CHAPTER 21 : LOST IN HIS EYES

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

 

"Where have you been?" Jiyong asked. He was sitting at the couch near the bed. His legs are crossed and he was reading a book when Dara came in.

"I had a drink with Donghae." Dara replied looking at him.

“Drink?” He tilted his head as his forehead automatically wrinkled.

“Coffee and Tea.” Dara clarified. She then walked and put his shoulder bag at the closet. She felt his stare as she moves around the room.

“Seungri waited for you in the building’s parking lot and you have no idea how long.” his voice become drastic. “Why didn’t you inform him about your plan?”

Dara then felt guilty. “I’m sorry.” and that’s all she could say. She was so out of her mind today after a realization smacked her head hard. And that is……she's in love with him….with him who was now in front of her looking straight at her. It suddenly became so hard for her to look into his eyes when she’s already aware of what she really feels for him.

“Next time tell him what and where you’re going.” he annoyingly said.

“Did you scold him?” She asked as she suddenly felt worried about Seungri.

Jiyong didn’t answer and it gives Dara a hint that Seungri was reprimanded or worst chastised with this guy. Dara gets her towel when Jiyong stood up from the couch.

"You're leaving?" She asked, displeased.

"Yeah. Why? Do you have anything to say?"

Dara blinked at him first and shook her head while saying "No."

"Ok then Sleep early." he lastly said and about to leave when she stops him.

"Uhm wait." She gulped when he turned around and looked back at her again.

“What?” he asked.

"I love you." And that is what she wanted to say out loud but she didn't and she doesn’t want him to leave. So what she did is, she digs her brain to come up with something in her head to say something to him.

"Do you know where Seunghyun and Bom are?" and that’s the best thing she could think about this time other than saying what she really feels and it’s really not a good idea at all. It will just turn the atmosphere into intolerable one.

There's a pause before he answered "No." And his eyes become darker.

Dara hesitate to believe. “Are you sure?”

His lips pressed together into a hard line. “Don’t you believe me?” he tilted his head sideways. “You’re acting on a hunch on me.” He said.

“It’s just strange that they haven’t discovered yet about Seunghyun and Bom escape last night.” Dara said as she really wondered why. “I was expecting that Seunghyun’s parents are now looking for him.”

Jiyong smirked. “Maybe they still think that Seunghyun is with Chaerin until now.”

“That’s really strange.” Dara thought of it but she felt there’s something wrong about that “When they discovered about the escape for sure they will look for Chaerin first.” she added.

“Well they haven’t discovered yet and Chaerin already knows what to do. So don’t worry about it.”

“What she’ll do when Mr. and Mrs. Choi come to her to look for their son?”

Jiyong rolled his eyes. “She can lie Dara. Everything is going to be fine.”

Dara sighed. “I just wish Seunghyun and Bom are in a good place now.”

Jiyong didn’t give a comment on that.

“By the way….” She said, voice suddenly became low. Jiyong looked at her and waited. “…..can I have my salary in advance?”

Jiyong furrowed at her. “And why? Don’t you have my ATM now?”

Dara looked down. “Uh-well. I thought those are for food and the baby and….and I was thinking to buy clothes for myself….and I think you need to know that…and…”

“Wait.” Jiyong cutted her stammering sentence and it made Dara lift her head up to look at him and their eyes met and she totally regrets it. That uncomfortable feeling was spreading over her again. “I already told you about this right?” He said, Dara slightly nodded, his brown eyes are like hypnotizing her but the upsetting part was the guy seems doesn’t have any idea what his eyes can do to her. “You can spend anything using the money I put in your ATM. Don’t need to ask me to get your salary in advance.” He said, brows are mashed.

“Okay got it.” Dara shortly replied almost breathless. She wanted to remove her eyes from him but she freaking can’t! “Thanks.” She blurted out trying hard not to fall on her knees as she felt it already weakened. His eyes have such an unnerving effect on her and she’s not sure if she’ll hate it or not. She just wished he can read what’s on her mind right now so that he’ll know the things that she can’t say out loud.

