like watching the sun rise

come build our home, my love.

Word count: 453w

Prompt: maybe i am a little bit of a sadist but i want to see parents!kaisoo having a tiff. their daughter(s) may or may not overhear it. but i am not that much of a sadist so maybe they make up or something. hihihihihihiiiiiii. 8)

 

'I am just so sick and tired of this, Soo!' Jongin says. His voice doesn't climb octaves, doesn't amplify itself. He speaks low and dangerous, and it would usually make chills run down Kyungsoo's spine, but today, it just makes his blood boil.

'It isn't my fault! One of the girls must have used the bill for a drawing or something, because I swear to god, I would have seen it if it were there,' Kyungsoo shrieks. Jongin's eyes dart toward the door, which is, thankfully, shut. Their apartment isn't small, but sound carries and children have sharp ears. Jongin doesn't want to hurt any of his daughters' feelings. 'You can't just pin the blame on me all the time, alright?'

'Who else is there? I asked you, very specifically, last week if you've paid the phone bill. You have not. And now if some sort of emergency comes up and the other person can't reach us on our cellphones, we will have no way of immediate notification.'

'You're being way too paranoid and I don't have to take this abuse. I'm going,' Kyungsoo spits, and he wrenches their bedroom door open. Three small bodies tumble over his feet, three different pairs of eyes shining with unshed tears. Jinri and Sunyoung scramble to their feet to wrap arms around both his legs, and Soojung runs toward Jongin, arms stretched wide and he bends instinctively to scoop her up.

'Papa, don't go,' Sunyoung says, voice sounding as wet as her eyes. 'I don't want you to go,' she adds, burying her face into the fabric of the shin of Kyungsoo's jeans. Jinri nods, mirroring her older sister's actions.

'Daddy, please don't be mad at Papa, it was my fault! Really! Me and Jinri were playing witches so I used that paper you think Papa lost to write all my spells on,' Soojung admits, small hands frantically cupping both of Jongin's cheeks. Jongin sighs, eyes flying from his daughter's face to meet Kyungsoo's.

'I'm - I'm sorry, Soo. I should have listened. You're... A perfectly responsible husband and I'm - glad I have you by my side.' Jongin says. He hesitates, puts Soojung down as Jinri and Sunyoung both let go of Kyungsoo's legs. Jongin makes his way toward his husband, wraps his arms around the elder's waist. 'I couldn't ask for anyone better,' he murmurs. Kyungsoo accepts his apology with a kiss, one that's chaste because - well, they're still in front of their children, but it's deep and it's full of feeling and it reminds Kyungsoo of the first kiss they'd ever shared and -

'Daddy! Papa! EWWWWWWW!' Soojung shrieks.

The couple pull away, and Jongin snickers into Kyungsoo's hair. Heaven really is a place on earth.