CHAPTER 10: EXPECTATION

Your Love Hits The Bullseye
 

@ ANDHERE CAFE

Dara waited at the Café. She brought the luggage with her already to give it back to Kwon Jiyong. As much as she wanted to order a cup of hot chocolate she restrained herself because she was penniless. She just sad that her cravings are not treated well because she needs to stop herself to spend money while she doesn’t have any source of it yet.

"Hey." The familiar voice greeted her. Dara looked up and she saw him. At last. He arrived wearing a suit and tie. He came from work? In Saturday?

“Hello.” Dara fairly replied while giving him a small smile. “You came from work?” She asked.

“Yeah…urgent meeting.” He simply answered. Jiyong noticed that she become thinner and dark circles are very visible under her eyes. She looked terrible. She was wearing a dark blue blouse, cardigan and jeans. He felt pity towards her. This might be the reason why she doesn’t show up. She looks ill.

“Wassup?” He asked while having his seat in front of her.

"Not really fine."

“It’s obvious.” He murmurs. Dara looked down to her hands. “It’s been weeks……that you don’t showed up. We’ve been trying to contact your phone but it’s off. Donghae has been checking your place every now and then but you’re not there. So we thought you went out of the country.”

“I didn’t go anywhere. I don’t want to leave my father here. I just don’t show up because I’m scared, I’m ashamed.”

“Scared of what?” He cocked his eyebrows.

“Scared on how people will look at me.” Her voice is softly sad. “Like what you’re doing right now. I can see it on your eyes.”

Jiyong frowned.

“Do I look that pitiful already?” She asked in a low unconfident voice.

A sudden pause occurred between them.

“You want hot chocolate?” He suddenly offered drifting the topic. Dara glanced at him hesitating.

“My treat.” He added.

Her cheeks tint in pink. “One cup please.” She said shyly. Jiyong ordered a cup of hot chocolate and a coffee. Dara notice the change of liking. “You don’t want cappuccino frappe anymore?” She curiously asked.

“Just want to try something new.” He answered. “Anyways, Donghae keeps bugging me about you. That guy is annoying the hell out of me. He thinks I’m lying that I don’t know where you are.” He complained. “Does he even know how to stop?”

Dara chuckled, remembering Donghae but the sound of it is not as genuine as before in Jiyong’s ears now. “He’s always like that.” She said.

Jiyong sighed and shook his head. “Okay. So what do you want us to talk about?” He curiously asked.

“First I want to give back to you your luggage” Jiyong darted his eyes to the luggage beside her. Yes it is his luggage. “Second, I’m going to ask a favor.” She added. He looked back to her. “What favor?”

A sudden pinch inside him occurred. He becomes nervous and Dara noticed the change of expression in his face.

“Don’t worry it’s not about the baby.” She assured him.

Guilt twisted Jiyong’s features. “What? I didn’t say anything.” He sounds affected. Dara looked down and discomfortingly bit her lip. “Just tell me your favor.” He adverted.

“Uhmm……Give me a job.” She said. Jiyong stared at her. “I want a job and I need one. I tried to apply to other companies but they don’t consider my application with them. I think they'd know I’m Park Jinyoung’s daughter.” She looked at his reaction but it was impassive. “I don’t really know where to go now.” She added. “I just want to start over again.”

He stared at her for a while. Then, he took his coffee in the table in front of him and had a sip on it. “Okay.” He said. “May I know what position are you applying for?”

“Anything.”

“Anything?” He tilted his head.

“I don’t really care now about the position. I just want a job.”

“Ms. Park, If this is an initial interview your answer will fail you.”

“I’m sorry. I just felt desperate now. I need to live.” She answered openly.

Jiyong look like he was thinking something then after a minute “Okay.” He muttered. “I’ll contact you once we have available position that fits you.” He informed her.

Dara felt hope. “Thanks Mr. Kwon. I'm looking forward.” He nodded in response.

Jiyong offered Dara a ride to drop her home. The whole drive was so quiet and awkward.

The past weeks, he tried to contact her and even tried to get information to Donghae about her but that guy didn’t know where she was either and even bugging him about his suspicions that his hiding Sandara Park from him. The hell he’s so annoying. So Jiyong thought Dara already left the country. He somehow quite relieve with the thought that she went away because honestly, a part of him wanted her to leave. He knows it’s wrong to feel that way because she’s carrying his own child………but he can’t stop himself to think from freeing himself from that big responsibility that never in his life he ever wanted. Who would think a guy like him will be having a child with the girl he doesn’t even love? It’s a mistake that he never wish to happen.

