Serendipity

Just like last time..

It was already 8:00 in the evening and Baekhyun was on his way to the restaurant where he and Kyungsoo decided to meet, he was full of excitement as he walked to the restaurant after getting off the train. He was finally going to see his bestfriend after so long, he missed that short, full of white eyed idiot of a friend so much. He was at the door of restaurant when he spotted Kyungsoo sitting at a table near the back end of the restaurant, he was about to make his way over when he saw a glimpse of something that stopped him at his tracks, he stepped back shaking. He quickly whirled around out the door next to the entrance and leaned his back on the wall as if to use it as support just incase his knees gave in. He took a deep breath and exhaled it out he didn't know what to do, he can't go back in there like this, not like this. He quickly walked away from the restaurant not looking at where he was going, he bumped onto a stranger who was not looking his way either, busy looking down at his phone, the impact wasn't hard, but because Baekhyun was already weak he fell to the ground, the guy quickly helped him up "Oh crap! I'm sorry, I wasn't looking..A-are you alright?". Baekhyun didn't even respond nor looked at the guy, he got up and walked away. 

The stranger watched him walk away in confusion, "Was he drunk?" he shrugged it off and he left the scene, he opened the door of the restaurant and made his way to his boyfriend, "Jongin-ah!" Kyungsoo called him over with a huge smile, as he kissed the cheek of his boyfriend telling him to sit down next to him. "Kyungsoo-ah, if ever you go out drinking please make sure I'm with you or just drink moderately." Jongin said full of concern as he took the seat next to Kyungsoo, "Okay Jonginnie I promise, but..uh..why are you all of a sudden saying this?" Kyungsoo asked curiously. "Oh nothing, just a lot of drunk people on the streets tonight carelessly walking by themselves. It's really dangerous to be walking alone drunk at this time of the night you know." Kyungsoo agreed and shifted his attention to the male in front of him sitting quietly smirking, "Of course you would know everything about walking at night drunk, right Chanyeol?" 

Chanyeol gave him a sarcastic smile, "That was before, when I lost everything, I'm a change man now." He straightened his back and fixed the collar of his top to try and look sophisticated. Kyungsoo pretended to puke and started laughing, "Yeah, when you lost Baekhyun." Chanyeol's smile slowly dropped, he couldn't hide the hurt in his eyes, it's been so long and still the words stabbed like knives straight to his chest, Kyungsoo noticed, he didn't realise how careless his words was until it come out, he felt bad and tried to act casual, "Speaking of which, where the hell is Baekhyun. I didn't organize for this double date, for him to just bail out on us." 

"Kyungsoo, did you even tell him I'll be here as well?" Chanyeol asked the male in front of him. "Well..actually not entirely. I mean, I told him there was someone I wanted him to meet. Essentially, it wasn't even going to be you. I wanted him to meet this over here." He pointed to his boyfriend who just smiled at him. "But I thought, you know what, I'd be a great friend and play Cupid, I'll be the bridge to your relationship." He smiled as he took a sip of ice tea from his cup. 

"Wow, Kyungsoo! I'm so grateful." as he puts a hand on his chest. "But you know, I'd actually believe that if you picked to eat at another restaurant that my parents didn't own." Chanyeol dropped the grateful act and laughed at his sarcastic response. 
"Ya! That's not true I like the..ah..food here. But you're right, since it's your parent's restaurant, and since I made way for you two to meet, consider that as my payment, you're feeding us for free." Kyungsoo took another sip of his ice tea looking down at it, avoiding Chanyeol's gaze.

Chanyeol watched as Kyungsoo tried to hide his embarrassment and added "And Kyungsoo, if we're talking about playing Cupid, can I just remind you, I was the one who introduced you and that you call as your boyfriend together, if it wasn't for me and my connections to the music industry, then we wouldn't be here right now, so technically speaking you still owe me a payment." He smirked at himself seeing as he won the battle. 

-

Baekhyun was back at his apartment pacing back and forth in his room with his hand on his head. Seeing Chanyeol with Kyungsoo alone, just the two of them caught him off guard, "5 years is a really long time, I mean anything could happen during that time right?." He questioned himself. "Kyungsoo had feelings for Chanyeol, and maybe when I left Chanyeol developed feelings for him too." 

He recalled what Kyungsoo said during their conversation through the phone two night ago. "'There's someone I want you to meet', when people say that, they usually mean meet someone special, like a significant other right?" He questioned himself again, then it came to him, it finally clicked, "Oh God! Kyungsoo wanted me to meet with him, so that I can meet Chanyeol, as his boyfriend and possibly ask for my permission for their relationship to develop further. That way they won't feel as bad for being together. Out of courtesy of course." Baekhyun nodded to himself and concluded his theory. How did he not pick it up from the moment Kyungsoo said he wanted him to meet someone, he took one last glance at Kyungsoo's text message  about the dinner, and he was surprised to read, 'see yous there' how did he not pick up that this is an invitation for more than just one person. 

There was no way he could be wrong, why else would Kyungsoo bring Chanyeol onto a dinner which was initially for just the two of them, plus when he saw the two they seemed really comfortable with eachother they didn't even talk back then, so to see them that close something was definitely up and it was suppose to be just him and Kyungsoo but to bring Chanyeol along obviously something was going on between them. "Hang on Byun Baekhyun, why the hell does it even matter to you?" He lightly hit his head. "What? Did you expect that after 5 years of no contact, he'll still be into you? God you're so so so stupid Baekhyun-ah! Wake up! This is no fantasy!" He scolded himself.