***

Friday

Dara his skirt hardly. But she’s excited because she has decided to buy clothes later after work and finished her suffering about her unfitted clothes anymore. But that’s not it! The real reason for the excitement she was having right now is because Jiyong will come with her later. She smiled at herself at the mirror and put some powder and lip gloss. “This day is gonna be good. Right?” She talked to herself through the mirror and she nodded in response.

Seungri arrived at the condo at 7:30 to drive Dara at KBCC. She just wished that time comes that it’s Jiyong who’s going to be with her on her way to work. The thought make her blush and giggled. “Hi Ms. Dara. You look happy.” Seungri suddenly interrupted her thoughts. She was standing in front of her unit’s door while imagining things that will make her go pink.

“Oh hello Seungri.” She greeted him back with a smile but she suddenly remembered. “I’m sorry about last night. I left without even informing you.”

Seungri took a deep sigh and shook his head. “That’s really not okay Ms. Dara. The near possibility of Mr. Kwon to kill me last night was undeniably scary. And that was after telling him that you’re not with me and you’re missing.”

Dara pouted. “I really am sorry.”

“I really have thought that I’m going to have my last breathe last night.” He said with an awe expression while remembering what happened to him. “That scares me to death.”

“What did he do to you?” Dara checked on Seungri worriedly.

“Well…He just yelled at me.” Dara felt guilty and she can’t look at Seungri’s eyes.

“It’s okay.” Seungri shortly said but he noticed her remorseful face so he said something so that she won’t feel bad about him anymore. “Everything’s okay now.” He added. “Trust me Ms. Dara. Yelling is not the worst thing Mr. Kwon could do. I told you I thought he’s going to kill me but luckily he did not.” Dara glanced at him and he gave her a winked while smiling. “I’m fine.”

Seungri and Dara had their way to the KBCC building and after two minutes of silence inside the car Dara asked. “Do you know why are you doing this?"

Seungri glanced at her for a second and looked back to the road with curled eyebrows. “What do you mean Ms. Dara?”

“Do you know why I am here? Attached to your boss?”

“Huh?” Seungri was confused on whatever Dara was talking about.

“I mean do you have any idea why your boss was doing this?” She said while focusing her eyes straight on the road too. “Do you know why I’m here? Do you know why your boss letting me sleeps in the unit beside his unit? Do you know why he’s ordering you random stuffs to do for me?”

Seungri glanced at Dara again but now with an open mouth and he chuckled after. “Curiosity can kill cat.” he muttered.

“Answer me.” Dara demanded. “I want to know if you know something about what’s going on between me and your boss.”

Seungri continued to chuckle while answering. "Well….Nothing.” He said.

“Nothing?”

“Yes Ms. Dara I know nothing. I’m just prolly doing whatever my boss orders me….instructs me….because it’s not my job to know more than what he tells me."

Dara bounced her back at the car seat and pouted. "Are you not curious to what your boss was hiding?"

Seungri smiled. "I am but as what I said curiosity can kill cat and I might lose my job."

***

Dara went straight to her desk and started doing her work. I will make him fall in love with me too. That line she said last night to Donghae was unintentional. She, herself can’t believe she blurted it out with her own mouth either. She sounds pathetic with that and she wanted to take it back but gladly it’s just Donghae who heard her absurdity. But when she thinks about making him fall in love with her is some kind the only solution she could think to end the mess she was in. She has his child in her womb. Is it the most appropriate to do? To love the father of her child?

When she glanced at the digital clock on her desk it says eleven forty five. Lunch time is coming and an idea popped to her mind. She took a deep breath and think of the first step to do to start her mission to make him fall for her. Then, a smile crept to her face and she opened her email and started typing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Mr. Kwon,

I would just like to invite you for a lunch out today. It’s good to hear if you say a YES.