But honestly, Jiyong still think about Sandara Park if only things go on with the flow. If Only. After his break up with Bom it fairly crossed his mind that he wants to support the baby and just accept it as his own, he’s not that heartless to ignore her but unfortunate things twisted again without his control.

Things are just so naturally unpredictable for him.

When he decided to forced himself to accept that Bom is in love with Seunghyun already things happen unpredictably for him. Things turned out so cruel. He was in the process of moving on when he heard the news about Seunghyun’s extended marriage. He was in shoked that the guy that Bom choose over him is still having his marriage anytime soon. So he can’t stop thinking about Bom. Of course he knows she’s the very first person that will be affected by that news. He felt she’s in pain and that thought is making him go insane. He was so worried that he can’t focus in anything. He was lost thinking about her. He’s losing control. So he went and looked for her to stop his distress and anxiety.

He knows he should be staying away from her to move on but his uncontrolled feelings made its way for Bom. What can he do? He’s still in love with her and he hates thinking she's not okay.

He was saddened when he found Bom in tears, the news about Seunghyun’s extended marriage broke her apart again. She’s hurt and it hurts him too. Seeing the girl he loves cry because of someone else. Oh man that is painful. And because of that, he can’t just close his eyes and ignore it. She was suffering alone and it's an ache that literally hurts his chest. So he just finds himself that he needs to be with her. Again.

He offered comfort to Bom but she tried pushed him away. He was hurt but he can’t endure her drowning herself alone. So he stayed no matter what. She needs someone that will comfort her and since Seunghyun was not there he entered the scene to wipe her tears. “I’m here as a friend Bom.” He reasoned out. His intention is to be her shoulder to cry on but he can’t deny it that he’s expecting something from it deep in his heart. Something about chance but he kept it to himself knowing Bom’s feelings for him already changed.

He was trying so hard to let her go. He was trying so hard to forget her. He was trying not to think of her, but honestly he cannot because he honestly doesn’t want too.

Bom is his guilty pleasure.

He doesn’t receive love from her anymore, but he never stops looking for it.

@ KWON RESIDENCE

He went straight home after dropping Dara home. Kwon Jiyong is staying at their house every weekend and in his condo every weekday. Right after he stepped in inside their house a delicious smell lingered to his nose. A smile creped on his face and he automatically walked his way to their kitchen.

“I’m home.” He said peeking at his mother. Mrs. Kwon looked up and saw her beloved son. She smiled motherly at him. “What’s for dinner?” He asked and walked towards her mother who was chopping garlic. “Chicken BBQ.” She answered in a soft tone.

“I love that. I miss the food you cook mom.” He gleefully said. His mom chuckled. “I know. How are you?” She asked him picking another piece of garlic from the basin and chopped it again.

“Hmmm. Fine.” He answered.

Mrs. Kwon halted and looked up to her son. “Sounds not.” She noticed. “Is there problem again?”

Jiyong smirked. “I can handle it mom.”

“I heard about Bom. How is she?” She asked unwavering. She knows everything happened between his son and Bom. He flushed to her mother and shook his head unbelievably. Mrs. Kwon is so straight forward.

“She’s not really fine.” He replied disquietly.

His mother looked worried. “She needs someone to lean on.”

“I know mom. That’s why I came to her.”

“You still love her.”

“Of course. But she doesn’t love me anymore so I need to let her go because that will make her happy.”

Mrs. Kwon felt the pain in the eyes of his son. “Is that okay with you?”

“What can I do mom? You can’t really teach the heart.” He said, low spirited.

Mrs. Kwon nodded, understanding what her son meant. “But do you think there’s still a chance for the both of you to get back together? I mean the Choi guy is not around anymore. He’s going to get married.” He gazed at his mother and his thought screamed. ‘Yes mom I want to believe we still have a chance to get back together.’ that’s what he wanted to say but “No.” He breathes out. “I don’t see that coming anymore.” He uttered instead, that ripped his heart into two once again. How to stop this kind of pain? Deep inside him he still expects but he don’t want his mother to contemplate those things anymore. He will just let himself expect things that he wanted to happen and suffer alone the effect of it in the end. He doesn’t need to drag her mother in the expectation that is not certain.

Mrs. Kwon shook her head. “I still can’t believe Bom let you go and choose someone else.”

