Not again..

Just like last time..

It had been a crazy month for Baekhyun, with the sudden appearance of his ex-boyfriend causing a rift between him and his bestfriend and the interesting confrontation between him and his ex-boyfriend, he didn't know how he still manages to go to school and take classes everyday after all that. Everything was back to normal, other than the fact that he didn't need to consciously try and avoid Chanyeol, this kind of just happened naturally. His relationship with Kyungsoo couldn't have been better, Kyungsoo was rapidly getting over Chanyeol, which surprised Baekhyun, he no longer felt awkward when Luhan or Sehun bought Chanyeol up in their conversations, and even took part in them, maybe because Kyungsoo really did feel bad about it and therefore his recovery didn't take that long, Baekhyun thought. Luhan and Sehun took the leave because they said they had "stuff" to do, which Baekhyun caught on what they meant straight away and hurried them to go without hesitations. He smiled to himself as he watched the couple hold hands and stare lovingly at each other, at least they found each other. 

He was now left with Kyungsoo sitting at the picnic table facing each other.
"So Baek, how are you and Chanyeol going?" Kyungsoo asked in an attempt to converse with his bestfriend. Baekhyun was caught off guard with Kyungsoo's sudden question about his ex-boyfriend. 

"Uh, going? Well, there's nothing really going between us." Baekhyun answered with an unsure tone in his voice, he wasn't sure what answer Kyungsoo was after. "What do you mean nothing is going? Didn't you guys fix your relationship?" Kyungsoo asked full of concern. "Yeah, we did." He confirmed. "So?" Kyungsoo continued.

"So?, so what?" Baekhyun still not sure of what his bestfriend meant. "So you mean you guys have fixed the relationship and there's nothing going on? What?". Baekhyun finally caught on what he was after and answered. "If you mean to ask if we are back together, no we're not. We've fixed what needs to be fixed for the time being but nothing more." Kyungsoo confused with the set up remained silent and just agreed to it, respecting his bestfriend's decision to share only what he wants to share. 

Baekhyun took notice of Kyungsoo's disappointment in his answer and said "Kyungsoo-ah, love" his voice trails, "Love is a complicated kind of thing, it's probably the best kind of feeling in the world, to fall in love and to be in love, but Kyungsoo-ah, it can also give you the worst kind of pain, leave you the deepest scars. Love gives you strength but at the same time it can make you so vulnerable and weak."

He stops and holds his bestfriend's hand from across the table. "When you love someone truly, you also give them power to hurt you." He looks his bestfriend in the eyes "Sometimes, even if you love someone sincerely, you just can't be together, regardless of how badly you want to be with them, how badly you want to hold them in your arms, you know it's just not right." Kyungsoo understood exactly what Baekhyun meant and he just nodded.

-

Graduation was tomorrow, 6 years of hard work has paid off. He was finally graduating, Baekhyun thought. This was probably one of Baekhyun's greatest achievement in his life, he actually finished Highschool and regardless of all the challenges that came before him, he pushed on and got through every obstacle. He has never been so excited to attend something school-related, his graduation was a milestone in his life, this was the start to the end. 

He had fixed his attire ready for tomorrow hanged up neatly next to his bed, he has been staring at it for a long time, he reminisced about the past 6 years that flew right by, he slowly closed his eyes ready to fall asleep thinking about his special day, when he heard a loud knocking on his door, "Baekhyun! Baekhyun Wake up!!! Baekhyun! Open the door! Byun Baekhyun!" he was startled awake and he rushed to open the door where he was shocked to see his older brother panicking and crying. Pleading his brother for a response, he grabs hold of his shoulders and shakes him "Hyung, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" 

"Baekhyun-ah, eomma, eomma got rushed to the hospital. I was about to go to my room to sleep when I saw her come out, I asked her what she's doing and she said she was just getting something to drink, she told me to sleep, and so I left her, then I heard a loud thud coming from where I last left her." Baekhyun's brother stopped, took a deep breath and continued. "I ran to where she was and I saw her on the floor, unconscious and I called to appa who rushed her straight to the hospital." Baekhyun was petrified and did not know what to do, he quickly put his shoes on and headed straight for the door "Hyung, let's go!" 

