CHAPTER 7: BUSTED

Your Love Hits The Bullseye

It’s like first time in forever to see Kwon Jiyong again after five days. They were having a Teleconference meeting today with the international travel professionals for The Choi and Park project’s international marketing strategies. Mr. Yang, Donghae, Dara, Jiyong, Secretary Jung and the newly added member to their team Mr. Choi Seunghyun were already at the conference room waiting for the meeting to start.

Donghae was the one who’s suffering at his kind of situation right now. Here are the two guys in front of him who left him a hundred steps behind towards Dara. The guy named Choi Seunghyun, who was engage with her and the other guy named Kwon Jiyong, who was the father of her unborn child. While him, the only weapon that he’s holding was his longest time of friendship with her. What is his fight with these two guys? How can he defeat her fiancé and the father of her baby? Donghae felt his being buried alive while thinking his status in Dara’s heart.

Mr. Yang was the one in charge of the meeting so he did more talking. Meanwhile, Dara was stealing glances to Jiyong every now and then. Even though he didn’t say anything one look told her a deep sadness in his eyes. The glint they had that revealed a world of darkness and even though he would try to hide it with a fake smile, his colorless eyes revealed a feeling………something like despair.

The teleconference ended well, there are four international travel professionals were confirmed to offer proposals and the team felt that everything will be settled sooner. After signing off Mr. Yang talk to his team and dismissed them before lunch.

"So you’re the fiancé.” Donghae blurted out while walking next to Seunghyun leaving the conference room.

“Yeah” He simply replied.

“But I’m her boyfriend.” He self-declared.

Seunghyun cocked his brow at him and laughed a little. “Hey Dara!” he turned his head to her. “You told me you don’t have a boyfriend. Who’s this guy?” he asked.

“Don’t mind him! He has a delusional disorder.” Dara replied.

Seunghyun nodded convincingly.

“Nah don’t mind her. My girlfriend has a denial bipolar disorder.” Donghae intervened in accordance with his facts and Seunghyun gave him a strange look. “Anyways, I’m looking forward working with you Mr. Lee Donghae.” Choi Seunghyun said. “…..same with Mr. Kwon.” He glanced and smirked at Jiyong who was walking behind him and the latter just gestured him a perplexed nod. Seunhyun’s eyes gave Jiyong an odd feeling. He felt that the guy was up for something but he was not sure about that so he just shrugged it off.

“Are you okay Mr. Kwon?” Dara asked him. She can’t hide her curiosity for Kwon Jiyong who was so quiet today but the guy turned a deaf ear to her. She pouted because she was totally ignored.

"Yah! Kwon Jiyong!" Unknowingly to him, Dara followed him at the parking lot.

Jiyong shook his head seeing the girl half running towards him. He quickly pressed his car key button to activate the power. He opened the driver's seat and was bewildered seeing the girl getting in to the other side of his car first.

"Wtf are you doing?" Jiyong glared at her.

"Hello.” She greeted him with a wide smile.

“I’m asking you.” He pointed out.

“I just want to know why you’re acting like you don’t see me." she replied.

"Is it not obvious? I don’t want to talk."

"And why?"

"Ms. Sandara Park I don’t think I need to explain to you why. Now get out of my car."

"I don’t want."

"Get out!" he yelled.

"I’m pregnant! Don’t treat me like that."

"I’m just telling you to get out of my car."

"No. You’re yelling.” She corrected.

"! Why are you acting like a kid now?"

"Is it not obvious? I want to talk to you."

Jiyong closed his eyes controlling himself because he was already losing his temper. “Get. Out.” He said in gritted teeth.

“I have something to tell you Mr. Kwon Jiyong.”

“I don’t want to hear it now okay.”

“Please.” She used her puppy eyes on him while clasping her hand in front of her.

He stared at her in awe. “What are you doing? It’s disgusting!”

Dara gaped. "What!?Yah! Urghhhhhh. Okay! Fine!" She pouted and slammed her back to the car seat. "I just want to say thank you okay, let me at least say thank you. You know after telling you my story at Jeju it really helps me a lot. It made me feel better……I mean a lot better. My worries seem to fade away so thank you.”