Jiyong pressed his lips into a hard line. He sighed. “Mom let’s stop talking about this.” It’s hurting him.

“I just don’t understand. She looked happy when she was with you and then suddenly…….”

“People change mom.” He blurted out.

“Does she love that guy so much that she chooses him over you?”

Jiyong chest constricted in pain, that’s the thought that keeps hurting him and his mother is just saying it like it doesn't affect him. “She already left me mom and it means she really love that guy.”

“But Why? It confused me……Why she choose that Choi over my son.” She frustratingly said. Holding the knife in a tight grip and that caught Jiyong's attention. He sighed and went to his mother side and grabbed the knife from her hand and started chopping the garlic himself. “Tell her I miss her so much.” Mrs. Kwon continued while watching her son.

Jiyong nodded. His parents approved Bom so much especially his mother. When they are still together Jiyong always bringing Bom at their house and because of that Mrs. Kwon and Bom always spend weekends together. So when they broke up Mrs. Kwon was the most affected by it and until now she was longing to see Bom again.

“I want to cook with her again.” His mom uttered with pure sadness in her tone. “Ahh Jiyong…” Her face brightened looks like she have an idea in mind. “…..can you do me a favor?” She asked. He glanced at his mother questionably. “I know she’s heartbroken with all the things happening to her now and I want her to feel comforted. So I’m going to cook for her. If you don’t mind can you hand me the food to her?”

Jiyong smiled and nodded. “Of course. We broke up but we’re still friends.”

“Thank you son…..” Mrs. Kwon cares her son’s head. “….and asked her to come here too. Tell her nothings change even if you two already broke up. Arasso?”

He nodded. “Yes mom.” And shortly replied.

After dinner, Jiyong’s father talked to him about the topic about the urgent meeting they have this morning. The topic is about the sustained contract with the Hotel Casino Project of the Choi and the Lee which was formerly called the Choi & Park project. The Choi’s sustained the contract with them though the project was delayed already because of the termination of the contract between the Choi and Park family. The businessmen decided to keep on the project with their company and the senior Mr. Kwon was very overwhelmed that the project is still entrusted with them because this is the biggest break for their company to be known internationally as a construction company that’s why they can’t just let it go.

After the talk, Jiyong tiredly went to his bed. He stared at the ceiling.

His parents were always praised for having a son like him. He never did they make them disappointed. He always the perfect son and he’s proud of it but thinking what he was hiding is killing his pride as a Kwon. He got a girl pregnant and he wants to runway. He shriveled his hair in frustration. His parents’ disappointed face popped on his mind. He doesn’t want to see those faces in real life.

And the other fact that if he was going to accept the baby he will lose the chance for Bom and that’s what stopping him to do the right thing. Of course his intelligent mind knows the right thing to do but his broken and expectant heart was afraid to the consequences that will happen. He will lose Bom forever. He still refused to accept this.

Sunday

“Give these cupcakes to Bom.” Mrs. Kwon held a paper bag to him with the cupcakes she baked this morning. Jiyong reached for it, kissed the cheek of his mother and left. He drove his newly repaired motorbike.

He arrived at Bom’s apartment and pressed the doorbell. The door opened and he was welcomed by her mother carrying her four year old son. Jiyong smiled at her and glanced at the cute little boy. “Jiyong you’re here. Come in.” Her mother invited him and he politely entered the apartment. “She’s at her room.” She said. Jiyong glanced at her flustered. “Is that okay?” He asked worriedly because of course they broke up and has no right already to enter that room.

Her mother just smiled and nodded. Jiyong bowed at her politely and mouthed thanks at her. He walked towards Bom’s room. He knocked first and she heard her said. “Come in.” He turned the knob to open. He makes his first step entering her room. ‘Oh memories’

Bom was busily doing her homework at her study table. “What….” She stops when her eyes land on Jiyong. “Oh. You’re here.” She awkwardly uttered.

“Yeah.” He said while entering her room and he sat on the right edge of her bed. Bom looks okay compared before. After a week of comforting her while she’s in grief, he can finally at least see a smile at her face now. “My mom wants me to give this to you.” He moved his arms at her straightly giving the paper bag.

“Your mom?” her eyes lit up. He nodded. “Omo!” She stood up and grabbed the paper bag from him. “What’s this?” She excitedly asked and checked the paper bag.

“Cupcakes.”