Sincerely yours,

Dara Park

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And she hit send. She scrunched her face while re-reading what she just emailed to him. And she admits it! It sounds awful. She groaned in shame and really wanted to take back the email but she can’t do anything about it now. The only thing she could do is just bit her lip while waiting for his reply. And it was a nerve wrecking situation whether there is going to have a reply or really nothing.

After ten freaking minutes her inbox was empty with Mr. Kwon’s reply and in annoyance she closed the tab down. She sighed in disappointment and regretted the fact that she even ask him out. Now she felt ignored. But when she was about to lose hope and to decide to have a lunch alone her computer created a pinged sound. Dara’s heart then pounded as she was expecting that that message was from him. She moved her mouse and clicked the tab with her email. She swallowed hard as she checked her inbox. And a smile crept on her face once again as she read his reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Ms. Park,

Asking me out through email is ridiculous. Why you even do this? You should’ve called or text me. Where is the place?

Mr. Kwon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dara chuckled after reading it. So it is a yes! She then hit reply and started typing. She feels excited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Mr. Kwon,

If this is ridiculous then why you did still reply using email. You should’ve used your phone to call or text me. Anyways about the place, you decide because you’re the one who’s going to pay.

Sincerely yours,

Dara Park

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The smile never left her face as she hit enter to send the mail to Kwon Jiyong. She straightened up her back and waited for his reply but she was surprised by a sudden ring of her phone. She looked at the screen and it was his name she saw. Kwon Jiyong. She bit her lips to suppress the tingling that wants to come out from her entire body. After three rings she answered it. She tried to sound normal when she said “Hello”

“At my office. Now.” Jiyong hastily said and he hanged up right away. Dara was stunned after receiving a quick and rush call from him. That was unexpected she was actually expecting a giggling convo with him after their amusing emails but in her disappointment the call was just ordering her to go to his office immediately. And that’s it.

She sighed, then grabbed her purse and went to his office as what he told her. When she came his Secretary, Jessica was already not around. ‘Cause Lunch time. She knocks twice before turning the knob of his office door and let herself in. She saw him talking to his phone standing near the glass wall where there is an overlooking view of the city. His eyes narrowed and his forehead is wrinkled, looks like he’s having a serious talk with someone. She walked towards his desk and sat on the chair. His eyes found her but he didn’t acknowledge her presence instead he continued his business convo in his phone.

“I said no. That is crucial.” He authoritatively said. “I’m going to schedule a meeting with Mr. Lee as soon as possible.”

Dara thought that removing the phone against his ear was the cue that he was already done in his business but she was wrong because after that call Jiyong dialed a number and called someone again. And this time they talked about infrastructure management or whatsoever Dara could not understand. She waited there for ten minutes.

“So..” his eyes flashed at her after putting down his phone against his ear and waiting there so long is not even a problem with Dara anymore. It’s like seeing him now in front of her already satisfied her. “What do you want to eat?” he asked as he put his phone to his pocket.

“I want something spicy.” Dara unhesitatingly said.

Jiyong walked towards his chair and manneredly sat on it. “Is it okay?” he asked as he pulled some documents from a folder.

Dara looked at him in wonder. “Okay?”

“Spicy and pregnancy.” He made clear. “Is it okay for you to eat that kind of food?”

“Oh.” Dara thought for a moment. “Sorry I’m not sure of that.”

Jiyong shook his head. “Don’t eat anything just because you want it. You need to know first if it is good for you or not.” His voice becomes stern.

“How should I know if the food is good or bad?”

“Call Aunt Gummy.”

“I don’t have her number.”

“I’ll give it to you.”

“Give it to me.”

Jiyong shook his head and gets his phone from his pocket. “There, I sent you her number.” He said.

“Thanks.” Dara replied.

