Losing you

Just like last time..

Baekhyun looked up at the taller male standing up next to the bench he was sitting on. Chanyeol just stared at the male, awkwardly not knowing what to do, until he decided to just take the seat next to Baekhyun, keeping a reasonable amount of distance between them. Baekhyun looked down and stared at the earphones sitting on the bench that Chanyeol placed there. 

"You don't wanna listen to music anymore?" Chanyeol spoke first. He didn't wanna let this opportunity go. He's been waiting for this day to come, finally no ones in a rush, no one was leaving. They were alone, just the two of them. 

Baekhyun merely responded, he just let out a sigh, Chanyeol took that as his answer and remained quiet, he didn't know where to take it from there, how to start again. Silence took over them again, no one spoke for awhile just staring into the dark horizon. Until Baekhyun couldn't take the silence that surrounded them. He's never heard silence quite as loud, the pounding in his ear every second that ticked by, his internal self was screaming at him, every sound, every heart beat and every breath he took. It was deafening and yet his surrounding was blissful, it could almost trick anyone that saw that everything was peaceful and everything was fine, although quite the opposite of what he really felt. 

Finally after what felt like an eternity he spoke, not just from his head but from his heart. "I guess when you get used to something and suddenly it changes its really hard to adapt and move on..." They both knew that this is not merely just about his misplaced earphones, this came from somewhere deeper and had a deeper meaning than simply losing the lifeless object. Chanyeol knew exactly what he meant, even after a long separation, he knew Baekhyun well enough to know that something was bothering him, something that involved him. 

"But nothing changed Baek." He put his hand on the earphones sitting in between them and slid them closer to Baekhyun. "You may have lost it for awhile, but it's here now and it came back to be with you again. To be your comfort." He too was no longer referring to the earphone, he spoke his heart using the earphones as his reason. 

Baekhyun smiled brushing off what Chanyeol said, he then changed the subject to a story that pained his heart the most to talk about, for 5 years he remained strong for his family, not once did he show any signs of weakness to anyone, especially his dad and brother. "They found the tumor had spread to almost half her brain, damaging her frontal and temporal lobe, they said that even if they successfully got the tumor out, there was no guarantee she will be able to survive and function normally." He paused as he felt tears formulating on the corners of his eyes. "She was already in a lot of pain, you know she even refused to leave the country that morning because of her tumor but we won't allow it. Of course not. We swore we were going to do everything to try and save her, there's no way we were going to let her go." He paused again this time he looked down and grab hold of the earphones and started playing with it. Chanyeol watched and listened quietly while the smaller male was breaking right in front of him. He was puzzled to why Baekhyun suddenly bought this up, why Baekhyun suddenly spoke about his deceased mother to him, but nonetheless he listened. 

"She pleaded to us the night before her surgery. 'Please, I don't wanna do this, I'm hurting, please just let me go' she said crying and begging 'I love you, I love you, I'm sorry I have to leave like this, take care of each other and I'll be watching over you. I love you'". Baekhyun stopped, mimicking his mother's last few words as he reminisced about that night. "We were so mad at her at that point, we wondered how could she give up just like that? None of us was going to let her go, she was the only woman that we all truly loved, we were suppose to be protecting her, but she just gave up." He stopped again but this time even with tears in his eyes he smiled. "I will never forget that night. It was the night I lost everything, but it was also the night I learned reality's toughest lesson." 

He looked at the male sitting beside him, finally making eye contact. "I learned that if you really loved someone you'd be willing to let them go, regardless of how painful and hard that would be, you just have to let them go." Finally making sense of Baekhyun's reasons to why he spoke about his mother to him, he looked back at the male full of sincerity, he didn't know how or what he can do to help ease the pain that Baekhyun was feeling. 

Sensing that Chanyeol didn't know what to do he continued, "I guess life just really love teaching me things the hard way." He laughed slightly as he started wiping his tears away with his sleeves. 

"I'm sure wherever she is right now, she's watching you, happy to see such a strong and perfect man like you, able to endure the toughest challenges of life she's proud to have you, as her son Baek." Chanyeol tried to comfort the male.

"Perfect? Strong? I'm not even close to being any of those, even if she was watching me.." His voice breaks as another set of tears fills his eyes, "..she still won't be able to tell me that to my face anymore. And likewise, I won't be able to touch her, hold her and tell her how much she really means to me, how much I love her. Because I'm stupid, I lost her, just like how I lost these." He squeezed the earphones tight in his hands.

