something about this already and that is to talk about it to the guy who’s responsible for it.

She looks at her phone and went to her contacts and stared at his name on the screen. After a minute she just realized herself dialing his number already.

Ring Ring Ring

"What?" Jiyong answered which makes Dara startled.

"Mr. Kwon…" She blurted in a low voice.

“It’s already our final decision…………”

“No, I’m not going to talk about the business.” She said cutting his sentence.

Jiyong paused for a moment.

“Mr. Kwon you need to know something." She continued.

“About what?” he curiously asked.

"I can’t talk about it through phone." She replied.

Jiyong went silent getting curious. "Let’s talk in person." She said.

“Are you sure this is not about the business?” He asked in assurance.

“Yeah.” She simply replied.

"Okay. Wait for me at Andhere Coffee Shop. I'll be there at 6." He said.

Dara agreed and waited for the office hour to end. She immediately went to the coffee shop and it happened that it was the place where she hit his motorbike also. Dara arrived at the coffee shop early so she ordered a hot chocolate first and a slice of bread. She loves the smell of it and that made her want to order another cup.

She looked at her watch, 30 minutes has passed already. He’s late. She decided to call him but his not answering his phone. Dara’s patience suddenly dropped down. If he'll runaway she's definitely going to find and kill him.

Every time the wind chimes dangled she can’t help to look at the entrance door of the coffee shop. Expecting that it was him already. But no, he’s still not there yet. The guy is now giving her an irritating vibes. She held her cup tightly ready to pour everything to Kwon Jiyong’s face as soon as he arrives.

She felt that she’s waiting like forever, she already ordered three hot chocolate and she consumed everything until the last zip. She didn’t even bother what will be the side effects of it to a pregnant woman like her.

Until the wind chime suddenly sounds differently and that’s the time she laid her eyes to his annoying face.

"Hey!" He said coolly while having his way towards her.

"That’s it?" at this moment she really wanted to scratch his face using her fingernails heartlessly.

He raised his right eyebrow at her.

"You made me wait here for an hour and you'll just say "Hey!"?"

He smirked. He called the waiter and ordered a cappuccino frappe. "Let’s talk what we need to talk." He said ignoring Dara's annoyance.

She bit her lower lip to suppress the anger she's feeling.

"So what now?" He asked. "What do you want us to talk about?"

Dara took a deep breath first and said. "It’s a big problem.” Jiyong tilted his head in curiosity. “Go on and tell me.” He said wanting to know what she’s going to say about. Dara stared at him thinking if how she’s going to start. Then the cappuccino frappe that Jiyong ordered arrived but he just let it be there untouchable on top of the table, because he’s patiently waiting for her to talk.

"I’m pregnant." She finally uttered that almost cracked her voice out.

A moment of silent. Jiyong just stared at her with a blank unidentified face. "I found out about this when I had a checked up three days ago because I feel something strange about my health condition these past few weeks.” She explained.

"Are you sure?" He instantaneously asked.

"Yes. I had a test with the doctor."

He didn’t say anything.

“I’m telling you this because I don’t know what to do.” She honestly said with a quavering voice. “I want you to help me get out from this.” Tears suddenly stained her cheeks. “My father will disown me once he discovers about my pregnancy, and I don’t want that to happen.”

Jiyong glanced back at her. His eyes darted to the tears dripping down to her rosy cheeks. He’s not heartless to just let her suffer alone while carrying the baby inside her. Although he’s still not sure if that baby she’s carry is truly his.

"How sure are you that it is mine?" He adamantly asked. Dara clenched her teeth and turned balled her fist over the table and he saw that.

"Really sure.” She strongly replied. “First, I don’t have a boyfriend……….. And you're the only guy who did this to me and you’re the first and last since that night" The tone of anger is clearly mixing at her voice. “So there’s no reason for me to doubt that this is not yours.” Jiyong looked down at his untouched cappuccino and stayed silent. He doesn’t know what to say. What to react. He was confused.

After a minute he talked. “Let’s hide this for a while don’t say anything to anyone about your pregnancy.”

Dara furrowed. "You know we can’t hide this forever. Sooner or later I will be having a swollen stomach."

"Just give me time to think. I will make a plan." He replied.

“Plan?"

He looked at her determinedly. “I’m sorry Sandara.” He said. “But I can’t really take the full responsibility for that child. I have my life too and I can’t give it up like that. I have a girlfriend and I love her so much.”

Dara stared back at him and a small fake smile appeared on her face. “I understand you Mr. Kwon because I also have my own life. I have an egocentric father and I’m already engaged. I just need your help about this matter because I don’t know what to do anymore.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wooooooooooosh woooooooosh!