CHAPTER 3: YOU’RE DEAD

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

 

Dara unpleasantly woke up in the morning when she remembered the guy who had a drink with her that night and compared him to the guy who just saved her yesterday. She scrunched her face in realization that they are the same person. She opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling. She can’t be wrong! She run away from the hospital yesterday without even saying neither thank you nor goodbye to the man who saved her life, it’s because she’s afraid that he will recognize her. That unexpected coincidence, they both get caught up with one of the most unforeseen night of their lives. She got shift face drunk! She almost lost her sanity after waking up with a stranger in that bed where she was sleeping.

She lost her ity!

Thinking about it is sapping her entire human body’s energy.

She can’t believe that her purity and innocence was taken away from her that easy!

It was almost three weeks ago when that incident happened and she’s on the stage of forgetting about that already. But the fate let their paths meet again. They actually both decided not to have connection with each other and just go on with their own lives and cease to think about it. Even their names were not revealed!

Both of them thought that they could return to their old life with that, however, no one expects the next thing to happen.

They met again.

_______________

“Ji? you going already? Eat breakfast with us first.” Bom asked her boyfriend who was now preparing himself to leave. He stayed at her apartment after treatments he had from the hospital. His mom & dad are always okay with the thought that he's staying and sleeping in Bom place sometimes. They approve the girl he loves.

"Dad called." He replied putting on the sleeves he borrowed to Bom’s 18 year old brother. Thankfully they almost have the same body size. "He said he needs me today at the office and it's important."

"For what?"

"I don’t know. But he said it's an important matter so I need to be there today."

Bom nodded and reminded him to not forget to take his medicines for his bruises. Jiyong glanced at her, nodded and smiled sweetly. “What time your class will end later?” He asked while putting on his shoes.

“Hmmmm I only have two classes today so I'll end early at 4.” she replied.

Bom is taking up a hotel management course in Yang University and finally this is her last year in college. But she’s planning to enroll again to the school that offers trainings for flight attendants after graduation because that was her dream since she was young and Jiyong assured the financial support for that already.

“Okay I’ll call you up.” he said after kissing her in her forehead.

“Neh.” She smiled at him. “Take care.”

_____________________

Right after the class Bom received a phone call from him.

“Yobeoseyo?” She answered.

“Bom, I’m here.” Jiyong said over the line.

“Neh, I’m coming.” Bom hanged up and fixed her things right away and walk out from the room.

Everyone knew about her and him at Yang University since Jiyong graduated there too. Everyone knew about the big difference of quality of life they both have. The living standard they have is extremely poles apart. She’s poor. He’s super rich. At first she’s worried when Jiyong offered to send her to college because of what she thought the people will say. She’s afraid of judgment and discrimination because she’s poor. But she’s wrong when she entered the university. The attention that she’s getting as Kwon Jiyong’s girlfriend is a pleasure. She felt her importance as his girlfriend. The way Jiyong treat her in front of the people is giving her a great feeling that she’s secured and protected but everything vanished when Jiyong left the school. When he graduated, she experience bullying. The bulk of friends that she earned when Jiyong was still around her are all instantly disappeared, like a bubble.

While on her way she wondered why there are girls crowding near the university school gate. She looked out for it in curiosity and only to find out that all the girls there are literally gawking over her boyfriend. He’s wearing a Brooks Brothers suit with matching Stacy Adams black leather shoes. He was waiting there while leaning back on his black shining Porsche car. Bom stared at her boyfriend with mouth wide open. He looks like he’s having a photo shoot there with these girls swarming over him.

“Bom!” He called when he saw her. She froze from her place when she heard her name from him. All the girls turned their heads to where she was standing. Gulped. They were all giving her a sharp look. If looks can kill she’s probably buried 6 feet under the ground by now.

Jiyong walked towards her. Smiling. Hands on his pockets. He really looks so cool and totally good looking with that suit & tie outfit.

“Urgh here’s the girlfriend” one of the girls uttered unwantedly to see her.

“I’m suffering a lot just by thinking why this girl is his girlfriend.” The other one said.

“Such a lucky ” the bitter one uttered.

Jiyong didn’t know about it. She kept it secret that she's having troubles without him. That she’s bullied.

When he reached her place he smiled handsomely which resulted to ‘fan girls ovaries explosion’.

“Let’s go?” He then appealingly asked Bom.

