all of me (loves all of you - forever)

come build our home, my love.

The sun hangs brilliant in baby blue sky and the house is buzzing with the arrival of guests, friends and family with smiles plastered on their faces rushing to greet each other. The beach that’s located next to the Kims’ vacation home lends a shade of serenity that Baekhyun had insisted was impossible to find in the city, and, for once, Jongin’s thankful for his persistence.

His wedding was meant to be on the seaside.

He stands with his hands in his pants pocket, fingers brushing over the velvet of the box containing the ring he’d yet to surrender to his sister’s son. Yoogeun was a good kid, he knew, but he didn’t want to take any chances. The ring was a symbol of forever, after all. It wouldn’t be good luck to lose it before it even gets to Kyungsoo.

He’s thinking about how the rest of the day will flow when the door to his room is flung open, revealing a suit-clad Jongdae panting and looking at his wit’s end. ‘Thank god you’re here,’ he wheezes, shutting the door and leaning up against it as he catches his breath. Jongin an eyebrow questioningly. ‘Look - your bride? He’s going crazy, and your wedding planner isn’t doing him any favours either. Apparently there was some mix up with the caterer and there’s seaweed wrapped around your appetiser and that’s apparently atrocious and unacceptable and - ’

‘Jongdae!’ Jongin says, voice raised a little to get the elder’s attention. ‘Man - I’m the one tying the knot today, not you. Also I don’t have a bride, Kyungsoo’s a groom, dammit. Calm down. Breathe,’ he instructs. Jongdae just nods and takes a few deep breaths, straightening up when he feels somewhat steadier.

‘Okay. Sorry. That was. Uncool.’ Jongdae mutters. ‘But anyway. I’m serious. I cannot handle all this yelling that’s going on and I’m supposed to beyour best man, Baek is Kyungsoo’s, why do I have to - can we just please do operation takedown? Please?’ Jongdae pleads with the desperation of a man truly cornered, and Jongin can’t help but relent. Jongdae’s face brightens almost immediately, and Jongin can hear Baekhyun’s anguished cries not long after the elder disappears out of his room.

He takes a deep breath, knocks gently on the wood of Kyungsoo’s door.

‘Who is it?’

And he smiles. That voice right there is the voice he wants to listen to until the day he takes his dying breath. ‘Are you decent?’

Footsteps thump against the floor and Jongin grins when Kyungsoo inches the door open, surprise riddled across his features. And yet he doesn’t budge, stands in the doorway so that Jongin can’t come in. ‘It’s bad luck to see the bride before the wedding, didn’t you know?’ laughs Kyungsoo nervously, beginning to pull the door closed just a little.

Jongin jams his foot in the doorway, confident smirk making Kyungsoo gasp. ‘Good thing you aren’t a bride,’ he murmurs, pushing the door open just enough for him to fall inside, locking it behind him as he does. Kyungsoo just stands there and gapes at him.

‘Is this - is this why Jongdae dragged Baekhyun out of here just now? So you can have your little illicit visit? Because this is bad luck, Jongin, and bad luck could lead to premature death and divorce and all kinds of unfun stuff and - ’

He’s silenced with a finger pressed to his lips. Once words stop spilling out of his mouth Jongin moves his hand to sweep across the skin of Kyungsoo’s cheek, and the elder leans in to the touch instinctively. ‘I don’t do luck. Let’s play on more logical ground,’ he murmurs. He sits himself down in one of the armchairs in the room, and pulls Kyungsoo in to sit on his lap.

‘What’s the probability of you falling out of love with me? You don’t have to do an extensive analysis, y’know, just toss me a number off the top of your head,’ Jongin says playfully, loving the way Kyungsoo’s worry instantly falls away to unmask a smile.

‘I’d say the chances are really low,’ replies Kyungsoo, burrowing into Jongin’s warmth, nose separated from the younger’s collarbones by the fabric of his suit and dress shirt. Jongin leans his head on top of Kyungsoo’s.

‘Then I’d say our chances of divorce are pretty low, too. Because I don’t intend on ever falling out of love with you.’ Jongin says, so softly and gently that the weight of his words slam straight into Kyungsoo’s chest. They’re the only ones in the room, but Jongin still speaks as if he wants his words to reach only Kyungsoo’s ears, as if the furniture and the air around them were all eavesdropping on a private conversation.

‘I want this, Kyungsoo. I really want this.’ Jongin says. He threads his fingers through the elder’s and the gesture, coupled with the words that sound a lot like a declaration, makes Kyungsoo’s breath hitch. Jongin has never said anything like that before - has always accommodated Kyungsoo’s wants without really making too many demands on his side.

Scratch my back for me, I can’t reach that itch. Hey hyung, help me decide where to take my parents for dinner, they’re coming to campus today - these were the kinds of things Jongin asked for, and even then they were few and far between. It makes Kyungsoo realise just how much Jongin must want this - must want a life together for him to say things like this, to hold him like this, and all his remaining traces of his worries vanish.

Perfect wedding or not, Kyungsoo knows in his heart that that isn’t what matters most. He will spend the rest of his life working for this marriage and Jongin’s happiness, building a home with this man, and this - this, his dream for the future - this is all he needs.

He tilts his head up to kiss Jongin deeply, a promise of forever pressed between their tongues. He’s ready.