“Wait a sec I’ll signed papers first.” He informed and she nodded in response. And after that….. a long pause takes place between them. Jiyong then signed some paper and put it back to the folder where he gets it. Dara watched him as he works on to his papers on his desks. He is a very hard working man and very passionate to his profession and she admires him more for that. After five minutes, Jiyong finished his papers and they are ready to go.

Not until a ring from Jiyong’s phone interrupted the excitement that Dara was engulfing. He answered it and he spent another ten minutes or so talking about his business issues while Dara was just there, patiently waiting and starving until he finished. “I’m sorry.” Jiyong looked at his watch and it says twelve thirty. “Having problems with projects these days.”

“No, it’s okay. My fault ‘cause my invitation was a wrong timing.” She said, though she felt upset about spending half of her lunch time waiting for him for nothing. Jiyong’s phone suddenly rings again. He looked at Dara apologetically. “I’m sorry but I think can’t join you now.”

Dara nodded in response. “It’s okay.” She lied and her voice was low. She’s upset but she can’t do anything about it. While Jiyong continued his work, Dara disappointedly went to the cafeteria and decided to eat her lunch alone. Even the Chanyeol guy was not around to bug her. She pouted as she put her tray on the table. She ordered squash soup, banana, mashed potato, and a chicken meal.

While eating her lunch alone and so out of place with the crowd she got her phone and dialed Donghae’s number.

“Hey sweetheart wassup.” he immediately answered after the second ring.

“Shut up.” Dara hissed.

“I missed you calling that name not until Kwon came and ruin everything.”

“That’s not even my name.” Dara rolled her eyes.

“I gave you that name.”

“And I hate it.”

Donghae chuckled. “Anyway what push you to call me?”

“Am I not allowed?”

“Why so grumpy?”

“I failed.”

“You failed in what?”

“My first step on making him falls in love with me.”

Dara heard chuckles over the line. “Are you laughing at me?” her lips pursed, felt offended.

“No. Of course not.” Donghae denied. “Tell me what did you do? And I will try to tell you why you fail.” He said trying hard not to burst in laughter because he really finds the idea naive.

"I asked him to have a lunch out with me." She said, sighing. "And he said yes."

“But?” Donghae waited.

“But….it was interrupted by his workloads.”

Donghae made sure that his gasped was heard by her. “He chose his work over you in freaking lunch time?!!”

Dara groaned. “Yes he did!”

“Well…Are you now crying? Do you need shoulder to cry on?” Donghae sarcastically said.

“Donghae!” Dara exclaimed. “I’m seriously serious here!”

Donghae chuckled. He just can’t take the idea seriously.

“I hate you.” She pouted and felt offended. “You should be helping me not laughing at me.”

“I’m not laughing at you.” Donghae innocently said.

“Donghae I’m really serious about this.” Dara sounded pissed off.

“Okay Okay Okay. Let’s get serious.” Donghae said and her voice makes him wants to come over for her.

“What should I do?” She asked desperately.

Donghae sighed. “Actually Dara. I don’t know. You didn’t do anything when I fell in love with you. It just happened.”
“Do you mean I can’t do anything to make him love me unless it happens?”

“Dara….” Donghae’s voice conveys something that he was hesitating to tell. He knows something but his love for Dara was the only thing that stopping him to reveal that something he knows.

“What Donghae?” Dara asked impatiently.

“Nothing. It just that don’t push to much, okay? Everything happens for a reason.” He said.

“You know, you’re not helping at all.” Dara hanged up as she felt pissed at Donghae. She so stupid to expect a help from a guy who also wants her. Of course his not going to be a big help at all. She finished her lunch on time and get back to her desk to continue her work.

While working she was consumed of the thought about Kwon Jiyong. She wants him but the guy was so not giving any interest in her. If only not for the unborn child, she was not going to be in here. Kwon Jiyong stays beside her because of the reason that she has his child on her womb. Besides that there is no other reason why she was with him right now.

