Just like last time..

Just like last time..

It was a typical day at school, it was warm with the sun glistening high up from the sky but a slight breeze of cold wind passing by. Baekhyun walks his way from the bus stop to school, he had always been the type to enjoy a stroll around the block, or the everyday walk from the bus stop to school, he gets to see children with their parents smiling brightly as they separate from each other and the joy on the parent's face as they send their children away as they make their way back either to their home or to their work, the elderly lady who never fails to show her kind and sincere smile as she greets him a Goodmorning.

Baekhyun loves walking and seeing different things that cars and other driven mobile restricts you from seeing, he sees this as a way to be at peace, to be able to be by himself, to think for once. But this walk, this was different, this was a walk he didn't want to take, he was well aware of what awaits him as he sees his school in sight. With his pace becoming slower and his mind racing, he thought "Should I continue?"- Baekhyun stops at his tracks, looks down, closes his eyes for a second and places a hand on his forehead- "Would I be able to do it today?....Would I be able to hide my feelings again...for another day?". 

Baekhyun took one glance up at the sight of his school, almost welcoming..he hesitated but was able to muster up strength and courage to continue his way to the school, he knew that despite his brain's pleas to re-think his actions, his heart would not allow for him to turn around and walk away, every step he took came with a pound on his chest, but none the less he continued walking, a walk that leads straight to the pain and suffering of his chest, but at the same time a walk that threatens to make his heart explode and beat so fast, he continued walking. 

He walks through the school gates greeting the teacher who was in duty making sure everyone was presentable, he was glad that everything seemed normal, nothing was out of the ordinary, he makes his way to his friends Luhan and Sehun,  and they greeted him with huge smiles and enthusiasm. It was nice and comforting until Baekhyun realised that it was too normal, that it looked almost fake.

He half-smiled as everyone's expression changed when he asked "How's...uh....Kyungsoo-ah?", the couple only looks at each other but says nothing, so Baekhyun continued to give them more questions to respond to, "Is..is he still mad at me?".

After a few seconds of agonizing silence, Luhan looks straight into Baekhyun's eyes and says in a pitying tone "He isn't mad Baek, disappointed yes, but mad no.." He takes a small pause and looks at Sehun for reassurance "He...he just..he was just" seeing as Luhan was struggling to get words out, Sehun continues it for him, in a somewhat emotionless but understanding tone "He just didn't expect that the guy he has been obsessing about, didn't actually like him.." He hesitated for a second but continued. "Instead he actually liked his bestfriend...He didn't know how to take it when he found out that Chanyeol actually liked you Baek...and not him".

The words stabbed like daggers straight into Baekhyun's heart, he paused for a minute at every confirming word that Sehun said. Yesterday actually happened and Baekhyun had no way to run away from the reality that Chanyeol really did like him and worse his bestfriend hates him for a love he didn't even know came from Chanyeol, or so he assumed Chanyeol moved on.

Baekhyun didn't know how to take it from there, Luhan and Sehun reassured him that everything will be alright, but deep down he knew that nothing was alright. They make their way to their building and Baekhyun tries to hide his face, he lags behind the couple and his steps become heavier and heavier. He knows that he is bound to see one of them...Kyungsoo or Chanyeol.

To his luck he spots Chanyeol almost straight away as he walked through the sliding doors, he avoids any sort of seeming interest or eye contact towards Chanyeol as he makes his way to his locker, he quickly pulled out his keys from his pocket and pushed it in his locker's lock, he pulls open his locker door and grabs his biology books all the while he knew that Chanyeol was just watching him.

He felt Chanyeol slowly approaching him, and mentally cursed as his heart races, he was about to turn around to face Chanyeol to tell him what he really felt about him, but he spots Kyungsoo making his way to his locker, which happens to be next to his and eyeing the situation he realised that it would just cause a bigger rift between them if he continued with his initial plan, so instead of turning around to face a slowly approaching Chanyeol he closed his locker door and locks it, he continued to walk fast paced to his room without turning around and he hears a deep voice calling out to him "Baek-", with pain in his heart, he closed his eyes for a second trying to fight the urge to turn around and continued walking.

Biology went by as a breeze, Baekhyun enjoyed biology, the subject, he found was interesting and it was the only class he can breathe as no one significant was in that class, every class he had someone, either Luhan and Kyungsoo, just Kyungsoo or all three of his friends, it's not like he didn't like their company it's just sometimes he needed time to breathe and be by himself especially at times like this.

He unfortunately also had some classes with Chanyeol, which he mentally cursed at, he can't do anything in the class he feels restricted to do things, he feels his every move being watched and his whole existence being judged on. His thoughts about being judged by Chanyeol was cut short when the teacher announced that today is a half day, the teachers needed to finalize a few more things about the fast approaching graduation.