They’re still kissing when the door to the room busts open, Baekhyun with a key in his hand and positively fuming. His eyes go livid when he sees the couple kissing. ‘I’m sorry,’ Jongdae begins, popping up right behind Baekhyun. ‘It’s just that he’s really strong and I - ’

‘THE BRIDE! IS NOT! SUPPOSED TO SEE GROOM! BEFORE WEDDING!’ roars Baekhyun, and Jongdae winces. Baekhyun’s always had a problem with volume control. Jongin pulls away from Kyungsoo, chuckling against his soon-to-be husband’s hair.

Kyungsoo just smiles in response. ‘Good thing there aren’t any brides in the room.’




‘When I was seventeen,’ Kyungsoo begins, voice trembling just like his hands in Jongin’s. He lets out a short breath. ‘When I was seventeen, you told me you loved me for the first time. Kind of - kind of blurted it out on our third date, but I remember thinking that it was okay. I didn’t say it then, but - but I knew I felt the same way. I still do.’ His words trigger a chorus of awwws and out of the corner of his eye he can see his and Jongin’s mothers holding hands, fighting back tears.

But nothing matters more than the man in front of him in this moment.

‘When… When I was sixteen, I told the man of my dreams that I loved him. It’s been five years and you are still that man. And I still love you,’ Jongin says. ‘I’ll always love you.’ he says firmly, and Kyungsoo can’t hold back - as soon as they’re told, he flings his arms around Jongin’s neck and kisses him, savouring the moment, pressing his lips as firmly as he dares against Jongin’s.

Jongin pulls away first, presses their foreheads together, uncontrollable grin spreading across his face. ‘I love you,’ he murmurs.

Kyungsoo smiles back.

‘I love you too.’




They dance their first dance to the tune of John Legend’s voice and their hearts beating in sync. The night grows darker and older, wears on as laughter fills the air and love paints the whole scene a special kind of beautiful. The watercolour array of pinks and oranges that the sunset had brought has faded out into deep, midnight blue, and Jongin still thinks none of the stars dancing overhead can compare to the twinkle in Kyungsoo’s eyes.

Jongin just stands there smiling at Kyungsoo from afar, somewhat dumbstruck, watching as the elder laughs at something Jongdae has said. He doesn’t try to wipe the grin off his face when Jongdae catches him staring, snickers and points him out to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo just grins right back at him, and he feels so full of love his heart might burst.

Not even day one of his marriage and he is so whipped.

Kyungsoo leaves Jongdae to go stand by his new husband’s side, fingers intertwining with longer ones naturally. Jongin leans down a little to whisper in Kyungsoo’s ear. ‘Remember when you told me that when we get married we aren’t going to share our real vows with anyone but each other?’ he asks teasingly, and Kyungsoo grins.

Jongin was hopeless sometimes, and Kyungsoo’s always pleasantly surprised when he remembers the little things. They’d made that promise somewhere during the first week of their engagement, when they’d both meant it but disguised it as another sweet nothing. ‘Come on,’ Kyungsoo says, and he tugs his husband in the direction of the beach.

They settle down on the sand where the seawater just touches their toes, and Kyungsoo lays his head on Jongin’s shoulder. The sea and how it reflects the sky makes for a magnificent backdrop for the moon, the stars sprinkled up above dancing on the surface of the water. The beach is still and quiet, the sounds of their loved ones having a good time somewhere in the distance.

‘You first.’ mumbles Kyungsoo.

Jongin clears his throat.

‘Do Kyungsoo. I have told you, time and time again that I will always love you, from now to forever, and I intend to keep loving you until my heart stops beating. Even after that, I’ll still love you.’ Jongin says. ‘I will show you I love you everyday, even when you wake up and tell me you hate me with your eyes, even when you won’t let me touch you. I’ll try to make all the bad days you spend at my side worth the good days. I… Yeah.’

Kyungsoo smiles, eyes already going watery. He looks at where their hands rest, joined in Jongin’s lap. ‘Kim Jongin. I don’t think I’ve told you I love you enough - haven’t jumped at all the opportunities I’ve been given to tell you how much you mean to me. I know it’s hard for you, having to deal with me and all my emotions when you prefer to keep yours locked away from the world - so only I can see them - and for that, I can only say - thank you.

‘I - I love everything about you. I love the wrinkled skin of your palms when you press them against mine,’ - he holds their joined hands up together - ‘and I love the way each and every one of your smiles are a constellation upon themselves and… And I can’t tell you how honoured I am that you chose me to spend the rest of your life with.’ He lets go of Jongin’s hand, turns so they’re face to face. ‘To share all your future smiles with. I will work as hard as I can to make sure you always have a reason to give me that beautiful smile of yours, so I can kiss it with my own.’

By the time he’s done, tears flow freely from his eyes, meeting at his chin before they drop into his lap. Jongin’s crying too, tears sliding noiselessly down his face. Jongin pulls the elder towards him, wraps him up in a hug so tight their hearts are practically touching, and this is what it all amounts to - to them, promising to love each other until the end of forever comes.

This is what matters most.

‘We’re going to wind up being that couple,’ Kyungsoo murmurs, voice muffled against Jongin’s chest.

‘What couple?’ the younger asks.

‘The couple that cries together at midnight on the beach.’ comes the reply.

Jongin smiles to himself.

‘I like the sound of that.’




Author’s Note: Hello!!! Update is a little ahead of schedule because I’m on Easter break right now but!!! Whatever!!! At least I have a thing to show you guys!!! Heheh

+ if anyone’s interested, i wrote an english version of overdose ^^ you can listen to it on soundcloud or youtube if you like heh

++ is anyBODY EXCITED FOR SPIDERMAN 2 HOLY  IRL OTP PLAYING ONSCREEN OTP HELL YEAH

+++ i am in love with chris evans i mean hisses just look at this