“Ahhhh” She felt grateful. “Please tell her my thank you, Jiyong.” Her eyes tell her appreciation and that made Jiyong smile.

“I will.” He said. “And mom said she wanted you to come over the house. She just missed you so much.”

Bom blinked at Jiyong and sighed. She sat back to her chair. “Jiyong you don’t know how I miss Mr. & Mrs. Kwon too.”

“So you’re coming?” He wondered, he can’t deny he feel excited about it.

“Well……..I don’t think I can…….for now.” She reluctantly murmured.

“Why?” He furrowed at her.

“I know your mom well. She asked question so straightforwardly.”

“So you’re afraid with her interrogation?”

"Yeah and worried and guilty at the same time………….because my answers might hurt them.”

Jiyong chuckled but it’s fake. “Truth really hurts.” He can’t stop the bitterness in his throat. ‘Damn Kwon Jiyong Stop Yourself’ He scolded himself in thought.

Bom pouted. “Do they hate me because I hurt you?”

His face becomes serious. He stared at her and honestly said. “No. They don’t hate you.”

“Are they disappointed with me?” She followed another question.

“Not really. They just don’t understand why you left me knowing that you look happy when you’re still with me.”

Bom’s stiffened and felt the guilt once again.

“I’m sorry.”

“Urghh how many times I’m going to hear that from you Bom? Huh? It’s okay now. We’re friends and that’s enough.” He voiced out.

“I just can’t stop myself saying that.”

Jiyong sighed while shaking his head.

"By the way, tell your parents that…..” She looked down at her fingers. “I really miss them too but I can’t visit them now. Please tell them that I will see them but not now. I just can’t take to look in their eyes Jiyong. I love your family but….”

“……but the fact that you don’t love me anymore stopping you to see them?”

Bom narrowed her eyes at him. “Not really.” She said. “Jiyong I still love you……as a friend. I’m just not ready to face your parents with this situation I have right now. It just feel that I'm hurting them too.”

“I know.” He said almost whisper. His heart is ripping again. As a friend. God how to stop this?

“How’s Seunghyun?” He changed the topic but he regretted it after.

“I received an email from him last night.” She said. Jiyong stiffened but he tried his best to look normal. “He said to wait because he will fight for us.” She continued. “I know he’s having a hard time right now. Knowing that he’s still fighting is giving me courage to fight too. So I’m going to wait. I believe in him.”

Jiyong bit his tongue inside until it bleeds. It hurts him. She believes in him and she’s waiting. His expectation is slowly crashing down.

“Good for Seunghyun and you.” He managed to say even though he really wanted to punch a wall right now to release the pain excruciating in every part of his body.

Bom smiled at him. “Thank you Jiyong.”

“Can we eat the cupcakes?” Jiyong suddenly asked, Bom looked at him bewildered and chuckled right after. “Okay.” Bom replied sweetly and opened the paper bag to get the cupcakes out. He just wants to divert their conversation into something lighter so that at least it will let his heart at rest for a while.

While eating the delicious cupcakes, Bom then asked Jiyong about the apartment owned by the Kwon’s where her family is living right now. Bom felt that it is not right to accept things from Kwon Jiyong anymore since they broke up already so she confronted him about it now.

“My family thought of living the apartment but we don’t think we can find a new place immediately so for the meantime we will pay for the rent.” Bom said. Jiyong’s expression becomes dark.

“You don’t need too.” His voiced is strong.

“But I don’t think it’s right to……”

“Stop.” He cutted her sentence. “I already gave this apartment to you. You don’t need return it.” He sternly said.

“But Jiyong….”

“Take it as my help Bom. You don’t have to return everything I gave you just because we broke up already. I gave that to you so it will hurt me more if you return everything.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I told you stop saying that.” Jiyong frustratingly uttered.

“Opps.” Bom giggled.

After eating dinner at Bom’s apartment Jiyong went straight to his condominium unit. He felt so tired and drained. Why? His heart never rest from pain after Bom and him broke up. Eating dinner with her family a while ago felt nostalgic. Happy memories are always the most painful.

After shower he looked at the clock and it says nine in the evening. He walked to his kitchen and drinks water then moved to his room. His eyes then darted to the luggage that Sandara returned to him last day. He remembered her asking for a job. He sighe remembering how she looked like yesterday. He thought for a minute and then picked up his phone and dialed her number. It was answered right away. He smirked thinking she was waiting for his call.

“Hello?”

