Selfless me..

Just like last time..

"I can't get him out of my head, I try to keep busy, I try to do anything just so I don't sit around doing nothing but think. It's like my body doesn't agree with my mind and they are in two separate places. My mind and heart is with him but my body is here." Sehun continued to look at the Sunset not wanting to face Baekhyun and show him how hurt he really felt, how much it affected him, he didn't want the other male to see the pain obvious in his eyes.

"It hurts because for him I will only be a young immature boy, he's moved on with someone else now and it's because of me Baek. I was stupid to let him go." Tears starting to form at the corners on his eyes, he wipes them with the edge of his fingers.

"Just like the sunset, he disappeared and left my life cold and dark. But unlike it, regardless of how eagerly I wait, that sunset of mine will never come back....Why is it so hard to let him go and move on. He's happy now, why can't I just be happy for him. He's accomplished everything that he has ever wish for, he's got his bakery, his got a new lover. I should be happy for him, I should be cheering him on but why am I hurting this much. I'm so selfish right?" 

After letting Sehun have his vent and keeping quiet after Sehun told what he's been bottling in for the longest time, he finally spoke. Although he didn't exactly know what to advice his upset friend he continued.

"Sehun-ah, do you want to speak to him?" 

Sehun looks up slowly contemplating Baekhyun's question, it's something he's been wanting to do and his answer should've been a quick yes, yet he thought about it, he let the question linger in his mind, till he looked at Baekhyun with pain in his eyes. 

"No." 

Sehun's answer caught Baekhyun off guard, after having heard Sehun basically cry out his love and regret towards losing what he called his sunset, Baekhyun was surprised, he didn't know what to think.

"Why not?" He looked at Sehun in question, who just looks away from him and brings his gaze back onto the sunset.

"It's a tempting offer Baek, it really is. You don't know how much strength it's taken for me to decline your offer. To decline every opportunity." He paused.

"He doesn't deserve someone like me, as I said before, his life right now it's perfect. I don't wanna intrude and create more damage that I've already created in the past. As much as it hurts me, and as much as I can't get over him, and I know I won't...he's happy now. And that's enough for me. I am selfish and I've been selfish and that's why I lost him. This time around I choose not to be just that."

Baekhyun still lost in Sehun's sudden change of view from one minute showing deep depression towards the loss of Luhan to one that didn't want to speak to his past lover, he asked for more clarification. 

"Sehun, I don't understand, you can't let him go, yet you don't wanna speak to him and try and fix things? Didn't you say if you had a second chance in something you'd grab it with both hands and never let it go? Why are you all of a sudden changing? I didn't expect this from you! You're always telling me about second chances and communication is important in a relationship." 

"Baek, if I really wanted to talk to him I would've done it ages ago...back when I saw him open his bakery. I wanted to talk to him so bad, beg him to come back to my arms. But Baek, it's unfair on him."

Baekhyun remained silent meaning he wanted Sehun to further explain his confusing reasoning. And after a few seconds of silence Sehun continued.

"Baek, it's because I'm choosing to be selfless this time. I love him, that's why I'm staying away from him. I love him that's why even if I'm not happy because I'm not part of his life I'm willing to sacrifice that. If he really still loved me, he wouldn't have left and never came back on the first place. If he still wanted me, he shouldn't have told Chanyeol not to tell me where he was. When he saw me standing outside his bakery, he should've stopped me when he saw me walking away. He's clearly happy and content now, who am I to destroy everything he has worked so hard to move on from."

"Sehun, you can't be so sure." Baekhyun raised his voice slightly getting annoyed because even though he saw where Sehun was coming from he knew that what Sehun was doing was just cowardly.

"I was put in the exact same situation as him, Sehun. You can't be sure of one's feelings simply because you assume they feel a certain way. I, for a fact attest to that. left Chanyeol and never came back, I didn't tell Chanyeol where I was for a long time. I basically ran out of the train the first time I saw Chanyeol after running away from him for years. But Sehun look at me now, back into Chanyeol's arms we're happy and together. And the feelings I had back then has remained even after so long....Sehun, you can't be sure he doesn't love you anymore when you haven't even given it a chance to speak to him about it." 

"How could you be so sure he still loves me Baek? Tell me! You're here telling me how you can't be sure one's feelings by pure judgement, then tell me how you could be so certain?"

"Sehun, I'm not....I can't be certain....But let me tell you this, I know how pain looks like, I've seen it all too many times, so to see the pain he so desperately tried to hide from me, behind his every smile, I'm sure that he wants to talk to you just as much as you want to talk to him. Maybe you may not be able to bring things back to how they were even after you talk, maybe you will. But sometimes it's all about taking a risk and sometimes there's just somethings that are need to be said."

"Something you don't know can't hurt you." Sehun replied coldly.

"But that something could also kill you.." Standing up he walks slowly away from Sehun who grabs him by the arm just before he gets away from him.

"You saw him?"

"I think you should too.." And with that Baekhyun left, and while walking away he sends a text message to Chanyeol.

'He's on his way'.

-

"Baek, how could you be so sure that Sehun would go see Luhan straight after your talk with him?" After picking him up from their spontaneous meeting with Sehun, Chanyeol asked the male who even though tried to look calm, he can see traces of uneasiness in the male sitting on the passenger seat next to him.

"Yeol, regardless of how much you prevent things from happening, if it's meant to happen it will happen. Sehun and Luhan just both needed a push. Now that we've given that to them, it's up to them how they use it." Baekhyun said as he got out the car and met Chanyeol just in front of the car door where Chanyeol just got out from.

Chanyeol tightly hugging Baekhyun and rested his lips on the tip of Baekhyun's ears he whispered.

"This is why I love you! You're so intelligent." 

Baekhyun smiled to himself and playfully broke Chanyeol's tight hold.