"Okay. Done?" he replied uninterested. "Now can you get out of my car?"

"You’re so rude.” She pouted. “I still have something to tell you." she blinked at him with her round eyes once again expecting it to work this time. "Please. Hmm. Please."

Jiyong sighed. “Just say it now!” Dara shook her head. “Close your car door first. I’m going to say it while you’re driving.” His mouth twisted into a side placement creating a crease on his cheek cause this girl is a distraction in his consciousness. He angrily closed his car door and start driving. Dara felt frightened a bit but she tried to ignore it and put on her seatbelt immediately. A minute later she started talking, can’t endure the deafening silence anymore. “About leaving my father it takes time to have the courage to do it." she said. "Is not that I’m afraid of doing it but I think it’s not the right time to leave. I can’t really do that now. You know our company is at risk and I don’t want to abandon him when he was still in this kind of situation. I also don’t want to lose this company that my mom worked on when she was still alive. My conscience will hunt me down once our company crumbled because of my fault.” She uttered but he didn’t say anything though he looks like he was listening so she continued. "I’m doing the abortion too." she glanced at him to look after his expression but his face was blank. "I'm doing the right thing right?" She asked but still no reply. “By the way your luggage you left at the airport is with me. I take care of it. Just tell me when you want me to hand it out to you.”

He was driving the car very seriously completely ignoring her. She sighed. There must be something happened that he was acting like this. “You look very sad and I can see that through your eyes. What's your problem?" She dared to ask again but the whole drive was so quiet. As much as Dara wants to know about him it’s still not right to force someone to tell about his personal problems if he really doesn’t want to. So she keeps shut until the car stopped beside the river. There was also a bridge not too far from where they are. They stayed inside the car and it took a couple of minutes before someone broke the silence. He punched the stirring wheel with his fist, angrily. Dara jumped on her seat in surprised. "Jiyong, What's wrong?" she worriedly asked.

"I'd like to think I can cheat it all, to make up for the times I've been cheated on." he tightly gripped the stirring wheel. "But I can’t."

"What happened? Tell me." Dara put her hand on his shoulder. “Be smart enough to know when you need help, and be brave enough to ask for it. You told me that in Jeju. Tell me. Maybe it will make you feel better too."

Jiyong felt his heart being ripped again remembering the reason why he physically feel like he was moving under water. He has this feeling of believing that he can't be ever be happy again.

"I will listen. I'm here." she uttered.

“Park Bom….." he sounded like he was about to cry. "I let her go.” but he was restraining himself not to. "I thought letting her go is the right thing to do. Because I know giving the girl I love freedom will make her happy and will eventually convince me to move on but……..I don’t know what’s happening now. It feels like every part of my body is broken too."

Dara was not sure what to say, she doesn’t have any idea what really happened but she wanted him to know that she cares. So she soothed him by his back softly, comforting him.

"I was cheated on Sandara. The girl I love cheated on me.” and he broke down in pain. She didn’t expect to see Kwon Jiyong like this, he’s very emotionally vulnerable right now. He was in pain and she doesn’t have any idea how to comfort a broken hearted guy so she justplace herself near him and gave him a hug, hoping that her warm comfort will help him to ease at least a little pain inside him.

_______________________

Sometimes life or a particular situation can get to you. When the perfect storm of confusion is going on in your head, you make mistakes.

Tears flowed like a river. Bom felt so much guilt in her heart. It's like sagging her down into an empty pit of darkness.

When she told Jiyong she wanted a break up, she made up excuses as to why. She never admitted that she has somebody else and that because she doesn’t have courage to say so. She's not strong enough to leave him. Jiyong has never done her wrong. He's a really a good guy and so in love with her. Whenever he tries to talk, she always pushed him away. She doesn’t have the courage to say and explain everything. However he's always been there for her during the hardest time of her life. That’s why she felt awful.