“Ms. Sandara Park.”

“Yes?” and they talked. He asked her to go to his office around nine tomorrow morning not telling her any details. The girl agreed without any questions.

NEXT DAY

Dara woke up early and prepared herself for meeting Kwon Jiyong today. She was actually expecting that she’s finally getting a job and she’s nervously anticipating it. She already has a chance to start her new life and she felt happy about it.

She put on a simple make up enough to cover her stress face and she wore her business attire she found in her closet, a chiffon tank inside her pleated blazers and a skirt up to her knees. She noticed that all her clothes are not fit on her waist line anymore because her tummy is starting to bloat already. ‘Four months’ she pressed a hard line on her lips thinking about the baby inside her. She doesn’t know what to do with it actually. She sighed. No plans for now.

Dara arrived at the Kwon Construction Company building at eight thirty in the morning though he said nine but of course as an applicant she needs to go earlier. She was about to call him but she found out that her phone was not with her. “Oh ! I forgot my phone” She scratched her head. She was into rush and was excited to go there.

She went straight to the front desk and asked the receptionist instead. She told the blonde one that she has an appointment to Mr. Kwon Jiyong today. The receptionist called to the vice president’s office first to confirm. After the call the receptionist looked at her in wonder. “The vice president’s secretary said you don’t have any scheduled appointment with Mr. Kwon today. Please clarify your schedule of appointment first Ms. Park.” Ms. Blondie advised.

“Huh? Are you sure?” Dara puzzled. Too bad she doesn’t have any evidence that she really had a scheduled appointment with Mr. Kwon now. She freaking forgot her phone. “But he called me last night to come here.” She insisted trying her hope to convinced Ms. Blondie but a frown appeared in her face. “Our Vice President will inform his secretary if you have a schedule today Ms. Park but it happens that you don’t have any appointments at all. Just go and come back in the other day.”

Dara sighed she talks rude. “Can I at least have a talk to Mr. Kwon through phone?” she tried again. “I’m sure that I have an appointment with him today.”

Ms. Blondie glared at her in annoyance. “No. we’re not allowed to do that.”

“Please. I need to talk to him it’s about my job application.” She was desperate already.

Ms. Blondie flushed at her. “Are you an applicant?” She asked. Dara nodded. Her jaw dropped. Dara wondered the reaction and Ms. Blondie chuckled. “For your information Ms. Park you’re not allowed to meet the vice president unless you pass our career application process first. Why you want to talk to our vice president if you’re only applying for a job?” She sounds really rude. Dara twitched her lips. “Here, fill this up and go straight to third floor instead.” Blondie gave her a paper. Dara reached for it and read. ‘Application Form’.

“Oh. Thanks.” She said in amusement. She heard Ms. Blondie and the other woman beside her giggled. ‘Are they laughing at me?’ she thought while eyeing them. “Geez. They don’t believe me that Kwon Jiyong called me for an appointment. Tsk.” She muttered at herself and left. “You will see.” Dara hissed.

Dara went up to third floor and she gaped when a lot of applicants are waiting for their interviews there too. She took the empty seat at the corner of the room and started filling up the application form that the receptionist gave to her. She got nervous when the calling of applicants already started. Since she never had experience to be interviewed for a job before because after graduation she worked for her father already, her palms are starting to sweat.

"Hi." Someone greeted her. “Hello.” She replied but she didn’t try to glanced to the person greeted her because she was too busy answering the application form.

“You look nervous.” The guy noticed her trembling hands.

“Yes. It’s my first job interview.” She answered.

“Ohhhh Really? You’re a fresh graduate too?”

Dara felt flattered. It means she looks younger. “No.” She shook her head. “I’m resigned.” She looked up at to him and smiled. The guy look perplexed at her but she just shrugged it off not really in the mood explaining herself at him.

“My name is Park Chanyeol by the way.” He introduced himself while offering a shake hand.

“Sandara Park.” She shook his hand for a sec and back answering her application form. He smiled at her. “What position are you applying for?” He asked again not really noticing that he was disturbing her.

“Huh?” Dara sounds annoyed already since she can’t concentrate on her application form with this guy talking to her.

“Why you left your previous company?” He asked once more. “Are you an architect or engineering graduate?” He followed another question. This boy is now getting on her nerves! Holy cow he talks so much.

Dara just gave him a fake smile. “I’ll talk to you later I need to finish this." She frankly said while showing the unfinished paper to him. “Oh sorry.” He blurted out. He finally realized that he was disturbing someone. Dara rolled her eyes but he didn’t see it.

