we're going down swinging

come build our home, my love.

Word count: 445w

Prompt: another prompt :3 kaisoo finding out about their child's boyfriend hehehehe He brings it up on Sunday brunch.

 


'Why is your phone bill so high this month?' Jongin asks, eyeing his fifteen year old daughter over his cup of coffee. Sunyoung flushes visibly under her father's gaze, her other father's eyes widening in surprise. 'It wasn't anywhere near this high last month,' Jongin adds. His words are smooth and measured, and Sunyoung wonders how much trouble she's in.

'I... Um...' is all Sunyoung manages to say, because if there's one thing she's absolutely terrified of, it's Jongin's piercing gaze. Nothing scares a daughter more than her father's anger.

(Or worse, disappointment.)

'Well?' Kyungsoo prompts, unable to take the suspense any longer. 'What's going on? Who have you been calling?' He flurries question after question at his daughter, and Jongin has to reach out and place his hand over Kyungsoo's to make him be quiet, to let their daughter speak.

'I... Well,'
'Just tell the truth, sweetheart, Daddy and I won't get mad.'
'I... Have a boyfriend.'

'You have a WHAT?' Kyungsoo screeches, voice rising several octaves and Sunyoung suddenly understands why he tells her to keep it down when she's practising her vocals. 'What do you - You're too young! I forbid you!'

'Papa!'

'Calm down, Soo. Tell us about this... Boyfriend of yours. Don't give me all your romantic stories about him, I want straight up facts,' Jongin says. The grip he has on Kyungsoo's hand must be tight, because the elder doesn't speak.

'His name is Jinki. ('What kind of a name is Jinki?' 'Kyungsoo - don't snort, she's trying to tell us something.') He's older than me by only just a bit, and he gets really good grades and all the teachers like him, he's very respectful. You'd like talking to him, Daddy, he's really intelligent. And - and he has the nicest voice, Papa, you'd love listening to him sing!' Sunyoung blurts out, desperate for her parents' approval.

Kyungsoo just looks at her like he's trying to decipher an ancient code, and Jongin scrutinises her silently. 'He gets good grades and he treats you right?' Jongin asks, and Sunyoung nods. She bites her lower lip as her eyes dart between her fathers, and when Jongin speaks again, she exhales in a sigh of relief and a smile breaks over her face. 'Alright, you can keep seeing him. Just don't go too crazy with the phone calls - Skype him or whatever instead.'

Sunyoung flies at both her fathers and plants kisses on their cheeks, thank you thank you thank yous pouring out of . But as she turns to leave, Jongin clears his throat to speak, and his words stop her dead in her tracks.

'I look forward to meeting this boyfriend of yours.'

Oh .