The girls near them looks like they’ve fainted hearing him talked. Bom looked at him gratefully. She misses this moment. She misses this kind of show off. Where she can slap to the es faces that she’s Kwon Jiyong’s girlfriend!

“What comes to your mind and came here with that look?” Bom asked him pretending that she’s not amused on her boyfriend’s elegant look.

“Is there something wrong with this look?” He asked back.

“You don’t really normally dress like that coming here.”

“Worried of these ogling girls?”

She rolled her eyes. “Is that your newly acquired confidence?”

“I'm always confident.” He winked at her.

"Omo he winked!" One of the obsess girls blurted. Some gasped in amazement.

Bom just shook her head proudly. Her boyfriend just activated his charisma and she’s very delighted about it. So she held his hand intertwining her fingers to his. Thinking this is the time she can only revenge to her bullies and she's making used out of it. She smiled inwardly leaving the now dead fan girls over there. She heard the girls’ disappointments from behind while leaving and that made her smile. Flattered. Proud.

Oh well the reason behind wearing Brooks Brothers suit and Stacy Adams black leather shoes and driving a Porsche is because Kwon Jiyong was promoted in his father’s company. Kwon Jiyong is a Civil Engineering graduate and a board passer. His father is the founder of the Kwon Building & Construction Company and it is one of the biggest earner companies that delivering programs and construction management services to every clients in the country. He was promoted today without giving him a notice about it. His father's phone call about the important matter early this morning is about his surprise promotion. So he was shocked when he reached the office. The board of directors surprised him during meeting proclaiming his advancement at his very young age as the new vice president of the company.

Bom congratulated him by giving him a tight hug and sweet kisses.

 

 

Jiyong was now driving his Porsche. He tightly gripped the steering wheel remembering his motorbike a.k.a his baby. He's not yet moved on about it. He missed his baby.

“Where are we going?” Bom wondered.

“Well…..a formal party is planned tonight since I'm promoted. Board of directors, staffs & crew will be there. And you're invited and of course your family. One of my dad’s men will pick them up around 6. So for the meantime I'll bring you to somewhere. You need to dress up and look good tonight.” He said.

“Are you embarrassed because I look like this?” She asked in lament. Don’t know why she was hurt on what he said even though she knows that’s not what he meant.

Jiyong turned his head to her quickly. Shocked on her unexpected reaction “Bom that’s not what I mean.” He said in panic totally worried on her reaction.

"But it sounds like that." She said disappointedly.

"Bom It's not what I mean! I just want you to look appropriate with the event.”

“See! You can’t introduce me to them looking like this.”

“Bom you know—“

“Jiyong! Look in front of you!!” Bom almost had a heart attack there. Jiyong almost hit the car in front of them when the traffic light turned into red unknowingly to him. Fortunately Jiyong responded quickly and stepped on the break in time. Thanks to seatbelt.

They both take out a deep breath after knowing that they're fine. Jiyong then directly apologized to Bom for what he said. He again assured her that’s not going to happen. Feeling ashamed that Park Bom is his girlfriend will be the last thing he will do. So he doesn’t know why that kind of thought crossed her mind. Ever since all he does is to show her how much he loves her. How much he cares about her, proving that he’s proud that Bom is his girlfriend no matter.

In relief, Bom accepted his apology and told him that she also felt sorry for thinking that way. And that how they kiss and make up.

After 15 minutes of driving, Jiyong brought her to salon to have a total make over. He’s actually hesitating to still bring her there because of the previous incident that Bom misinterpreted him but she insisted that she’s okay and would like to look good in his promotion party. Knowing this give him an at ease feeling again.

After sending Bom at the parlor he left her telling her he has to do something really important. He promised to get back after an hour to pick her up again. Bom agreed and gave him a goodbye kiss.

Jiyong went to police station with that elegant appearance. The officers were astounded on his looks when he came in. The police women stared…. looking like they are already in heaven seeing him.

Jiyong asked for assistance and the police officers assured to help him fully. He asked them if they can check the CCTV in the area where his motorbike was hit by a car. The officers worked on it quickly and showed him the CCTV footage located in front of the coffee shop that he is referring to. And there it goes, his eyes immediately darted to his lovely and amazing baby, his motorbike. It was innocently and peacefully parked in front of the coffee shop that time.

“Fast forward it around 5pm.” He ordered the officer who’s operating the computer. The officer obliged and fast forwards it to the time that Jiyong requested.