After filling up the application form he asked Chanyeol. “Where am I going to pass this application form?” The boy seems so happy that she talked to him again. He energetically instructed Dara and she complied. “…….now you all have to do is wait for your turn for the initial interview.” He lastly said. She nodded in understanding.

Dara regretted sitting beside this guy named Chanyeol. He talks so much that she refused to understand what he is talking about and just concentrate on other things like nervousness. Though she was confident with her work experience she is so worried about her personal background. She just hopes that Mr. Kwon will give her a chance for this because she badly needed a job.

It’s already 10am but her name was still not called and she’s getting bored. The guy named Chanyeol has his interview done same as the other applicants already. She then felt anxious about this. "Why you’re not called yet?" Chanyeol asked in wonder. “I think everyone here is waiting for the exam."

"Really?" Dara worriedly turned to Chanyeol.

"Why not asked the staffs about your application?" He suggested and Dara complied. She stood up and talk to one of the staff who was calling the applicants "Excuse me miss. Why I’m still not called for my initial interview?" she asked the staff and her eyebrows are very sharp and it intimidate Dara. ‘She looks a terror teacher LOL.

“May I know your name please?” Ms. Sharp eyebrows asked with a sharp tone not glancing up to her just focusing on the papers she was holding. His employees really have bad manner problems.

“Sandara Park.” She still replied politely.

Ms. Sharp eyebrows glanced up to her and Dara noticed the sudden changed of her expression at her face upon hearing her name. “Ms. Sandara Park.” She pursed her lips before talking. She looked down to the papers she was holding again. “Ms. Park I’m sorry to inform you that we cannot conduct your initial interview today.” She looked up. “Initial interviews are up to ten in the morning only. Just wait for our call for your new schedule. You can go now.”

Dara furrowed. “B-but why?” before she could stop she blurted it out already.

She raised her sharp eyebrow. Uh-Oh. It was so sharp and dark. Weird. Dara wanted to giggle but she restrained herself. “We don’t have time for you today already Ms. Park.” Ms. Sharp eyebrows stingily said.

“But I’m already here at eight thirty. I passed my application form the same time with the others here but they got interviewed. How come I didn’t?” Dara was trying to control herself but failed. The applicants’ attention was diverted at their place. She can’t let this opportunity go. Job is what we’re talking about here.

“Ms. Park….” Ms. Sharp eyebrows frowned. “This is a workplace refrain your bad manners.”

“What’s wrong in asking?” She answered back.

“I already told you to wait for our call.”

“I understand but give me a valid reason first for not giving me my initial interview today.” Dara sternly said.

“I told you it’s already time.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“Ms. Park please go or else.”

“Or else what?” She fearlessly blurted.

“I’ll call security.”

Dara glared at her. Why are they treating her like she’s irrelevant? “Give me a valid reason first! Once you do that. I’ll leave!” Dara don’t stop.

“Don’t insist Ms. Park.” Her voice has a warning.

But Dara stayed there, waiting. Ms. Sharp eyebrows started dialing at the phone. She called the security. Dara gulped but she remained strong standing at her place while glaring at the woman with the evil eyebrows. Two security guards came. Dara felt scared of course but she doesn’t show it. “Bring this girl outside.” Ms. Sharp eyebrows instructed.

“No!” Dara yelled she can’t take it anymore. “I’m not coming. Why are you treating me unfairly here? This is inhuman!”

“Watch your words Ms. Park. We have reasons for not accepting you here.” She blurted out and that caught Dara’s attention. “Now if you still want your privacy get out of this place already.” She threatened her.

Dara was taken aback. “This is not right! You can’t accept me here? Why?”

“Yes! You heard it right we’re not accepting your application.” She frankly said and what’s annoying is her chin was up.

“And that’s because?” Dara bit her lip.

“Do you really want me announced it here?........” She heard the other applicants murmured. Dara stayed silent, waiting for what she’s going to say. “……….we’re not accepting people who have convicted family.”

Dara’s lips partly open they can’t accept her because her father has a murder case and filed as guilty by the court. Everyone in this industry knows it. “Now get out of here.” Ms. Sharp eyebrows sharply said and signaled the security guards to bring Sandara outside. “I’m not going!” Dara avoided the hold of the security guards but she has no fight. They started holding her arms and Dara struggled vigorously. Then the guards grips on her arms tightened and it made her winced. They are so strong.

