Confused

Just like last time..

He was already in the train on his way home from college, he had a heavy heart, he knew he was somewhat hurt about this all but he knew that Chanyeol would also be hurt by his actions and he couldn't stop himself feeling bad about it, he was probably at the last couple of stops to where he needed to get off and he whipped out his phone and decided to text Chanyeol:

'Hey Yeol, I'm nearly there. I just thought I should let you know, I'm sorry about what  happened before, I love you'

He looked at the message, and quickly deleted it, it didn't look right at the moment. He attempted again:

'Heyyyy King Yeol ;) I'm about to get off soon. Don't miss me too much while I'm away okay! ;)"

He then cringed even more after reading it, as if he even wrote that. He immediately deleted the message. He attempted one last time and this time he took more care about what words he used:

'Hi Yeol, I'm nearly home! I'll see you when I get back. Take care!

And pressed send.

He put his phone down but immediately snatched it back up to check, he was fidgeting so much because Chanyeol was taking a longer time to text back. He was starting to worry, maybe he was still mad at him for not wanting to say he loved him. His thoughts were distracted when finally after what felt like an eternity his phone buzzed and he was glad to see it was from Chanyeol. But the happiness didn't last long when Chanyeol's message only consisted of an:

'Okay'

Baekhyun was disappointed by this, true he wasn't expecting much, but he was hoping the male would actually be a bit more...sweeter and..loving than merely just an 'okay', it's the first time after seeing eachother that they were going to be separated. He sighed a heavy sigh, he didn't like this feeling. Chanyeol was figuratively so close to him after so long but now that he's back with him, right now he felt so far away. 

He closed his eyes for awhile and tried to collect his thoughts, and when he opened them it was his stop he got off to meet his dad waiting for him. 

Baekhyun was happy to see what is left of his family again, he could never get tired of coming home every weekend just to see them again. Being with them gave him so much comfort, comfort that he truly needed. 

-

"Appa, how much do you love eomma?" Baekhyun asked his dad while they were waiting for the tv show to come on again. He knew how much his dad loved his mother, if he could give up his life in exchange for her to be here now he would, but he was just trying to clear his thoughts and he needed his dad's words of wisdoms to enlighten him a bit.

"More than my life son." Sensing his troubled son, he looked at him in question. He tapped his son's shoulders and sat closer.

"Son, what's wrong? Anything bothering you? You can tell appa anything." 

"It's n-nothing, I'm just wondering. I mean how did you know that you were deserving for eomma's love for you? Did you ever feel like you were so...l-lacking?" Baekhyun asked full of worries, he didn't know exactly what to ask his dad without him speculating anything severe.

"Well, your eomma was a perfect woman you know, I fell for her every single day but, I'd be lying if I said at some stage I felt like I wasn't deserving, being with her definitely was not the easiest task in the world. It wasn't because she was hard to deal with at all. She was the most tolerable person in the world, she was too kind and humble. And I guess that's why. She was this perfect woman, beautiful in every way possible, she was kind and she loved me very much. But I always wondered why she chose me even though she had so many more better looking, smarter and richer suitors." He then looked in Baekhyun's eyes.

"You know what she told me, she said simply because I loved her and she felt it through her bones. I may not be as good-looking, or as deserving as other people as I believed. But in her heart she knew that even after all that, I was the only one for her. No one else can compare to how I made her feel." His dad voice was starting to break, but still he continued.

"If only I wasn't such a coward, if only I told her I loved her earlier, then our time together would've been longer. If only I stopped self-pitying. I know it doesn't change the fact that she isn't here with us now, but it would've changed the amount of time we had together. Surely being together for 20 odd years seems like a long time right? But it wasn't, it isn't. 20 years went by with a blink of an eye. I wish I knew that back then."

Baekhyun was starting to get teary, the sudden talk about his mother made him miss her a lot, and then he realised how much he was so ungrateful for doubting his love, he suddenly remembered what he and Chanyeol went through just to be together right now, the time they've already wasted being apart, he knew his love for Chanyeol was greater than this fear. 