Chanyeol couldn't bare watch as Baekhyun was crumbling harder than he was before right in front of him, he closed the gap between them and grabbed Baekhyun into a very tight hug. "It's not your fault Baek, in neither occasion and you're not stupid either, it's just certain circumstances in life that happens. Sometimes losing something is necessary, because you realize how much it actually means to you, that loss makes you stronger and sometimes losing something allows you to create deeper bonds with people surrounding you." 

He started caressing Baekhyun's arm to try and calm him down, he started talking about his own loss, "And sometimes losing something even gives you a reason to live a better life, as crazy as that sound. You start living for that thing you lost, you wanna live for them. You just need to accept the fact that everything happens for a reason."

Baekhyun slowly pulls out of Chanyeol's hug, wipes the tears on his eyes and looks at the male next to him dead in the eye. "You don't understand Chanyeol, you've never lost anyone. You don't know how I feel!" He said in a slow voice.

"But I do Baek, I know how it feels, because that's what I felt when I lost you..twice." Baekhyun was shocked at the sudden confession, he is always caught off guard everytime Chanyeol confesses to him, it's definitely something he could never get used to. 

"That pain you've been feeling, I know it all too well. The feeling of uncertainty, self hatred. Waking up everyday knowing that you've lost something, that you're missing something, but for them you try and live well with the slightest hope that maybe they'll be watching you somewhere out there." Chanyeol takes Baekhyun's hand in his own, he held them tightly. 

Baekhyun was willingly allowing Chanyeol to squeeze his hand, almost falling deeply into his beautiful brown eyes staring into his soul, if looks could kill he probably wouldn't be breathing right now. He was about to gave into Chanyeol's unspoken words, until it came to him, his whole purpose of needing some time to think. He pulled his hands away quickly and used them to pretend to scratch his head to avoid Chanyeol trying to grab them again.

He then changed the subject before Chanyeol could say something that was stupid and unfaithful to his bestfriend, that could potentially hurt what he thought was Chanyeol's boyfriend. "So, um..tell me, how did you find me here?" Baekhyun found the words to say. 

"I was actually on my way home from-" he cuts himself realizing the next few words that was about to come out of his mouth. Baekhyun gave a genuine smile and said "Kyungsoo?". Chanyeol nodded "yeah, I felt gutted after..um..well, first that you couldn't make it and secondly when..I..ah..accidentally-" 
"Hanged up on me?" Baekhyun finished his sentence for him, Chanyeol blushes and simply nodded. 

"Chanyeol, listen I want you to know something." Chanyeol sits up straight and tenses at Baekhyun's sudden serious tone. "I love my bestfriend so much you know that right? And I would do anything for him." Chanyeol nodded as he listens in closer. "I just want him to be happy. So, please do whatever makes the both of you happy. Don't worry about me getting hurt or whatever. I'm happy if you guys are happy as simple as that." Baekhyun gave a genuine smile to Chanyeol, who was very confused at everything Baekhyun said. 

"I know that we've shared great memories before, and I will always be thankful for them, the time we spent together was one of the best years of my life. It gave me a reason to live. You know I loved you, but please don't think of me as a hindrance to your happiness." Baekhyun continued afraid that if he stopped his true sadness will show and the feelings he's hidden for the sake of his ex and his bestfriend would betray him and be exposed clearly for Chanyeol to see.

Chanyeol looked blankly at Baekhyun, he stopped and thought for a second, he put two and two together and as if the whole night flashed before in his mind. He quickly reverted his eyes to Baekhyun who was just waiting for an answer from him, he grabbed Baekhyun's hands again tightly regardless of Baekhyun's attempt of withdrawing them and scotched even closer to Baekhyun.

"Baek, there is nothing going on between me and Kyungsoo!" Tables have turned and now Baekhyun has the confused expression on his face. As if he didn't hear Chanyeol clearly he shook his head slightly in surprise with his eyes wide now fully eyeing the male right in front of him.

"What?" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't uploaded till now, I gave up Internet for a bit. 

Thank you for getting this far into the story!! And I hope you guys are enjoying it so far! 

Thank you for all your lovely comments it makes writing this story more enjoyable! Sincerely thank you!! :)

See you guys on the next chapter chingus~! <3 :))