He then realized how inconvienient it would be for the two at the restaurant waiting for someone who wasn't intending of going anymore would be, so he decided it would be fair to at least let the couple know he wasn't going anymore, he sent a quick message to Kyungsoo apologizing that he could no longer make it to their dinner. He lied and said something came up and had to attend to it immediately. He apologized again and bid his bestfriend goodnight. After sending the text, he felt a sense of relief, but of course that didn't last long when he heard his phone ring his heart sank, it was Kyungsoo. He contemplated whether he should answer it or not, if he answered there's a chance he'll hear Chanyeol in the background somewhere, but he couldn't just not answer his bestfriend's phone call, he purposely missed their dinner already, he can't just miss the call either. Even though his instinct was telling me not to answer he didn't wanna cause a big thing out of this, so he pressed answer and put the phone next to his ear. 

He took a deep breath and immediately he apologized skipping greetings, "Kyungsoo-ah, I'm sorry I couldn't make it tonight, it's such a short notice I know. But I had..uh..something important to attend to." *my broken heart* he thought.

No response from the other line.

"Kyungsoo-ah, hello? Are you there? I'm really sorry about tonight I know you were excited, so was I, but I just couldn't go. Are you mad? Hello?." Still no response, He pulled the phone from his ear to check if the call got disconnected, but it hasn't.

He put the phone back on his ear when heard a noise coming from the other line. "Uh..Hey Baek." His heart sank even deeper, he knew that voice from anywhere. He mentally cursed, *why did you even answer the freaking call Byun Baekhyun. You could've just made up an excuse that you were already asleep or something, so stupid. How did you not think Chanyeol would be the one calling*.

"God dammit" he said under his breath, he quickly put a hand on his mouth as if to try and hide the words that just slipped out. *Oh crap, did I just....oh dammit, stupid mouth! Stupid* he mentally cursed while he slapped his mouth lightly in annoyance.

Chanyeol apologized, in thinking he disturbed Baekhyun at his affairs "Oh, uh..I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..uh..disturb you. I just...I..we..were just worried if you were okay."

Baekhyun played dumb and acted as if he had no idea what was going on. "Hello? Chanyeol? Uhmm..Hey, I'm sorry what are you talking about?"

Chanyeol was dumbfounded, he forgot that Baekhyun didn't know about their meeting tonight. He started waving frantically at Kyungsoo who forced him the phone after dialing Baekhyun's number, he didn't know what to say to what he thought was another dumbfounded man. 

He was in a whirlwind of emotions, stressed, panic, he felt helpless and nervous, name it and he was feeling it all at the same time. He was freaking out, he didn't know how to explain everything to Baekhyun at that moment, the poor guy was probably wondering, firstly why the hell he was calling him suddenly using Kyungsoo's phone randomly after not seeing him for 5 years, excluding the unexpected meeting in the train, that even didn't count they barely even greeted each other, secondly why he was asking him if he was okay, thirdly why was he and Kyungsoo together. Chanyeol's nervousness took over him once more and he unexpectedly ended the call. Even he was surprised at his own action, he didn't know why he's always so nervous when it comes to Baekhyun, he's always been like that. He gave the phone back to Kyungsoo and muttered "I just blew it...again." He stood up off his chair and walked away, "When you're done, just tell them the meals are on me." He lifelessly told the couple. 

Feeling suffocated Baekhyun left his apartment and went for a walk, he couldn't breathe at the cloudiness that filled the building. After being shut down by Chanyeol, he couldn't bare just lie down in bed trying to make sense of everything that has happened, Chanyeol unexpectedly ending the call just made his assumptions stronger, he thought maybe Chanyeol just couldn't tell him straight up that he replaced him with his bestfriend. He made his way to the nearest park and sat on one of the benches and listened to music. Music tends to give him the answers he needed, to give him assurance that somewhere, someone out there feels the way he does, that he was not as alone as what this city made him believe.

He was genuinely getting into the song, but he couldn't stop himself feeling something different. Listening to music wasn't the same anymore and he didn't know why, he looked down at his phone, and then his eyes traced to his earphones. He then realized, this is why. It's funny how a change in something so small can entirely change and impact something so big, knowing that something is missing gives a different feeling about something else.

He forced himself to continue listening, but just couldn't. He took the earphones out of his ear and detached it from his phone. He was just about to put them in his pockets when from the corner of his eyes, he saw a hand slowly sliding his old earphones across the bench. 

"I believe this is yours."

A/N: hey guys, hope you're enjoying it so far. I really apologize for not being able to update sooner, my mind went on a mental blank, and I didn't wanna force anything and give out a crappy story!! 

By the way....Guys, I found something very cool. Wait, actually before that, fun fact the restaurant I used on the last chapter was indeed Chanyeol's real-life restaurant kekekeke~ And what I found after I wrote the chapter and did further research, the setting actually worked well with what I imagined it to be....

So if you wanna check it out here's the link: http://managerhyung.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/exos-park-chanyeol-at.html
So random, but I found it really cool!! 

Anyways, till next time chingus~