-

It was the day of Graduation, everyone was excited, but no one's excitement could compare to Chanyeol's. He was graduating, but not only that he was graduating with Baekhyun he thought this was impossible because he didn't expect to come back to this school, but it was all coming true, after tonight he's not going to let Baekhyun go. He's not going to let this moment pass, school is finally finished and he can now pursue his suppressed feelings towards the smaller male. He's given Baekhyun a lot of space already, some alone time to think things through, a time in which he requested from him. He can't keep his feelings in any longer, he's waited long enough. 

He imagined graduation ending with his hand intertwined with Baekhyun as they walk out of the hall, full of love and happiness back in each other's arm. He was patiently waiting at his seat for Baekhyun to come and take his, the sitting arrangement was in last name Alphabetical order, so he wasn't sitting anywhere near Baekhyun, but was still able to spot where the smaller male's seat should be. He didn't mind where he sat, he was sitting next to Sehun considering his last name was 'Oh', he knew Sehun was close with Baekhyun, and he remembered him from before he left. Not a lot of people actually noticed his absence as he was always the quiet one in school, he took the leave without anyone noticing, as his disappearance didn't really affect the school at all. So he's not surprised that when he came back, it's as if he never really left, not a lot of people actually cared.

The ceremony was starting any minute now and Baekhyun was still nowhere to be found. Chanyeol was starting to get worried as his kept looking down at his watch. Suddenly he felt a slight vibration on his left leg as Sehun's phone buzzed in his pocket. Sehun quickly reached in and looked at the messaged he had received, Sehun's eyes widen as he scanned through the message, he quickly dialed numbers on his phone and whips the phone next to his ear. Chanyeol sensed that the phone call Sehun was making was somehow related to Baekhyun, he starts panicking internally as he listens to the conversation between Sehun and the person on the other end of the line. 

"What was your text about?" Sehun spoke a little to loudly. He looks around and says in a quieter voice "What do you mean he's not coming?...He's what?!...Right now?..Are you sure?...How is she now?" There was a long pause as Sehun placed a hand on his mouth from what he just heard. "Mhmm, yeah, yeah..do they know when they'll be back?" Sehun's face dropped "Okay, I understand...I'll see you then." Sehun pulls out the phone from his ear and puts his phone back in his pocket with a heavy heart. 

Chanyeol couldn't just still there, worried about Baekhyun who still wasn't there and a random phone call where Sehun was talking about someone not coming, he put two and two together and mustered up the courage to ask Sehun. "Uhmm, Sehun are you okay?" Sehun looks at him with surprise, breaking his train of worried thoughts, Sehun recognize Chanyeol's face and realised who this guy was, he wasn't sure whether he should tell him about this important information but still gave in and said "It's Baekhyun, he's not coming." he responded a little coldly with Chanyeol's attention fully caught, "What do you mean? Is he alright? Did something happen?". There was long pause before Sehun could explain what happened without choking up. 

"They found a tumor in his mother's brain, and she is in critical condition right now. The hospitals here doesn't have the right equipment to help treat her condition, so they have to go overseas to try and treat her." He paused and looked at his watch as he said with a pained expression, "They are probably boarding right now, and they aren't sure when they'll be back or if they'll even be back."

Chanyeol's chest tightened, he lost Baekhyun again. There is no way of getting to him anymore, by the time he gets out of this building, grab a taxi and go to the airport it will be too late. Chanyeol plumps down on his chair and refused to accept defeat. For the third time, he had lost his lover, maybe the world is really against them being together, everytime there is a perfect opportunity for their relationship to continue and develop something always comes along and prevents 'them' from happening. This was probably his punishment for leaving his perfectly good relationship with Baekhyun behind and choosing his unloving parents who did nothing but criticize everything he did over his boyfriend, for seeking something better and for not being content with the love he received. Chanyeol just wanted to leave the place and just crash into his bed, he no longer cared about the graduation he just wanted to sleep his sorrows away and maybe when he woke up everything will be fine, Baekhyun was his again sleeping soundly next to him, but he knows he's not that lucky, this imagination can't happen, the biggest slap across his face came from reality, Baekhyun had left, before they were just schools apart, meters apart but now they were a worlds apart, there's no way of escaping this painful nightmare. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: That is all for now guys, ill see you again on the next chapter!! 

PS: actually sooooooo excited for you guys to read the next chapter...gahhhh!......Chanbaek's...... ;) kekekekeke~

Also, on the ending of the next chapter (which should be posted later (maybe)kekekek) i want you guys to comment and tell me how you see this story ending.  its not ending just yet, so dont worry. Just wanna see your thoughts so far.

Till next time my chingus! <3~