He still loves you

Just like last time..

"He was young back then, I was surprised when my parents came home with an unfamiliar child. He was shy, wore glasses and was very scared, he was walking weirdly at that time, he had a few faint red marks on his legs but most was not visible to me. I remember how I didn't like him at first, even after my parent's pleas to accept him I just couldn't, I mean how dare them bring in another child and introduce him to me as a brother. I enjoyed being an only child, I loved the attention, I thought Chanyeol was going to steal it all away from me." Dara went on, reminiscing her childhood. 

"We basically grew up together and as the years past instead of hating on him, I started to take pity, he would tell me stories about how unloved he felt under his real parent's care, although they never laid hands on him,-well up to the point when my parents decided to step in and take him that is-, or abuse him physically they abused him with words, and for me, hearing that, it hurts more. Cuts and bruises heal, but words can affect someone so much more, they abused him not only physically but emotionally and that is the reason why my parents decided to take him away from them." 

"Even after all the sad stories, he still told me with so much determination on his face that one day his parents were going to accept him and love him again, he never hated on his parents because at one stage he knew that deep down they cared for him. He thought maybe it was just stressful taking care of big companies that's why they were always mad at him....At some point between our interactions I started seeing Chanyeol as something else, it felt wrong and it was wrong because for a very long time we knew eachother as brother and sister.....I shouldn't have liked him in that way but yet, I still did."

Baekhyun was quiet next to Dara, he was now shocked, what the hell is going on?, he's known Chanyeol for a very long time yet he never heard of this 'sister' he supposedly had.

"Your family adopted Chanyeol? I'm assuming your families are somewhat close right? Then how come I never knew about you? I've known Chanyeol for a very long time yes, and I've known about his parents, but how come I never saw you or heard about you at all."

"My family and his, had been business partners for quite sometime, my mother is a really good friend of Chanyeol's mother, but after taking Chanyeol away, my parents decided to also cut off everything with the Parks. Initially they only wanted to make them realize what they were doing to their own son and it seemed to work, but in the process my parents grew to love Chanyeol just as their own, they didn't even wanna take him back..well, that was until..." She paused and silent tears were starting to formulate in her eyes.

"Well..when Chanyeol and I were in our early teens, I confessed my love for him, not just as sister but something else, Chanyeol who was so young back then, rejected my feelings and mindlessly told my parents about it and immediately they took action. He had always been the smart one between us. He knew that my infatuation towards him was wrong as we were basically siblings."

"We grew apart for quite sometime, especially when my parents took him back to his parents using his Highschool as an excuse to separate us. Although Chanyeol was the one who suggested and kept insisting to move back with his biological parents, my parents seized the opportunity with heavy hearts and let Chanyeol go." 

"Chanyeol never returned my feelings and I knew that, I guess he felt uncomfortable about it so he didn't tell you about me and as I said, we grew apart. I was always the pushy one but because my parents took every communication I had with Chanyeol, also because Chanyeol's parents hated us for taking him away, they didn't want to do business with us, nor be family friends. My parents were scared for my safety and....my feelings. So I never really got to see him much and that's why you never saw me. It was only a few years after he left school that they started to allow us to see eachother again, and even then nothing changed. He still couldn't see past our sibling relationship. And then I understood why..."

Baekhyun who was still confused at it all was having a hard time to take it all in, he had so many questions and he didn't know how something so unbelievable could happen, what a massive twist of life and fate. 

Dara grabbed Baekhyun's hands, she looked at him directly in the eyes.

"Baekhyunnie, I know that you're still hurt about everything, and everything may seem so confusing right now, but please don't be mad at Chanyeol it's not his fault but mine. Believe me when I tell you, he loves you because I see it in his eyes, I know so because when he told me, I felt his sincerity. I saw something flicker in his eyes, the way he said he did, I saw something in him that I've never seen before. Love that I've never seen in him, but only comes out with the mere mention of your name."

Baekhyun was confused, but at the same time he knew in the very deepest part of his soul and being, he was glad. At every end of a dark, miserable tunnel, there will always be light. 

"Baekhyunnie, if only you knew how he lived after he left school, now it all makes sense to me why he was like that. Baek, it's all because of you. It's because he loved you and he still does. Please Baek, don't be mad at him for the mistake I made."

-

Baekhyun was quiet all throughout the car ride back to Sehun's apartment, he really didn't know why he went back with Sehun when he was perfectly fine on his own, he had no reason to stay away from his apartment anymore. Chanyeol was the only reason and yet even that reason right now, is invalid. 

"Sehun-ah, can you please tell me what happened after I left?" Breaking the silence between them.

"Well, Everyone was pretty much down the dumps, everyone dear to you kept asking either me, Kyungsoo or..uh..Luhan, if there was any news from you. Every day we'd receive a message from at least one person asking about your mother."

"How..how about..Ch-Chanyeol?" Baekhyun whispered.

Sehun let out a breath remembering Chanyeol's determination back then, "He was probably the most concerned out of all of us actually, probably more than the 3 of us put together, he'd visit your house everyday just to see if any of you guys or even a distant relative would come by, thats after we've told him so many times that you won't be back for awhile." 

"Not a day past without him doing something, anything that could at least make himself feel like he was doing something to at least try and get to you or find you. Before I left for the city a few months down the track after you left, almost everyone lost hope that you were going to come back. No one heard anything from you for a very long time, so people assumed you guys were planning to stay overseas for good, everyone hoped that your mother would get through it and they still cared, but after awhile everyone stopped asking, seeing as they would just receive the same empty news, well..everyone except for Chanyeol. He didn't give up on you, even if it was his own future he detriment, he went full-time on just trying to find you, that's all he did. I heard from Kyungsoo that even after I left, he never stopped." 