When the footage is playing normally again they watch carefully and a minute later the motorbike was hit by a car. Crashing it without mercy! Jiyong close his eyes firmly as he can’t take to see what happened to his baby.

The officers gaped on what they saw.

Jiyong took a deep breath. Calming himself.

“Can you see the plate number of that car who crashed my ba—I mean my motorbike?” He asked with an anger tone in his voice.

“Yes sir we can do that. Just give me a second to zoom this out.” The officer started zooming in the plate number of the car. Until it showed.

“Note on that and track down who’s the owner of that car who heartlessly crashed my motorbike.” He said in supremacy. “I need it as soon as possible.”

“Yes Mr. Kwon. We will contact you right away once we found out.”

Jiyong came back to the parlor where he left Bom. When he arrived she was already finished.

Her make over is successful. Jiyong eyes were pasted at her from the moment he saw her. She looks stunning.

______________

Saturday.

ENGAGEMENT PARTY

Dara looked at herself in the mirror. She’s naturally beautiful wearing a pink dress that has delicate shades of soft rose with only light make up on.

Today is her engagement party.

She can’t believe that it’s really going to happen this early. She wanted to cry but it will just ruin her make-up. Actually waking up today is making her feel drained. It's like she's going to get ill.

Feeling fatigue.

Maybe because she’s nervous and anxious?

For the hell sake it’s her freaking engagement day to a freaking stranger! Now tell me whose going to feel okay with that?

"Ms. Dara the party is about to start." Minzy, her personal maid informed her.

She looked at Minzy with distressed eyes.

"You okay Ms. Dara?” Minzy asked worriedly. “You look sad."

"I am." She replied frankly.

Minzy looked at her in sympathy. "Don’t worry everything will be okay Ms. Dara. Who knows maybe your fiancé is really the guy for you." Minzy told her trying to get out from the sad atmosphere enveloping Dara.

She sighed. "I hope so."

"Get ready. I'll lead you the way down there." Minzy informed her.

Dara followed Minzy. She's actually trembling. Her lips dried up because of nervousness. When they are near to the build-in stage she already can hear the MC's voice talking in a microphone.

"We're already here Ms. Dara.” Minzy told her. Dara stood behind the pink curtains waiting for it to open. She knows when she get out from this curtains many sophisticated business people will welcome her.

"How many guests are there?" Dara asked Minzy who stayed beside her.

"About a hundred." She replied.

"A hundred?” Dara was surprised with the number. “Dad knows that I can’t act against him in front of these people.” She sighed. “Did he invite press to too?”

“Yes he did.” Minzy bowed a little.

“Now I can’t really back out. This is a set up."

"But you can back out after." Minzy blurted.

“What do you mean?”

“After the party you can back out. You two are not married yet. This party is just prolly saying that you two are just GOING to get married. You still have the chance to back out after the engagement party…...”

Dara chuckled while nodding a little. She can actually do that, right? Backing out?

“…B-but I know you can’t do that.” Minzy immediately cutted her thought in panic after realizing that it is the stupidest advice that she can give to her. “Don’t do it! I mean you can’t really do it. Y-your father will get you out from the mansion if you do that Ms. Dara. Don’t do it.” Dara looked at her sharply.

“I’m sorry Ms. Dara. I don’t know what I’m saying.” Minzy bowed down in apology.

Dara just shrugged it off and just stared at the curtain in front of her. Waiting.

“…………Ladies and Gentlemen. Please be on your feet as we welcome the bridal party.”

Dara stand still, she become motionless when what the MC’s are saying is finally entering her ears.

She gulped.

“………Put your hands together for the father of the bride!” The MC continued. “Mr. Park Jinyoung……. we can see where the bride got her good looks from.” Said by the MC talking about her father, a wide applause can be heard behind the curtain to where Dara was standing. And it’s giving her more chills down to her spine.

“And now, here come the parents of the groom, looking happy and proud. Please welcome Mr. & Mrs. Choi. The groom’s parents just got back from the US to be here for their son’s wedding. A big hand for them, Parents of the Groom.” Another applause perceived by Dara’s ears.

“The Choi family?” she whispered.

“Yes Ms. Dara.” Minzy replied. “They’re the one who owns the Gold Hotels.”

Dara nodded. Thinking why her father suddenly wants to be entangled with the Choi family.

