Sacrifice

Just like last time..

Hey guys, I'm not usually the one to put my message at the top of my chapters but I swear it'll be the first and last time. Basically I just wanna apologise for taking almost a month to update. I've just got a lot on my hands lately, I've been away during the weekends which are when I write hence I haven't updated. 

I promised this update was going to be last but because it was getting too long (I've written 6000+ and still am not finished) I decided to cut the chapter in half, and I feel bad for not updating so I tried to update as soon as I can so I apologies for any grammatical or spelling errors. 

Lastly, guys this is lame but if you want follow me on twitter that way you know I don't fib when I say something and we can interact through there, and I can update you guys on the status of my fic and where it's at and what not.

@aigoo_baekyeol

Again, I'm sorry for the late as update, I'll try and get the second half out in 2 days time! 

------------/--/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-:-:-:-:-:-:-:/-/-/-/-/-//-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-//-/-::-:-:-::-:-:-/-:-------

 

Chanyeol woke up that morning in a stir, he turned to his side in hopes to wrap his arms around Baekhyun when the only thing his arm came across to was the soft cover of the bed with no Baekhyun in sight, he immediately lifted up his head and squinted his eyes to have a clearer view of his surroundings.

He got up and went to the bathroom in his room thinking Baekhyun was in there, yet again no Baekhyun was in sight. He roamed the building for awhile but yet again, to no avail, Baekhyun was definitely not there.

He looked around the house for some signs of note that Baekhyun might've left for him, he checked the door of the fridge, his work table and the bed side table, anywhere possible. When nothing was around he started to feel anxious although he did try his hardest to contain the horrid things that was starting to formulate in his brain, he didn't want to panic so he thought of every possible reasons to why he woke up with his boyfriend not where he should've been. 

It's very odd for Baekhyun to leave the apartment without a word, or a note to Chanyeol at least. He checked his phone to see if Baekhyun sent him any messages or whether he's missed a called while sleeping but there was nothing, the last time Baekhyun messaged him was earlier that week.

Maybe Baekhyun was out to buy food again, or he needed to get some things from his old apartment, it's not a Saturday so Baekhyun wouldn't have gone to his dad's house, definitely, and if he did he would've told Chanyeol right? 

As the thoughts in his head were racing at a hundred miles per hour thinking of where Baekhyun might possibly be he got a slight shock when he suddenly heard a faint knock on his door; immediately he went towards it expecting to see Baekhyun on the other side. But what he saw on the other side of the door was definitely not the person he was expecting to see, not even in his conscious mind would he have guessed a visit from the person standing in front of him now.

"Long time." 

Chanyeol was shocked the sight, and has remained frozen at his spot unable to move.

"Are you gonna let me in or are you just going to stand there and stare at me?" With the same flat tone, and a smirk the guy looked at Chanyeol. Naturally Chanyeol had opened the door wider to let his guest in still speechless.

Clearing his throat that has suddenly felt tighter Chanyeol spoke for the first time, "Wh-What brings you here?" 

"Came to see an old friend I suppose." Sehun walked straight in the apartment like it was his own and made himself comfortable as he sat on one of the couches in the living room. 

"Well..what is it that I can help you with?" Chanyeol followed Sehun and stood in front of Sehun and crossed his arms. 

"Who said I came here for you? Baekhyun...isn't he here, living with you? Can you please call him out. We were planning of going out today...There's this newly opened restaurant a few blocks away from here that I know of and I thought of taking Baekhyun there. I heard their couple themed atmosphere makes it so popular...We've already made arrangements, we were suppose to meet up at the restaurant but I thought I'll just come by and pick him up instead." Sehun said so casually while looking so disinterested in Chanyeol as his eyes wander to different spots of the house examining it and as if he didn't just say what he just said.

Slightly getting aggravated, Chanyeol scrunched his eyes brows and intently stared at Sehun whom didn't even look like he cared about the fury starting in Chanyeol. Did Sehun really just say what he thought he heard.

"He's in still in bed sleeping after our....little activity last night just in case you wanted to know, he'll probably have trouble walking properly, he's probably still in pain, let alone go out with you...And another thing what makes you think I'm going to let you go out with him? A couple themed restaurant? You must have lost your mind Sehun."

Sehun got up without a care in the world and started roaming the house. Chanyeol at first thought Sehun was heading for the door so he just watched him carefully, to his surprise Sehun turned just before he got to the front door.

"And where do you think you're going?" Chanyeol quickly followed Sehun.

"You said he was still in bed right? Considering you don't seem like you're going to get him for me, I'll fetch him myself, I'm sure he would still be capable of walking, and we'd be sitting most of the time anyway." Sehun looked into each room, ducking his head in to see where Baekhyun was.