Dara’s phone rings interrupting her thoughts. And when she checks on it, her heart skips a beat. She cleared first before answering it. “Hello.”

“Meet me down the parking lot at 3:30.”

“Huh? Why?” Dara wondered and a bit surprised.

“We’re buying your clothes.” He said and it made Dara’s stomach flipped.

She cleared her voice first to hide her excitement and said “But I thought we’re going to do that after work.”

“We have no time for that later.” He replied.

“But why? And for sure Miss Lea will not approve if I left work in office hour.”

Jiyong heaved a groan. “I’ll just see you at the parking lot. Okay?” He said ignoring her argument.

“But…”

“No more buts Dara.” His voice suddenly becomes sharp and it shut Dara’s mouth up.

Dara sighed. She’s having a hard time right now though she felt excited about being with Jiyong later it’s really grueling to think what to say to Miss Lea so that she’ll let her out while not thinking ay malicious thoughts towards her. Luckily, Lea was not in her office at 3:30, and Dara refuse to tell to Lea’s secretary about her plans because of the possibility that the message she’s going leave will deliver in different meaning, so instead Dara decided to call Lea later when she find time since she still needs to think some good and acceptable reason for abandoning her work during office hours.

Dara got up the car in the front seat and Jiyong was already there holding the car’s wheel. “You’re driving?” she asked stunned.

“Obviously.” He answered impassively.

Dara ignored his mean mode and asked again. “Where are we going?”

“What kind of clothes are you planning to buy?” he threw a question paying no attention at Dara’s question.

Dara’s brows furrowed. “Formal and casual attires.” She muttered.

Jiyong drove the car quietly until they reached Myeongdong. The shopping district of Korea. Dara spend one hour of shopping and Jiyong can’t believe he gets himself in to it. He became her fashion assistant in one hour slash baggage handler. He groaned when Dara gave another paper bag at him. It is the first time he experienced such thing and his feet are screaming in pain for standing and strolling with Sandara Park. But what stopping him to complain was the smile on her face. She suddenly becomes so bouncy, vibrant, and happy and this is the first time he saw her like that, looking tireless and vital. And unknowingly the corner of his mouth turned up while watching her.

After an hour, Jiyong took a deep sighed. He then checked on his watch and found out that it’s already seven in the evening. “Hey Dara are you not finish yet?” he asked, hoping she’s done already.

“Jiyong what do you think of this?” Dara asked showing him the cardigans she admires. “I think the color of this is good but the design of this one is so much better.” She criticized the details herself. “What do you think?” She glanced at Jiyong and she noticed that the muscles in his face tightened.

OH NO. He’s angry.

Dara dropped the cardigans she’s holding and gulped nervously.

“Are you done?” He asked, voiced are sharp.

Dara nodded apprehensively.

“Good let’s go.” He said while carelessly putting down all the shopping bags he was carrying for two hours. Dara gaped at him.

“What are you doing?” she wailed half running to the shopping bags aiming to save them to spread on the floor.

Jiyong gave her a sharp look that made Dara step back in fright. “We need to go now. It’s already” he sternly said.

“O-okay…but we need to carry these things with me.” Dara stammered while gesturing to her beloved shopping bags.

“No need.” He said and grabbed Dara’s wrist pulling her with him.

“Omg! No!” Dara whimpered. “I need them!”

“Don’t worry. Seungri will get them.” Jiyong assured while tugging her with him. Dara looked back to her shopping bags on the floor when the sales ladies started grabbing everything from the floor.

“Oh no they’re taking the bags!” Dara shrieked in horror.

“They’ll take care of it. Now stop whining!” Jiyong opened his car front seat and let Dara in.  When he also got up inside the car Dara asked her, very worriedly. “How will Seungri know about the shopping bags?”

“I already called him.” Jiyong impassively said.

Dara cocked her head in wonder. “When?”