She thought that she knew what love was in the arms of Kwon Jiyong but not until she met the guy who confused her. It’s as if something clicked in her head and he became her everything and she instantly stuck in.

She thought of confessing to Jiyong but she was afraid he'll do something crazy and hurt himself, as well as her and the guy she love. She doesn’t want that to happen. She doesn’t want Jiyong to look miserable because of her. The guy doesn’t worth a kind of girl like her. She’s a cheater. He’s too good to be hurt by her but she just did.

She pressed call and after two rings the phone was answered. "Seunghyun." she whispered

"Bom." a worried deep voice replied.

"Jiyong found out about us already and I felt guilty." and she broke down in tears.

_________________________

Letting go the pain and moving on is what Jiyong wanted to do but he can’t. Perhaps something remains unsaid for him, even now, that’s why his feelings remain so strong. He really wants to talk to Bom right now thinking in that way he will understand everything and accept it already.

When he cried hard in front of Sandara, he didn’t want to or feel like it, but suddenly all the stuff came out of his mouth. Apparently, it just wanted to get itself off his chest. And it had to be voiced out and surprisingly it worked. Telling how broken he was in front of Sandara Park, he realized he was over the relationship but not the process of its ending. He just loves Park Bom so much and being martyrly in love with her proves everything out. He already knows she’s been cheating on him half a year ago but he still put up with it for another chance with her…..but the chance to be with her again still did not ended well. He stayed with her and view self-sacrifice as his duty even though he was hurting. Being martyrly in love with her was the worst thing he has done in his life. He made himself miserable. He didn’t say anything to Bom that he already knew about her affair because he made himself believe that she was just confused. He believes that staying with her was the right thing to do that will eventually force her to do things his way but in the end he was the who gave up and suffered.

Jiyong dialed Sandara’s phone and she answered after three rings.

"Don’t do the abortion." he seriously said.

"Huh?"

"Sorry but I think it’s not a good idea. It will make us murderers."

"Jiyong."

"Sandara please. Don’t do it. It’s not right."

“But you’re the one who suggest it.”

“That’s why I’m telling you not to do it now.”

Dara understand why Jiyong want her to abort the baby and that's because of his girlfriend but now they already broke up he was changing his mind already. “Jiyong do you think it’s unfair for me? Is it because you and your girlfriend broke up already that’s why you’re changing your mind now?”

A pause from the other line. Dara waited for him to say something again.

“Okay fine.” He said. “Abort the baby if you want. I don’t care anymore.”

“What?”

“At least I already told you that I don’t like to do it. It’s your decision now. Don’t blame me when you regret everything.” And he hanged up. Dara stared at her phone screen dumbfounded. She faced palm. "I don't know what else to do!” She felt helpless, her brain was tied up in knots. When she already has made up her mind to abort the baby to avoid giving her father disappointments suddenly Jiyong changed his mind and making everything back in disarray.

Dara got home very tired but her father called her up in his office room.

“Mr. & Mrs Choi talked to me about the wedding. It’s happening next month.” Mr. Park informed her.

“Dad, can we stop this already?” She said tiredly.

Mr. Park smiled at her. “Mrs. Choi volunteered to handle everything about the wedding. So you have nothing to worry about.”

“Dad….”

“I’m sure she’ll call you one of these days.” He cutted her sentence. “Are you not excited? You’re marrying the one and only son of the Choi family. You should be proud of your father because you already have a bright future ahead of you.”

“Do I look like I’m excited? Do I like I’m proud Dad?” She weakly uttered.

“Everyone in this industry is anticipating The Choi and Park project. And I think we’re doing well.” He said ignoring what her daughter was telling him. Dara left the office room problematic and very very tired. It’s like her brain tied up in knots and ready to explode at any moment. She entered her bedroom and immediately lay down there. She was about to close her eyes when she received another call. “Hello?” She answered in a low energy.

“They don’t listen to me!” Seunghyun greeted her with a loud voice. “Dara what should we do now? We’re going to marry next month!” He added in frustration over the line.

“Seunghyun I can hear you. No need to yell okay.” Dara told him irritably. She heard him sighed.