"So you only love me coz I'm intelligent? Wow, Yeol, I can't believe you..I'm leaving."

"Oh please Baek, stop being so overly dramatic. You know I love you because your Byun Baekhyun...you can't get any better than that?" Grabbing Baekhyun back in his tight hold, slightly biting his boyfriend's ear knowing his won. 

-

-

It was a lazy day in Chanyeol's apartment, Baekhyun had no lectures to attend nor have duties in the clinic and Chanyeol had no plans or gigs that day. This was such a rare occasion that both males had nothing to do for the day and because Chanyeol was a man who don't waste time he planned to do something with Baekhyun, who was sitting on the couch and seemed like he was bored out of his brains.

"Baek? You know we've been together for awhile now and...there's still something we haven't done yet." Making his way next to Baekhyun he sat at such an extremely close proximity to the male.

"Yeah, what?" Baekhyun tried to say at such a flat tone, trying to sound as disinterested as possible to try and remain calm with Chanyeol suddenly closing in on him, if he was being honest there was one other thing they haven't done as a couple and the thoughts playing in his head were something he knew he wasn't ready for right at that moment. But judging from Chanyeol's behaviors he had other things in mind.

"Not even gonna try and guess Baek?" Moving his lips next to Baekhyun's ears and whispering with his voice deep, starting something in Baekhyun. Not moving his face away from next to Baekhyun's he looked intently at him, Baekhyun felt tense and found himself naturally leaning his back on the couch. He gulped as Chanyeol followed suit and moved even closer to his face.

"Yeol, you know I love you and I'd do anything just to please you..b-but I-I don't think it's t-time yet to-" 

"To what Baek?" Chanyeol Innocently looked at him titling his head in question, intentionally playing dumb.

"Y-You know...like...isn't that what you want? Something we as a couple haven't done?" Gulping again Baekhyun tried to keep his nerves from taking the best of him. He could feel his cheeks burning up and for sure they would be so red. He wasn't sure why was Chanyeol even all of a sudden being like this. He was just peacefully sitting down contemplating life and the next thing he knows is his got Chanyeol basically pouncing on him.

Pulling back and waving his arm in the air struggling to breathe, Chanyeol let's out a loud laugh leaving Baekhyun looking at him in question.

"Wh-what...even...were you...thinking...Baek? I meant...date...we haven't gone...on a date..." Struggling to talk in between his laughs he managed to get some words out that Baekhyun could comprehend.

"What? A date?"

"Yes a date! What the hell were you even thinking? You went so red! What dirty thoughts have been playing around your brain?" Slowly his laughter phasing off he was able to start a proper conversation.

"And what makes you think I'm going to go on a date with you after what you just did. You're dreaming! Stuff you Chanyeol!" Baekhyun leans back on the couch with his arms crossed he rolls his eyes at how immature Chanyeol was just being.

"Doing what? Baek, I wasn't doing anything?" He still had traces of laughter in his voice but he is starting to sense that his boyfriend was indeed pissed he started to panic.

"Park Chanyeol, you knew exactly what you were doing! And it was not funny." Not sparing a glance at his boyfriend he firmly takes his stand and Chanyeol who is now sitting next to him, tried to console him, he tried to resist the temptation to smile.

"Baek, are you mad? I'm sorry. I just wanted to ask you out on a date, I didn't know you were going to be offended by it. How about we just go out now?" Chanyeol caressing his boyfriend's arms who was still looking away from him. 

Baekhyun suddenly looks intently at Chanyeol, slowly leaning in closer to the male staring blankly at him he smirked, confusing Chanyeol who was leaning back away from Baekhyun. Seeing that Chanyeol can't lean back further Baekhyun halted merely centimeters from Chanyeol's lips hovering over him. He tilted his head mimicking Chanyeol's actions just before and gave him a tight smile and said in the same flat tone, 

"No." And stood up and left Chanyeol dumbfounded. 
-
After a few minutes of knocking at Baekhyun's locked door explaining his reasonings and basically begging the male to forgive him, he opened the door only when Chanyeol threatened to break the door down if he didn't open up, which resulted in him allowing his boyfriend to enter his own room. 

Once inside Chanyeol immediately engulfed Baekhyun in a hug and apologized continuously, which Baekhyun found really cute and made him feel extremely loved. He eventually hugged Chanyeol back and finally agreed to the date that started all the commotion. 

Although he was just doing it for the pure fun and entertainment of it, Baekhyun did get something out of it. Even though he knew how much Chanyeol loved him, this was assurance that even if he was being unreasonable Chanyeol would always be the first to speak and try and solve the problem. 

This just proved how much Chanyeol treasures their relationship that regardless of how big or small their issue is, Chanyeol's love will always be much greater than it, and it just made Baekhyun love the male even more and understand why he is willing to do the same for the male. He can't live without him anymore, he can't imagine life without the male that was hugging him securely right in that moment. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guysssss!!! Okay before you guys eat me for my late update, please hear me out! I've just had things to do during the time I was away. I won't go into details but they were just really really tough and important things. And I'm so so so so so sorry about it affecting my updating and essentially affecting you guys! I really tried hard to finish this one for you guys who are still interested in this fanfic, and I am truly thankful for it!

I promise that would be the last time it will take for me to update! (I will try my very hardest)

While I was gone I've also started a new fanfic, it's going to be a two shot, another Baekyeol fic, which I'm not sure when I'm going to upload, but it's in the process! ;) so hopefully soon!

and I've got another one I've started...all these ideas are just coming to me. 

Anyways...for those that still read up until this chapter, truly I thank you! Next chapter won't take long! Within the week max! And it's Baekyeol's 'first' date!

Okay! Till next time chingussssss! <3 you guys are so great!! Thankyou! ^.^