shiver in my arms baby i'll keep you warm

come build our home, my love.

Word count: 1128w

Prompt: is it okay if i give a prompt of parent au like after jongin and kyungsoo had for the first time one of them said 'let's get married and adopt children' and the other one just laughed at it but actually it's kind of a real question…

 

 

It happens on a night when the walls of the Do family household are the only things around to bear witness, on a night when rapid heartbeat presses against rapid heartbeat, only to intermingle and to calm, only to anchor each other to the here and now. Are you sure, sashays somewhere in between Jongin’s lips when they press against Kyungsoo’s skin, I’ve never been more ready, presses into Jongin’s shoulder blades where the tips of Kyungsoo’s fingers dig into skin.

‘We can stop,’ pants Jongin, Kyungsoo flush against him, back up against the wall just outside the elder’s bedroom. ‘Just say the word, I’ll stop,’ he says, but the words come out forced, as if his mind had won a war against his tongue and he’s saying the exact opposite of how he feels. Heat travels through every part of his body, clinging to him the way Kyungsoo does - desperately.

‘No,’ breathes Kyungsoo, chest heaving as he pulls Jongin in by the collar, lips against his, souls reaching out to touch. ‘All of you. I want all of you,’ he murmurs, and he’s startled at how readily he speaks. And I want to let you have all of me, he tacks on, but he doesn’t say it.

It’s taken so long for them to get to this point. Previously, Jongin’s hands had always retreated when Kyungsoo wanted them to charge on, and it took a while for the younger to feel comfortable touching his boyfriend so intimately. This wasn’t just , they weren’t just two hormonal boys looking to get off. This was love, of that Jongin was certain, and this was a love that deserved to be done right.

He pushes the door open.

‘I don’t know how much longer you’re gonna keep me waiting, Jongin,’ Kyungsoo whined, hair mussed and shirt wrinkled, frowning slightly as Jongin pulled away. ‘If this is about wanting to wait until my prom night, forget it. I’m no cliché, and as much as I love you, I’m not letting you turn me into one.’

Jongin knows how this dance goes. He kicks the door shut with his heel, all the while struggling to get used to the growing heat that’s engulfing him, threatening to swallow him whole. Maybe, he thinks, the best thing to do is to concentrate on loving Kyungsoo the right way, on making the man of his dreams feel the way he deserves.

‘It isn’t about that,’ Jongin sighs, and he’s not lying. Making love was a big step, a giant leap of faith - what more making love for the first time. He pushes himself off Kyungsoo, gets up from the sofa to stand. ‘I just - once we do it, that’s it. No take backs. Your ity doesn’t have a thirty day return policy,’ he says.

Kyungsoo looks like he’s about to fall victim to a bout of maniacal laughter, but he holds it in for the sake of his boyfriend’s sanity. It was so like Jongin to always look at the bigger picture - to project his mind into the future, to think about how they’d feel… Afterwards.

‘Hey. Look - even if parallel universes do exist, even if there might be a crazy alternate reality where I don’t need you the way the moon needs the sun to ing shine… It’s got nothing to do with how I feel here, now, with you.’ Kyungsoo murmurs, hands closing around Jongin’s. He brings one up to press against his cheek, and he closes his eyes, enjoying the warmth.

‘I love you,’ Jongin blurts, affection welling up inside him and spilling out of his lips before he has a chance to stop it.

‘I love you too,’ Kyungsoo says, kissing Jongin’s palm. ‘And I am so, so sure that my feelings aren’t going to change for a long, long time.’


‘Look at me,’ says Kyungsoo softly, arms loosely wrapped around Jongin’s neck, pale skin shining against the dark blue of his bedsheets. Jongin could spend the rest of his life travelling the world in search of a painter who could capture every last atom of beauty that’s lying there in front of him now, and he’d reach his grave before this vision does a canvas. Kyungsoo is so beautiful, just like this.

‘I love you,’ says Kyungsoo, fingers playing with the hair at the base of Jongin’s neck.

‘I love you, too,’ says Jongin, a whisper away from sealing the deal, from making a promise he doesn’t yet know he’ll spend his lifetime trying to keep.

‘So show me.’

And Jongin does.




They wake when the sun’s hanging at almost noon in the sky, and Jongin doesn’t know what to say. Last night - last night was incredible, beautiful beyond words and he never knew his body could feel that way. He never knew he could feel this way.

The rise and fall of the pile under the blankets next to him lets him know Kyungsoo is awake, and for a few moments, he lets himself panic. It’s short lived, though, and he his lips when Kyungsoo lies on his back, covers thrown off his torso.

‘How - how was it?’ he asks, and he sounds pathetically like a prepubescent boy in love, and he momentarily feels like he wants to bury himself for it. His heartbeats pick up with every second Kyungsoo lets fall silent, and they stop altogether when the elder tilts his head to face him, round eyes unblinking, lips drawn straight.

‘Let’s get married,’ says Kyungsoo in monotone, eyes softening when he sees relief wash over his boyfriend’s face. This is when he throws himself on top of Jongin, snuggles into that warmth, into a body he finally knows is his.

‘I take it it was as good for you as it was for me?’ Jongin tries, and he laughs when Kyungsoo’s hair tickles his neck as he nods. A new kind of warmth blossoms just inside his chest, curling into the spaces between his ribs, filling holes he never knew he had. This is what it feels like.

Kyungsoo lifts his head and looks at Jongin dead on. ‘Let’s have ten kids.’ he deadpans, and confusion wrinkles the skin of Jongin’s forehead. ‘We could build our own little football team. You could take them all to matches and I could cheer all of you on and it’ll be great and perfect and -’

‘Kyungsoo. Soo, we can’t have babies.’

Mischief tucks a corner of Kyungsoo’s lips up, and soon he’s moving to hover over Jongin instead of draping himself over the younger.

‘Won’t know unless we try.’

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Basically I'm posting this here so that I can get it arranged in chronological order without having to rename or repost anything :| I'll crosspost the other instalments when... I feel like it.... Heh.

If you don't mind reading it on LJ, here's a chronological masterpost with the prompts attached. 

Thank you for reading! :)

twitter | ask.fm