“And now the big moment, Ladies and Gentleman, our bride and groom Sandara Park and Choi Seunghyun!” Dara alerted when she loudly heard her name mentioned behind the curtains. She wanted to runaway but her feet don’t want to obey her. It was frozen. It feels like she had a hundred pound feet that she can’t move an inch of it. Minzy looked at her worriedly signaling her that it’s time to go out. Dara guzzled down and tried to calm herself. She took a deep breath thrice until it calms her down and then she stepped out behind the curtain.

A very royal like venue welcomed her. She first laid her eyes to the magnificent waterfront view of the place. It’s beautiful. With those pink roses decorated around, garlands hanging on the trees which are creatively designed, and candles that gives extra dimension in the area. It’s beautiful, very beautiful.

Then clapping hands slowly entered her ears finally noticing the invited people on the party. They are all look glamorously sophisticated. What does she expect? This is the world where her father is living.

A minute later she then noticed a hand in front of her. She looked at the open palm and then looked at the person who owns it. She was quite amused to the guy in front of her. He looks like a prince.

Is she in a fairytale?

"Are you not going to take my hand?" His deep voice brought her back from her senses.

"Huh?"

The guy just stared at her waiting.

She then realized what he wanted so she startled and immediately put her hand to his.

He then led the way to where they are going to sit.

“Ladies and Gentlemen….” The mc continued talking. “……..please take your seats as we hear a few words of a prayer.”

The party went on and on. The Engagement flows like a real engagement party the Dinner, the cutting of cake, some games, and lastly the first dance which is the moment when the groom to be walks his bride to be to the center of the dance floor.

"This is damn crazy." Seunghyun uttered while dancing the waltz with Dara who’s just hanging her head low the whole time.

"Do you agree on this?" He asked with that deep voice.

Dara stayed silent as if she didn’t hear anything.

"Hey I'm asking you." He said.

Dara finally glanced up at him. "You’re talking to me?"

Seunghyun gave her a look. "Who else? You're the only person beside me."

Dara twitched his lips.

"What do you think this all about?" He asked while swaying his body with her along the smooth sweet music.

She wrinkled her forehead. “You didn’t know?"

Paused.

He sighed. “What do you think the reason behind this arrange marriage that we’re about to go through?” He asked again.

“I’m going to be honest here.” She said with a warning tone.

“Go on.”

She sighed and said. “My dad needs your company and he wants your money”

“No worries it’s same with my family.” He uttered. “They are obviously using us to secure their wealth.”

Park & Choi Company merging is one of the most talks of the town. They said the joined forces of these two big companies will crash and blow other related companies away. Park Family owns an airline company and other transportation businesses in the country while the Choi Family is engaged in hotel and restaurant businesses. The project that they are about to do is not yet revealed but it was already the talk in the world of business.

“They look like they’re just playing a game and we are one of their toys.” Seunghyun stared with indignation at his entertained parents prettily sitting at the table to their right while having a talk to Mr. Park.

Dara bit his lower lip. It’s true! His father treats her nothing but a toy. Giving her to a stranger proves that he doesn’t care about her feelings. Her father is so egocentric person and that’s making her scared for the chance that her father will not change anymore.

Is holding on to him is a waste of time already? As a daughter, Dara stayed to her father’s side hoping that he will change someday, hoping that he will realize that his not his old self anymore, and still hoping that he will love her soon. But………..is this hope still has a chance to happen? Or this hope will remain as hope forever? Is it time for her to let go?

When we hold onto the wrong people because we hope that they'll change, and we hope they'll treat us right one day. When do you think we’re going to know that the hope we have will never ever happen anymore? When we’re going to know that it’s time for us to let go? Dara is having a hard time what to do with her life. Her hope is wavering once again.

"By the way do you have a boyfriend?" He suddenly asked interrupted Dara’s thoughts.

She looked at him in perplexed.

"I have a girlfriend." He said but Dara didn’t respond. "She's actually the girl I want to marry."

"Marry her then." She uttered showing him she doesn’t care at all.

"That's actually what I’m going to do." He stated.

Dara wrinkled her forehead looking at him.

"We're just engaged not yet married. We still have a chance to change our parents mind before our wedding day." Seunghyun continued.

"Are you going to contradict you family's will to marry me?" She asked.

"Yes because I want to marry the girl I love."

"Neither I am."

"Are you going to cooperate with me?"

