no, thank you

come build our home, my love.

Word count: 577w

Prompt: parents!kaisoo dealing and facing their daughters "girl problems" (aka periods and such).

 

 

The morning begins with a shriek. Jinri has her covers thrown off of her, lungs belting out the most impressive shout her family's ever witnessed. Jongin and Kyungsoo wake up with a start, limbs immediately jolted into action by worry.

They almost break down Jinri and Soojung's bedroom door in their rush to figure out what's wrong, and once inside they can't seem to find anything out of place. Soojung's eyelids are only just fluttering open, and she seems fine. They're about to turn and fume at Jinri for making them worry when their eyes catch on what she's gaping at.

Her bedsheets are tinted red.

Oh.






'Um, well - we... We're going out for a while, alright? Sun-Sunyoung, you take care of Soojung. Papa and Jinri and I will be back... Sometime before dinner.' Jongin's never found his tongue more tangled, never had this much difficulty trying to relay information before. Kyungsoo has a towel laid out across the backseat of Jongin's car, and the ride to the shopping mall is anything but comfortable.

'Daddy, Papa. You don't have to look like that, you know,' Jinri says. Arms are folded across her chest, and Kyungsoo gulps. She needs a trip to the underwear shop, too. 'It's perfectly normal, I am a girl, after all.' she adds. Kyungsoo watches as Jongin's Adam's apple bobs up and down.

'Yes, and we will handle this maturely. Yes. Like adults. Very yes,' Jongin mutters. Kyungsoo nods in agreement and Jinri tries to muffle her laugh from the backseat.

They pull into a parking space and Jongin opens the door for Jinri as Kyungsoo holds his hand out to her, as if gesturing for an ill person to hold on to him for support. A mischievous grin paints Jinri's features when she happily leaps out of the car and almost gives her fathers heart attacks. 'Jinri!' Kyungsoo screeches, alerting the security guard a couple of pillars away. Jinri just laughs and holds her father's hand.

'Let's go, Papa,' she says.

Half an hour and a trip to the pharmacy (and bathroom) later, Jongin and Kyungsoo come face to face with something the one thing they were dreading since the day they brought Sunyoung home - a Victoria's Secret outlet. Both pairs of male eyes stare up at the pink neon sign, intimidation clear in both their pupils. Jinri watches with amusement before she grabs hold of both their hands, and starts tugging them inside. 'Jinri - sweetie, you can go in yourself. Just call us when you need to pay,' Kyungsoo says, faux certainty lining his words.

No way are they getting out of this that easily. Jinri pouts, disarms both her fathers momentarily and then they're inside, surrounded by lace and frills and women. With women parts. Kyungsoo is about to pass out.

An assistant comes around and starts measuring Jinri, talking conversationally and pointedly ignoring Jongin and Kyungsoo's discomfort. She announces Jinri's bra size to her fathers ('Soo - what does the A mean?' 'Beats me. You ask.' 'No, you!' 'No, you!' 'We'll just have to wonder, then.') and leads them to a selection of bras suitable for Jinri, rack upon rack of undergarments that have Jongin pointedly looking away and Kyungsoo fidgeting. They're about to slink off to the side when an idea sprouts in Jinri's mind, and she stops them -

'Papa! Which one do you like better?' she asks, holding up two bras absolutely dripping with lace and faux diamonds.

Kyungsoo faints.