Baekhyun remained quiet and said nothing even after they got in Sehun's apartment, he went straight to his temporary room in Sehun's home and not having any appetite to eat dinner, he bid Sehun goodnight and didn't leave his room.

Although he went to bed early, it doesn't mean he slept early too. He didn't even realized it was late when he looked at his phone and see it was past 1 o'clock already, he was just blankly looking at the ceiling for hours, he didn't know what he was feeling, he wasn't sad but he wasn't happy either. He basically had no emotions and it was keeping him up. 

It was late and he knew that the person in his mind would probably get pissed off for calling at this ungodly hour, but he thought to hell with it.

He went on his contact and searched for his name and pressed call, it rang for awhile and he thought he wasn't going to pick up, just as he was about to give up and end the call, he heard some shuffling from the other line.

"Hello?" He whispered. 

"Mhm, who's this? Do you know what time it is?" The male on the other line groggily replied.

"I know, I'm sorry Kyungsoo-ah..I..I..just can't sleep." 

"Mhmm...If you....can't sleeeeep..then....exercise...drink warm milk, I don't know..How the hell am I suppose to get you to sleep....do you want me to sing you a freaking lullaby." Kyungsoo's replies were slow, probably dozing off trying to keep himself awake.

"No, I'd rather not, well not when you've probably got mucus and phlegm all over your throat, your voice won't sound as pleasant and-"

"Byun Baekhyun! you call me in the middle of the night, when I was perfectly sleeping just to mock me? I'm hanging up talk to me tomorrow-" 

"No wait!! Please. Please just talk to me for awhile. I need to know something....about Chanyeol." Baekhyun softly said, and on the other side of the phone he could hear Kyungsoo shuffling around as if he just sat up at the sound of Baekhyun mentioning Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol? What do you need to know? Come on ask me!" Kyungsoo was now fully awake, excited to hear the latest goss about Chanyeol and Baekhyun. 

"Kyungsoo-ah, can you..tell me what..what happened after I left? How was he? Did he perhaps...uh..you know.,like I mean, it's uh-"

After a long pause from Baekhyun, Kyungsoo took the initiative to make it easier for him. "No, he didn't date anyone else. No, he didn't like anyone else and yes he still loves you." 

Baekhyun was surprised at Kyungsoo's words, he knew what Baekhyun was going to ask and more, even before he asked them. He knew that his bestfriend was straight up to the point, he didn't beat around the bush and so he knew that the latter wasn't lying, but he still needed to make sure.

"Are you sure? How do you even know? You couldn't have possibly kept an eye out on him for years, it's impossible he didn't like anyone else. 5 years is a very long time-"

"Baekhyun, you wake me up in the middle of the night to ask me a question and after telling you the answer, you straight away question it. Might aswell not ask if you're going to be doubting my answers...." 

"..And just to clarify, I actually know so. I know so because imagine receiving a text message, an email and a phone call every single day of that 5 years from someone just to ask about someone else....I know so because It was me and Jongin who had to drive Chanyeol's stupid home every night because he was drunk. Everytime he would curse at us, demand us to get you back, because he said he was dying inside, he was hurt, he didn't know how you were, if you were okay, if you were eating right, if you were sick or if you still loved him. Every night he would recite to us how much he's hurt you, how much he blamed himself for losing you so many times and how much he still loves you. Baek, I know so, because I was there when he threw his life away just for you."

Kyungsoo let out a small chuckle, "He even had this crazy idea that maybe if he was a good enough guitar player, he would be able to travel the world, and somehow find you that way. It was a crazy idea, impossible in everyway but that was the only reason he was able to lived on, a thin strand of hope was the only thing he was holding onto. A hope that you're going to come back to him."

Baekhyun has heard enough, he ended the call, he was stunned at the new revelation about Chanyeol, he expected Chanyeol to be sad about him leaving, but it never came to him that Chanyeol responded to it more drastically that he ever imagined, how selfish and cruel was he to just leave Chanyeol like that. 

-

Everyone was basically telling him about how big Chanyeol's love for him was, but how come it's just him that can't see that, he knows and he was sure of his love for Chanyeol but how come he doesn't wanna see him just yet? 

It's really different hearing how much someone loves you, it's different when it's other people telling you things that you had never even thought of. He leans out to a chair next to his bed and pulls something out of his jeans pocket, he looks at the items in his hands. His earphones that Chanyeol gave to him and a note that was slightly crumpled from being in his pockets.

'He still loves you, only you and just you forever' 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!! I honestly wasn't going to update today but hey it's here. Kekeke ^.^ I updated partly (well actually it was basically the only reason) because it's this guy's birthday today....I'm not actually sure if you've heard of him..he's like a baby lion, king of eyeliners, confident with his thighs, came up with this trend word kkaebsong, he's pretty silly sometimes and is always hanging around with 11guys, specifically this other guy named Chanyeol..kekekeke ;) 

HAPPY BAEKHYUN DAY!!!!!!! Happy birthday Baekhyun-ah! <3

And also I'm excited about EXO's comeback album, which will be or should be released in a few hours time. ;) more things to celebrate! 

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! So yes, there you have it, the mysterious past of Dara and Yeol. ;) 

My next update may take a little while, but I'm hoping it won't take long. But till then, I'll see you guys soon! ~~~~ 

BY THE WAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me so so so happy. I love getting feedback from you guys!!! You're all awesome!!! <3

and if any of you guys have tumblr, I'm always on there, feel free to drop by and I'd love to follow you guys! I'm 'aigoo-kai' on there. <3