self-shackling

come build our home, my love.

Word Count: 1089w

Prompt: please write jongin being overly possessive over kyungsoo for the parents au PLEASE AUTHORNIM I LOVE THAT VERSE SO MUCH AND I LOVE YOU ^O^

 

Music pulsates through the stuffy air of the club, bass dropping invisible, heavy footsteps against the cement floor. Too many bodies form an almost impenetrable wall separating the bar from the exit, and Kyungsoo just sighs. He’s never been a fan of the club scene, much preferring late nights out at cafes with a small group of his friends, but tonight was Jongin’s night, and this was for Jongin.

Kyungsoo takes a deep, slow breath, the smell of sweat intruding his lungs and making him wrinkle his nose. His eyes are glued to his fiance, watching him from over the rim of his glass. Jongin has a huge grin on his face, one that looks a little sloppy, and Kyungsoo already knows what that means.

Jongin’s drunk.

Figures. It was a night to celebrate, after all.

Jongin and his dance club friends were favourites to win an off-campus dance contest, and (naturally, Kyungsoo thinks, pride welling up in his chest) had come out on top. He’d been the first to leap to his feet when the announcement was made, was the loudest cheer in the crowd, the most enthusiastic member of the audience. He didn’t waste any time at all running from his seat in the audience straight to the backstage area, throwing himself (quite literally - Jongin almost fell to the floor when Kyungsoo wrapped his legs around his waist, leaving the younger to support all his weight without warning) at Jongin with a very (un)manly squeal.

But it’s been hours since then, hours since he’d run his fingers through sticky-with-sweat hair to pull Jongin in for a kiss, and the excitement he’d felt has almost dwindled down to nothing. He was still happy for Jongin, of course he was - but he was also tired. He wanted to go home.

He’s too preoccupied with his thoughts to notice a body settling itself in the stool next to his, eyes drawing tracks from the top of his head to the tip of his toes, the trail only pausing on his lips. ‘Hey,’ says the stranger, voice deep and raspy, and it startles Kyungsoo enough that he almost drops his drink. The stranger smirks, takes the glass from him and puts it on the bar. ‘What’s your name?’

‘Um - me?’ Kyungsoo asks, voice a little hoarse from all the cheering he did beforehand. The stranger lets out a breathy laugh, and Kyungsoo feels the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end.

‘Yeah, you. You’re the cutest guy in this dump.’ the stranger leans in a little closer. ‘So what do I call you, cutie?’

‘I - ’

Kyungsoo isn’t given a chance to respond before he gets a lap full of Jongin, fingers threading roughly through his hair, lips crashing against his own. His eyes are wide open at first, but when Jongin pushes the kiss deeper he lets them flutter closed, somewhat amused, plenty . His hand lifts to press against the sticky skin on the back of Jongin’s neck, feeling the push and pull of the muscles there under his fingers. Jongin only breaks the kiss when he’s certain that Kyungsoo’s lips are beestung swollen, and the smile he gives when he sees them just the way he wants is nothing short of radiant.

He turns to the stranger, eyes hostile, body pressing possessively against Kyungsoo’s. ‘His name,’ Jongin hisses, pointedly lacing his fingers with Kyungsoo’s, before placing the hand on his shoulder. ‘Is Kim Jongin’s fiance, thank you very much,’ the ring glints in the lights from where it sits on Jongin’s shoulder, and the stranger begins to look flustered.

Jongin just smiles again, before burying his face in the crook of Kyungsoo’s neck. Kyungsoo’s eyes fall shut, mouth agape, and nothing else matters save for the feel of Jongin against him. Jongin knows he has Kyungsoo’s full attention now, can’t help the smirk he presses against the elder’s skin.

He lifts one hand and dismisses the stranger with a flick of his wrist. ‘Mine,’ he mouths, and that’s all it takes for him to leave.

Once he’s out of sight, Jongin sits back happily, satisfaction etching a smile on his face as he loops his arms loosely around his fiance’s neck. ‘All miiiiiiiiiiine, Kyungsoooooooooooo hyuuuuuuuuuuuung,’ he drawls, and it’s the last word that makes Kyungsoo snap back to his senses.

Jongin never calls him hyung.

‘Time to go home, baby,’
‘Okay, hyung.’
‘Stop calling me hyung.’
‘Jongin will go anywhere with hyung, if hyung only asks.’

Drunken giggle.

They’re out of the club by now, Jongin with his arms wrapped around Kyungsoo’s left, snuggling into the elder’s shoulder. They find the bus stop soon enough, and Kyungsoo’s glad that they make it back in one piece.




(One, because Jongin’s latched on to him and won’t let go.)




‘Did you really mean it, Jongin?’ asks Kyungsoo the next morning. He has Jongin’s head cradled in his lap, the younger splayed out with one arm wrapped around Kyungsoo’s waist, the other dangling by the elder’s knees. He’d woken Kyungsoo up with the loudest groan known to mankind, and Kyungsoo had immediately (albeit, slowly) rolled out of bed to get him an aspirin and some water.

‘Mean what?’ asks Jongin. He doesn’t remember anything about the previous night, aside from the creep who tried to chat up his fiance.

He wrinkles his nose. He’d rather not remember anything at all.

Kyungsoo lets his voice hitch up a couple of pitches. ‘Jongin will go anywhere with hyung, if only hyung asks,’ he says, grinning down at a Jongin whose face was already flushing with embarrassment.

‘Oh god, did I really say that?’ Jongin mumbles, embarrassment making him flop over and bury his face in Kyungsoo’s thigh.

‘Yeah,’ says Kyungsoo, softly this time. ‘Did you mean it? If I asked you to come with me to the ends of the earth, would you?’ he pushes.

Jongin scrambles to get up. He puts his hand on the side of Kyungsoo’s neck, thumb brushing over his earlobe. ‘I’d go to the ends of the universe for you, Soo,’ he says, before leaning in to give Kyungsoo a soft, tender kiss. He pulls away a moment after, except not really, because he keeps their foreheads pressed together, revels in how soft Kyungsoo feels, how right thisfeels.

‘That was gross,’ laughs Kyungsoo, gently pushing Jongin away.

‘I know, but I’m cheesy like that,’ Jongin says. He leans in to kiss Kyungsoo again, only to be stopped by a hand on his mouth.

‘I didn’t mean that. I meant your morning breath. You don’t have permission to kiss me until you brush your teeth, you neanderthal.’

Jongin kisses him anyway.