“Let go of her.” A sudden manly voice intervened the scene. Gasped from the applicants was heard. Dara then turned her head where the familiar voice came from. It’s like her heart pumped two liters of blood in one beat.

“Mr. Kwon.” Ms. Sharp eyebrows stiffened seeing her boss standing at the entrance. She immediately bowed her head followed by the two security guards. “I said let her go.” He sharply said while glaring the two security guards who still have their grip on Dara’s arms.

The two immediately ungrasp their hands at her arms. They look scared because of the dark glare they are receiving from Mr. Kwon. It’s like digging their souls.

“What’s happening here?” he then glanced at Ms. Sharp eyebrows. Dara noticed her trembled at Mr. Kwon’s voice and eyes.

“S-sir this girl insisting to be interviewed today.” She answered while her head is bowed down. “I told her that we’re just going to call her for the new schedule since we don’t have time for her already because we have a cut off.” She answered with her head hanging low.

“You don’t have time….?” Dara interfered glaring at Ms. Sharp eyebrows. “You’re lying. You don’t want me to have the interview because you all judging me for having a convicted father.” She tenaciously said now not really ashamed to announce it.

She turned to Dara with her evil eyebrows. “You don’t understand Ms. Park. We have standards to follow here for our applicants.” She answered back.

“Who put that standard on?” Jiyong asked his staff impassively.

“Mr. Kwon we do background check on every applicants and we found out she’s Park Jinyoung’s daughter.” Another intake of breath was heard from the applicants.

“So?” Kwon Jiyong raised his so intimidating eyebrow that killed and washed out those sharp eyebrows of the woman.

“Mr. Kwon, it’s for the protection of our company’s image and…...”

“You’re fired.” He cutted her sentence. Her eyes grew wide in shocked. “M-Mr. Kwon but…” She stuttered. “I-I’m just doing my job.”

“I think you’re doing your job very badly. You can now start packing your things and go.”

“But Mr. Kwon…”

“Bring her outside this building now.” He ordered the two security guard and they complied. Ms. Sharp eyebrows jaw dropped on the floor. Her eyes are so big because of the shocked. She just lost her job like that.

“And you Ms. Sandara Park.” Jiyong turned to her, and their eyes met. “Do you know what time is it already? I told you to come to my office at nine.” Dara stared at Jiyong dumbstruck.

___________________

Jiyong entered his office followed by Sandara Park. “Take your seat.” He said and made his way to his leather chair. She complied and sat at the right chair in front of his desk. Jiyong ed his suit and tagged it down slightly before sitting. Sandara watched him.

“And why you’re at the third floor of my building?” he asked. She was lucky that his secretary told him about her a while ago and his receptionist informed him the girl named Sandara Park was at the third floor. “I said to come over at my office at nine. Right?”

Dara looked down to her hands. “I was directed at the third floor by your receptionist. Your employees don’t believe me that you called for an appointment today.”

“Oh” A realization hit him that he forgot to inform his staffs about this appointment with her today. He cleared his throat. It’s his fault. His cheek flamed. He wanted to scold himself for that mistake. He hates mistakes in his workplace. But he chose to shrug it off. He was just pre-occupied with so many things these days. “Okay at least now you’re here.” He said instead.

“Here’s my resume.” Sandara gave it to him and he glanced at it for a while before reaching it. He scanned her two page resume.

“Quite impressive Ms. Park.” He uttered still eyes on the paper. “But…….” He looked up at her. “I wanted you to know that this is a construction company and your course doesn’t fit any available position we have for now. We’re looking for architects and engineers. I hope you don’t mind.”

She stared at him. “So what’s the purpose for calling me here?” She didn’t understand why he even called her if this is what he was going to say.

Jiyong sighed. “I want to talk about our situation.” He said.

Dara furrowed. “What situation?”

“This. You being pregnant and me as the father.” He said impassively. Dara didn’t let her eyes escape from him.

“Tell me.” She said in a low voice.

“I want this to be cleared.”

She tilted her head at him. “Cleared?”

“I am in a very difficult situation right now.” He gazed at her. “I was torn between that child you’re carrying and with my love for Bom.”

She looked at him in awe. “I thought you let go of Bom already?”

Oh boy, this man is having a hard time to moved on.

“I did but……I just find myself running back at her again.”

“What?” She gaped.