“When you’re busy in your shopping fantasy world. If I only knew you were like that I should’ve brought Seungri.” He said shaking his head unbelievably. That experienced was traumatizing for a man like him. “I can’t believe you’re a shopaholic.”

“Excuse me.” Dara glared at him. “I’m not. It’s just that….I miss this.” She confessed. “It’s like I came back to my old life. When I can still buy everything I want. Your money just….hype me up.” She cast her eyes down, fidgeting her fingers. “Sorry if you had a hard time with me.” She murmured.

Jiyong didn’t say anything and just focused on his driving. After fifteen minutes, Dara thought they are already in the Nonagon condominium but it seems that they are in different building’s parking lot and it was unexpectedly familiar to her.

“Where are we?” Dara asked, while looking around. Jiyong unbuckled his seat belt ignoring her question. “Let’s go.” He said climbing out the car.

Dara startled and make her way out of the car too following Kwon Jiyong. “Where are we?” She asked again.

“Do you eat Japanese food?” he asked back. Grrrr. He’s always doing that to her. Throwing different question when she’s asking a question too.

“Of course.” Dara muttered, she can’t help but answer him though. “Why you asked?”

“I’ll be treating you for a dinner tonight.” He said with his so infamous deadpan face.

Dara stared at him in surprise. “W-why?” she asked.

“I just felt I owe you a treat. You’ve waited for me during lunch for nothing and you look upset when you left my office.”

“Oh.” Dara can’t help but smile. Her stomach flipped in once again and she’s getting addicted to that kind of feeling. It’s like a drug she wanted to take every single day just to feel the same. She followed him feeling pleased and contented with what he said while trying to hide her smile. They reached the elevator and Jiyong pressed 40th floor button and Dara’s eyed bulged out.

“Fortieth floor?” She blurted out and she suddenly got a lump on .

Jiyong just smirked and stood beside her.

“Where are we?” Dara asked nervously, her lips dried.

“Kozue.” He replied nonchalantly.

Dara covered with her hand. “Oh my god!”

Kozue is the most popular and expensive Japanese restaurant in Korea and it was famous and tops city’s restaurants for its views. “Don’t tell me we’re in Park Hyatt Hotel?”

Jiyong rolled his eyes. “I just told you.”

“Why are we here?” Dara asked and her hands started to sweat.

“What?” Jiyong raised his eyebrows at her. “Why are you looking surprise being here?” he asked while giving her a suspicious look. “Don’t tell me. You haven’t gone here ever?”

Dara shook her head and took a step backward until her back touch the elevator’s wall. “What’s the problem? You look nervous? We’re just going to eat here, okay.” He shed on.

“I just…”

“You just what?” Jiyong’s brows bumped together in a scowl.

“I just..I just don’t want to be here.” She said while she curled her arm around her waist. Jiyong cocked his head at her.

“Why?” he asked, and he was troubled by her reaction.

“I know someone here.”

“And so?”

Her lips set in grim line. “I just don’t want to see that person anymore.”

“And that’s because?”

Dara stomped her feet like a kid and Jiyong was surprised by her sudden naïve action. “Can we eat somewhere else. …Just not here. Please.” She pleads.

Jiyong narrowed his eyes at her. “Give me a damn good reason first. I have reservation here and you don’t know how much it cost.”

Dara let out air in . “Please not here.”  Jiyong looked at her in perplexed. He doesn’t understand why she suddenly acting like that. Until the elevator reached the 40th floor. The door slowly opened and they are welcomed by the four crews. Standing and seems waiting for every customers that will enter the place.

Dara gripped the hem of her cardigan, and the feeling of being on that place once again weakened her knees. I shouldn’t be here. She mumbled.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow awesome! Got a lot of new subscribers!

Thank You so much!! I love you all!

Please leave comments i love reading them and upvote this story! Okay!

Kamsahamnida everyone!

#LOVEMELIKEYOUDO