As he jolted up on his seat and straightened his back, his attention fully caught at the mention of graduation. Baekhyun thought "graduation?...GRA-DU-A-TION.." He mentally screamed. He had almost forgotten about his own graduation which is in less than a month. He then realised how short of a time he had left with everyone in this school, 6 years of Highschool is now coming to an end. He felt a drop in the pit of his stomach and an overwhelming feeling of sadness came to him, he realised "less than a month with Park Chanyeol". He knew that after this graduation there is a slim chance of him ever setting eyes on Chanyeol, they were taking extremely different paths and he wasn't sure whether their paths would ever meet again in the future, it was impossible he thought.

This should've given Baekhyun a reason to pursue his hidden feelings towards Chanyeol, but instead it did the opposite. He thought why pursue something that would eventually crash and burn once the year is over, right? Just like last time he had the same pessimist mindset, why continue something that, yes makes you happy for the time being but you know is going to come to an end anyways. Chanyeol's feelings towards him is probably just infatuation and is just a childish crush, it would be like history repeating itself, when he leaves he'll forget about it, him, them...like last time. 
-
-
"Baek.." Chanyeol whispers as he hugs Baekhyun closer, one arm around Baekhyun's waist pulling him closer and the other on the back of his head. Baekhyun's head resting on his chest as they lie watching the stars of the night.
"Mhmm?" Chanyeol could feel the vibration on his chest with Baekhyun's hushed answer. 
"You know I love you right? And you know that I would never do anything to hurt you?"
Baekhyun nodded almost falling asleep on his boyfriend's protective hug. Not even aware of what will happen next, or taking in what his boyfriend was saying. 
Chanyeol plants a kiss on top on Baekhyun's head and he continued whilst keeping his lips on there, he takes a deep breath and takes a whiff of what is uniquely Baekhyun.

"Baek, I'm leaving..my parents suggested for me to move schools because they don't see me excelling here anymore."
Finally fully aware of what's happening Baekhyun pulls out of Chanyeol's hold and sits up.

"You're what?" giving Chanyeol a cold stare not breaking the eye contact, Chanyeol sits up facing his boyfriend, he tries to grab onto Baekhyun but his hands were pushed away.

"Baek, they said that us, our relationship, it's eating me up, eating both of us. We're dragging each other down instead of pulling each other up. We're taking each other's time and we don't do anything else but spend it with each other, they are not against our relationship but they think we need time away from each other, we're young and we need to enjoy it." He pauses seeing the crystal ball of water forming on the edge of Baekhyun's eyes, he cups Baekhyun's face.

"I don't want to leave you Baek, but you know how much my parent's approval means to me." He paused again as Baekhyun looks down and breaks the eye contact, because Baekhyun knew this, Chanyeol has been seeking the approval of his parents for almost all of his life.

Chanyeol whispers "I love you Baek, and I don't wanna do this too, but I have too, I love-" he was cut when he felt Baekhyun breaking his hold on his face.

"NO Yeol!" Baekhyun looks up at his boyfriend and Chanyeol is surprised to see the tears streaming out of Baekhyun's face, his eyes blood shot.

"No, Yeol!" He repeats. "Don't say that you love me! Because you don't! If you really loved me you wouldn't leave me!". Chanyeol was shocked at his boyfriend's sudden lush out, "Baek, my parents..". He was cut again "Your parents Yeol? Which one? That one that abandoned you when you were younger? The one that sent you off to another family, the one that didn't even wanna take you back even after you.." He cuts himself, not wanting to bring back Chanyeol's past.

His voice breaks as he continue, "You say you don't wanna leave me, but you do because if you didn't, you wouldn't agree to your so called parents Yeol!" Baekhyun stood up wiping his tears with his sleeve "I hope you enjoy your young life without me you idiot!" He says in a sarcastic tone. "This is not even about your parent's approval anymore Chanyeol, this is about YOU wanting to get away from ME and live a 'single, boyfriend-free, young life'". Chanyeol stood up as well dumbfounded and not knowing what to say he faces Baekhyun who was no longer looking at him. "Goodbye, Chanyeol! Enjoy your life trying to please 'the parents' you are so desperately trying to seek approval from!" And with that Baekhyun takes the run away from Chanyeol. Chanyeol couldn't go after Baekhyun, it's as if his feet were cemented on the ground, he knew that his boyfriend was right. 
-
-
The bell had gone and technically Baekhyun could go home after biology, but instead he thought it would be a good time to catch up with Kyungsoo and settle some issues. They never had an arguement that lasted long, they both knew that they hated it when the other is mad or annoyed at them. So as Baekhyun was slowly making his way out of his room and to his locker, he was surprised to see the person he was already intending to talk to, waiting for him. He shouldn't have felt awkward considering this is the routine they did ones they finished their classes, but Baekhyun couldn't help but feel a sense of awkwardness inside of him as he slowly approached him and greeted. "Hi."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: hey guys this is my very first fanfic and I'm really excited as I have a lot of plans for this and the storyline set out. Chapter 2 is on it's way! Please anticipate it!!! I'd love to hear from you guys on what I gave so far! 

Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! :)