“I can’t let go of her Sandara. I love her.”

“But she doesn’t love you anymore.”

“Then I will make her love me again.”

“How?”

“In my own ways.”

Dara shook her head slowly at him. “You’re ruining yourself Jiyong……and Bom. I believe Seunghyun will fight for her.”

“I know but their relationship’s future is not yet clear.”

“You’re still expecting her to come back to you?”

“Yes and I will wait.”

“What if Seunghyun won the fight for her? What will you do then?”

“Then that’s the time for me to let go…..as easy as that.” He uttered. “But as long as Bom is not yet securely taken I’m staying right beside her. Quitely.”

“You’re just prolonging the pain inside you.”

“I don’t care. I’m just using the faith I have, even if it’s small. I still see a chance for us. I just feel that Seunghyun’s effort is still not enough for me to let her go. I already gave up Bom for him but he’s losing it now.”

“Does Bom know that you’re still expecting her to comeback from you?”

“No. She doesn’t know. No one knows except you.”

There’s something Sandara would want to say but she stop herself. She just wondered why Bom still letting Jiyong to feel this way towards her. Is this Jiyong choice? Or her choice? She was making everything hard for them.

She shook her head first and asked him. “Okay. So what do you want from me then?”

He stared at her in deep. “I want it to be a secret.” He said.

“Secret?”

“Don’t let anyone know that I’m the father of that child. Remember? I already asked you this before.”

She nodded. “I remember.”

“Good. I just want you to do that again. I will give you three reasons why I’m doing this.”

Dara just stared at him ready listen.

“First…..it’s because of my parents. Having with a stranger is not really good information to tell them about. I’m pretty sure that they’ll be disappointed with me. You know how does it feel right?”

Dara nodded. She badly knows how it feels. She always disappoints her father.

“Second, Bom will be hurt if she found out I got a girl pregnant while she knows I’m in love with her. She’s in pain right now so I don’t want to add more of it. And third, it’s not that I’m not ready to be a father yet. Actually I will love too but………….it’s different when you have it with the girl you don’t even love.”

Silence envelopes them. Jiyong waiting for her response.

“I understand Mr. Kwon. Especially the third one.” She finally uttered.

“Good.” Jiyong breathes out. “But don’t worry. I think about this and I know this will be hard for you too so I came out with an idea.”

“What idea?” She tilted her head curiously.

“While keeping your pregnancy secret I will support the baby.”

Dara stiffened. She just stared at him.

“I hope that will make everything okay?” Jiyong asked her.

“I have a question?” Dara blurted out warily.

“Tell me?”

“Are we going to hide this forever?”

Jiyong was taken back for second but still manage to reply “Yes….. but it can be no too. It’s a maybe.” He answered.

“What do you mean?”

“It is yes, if Bom come back to me and it is no, if this chance I’m expecting will not happen.”

“So hiding about the baby is all about Bom.”

“….and my parents. They love Bom, they even wish us to back together again.”

Dara bit her lower lip. “I see.”

“So let’s deal with this.”

Dara looked at him straight to the eye first. “Deal..." she said. "...but in one condition.”

“What condition?” He nervously wondered.

“You said support.”

“I did.”

“Please be specific with that word.”

“Support financially. Everything the baby needs I will give support.”

Of course it’s obviously financial support Dara what are you thinking?’ She scolded herself.

“That’s fair enough.” Dara voiced out.

“Yes I think. So what’s the condition?” He was curious about it.

Dara breathe in. “Give me a job.” She breathes out.

He stared at her for a moment. She has determination in her eyes that he thinks he can’t defeat.

"I already said I’m going to give you support. You don't need to work."

"Support for the baby but not with me. I need to work for myself too. Your responsibility is the baby not me."

Jiyong gaped at her.

“Since you fired your staff with the sharp eyebrows a while ago. Why not choose me to replace her?" Dara wittily suggested.

Jiyong looked at her unbelievably. He shook her hand and put his fingers in his chin. “Okay.” He simply said.

A wide smile appeared on Dara’s thin face. “Thank you Mr. Kwon. So when am I going to start?”

He raised his eyebrows at her, flustered. “So eager Ms. Park?”

“Yes. I need source for living.” She said and smirked.

Kwon Jiyong can’t do anything but accept Sandara Park in his company. His guilt pushed him to the edge. She’s carrying his own child and giving her support is the only way he can do for her.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hahahaha what do you think?

New subscribers thank you ^^