teach me your ways, master

come build our home, my love.

Word Count: 390w

Prompt: parents!kaisoo with jongin learning how to braid his daughters' hair for them and kyungsoo laughing at him lol

 

'Jongin. What are you watching?' Kyungsoo asks, head peeking inquisitively through the door of their study. Jongin is huddled protectively over his iPad, a startled jump in reply to Kyungsoo's question. 


'I - I'm - nothing,' he stutters, and Kyungsoo narrows his eyes suspiciously. 

'What do you mean, nothing?' Kyungsoo asks. He moves into the room, Soojung's bib and bottle in his hands, Sunyoung's new(ly stained) pink tshirt thrown over his shoulder. 'You can't be watching nothing. Are you - oh my god, Jongin, we have kids now! You can't just here, it's the middle of the day!' Kyungsoo all but shrieks. 

'No - Soo, calm down, I'm not - I'm not doing that, I have you,' Jongin says, putting his iPad aside and reaching out to pull his husband into his lap. 

'Well I'm not about to do that with you now! The kids are still up!' Kyungsoo hollers, and Jongin sighs before putting a finger to his husband's lips, effectively shushing him and pulling him further into his chest. 

'I don't want that now, Soo, I was just - ugh this is so embarrassing,' Jongin groans. 

'What's embarrassing?' Kyungsoo asks again, and Jongin reaches for his iPad. 

'Promise you won't laugh,' Jongin mumbles, and Kyungsoo nods vigorously. Jongin sighs as he switches the device on and swipes through to the video he was watching, pressing play and preparing himself for the slew of laughter he's sure Kyungsoo's going to attack him with. 

'"How to braid hair in three minutes or less,"? You're - you're watching hair tutorials?' Kyungsoo says, tone dripping with amusement. He tries to stifle his giggle, but it doesn't work and Jongin groans - 'I told you not to laugh!' - and he switches it off again, tossing his iPad aside. 

He wraps arms around Kyungsoo's waist, hides his face in the crook of his neck. 'I'm so embarrassed,' Jongin murmurs. Kyungsoo turns his head and nudges Jongin's up with his nose, planting a kiss on his cheek when the younger acquiesces. 

'I think it's cute,' Kyungsoo says, a smile etched on his face. The sight of it has Jongin's heart melting, and his previous embarrassment all but evaporates. 

'You think I'm cute,' Jongin says cockily. 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes pecks Jongin on the lips. 'Yeah but our daughters are way, way cuter.'