Promise me, you'll try

Just like last time..

They got in the car and was driving for awhile, Sehun wouldn't tell him where they were going but by Sehun's excitement, he knew they were going somewhere fun. Sehun always has the best taste when it comes to adventurous places, he liked traveling and sight seeing so Baekhyun wasn't worried. As long as he's far away as possible to the city he'll be fine.

Sehun stopped the car at a parking lot and to Baekhyun's surprise they were at an entrance of an amusement park. He laughed to himself thinking this is so typically Sehun. Regardless of his mature attire, there will always be that playful, inner child in him. 

Judging from all the paper work earlier, he knew that Sehun was in some sort of business, meaning he should be sophisticated and typically like the stereotype businessmen, in flashy suits and neckties, taking him to an amusement park was the last place Baekhyun would've guessed Sehun would take him. 

It was a day filled with fun and laughter, they went on all the adrenaline pumping rides they could hop on, ones that felt like your whole insides were churning and that makes you feel like knots are formulating from your intestines, rides that makes you scream your tonsils out and make your legs feel like jelly. They even went in the horror house, although both of them were not fond of such things, they still went knowing they had eachother. Today's theme was definitely "be fearless" so till the very end they endured all the rides and had a blast. 

"This place is better than bar right?" Sehun said loudly just as they were waiting for the roller coaster to start, he was trying to talk over computer generated announcer which was telling them about the seat belts and the safety precautions on the ride. 

Baekhyun smiled, "I think so, and plus it doesn't give you a throbbing headache the day after." 

Clearly both of them needed this day as 'healing time' and it seemed to work because they both forgot about their worries for awhile.

-

They had been at the amusement park for almost a full day and it was starting to get late, and Sehun and Baekhyun was tired from all the running around and the crazy rides they went on, they decided to leave the place and head somewhere else. It wasn't dark at all but the sun was soon to set.

As they were driving back Baekhyun couldn't help but be in awe at the sight he saw. Sehun took notice and pulled the car over.

The sunset was beautiful, the different tinges of yellow, orange and red covered the whole sky, the clear blue sky that consumed almost the whole day was no longer evident and the sun was getting ready to hide for another few hours. The two stood there in total awe as they watched the sun slowly get consumed by darkness. 

After awhile of silently admiring the beautiful scenery Sehun sighed deeply and slightly took his gaze off the sun, with his lips forming a thin line he said full of emotions

"Funny isn't it, how beautiful it could be. It's amazing how it's the only thing that basically keeps us alive. Without it everything would be so dark and cold. Sometimes you're even too busy admiring it that once that leaves.." He pointed at the perfectly round yellow sun peeking from the horizon. "...You almost forget that beautiful thing can turn this whole place into nothing but darkness, something so dangerously miserable."  He paused for a bit.

"It just makes you think that everything has to come to an end. A beautiful fun day with you is almost over. I wish days as memorable as this wouldn't end. It's a shame right? Life only gives you such a short time to live in this beautiful place......Don't you ever wish sometimes you could just prevent things from ending? If only you can turn back time and make things right." 

He took a quick glimpse at Baekhyun who had just been listening to him all that time he paused for a bit as if contemplating whether he should bring it up. Baekhyun was so dear to him and of course he would want only what's best for him. Even if he didn't like Chanyeol that much, he knew that Baekhyun was deeply affected by the male, it was obvious that they both loved one another. He turned his gaze back to the sun.

"Baekhyun, I am in no right to dictate you on how you should run your relationships at all, but whatever Chanyeol did to hurt you....please just give him the chance to at least try and save whatever else he could save between you two, listen to what he has to say." Sehun continued not taking his gaze off the sun, which is not as evident anymore.

"Running away is only good for a short period of time, you will still need to face it one day, sooner or later." He paused, what he's saying is coming from something way deeper than what Baekhyun would ever know.

"Sometimes, all we need is for you guys to listen to our reasons. I know that you've been hurt, but I can bet my life on it, Chanyeol would've been just as hurt or maybe even more. You have no idea how painful it is to see the person you love the most cry because of you." 

Baekhyun remained quiet as he listened, everything Sehun was telling him right now was hitting him so hard. Sehun was obviously or is still going through something to be able to say such things. He never expected the old, immature Sehun to be this emotional about something. These words did not sound like it came from a man in his mid-20's but a man who have lived a lifetime worth of experiences. 

"Baek, again, I have no right to ask you to promise anything but, promise me you're at least going to try and listen to him, hear him out Baek, you never know what could come out of it." 

"Okay Sehun-ah. I'll try, I promise!" He smiled slightly, and just as he said that the sun completely disappeared and the darkness was more prominent. He didn't know why he immediately promised to Sehun, he was in no state to see Chanyeol yet. But because Sehun looked sincere at his every word and desperate, he couldn't resist not to. 

They were now back in the car heading back to Sehun's apartment, they had such a great day, at least for one day both of them were able to forget their own pain and enjoy each other's company which they needed after being separated for so long. 