He realised how short life is, how much regret his dad felt every day because his time with his mother was cut shorter. He definitely did not want the same fate with Chanyeol, he can't see life without Chanyeol anymore and he wasn't just going to let his stupid insecurities take over him. He was probably over-acting.

"Appa, thank you! Thank you for always being there. I know how hard it is for you without Eomma, but for us you decided to live on. I will always be thankful appa! I love you Appa!"

And a sudden tear fell from his eyes, he looked up at his dad who was also getting teary, and his lips were starting to shake as he tells his son he loved him too.

-

Baekhyun was laying in his bed that night, he deepened his thoughts about Chanyeol, he thought about how inconsiderate he's been to Chanyeol, back from the very start. He was either doubting Chanyeol's love for him or leaving the male hanging. He didn't think it was fair for the male, even though Chanyeol never complained or blamed Baekhyun for anything that happened between them, he knew he played a big role in everything. 

He knows how it feels like to be left behind, the pain that came with it. That's what he felt and what he's been feeling ever since he's lost his mother. Leaving people behind was definitely a lot easier than being the one left behind, the one left behind always wonders what the other person is doing, where they were, if they still felt the same way as them or if they're ever coming back. 

Baekhyun sat up straight in his bed, hugging his knees on his chest, he looked out the window where he could clearly see the dark sky, the twinkling stars and the moon that illuminated his whole surroundings, he started crying. He didn't know why he felt the sudden urge to just let out all his worries, he hasn't cried so much in years, everything he's bottled up for so long finally consumed him.

He felt really really bad for hurting Chanyeol yet again, all the male wanted was assurance that he too felt the same way. Why couldn't he have just been a loving partner and tell him he loved him too, very much and that he wants them to be official. 

Suddenly he thought of something his old physics teacher always told him. Finally, it all made sense. He said under his breath as he recited, "a minute you waste, is a minute you can never take back".

He glanced at the moon, he promised that when he got back he was going to tell Chanyeol he was sorry and that he loved him, how much he can't live without the male. He promised to stop doubting everything, and just let his guard down. He no longer cared whether he was lacking in areas, Chanyeol loved him and he wasn't going to waste their time on his stupid insecurities. 

He reached out to his phone looked at a photo of Chanyeol he secretly took of him one night, and started a caressing it, he set an alarm earlier so that way he can visit his mother earlier and hence get home earlier too, he planned to surprise Chanyeol in his apartment, he knew he was at a fault and wanted to mend things before everything became out of hand. 

He took one glance up at the moon, "even though were far way now, I wish you were looking at the same thing as me...I love you Yeol, wait for me okay? I'm ready!" He whispered.

He slipped his phone on his bed side table and slid down to his bed, hugging one of the pillows on it he allowed sleep to take over him, he was now determined to show his love for Chanyeol and he couldn't wait any longer. 

-

Somewhere, an hour or so away, that same guy was indeed looking at the sight of the moon as well, even with the light pollution caused by the city lights, he spotted the moon, he stared at it for awhile and his mind immediately shifted to Baekhyun. He sighed, he wished he could've replied to Baekhyun in a more loving manner than just an okay, but because he didn't know what to respond with and the fact he was with Dara, he couldn't. 

He really should explain everything to Baekhyun as confusing and stuffed up this arrangement was and even if for him it was hard to comprehend, he didn't mean for any of it to happen, but it just kind of happened and he was too deep into it at the time he was at his lowest after Baekhyun left, he just couldn't stop even if he knew it was wrong.

He was about to sleep when he heard his doorbell ring, he cursed and thought of who could be on the other side of the door and visiting him at ungodly hours. He swears if this is Jongin again complaining about Kyungsoo having the upper hand in the relationship, he was going to throttle the male. He basically had to drag his whole body out of bed all the way till he reached the door.

"Who is it? I swear Jongin of this is you..Do you even know what time It is?" There was no response, which he started to feel anxious of. He was thinking twice whether he should open the door or not. 

It was a stupid act, but he decided to open it anyway. His eyes immediately popped out of their sockets when it wasn't Jongin he saw. He was shocked to see a stressed looking woman standing before him.