“I’m going crazy.” He whispered.

"Me too."

"My parents’ don’t listen to me." he said dispirited.

“Seunghyun what if you bring your girlfriend in front of your parents?” She suggested her eyes focused on the white ceiling. “I think you should introduce her and let them know about the girl you love. You know, show them that love isn’t about money but true feelings regardless of what and who you are.”

“It’s not gonna work Dara. It will only hurt Bom. You know my parents….. They will say whatever they want. Their words are sharp.”

“Is Bom her name?” she asked.

“Yes.” he nodded.

Dara has this feeling she already heard that name before but she just can’t remember when and where.

“My parents don’t like her because she’s not living the same way we are.” He continued.

“Crazy." Dara shook her head in dismay. "Why not talk to your girlfriend and ask her if until when she’s going to fight for the love she has for you and if she said until the end then it’s time to face your parents with her. She needs to endure everything your parents is up to if she really loves you.”

“But….”

“But you’re afraid she can’t endure it and will leave you?” Dara cutted his sentence. Seunghyun went silent. “Learn to play like a gambler Seunghyun. It’s the only way to see that what you’re fighting for is worth fighting for, and to know who are real and who are not.”

Seunghyun nodded slowly over the line. “Thank you Ms. Know-it –all.”

“What?” she chuckled.

“You enlighten the other things on me again.”

Dara chuckled. “Well I think I’m good at advising other people but failed advising my own self. Anyways I’m hanging up I felt sleepy already. Bye.”

Right after Dara hanged up her phone, there was another call came. As much she wanted to ignore the call she need to answered it. “Yes Mrs. Choi?”

“Ohh Dear, call me mom from now on. Let’s meet tomorrow. You’re going to fit your wedding dress okay. See yah!”

“What?!”

The Next Day

Dara was with Mrs. Choi. You know the feeling when you’re putting something off because you don’t “feel” like doing it. Dara felt of running away already but of course she can’t leave the lady behind, because that’s called disrespectfulness.

Mrs. Choi made her try almost ten wedding gowns at the boutique that drained Dara’s energies but in the end the lady wanted to have a newly sewed and personalized wedding dress instead. Meaning she just wasted her precious time and energy for nothing. Mrs. Choi is the kind of annoying mother in law actually. Her opinions are really making Dara show her fake smiles every now and then.

After fitting and choosing wedding accessories from head to toe they went to the wedding coordinator office. Dara already felt dizzy while Mrs. Choi excitedly discussing her plans and desires with the wedding coordinator. The lady will also ask Dara’s opinion but the latter will just agree whatever they were talking about, very uninterested in anything.

After an hour, Dara excused herself to go to the washroom, and right after she entered the washroom she put her hand against the wall for the support. She felt lightheaded and her breathing becomes heavier. She closed her eyes to calm herself but it didn’t work out but instead it made her dizzier. “Dear?” She heard Mrs. Choi called her but she can’t move her body, her vision suddenly dimmed, like a dark smoke is circling her eyes, and she felt weakened and blackout! She fainted.

At the Choi Residence

Seunghyun checked the visitor who just came. His mom informed him this morning that there’s someone coming today. When he arrived at their living room he was surprised on who was there. “Oww..M-Mr. Kwon?"

Jiyong greeted him and Seunghyun greeted back still confused why this guy was here in their household.

“I was called by Mr. & Mrs. Choi to come here.” Jiyong informed him.

“Why?” he asked.

“They said they have something to make me done.”

“Business?”

“I guess so. Still no idea.” He answered. Seunghyun gave him a perplexed looked. He felt something was not right about this. “Okay I’ll tell Dad you’re here. Feel at home.” Jiyong nodded and took his seat at the couch in the living room and waited.

Kwon Jiyong was called because The Choi Family hired the Kwon Construction and Building Company to construct the house for Seunghyun and Dara. “Mr. Kwon was invited here to discuss what kind of house you would like to have Seunghyun. Of course you need one when you got married. ” Mr. Choi informed his son.

