strictly business

come build our home, my love.

Word count: 1257w

Prompt: is it possible to make kaisoo pair up for a business? like kyungsoo have to design something and jongin is the accountant for that client or smth and kyungsoo was shocked when he first saw his husband and they get to spend alittle more time tgt

 

 

Jongin’s fingers tap methodically against his keyboard, the white background of his laptop screen reflected in the soft brown of his eyes. He’d been allowed to bring home what was left of the day’s work with him, and even though he would’ve rather just stayed at the office and killed the lot off all at once, he knew it wasn’t going to be fair on his husband.

Kyungsoo sits right across from him, his own gaze fixated on his laptop, and there’s more clicking and dragging coming from his end then there is from Jongin’s. His brow is furrowed and he has one foot resting on top of Jongin’s, and the look of concentration he has on makes the younger press his lips together. I’m supposed to handle a new client, Jongin remembers his husband saying. I can’t take care of both the girls myself, babe.

And so here he is, sitting at the small dining table in his and Kyungsoo’s apartment, a formidably thick file lying open next to his laptop, struggling to evaluate project decisions. Strings of numbers and probabilities stare him down, but the feeling of getting things done spurs him on. It’s all going rather well until a shrill cry breaks through the silence, and Jongin and Kyungsoo’s eyes meet almost immediately.

‘New client,’ says Kyungsoo, voice slightly metallic, eyes narrowed.

‘Extremely thick file,’ challenges Jongin, words dragging a little slower than his husband’s.

‘Potential promotion,’ Kyungsoo shoots back.

‘Potential loss of job,’ Jongin retorts.

‘Changed her last,’
‘Not the same baby,’
‘All poop smells the same, thank you,’
‘Not scientifically correct,’
‘Not obliged to be scientifically correct.’

They could go on like this for hours, Jongin knows, and he doesn’t much like the thought of his poor baby daughter, lying in a mess of her own poop, waiting for one of her fathers to finally stop arguing and go and change her.

So he decides it’s time to pull out the big guns.

He leans forward, takes Kyungsoo’s hand in his own, meets his husband’s somewhat hostile gaze with one that’s full of shining confidence.

‘Was the one who proposed.’

Kyungsoo’s eyes narrow further.

Jongin smirks.

He’s won, and he knows it.

Kyungsoo untangles his fingers from his husband’s, gets up, and turns on his heel, stomps off to his daughters’ room. Jongin refocuses his attention on the tasks he has to finish up, and laughs a little to himself when he hears Kyungsoo call Was the one who said yes! over his shoulder, effectively waking their other child, effectively triggering another slew of screeches.

Jongin smiles to himself, and turns a page. He opens a new document on his laptop, types in a proper heading and title before he can start on his work.

Advertising campaign - tentative, April - June.




Jongin gives himself one final check in the tinted glass of the meeting room. He makes sure that he looks more than presentable - his shirt is mostly crease-free, buttoned up all the way to the top, his tie perfectly straight, the knot of it set in a precise triangle - before he squares his shoulders and lets himself in.

His boss greets him with little more than a tilt of his head, and Jongin spots Junmyeon sitting with his own laptop at the ready, notes and stationery laid out in perfect alignment with each other. He takes his seat and switches his own laptop on, waits for the advertising reps they were scheduled to meet to finally turn up.

The door swings open not five minutes later, and Jongin finds he’s pushing himself to his feet, more out of habit than out of consciousness. He’s about to dip into his customary bow when the head of the advertising team moves out of the doorway, and he spots a familiar mop of black hair, a familiar pair of brown eyes, and feels more than commands the familiar (and terribly unprofessional) smile that blooms across his face.

It’s Kyungsoo.

He raises his eyebrows when he spots Jongin, thinks that he didn’t know Jongin was in charge of this, and has to bite down, very hard, on his bottom lip to stop himself from blurting out the hey, honey, that he usually greets Jongin with.

‘Welcome,’ says Jongin’s boss, one gesture causing the rest of the room to settle in their seats. He smiles professionally at his guests in turn. ‘Shall we begin?’

The meeting proceeds without a hitch. Jongin’s boss seems to be impressed with the ideas that Kyungsoo’s team present him with, and Jongin can’t help but smile to himself when he watches Kyungsoo’s presentation. He has no idea what’s actually going on, really, but he doesn’t miss that glint in Kyungsoo’s eye when the latter glances at him after excusing himself to go to the bathroom.

This is terribly unprofessional, Jongin thinks, but it doesn’t stop him from excusing himself not a full minute later, legs taking long strides to the men’s bathroom. It’s empty, to his relief, when he pushes inside, and he smiles when hands push him up against the wall, when arms link behind his neck and lips push up to meet his.

He smiles even into the kiss, hands latching onto Kyungsoo’s waist, forehead pressing against forehead when the elder pulls away.

‘Hey there, Mr Do,’ says Kyungsoo, smile growing more mischievous by the second.

‘Hi, Mr Kim,’ replies Jongin, stupid smile still firmly in place. He traces a finger along Kyungsoo’s jaw, all the way down to his collarbone, even if it’s covered in shirt and he can’t really see it - he knows it. He remembers the dip of skin above it, the curve of the bone, how soft the skin there is. He knows.

‘I didn’t know you were involved in this,’ murmurs Kyungsoo, eyes still fixed adoringly on Jongin’s. ‘I thought this wasn’t your kind of job.’

‘It isn’t, really,’ says Jongin in reply. He pulls Kyungsoo in close, buries his face in his husband’s hair, takes a deep breath and kisses the top of it. ‘But the guy who was meant to do it called in sick a couple of days ago, so. Yeah.’

‘Mmm. Guess we’ll get to see more of each other, now?’ asks Kyungsoo coyly. He inhales the scent of Jongin’s cologne, and buries his face in his husband’s chest. It doesn’t matter howmany years he’s had with Jongin - it isn’t going to change, how he feels about this. How he feels about him.

‘What do you mean, now? We see each other plenty as it is,’ says Jongin, the tone of his voice light and joking.

‘You know what I mean,’ grins Kyungsoo, eyes shut as he takes in the warmth of his husband’s body, the ridiculousness of their situation - yesterday they were arguing about whose turn it was to change Soojung’s diaper, now they were cuddling in a bathroom with their respective bosses waiting for them a couple of rooms over.

‘We should go,’ mutters Jongin, about half a minute later. He’s about to gently push Kyungsoo off him when the latter tiptoes and presses his lips against Jongin’s, just a light peck, just lips against lips, followed by a smile.

‘I love you,’ whispers Kyungsoo. Jongin grins, cups Kyungsoo’s face in both his hands before he plants another kiss on his husband’s lips.

‘I love you, too.’