"Dara?"

-

It was the day, Baekhyun woke up in an exceptionally excited state, they made a quick visit to his mother's grave where he tried to get as much courage and strength from, he was glad he was able to. When he leaves this place he was leaving his own worries, burdens and pain there too. He was going to let his guard down once again, and he knows that there is no one else he would do that for another than Chanyeol.

He was on the train and was contemplating whether he should text Chanyeol and tell him he was on his way to his apartment. He then realised that just defeats the whole purpose of surprise and turned the idea down. Closer to his stop, he realised he actually had no idea where Chanyeol's lived, he thought his plan was already wrecked, he frowned to himself. 'Well, isn't this great'.

He had no choice but to ask Chanyeol, and in doing so it would give him away and therefore no more surprise, he was about to press Chanyeol's caller ID to call when he stumbled upon Kyungsoo's number instead. His face lit up in excitement and he quickly rang his bestfriend. He was hoping and praying that Kyungsoo would have Chanyeol's address, and he grew more excited when the latter confirmed, he in fact knew where it was and immediately Baekhyun asked for it. 

He was back in his estatic state knowing he was so close to the love of his life, Chanyeol.

-

He was humming to himself, even whistling to try and keep his nerves as calm as possible, he was just about to confess to Chanyeol, face to face. He knew that he had nothing to be nervous about it's just Chanyeol, but that's the thing. It's Chanyeol. 

He got to the corner of the street and he suddenly felt his heart race as he sees the back of Chanyeol just outside his apartment, he smiled and was about to take another step forward but immediately took it back when he saw that Chanyeol was speaking to someone, they seemed pretty intimate and close from where Baekhyun was standing, he tried to peek behind the wall and tippy toe to see who Chanyeol was speaking so intimately to, he couldn't see very much due to Chanyeol's tall figure. 

Finally, after a few second of struggles, he saw a glimpse of the person. She wasn't that tall, it makes sense now why he couldn't see her very much, his chest tightened, knees became weak and he grabbed hold onto the wall for more support. It was Dara.

He hid even more behind the wall, still with full view of what was happening. He attentively watched as the two talk, so closely. He couldn't really see Chanyeol's face, all he could see was Dara's and he knew what that face was. It was lust and love all in one.

"I love you too, Dara but-" Chanyeol now talking in what sounded like a tired tone, was cut by Dara suddenly pulling him by the back of his neck and into her lips. 

Baekhyun gasped, he felt like he was going to die, as if he just witnessed that. How could Chanyeol so easily say he loved someone else when he made it clear to Baekhyun that it was him he loved. Was Chanyeol just playing around with him? 

He was in utter shock his feet felt like they were cemented on the floor, he couldn't move as he watched them kissing right in front of him. He was snapped back to reality with his phone suddenly ringing making Chanyeol turn around. 

"Baek..it's not what you're thinking."

He watched as Chanyeol's face looked at him filled with worries and shock as he fiddled around trying to reach in his pockets to look for his phone he didn't take his eyes of the couple, he managed to grab it out and see it was Kyungsoo, he didn't answer and turned his phone off. 

"Uh..I'm..uh.,s-sorry..I-I think I w-was d-disturbing." He quickly turned his heel and took the other direction away from the two and started running, he had no energy to run, but he needed to get as far away as possible from there. 

Chanyeol just shattered his heart yet again, he knew Chanyeol was running after him but he didn't turn around even after every desperate calls to his name. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: *heaviest sigh* I wonder what will happen next! By the way guys, don't hate on DARA, I love her to bits and I really wanted her to be part of this.

Thank you for getting this far into the story!! And I hope you're enjoying it! And I feel an ending starting to formulate in my head, I'll let you guys know when I'll be ending ! 

BTW. GUYS IM THINKING OF WRITING ANOTHER FIC! DO YOU GUYS PREFER IT BEING ANOTHER BAEKYEOL/CHANBAEK or a GIRL/BAEK or GIRL/YEOL?

Till next time chingus~ ! <3 see you on the next chapter! 

And hi to my bestfriend who is currently reading this too ! XO! ;)