Seunghyun looked at his father in awe. Speechless.

Then Mr. Choi’s phone suddenly rang and he answered it. “Yes Hon.” He greeted with a smile but his expression eventually changed. “What?!” He looked shocked. Seunghyun and Jiyong glanced at him confused. “What hospital?!” Mr. Choi asked and nodded. “Okay Okay. We’ll be there.” And he hanged up.

“Is that mom? What happened Dad?” Seunghyun was in his pit of panic.

Mr. Choi immediately faced Jiyong and said. “Mr. Kwon sorry for the inconvenience. We need to postpone the meeting today an emergency came up. Seunghyun’s fiancée fainted and brought to the hospital.”

“What?!” Seunghyun blurted out in shocked.

Kwon Jiyong offered them a ride and rushed going to the hospital. He suddenly got worried about Sandara Park. ‘What happened to her?’ he thought.

He drove his car in speed that Mr. Choi felt he was going to pee in his pants in that moment. For god knows his old self can’t handle rush and brisk points anymore.

When they arrived at the hospital they immediately asked the front desk and they were guided along to where Dara was.

Mr. Choi turned the knob of the room and saw his wife sitting next to Dara’s bed. They all came in with worried look. Dara was lying down the bed and looked peacefully sleeping seems nothing worst had happened.

‘She looks okay.’ Jiyong breathe out in relief.

“Hon, what’s going on?” Mr. Choi asked his wife.

Mrs. Choi gets up from her seat and gave her husband a tight hug and cried. Seunghyun’s lips parted slightly open totally confused and at the same time nervous on how his mother acted. “Mom what happened?”

Jiyong felt worried once again. His muscles flexed when he saw Mrs. Choi cried in Mr. Choi’s arms. His face slackened, his brow furrowed - eyes darting about in concern to Sandara Park who was lying on the bed with her eyes closed. ‘What happened?’

“Honey, I can’t believe this…” Mrs. Choi let go of the hug and glanced at her husband now with a bright expression in her eyes that confuses everyone. “….Dara.”

“What happened to her?” Seunghyun expectantly asked. His mother made her way towards her son and touches his left check with her warm fingers. “Thank you my son. Thank you.” And she gave her son a tender hug. “M-Mom? W-what’s happening?” He stuttered on the sudden action of her mother that made him more nervous.

“Son…” She tightened her hug. “Dara is pregnant. You’re a father already Seunghyun.” She uttered near her son’s ears.

“Oh my god.” Mr. Choi reacted in shocked. “You did it son!” He then gave his son a fatherly hug too.

.

.

.

.

But Seunghyun can’t even move his fingers and toes on the unexpected news that he just heard. He was frozen. His mind begins buzzing and become disoriented. He tried to open his mouth to speak but nothing came out. His mom looked at him so proud and thankful. Their dreams are now granted but ‘how does it happen?’ he asked himself dumbfounded.

Jiyong looks like he just saw a ghost. His face was so pale, he just lost the color of his face and he was trembling. He came out from the room, and walked while staring in distance, don’t know which way to go. What he heard earlier left him flabbergasted. It’s like his soul living his body already.

____________________________

Dara opened her eyes and big smiles from her parent in laws welcomed her. Her eyes darted to his father who was standing on the other side of her bed too. “Dara, you feel okay now?” Mrs. Choi dearly asked.

She nodded still in the process of remembering everything had happened. “You fainted at the washroom.” Mrs. Choi helped her to remember. “Sorry it was my fault. You get tired because of me. I shouldn’t have done that.”

“Hon, don’t blame yourself you have no idea. If only these naughty kids tell us earlier this wouldn’t have happened.” Mr. Choi giddily uttered which made Dara puzzled.

“Why you didn’t tell us that you’re 3 month pregnant already?” Mr. Park asked her daughter and his expression was totally opposite from Mr. and Mrs Choi.

Her eyes almost get out from its sockets blood drained from her face.

“Yes. We already know.” Mr. & Mrs. Choi said in unison still wearing those big smiles.