-

-

Baekhyun decided to stay with Sehun for a few days, he didn't want to go back to his apartment for awhile with a fear that Chanyeol might hike out his apartment and wait for his return; and knowing that Baekhyun couldn't miss his college requirements, Sehun was kind enough to drop Baekhyun off and pick up him up to and from his college. Baekhyun felt such a burden to Sehun, he was already giving him a place to stay for awhile and now he is being his personal taxi driver. Sehun never complained; he would always say that he loved his company and he was never a burden to him. 

He was basically living off Sehun's things, even the clothes he wore were Sehun's. He loved staying here and clearly Sehun didn't want him to leave so he thought getting a few more clothes and personal necessities from his apartment was the least he could do for the male, it's been awhile and surely Chanyeol would've given up on waiting for him, if he even cared that is. He hates the fact that he is scabbing off Sehun.

"Sehun-ah, I feel really bad for staying here longer than expected and-"

"Byun Baekhyun, how many times do I have to tell you, I love having you here. You are not a burden and besides being alone in this house, It gets really quiet." Sehun scolded him lightly, tired of explaining to Baekhyun every 10 minutes that it was fine.

"Okay, okay. But can I at least get some clothes and check up on my apartment, I mean you're already accepting me to your lovely home, getting my own clothes instead of borrowing yours all the time is the least I could do for the time being." Baekhyun explained his arguement, to the male who has playfully glaring at him.

"Why? Is there something wrong with my fashion?" Sehun smirked as he sarcastically looked at the male.

"Well..I mean there are some room for improvements." He smirked and joked back as Sehun playfully pushed his arm, he laughed.

"Okay, that's enough Baek, I mean I'd like to see if you have some sort of fashion sense, underneath all that." As he looked Baekhyun up and down, Baekhyun just smiled. 

"Well, I have more than...", He used his index finger to point at Sehun up and down, mimicking him "....that." 

-

-

After Baekhyun's activities for his college that Thursday, he decided to go home in which Sehun insisted to drop him off reasoning he was going that way anyways and they agreed -or more so Sehun demanded- that he would come back after an hour or so to pick him up again. 

Baekhyun caught the elevator and went up to his floor, he got out and walked to his apartment which was just a few steps from there, he was surprised to see a female figure reach out at his door and from what it looked like, stick something on his door, she stared at his door for awhile and she looked down grabbing hold of her hand bag tightly, she looks like she's been crying. 

She was mindlessly walking straight into Baekhyun and didn't see him there as she kept her head down that whole time. She was startled as she hit Baekhyun's arm, she looked up. Both were surprised to see eachother.

"Dara Noona?"

-
-

"Baekhyunnie, I'm so so sorry! Forgive me, I have done you wrong." Baekhyun was shocked at Dara, he looks at her full of question as he places a cup of coffee on his table in front of her. Why was Dara crying? Why was she asking him for forgiveness? If anything it should Baekhyun apologizing for potentially wrecking her and Chanyeol's relationship. Is that why?

"Dara Noona, why are you apologizing, hey...don't cry." His eyes soften as he sits next to next patting her back.

"I'm sorry Baekhyunnie, I had no idea. It's all my fault, I kept forcing my love for Chanyeol even if I knew he only saw me as a sister and in doing so I've hurt not only my family, Chanyeol but also you. My unrequited love for Chanyeol was wrong in so many ways and still I pushed for it to happen. I should've stopped my feelings even back to when we were little."

"Back to when you were little? Unrequited love? Dara Noona, it's not your fault maybe I just assumed too much from Chanyeol, he told you he loved you didn't he? Clearly he loves you." Baekhyun was now completely lost and had no idea what was going on or what she was talking about.

"No Baekhyun, it's my fault, it always had been. My love for him is wrong!" She stopped as she looked at Baekhyun dead-pan in the eyes.

"Baekhyun, I know that you've known Chanyeol for a very long time now right? And I'm sure you'd know about his past?"

Although he didn't know every single detail or every ins and outs of Chanyeol's past, he did have some knowledge of it, he knew that it's been the reason why Chanyeol turned out to be the way he is, loving and always making sure he showed love especially to those he truly cared for.

Chanyeol didn't really talk much about it, and because it was a sensitive topic Baekhyun would never actually ask Chanyeol, being mindful of the pain it caused him. He understood that with time, Chanyeol would tell him about it, but of course that hasn't happened yet considering of all the things that happened in between. So basically some of Chanyeol's past was a mystery even for him. Baekhyun nodded as he tried to remember the limited knowledge he had of Chanyeol's past.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! I am sincerely sorry for the late update, unfortunately I had a lot on my plate this week and til next week, I know...lame excuse..I too hate the "busy" excuse, but it can't be helped. I really really really apologise. Mianhe~! T.T....the next update may be awhile too! Sorry~~~~~! I'll try my hardest to get writing! 

Anyways, your thoughts on Chanyeol's past? Dara and Chanyeol's past? What happened between Sehun and Luhan?(...will it ever be explained??.. ;))

BTW: I was reading something today, when a certain poem caught my attention, it got me so emotional in a sense, and I felt like writing a one shot about it! So I may write that, and post it during the week, please anticipate it! 

Anyways! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for getting this far into the story! Thank you also for all your lovely comments! They brighten my day guys! Thank you!! :)))

Till next time my lovely chingus~~~~ <3!!!!!! See you next time! :)