"Do you have a plan?" She asked.

"That's the problem I can’t think of any plan yet.” He replied. “How about you?"

"You’re useless."

He rolled his eyes. "We're just the same. Anyways, we still have time to think about it though. Our wedding date is not yet announced.”

“How did you know we still have time? They can announce later that our wedding day is tomorrow.” She said.

“But we're already engaged. I think our family will not bother to make our wedding day to rush it out tomorrow. They are all confident with this engagement party that it will steadily put everything in place according to their will." He wiggled his thick eyebrows. "So, let’s talk again about the plan soon. Deal?"

Dara stared at him for a while and replied. "Deal."

_______________

"Congratulations Dara!" All her officemates greeted her with smiles on their faces.

"I heard from Mr. Yang that your fiancé is a good looking man. Like a prince."

"Is it true?"

She nodded.

Her officemates squealed in delight.

"Tch. This is working place not a playground!" The bitter Donghae angrily scolded them totally breaking him down in jealousy.

"Dara, Donghae." Department Head Mr. Yang called. "Come to my office."

The two went to Mr. Yang's office without a word. The two sat in front of Mr. Yang silently.

Mr. Yang noticed the sudden drop of energy of Donghae, since it is the first time seeing him acts like this he asked him. "Are you not feeling well Mr. Lee?"

No answer. Dara glanced at Donghae to check what’s wrong. She does know why Donghae is acting like this. It’s been years that the boy never gave up following her, pursuing her, so she does know what was Donghae is going through right now.

“Mr. Lee, are you okay?”

"No, Mr. Yang." He weakly answered. His head tilted on his left side while staring from nowhere.

"You should go to the clinic and have a checkup then." Mr. Yang suggested.

"Doctors can’t help me." He answered.

"What?" Mr. Yang asked in confusion and Dara looked at him bewildered.

"I’m broken" He said in a worn out voice.

"Huh?" Dara and Mr. Yang reacted in unison.

"I'm brokenhearted!" He uttered in a forced little voice.

POW!! A hit from Mr. Yang using a magazine occurred.

"Ouch! That hurts!" Donghae complained. “You have no mercy! Don’t you see I’m already hurting inside?”

POW!! Another hit.

“OUCH! Mr. Yang!” Donghae massaging his head.

“Stop it Mr. Lee we have something to talk about ….this is a serious matter.” Mr. Yang uttered. Donghae nodded still wincing in pain because hitting his head with that thick edition metropolitan magazine is damn no joke.

"You two are going to handle the merging project." Mr. Yang announced.

Dara looked up to Mr. Yang. ‘Merging Project?’ she thought.

"The Park and Choi's business deal. Both sides agreed with the terms and conditions already all you have to do is to make this happen." He stated earnestly. "The project is about building up the first and biggest Casino Hotel in Jeju. This is the hugest project that our company had ever made over the past years of its existence. And the most interesting part in here is Mr. Ceo requested you to be part of this project Ms. Sandara Park." He looked at her with a small smile on his face.

Dara eyes grew wide while absorbing what Mr. Yang just said. This is the first time that her Dad gave her a project to work on. And this is not just a project but the biggest project that the company ever had. Her eyes become teary. Is this true? She thought. When she already losing her hope that her father would not believe in her anymore, would not love her anymore, this is happening giving back her hopes to hold on.

"Mr. Ceo trust the two of you about this project. Don’t worry I’m still here to guide you.” He said fatherly. “Don’t hesitate to ask help with me if needed. Please take this seriously Mr. Lee & Ms. Park because our company's whole losses and gains are depends on it. This is like a gambling, if you fail we will lose everything."

_______________

"Yeoboseyo?" Kwon Jiyong answered his phone while busily working on his papers. Being the newly vice president of the company is a very big responsibility. Papers are loaded in his table. Meetings are eating his time everyday. He was indeed holding a great position right now.

"Mr. Kwon. We already track down the owner of the car who hit your motorbike." The voice said from the other line.

Jiyong straightened up after hearing it. "Can you send to me the details through email?"

"Yes Mr. Kwon."

Jiyong gave his email address to him and waited for the mail to come. A sound for a new message in his computer was heard so he immediately looked to his computer. He saw the new mail and opened it.

He read. "San…….dara Park."

A playful smirked appeared to his lips. "You're Dead"

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kyaaaaaaaaaaak!!! ^.^v