"Baekhyun! Baekhyun! It's Sehun. Get up we're going." After no response Sehun turned to Chanyeol who looks so flustered now. "Are you sure he's home coz it doesn't seem like anyone else is here. I've live with Baekhyun and I know he's not a heavy sleeper."

"Sehun, I told you we had a rough night. And he's dead tired from our activity, so could you leave my house and let us sleep in peace...why are you even so interested in where he is anyways...and regardless of whether he's here or not what makes you think I'd actually let MY boyfriend go out with you?"

Sehun cracked up laughing loudly making Chanyeol curious to why the sudden outburst.

"Oh shut the up Chanyeol..you've never been the best at lying. You and I both know that Baekhyun is definitely not here." He paused and stopped walking, "The only difference is I know exactly where he is..." Sehun turned around to Chanyeol smirking evidently teasing the male."...do you?" 

Chanyeol has grabbed Sehun's collar with both his hands bringing Sehun's face right in front of him.

"What the are you talking about?" 

Sehun seems unfazed, the smirk on his face remains as Chanyeol threatens him with his gaze.

"Getting aggressive are we now? I thought we were passed that stage Chanyeol." He breaks out of Chanyeol's hold and he neatly fixed the crease Chanyeol had created from his grasp.

"You're too aggressive Chanyeol, not everyone is your enemy...Well it was nice seeing you Chanyeol, and do tell Baekhyun when he comes home to meet me at Shunset restaurant at 12." 

Chanyeol was furious he was so confused at what had just happened, even after Sehun so casually came and left he still didn't exactly know what it was all about. 

Another thing that was starting to get on his nerves was the fact that Baekhyun hasn't come back yet. He was thinking so hard about the previous encounter with Sehun that he was completely loss track of time. It was 11:50....

What if Baekhyun is already at the said restaurant with Sehun. He did mention earlier that their meeting had been planned, which brings him back to his previous question of why the need for Sehun to come by his house and basically into jealousy. 

Although it sounded to suspicious, Chanyeol did what he thought needed to be done. To follow them at sHUNset restaurant.

-

"I told you he'd come." Sehun loudly called out to Baekhyun as he watches Chanyeol try to sneakily peak through the window of the restaurant. 

"He is aware that this is a one way window right?" Sehun added, laughing loudly as he watches Chanyeol try to be as subtle as possible not knowing that he was already caught and being watched from the inside of the restaurant.

"Clearly not..What the hell is he doing now? Is he actually serious?" Baekhyun both laughing hysterically and face palming at how foolish his boyfriend looked.

"So, how are you planning on telling him Baek?" 

"I actually don't know, suggestion?"

"Well, it would be best to tell him straight out." Luhan interrupted and has come back from the kitchen almost immediately making Sehun tense, his laughing ceased.

"That's the plan Luhan, I honestly don't know how he'll take it." Baekhyun looked back at Chanyeol and sighed a deep sigh.

"By the way, thanks for allowing me to use your restaurant. It's such a great idea to have a business of both savory and sweet. And I thought your bakery was already amazing, you've definitely outdone yourself this time Luhan. This place is beyond awesome." 

Luhan laughed and placed some appetizers on the table, evident that both males are avoiding each other's gazes.

"So are you going to let him pretend like his some sort of spy or are you going to let him in?" Luhan nodded towards Chanyeol's direction who was still trying hard not to not get too much attention to be paid on him and trying to be as subtle as possible.

"I think I'll go and-"

"I'll go get him Baek, It was my plan and I was the one that got him here." Not wanting to be left alone with Luhan, Sehun had already stood up and volunteered himself to get Chanyeol.

-

Sehun walked out of the restaurant relieved by escaping a possible one on one encounter with Luhan. This was the first time he was going to see Luhan after their small reunion at the beach, watching the sunset and he didn't want to make things anymore harder for the both of them so he needed to stay as far away as possible.

If it wasn't for Baekhyun's constant nagging and begging for him to come he wouldn't have, it hasn't been long, perhaps just a week or two after meeting Luhan and it was too soon to see the latter again after the little promise he made to stay as far away as possible, him luring Chanyeol into Baekhyun's surprise date was supposed to be his only participation on the day, which he proudly announced as his own idea to make Chanyeol jealous of his and Baekhyun's relationship but his plan had backfired on him.

Baekhyun's pleas and using the oldest trick in the book of how "it will not be the same without you", which ended up badly with Baekhyun getting 'upset' at how Sehun was being an arsehole for not doing the only thing he asked for and being inconsiderate of his feelings and wishes, which was all false, he's done so much things for Baekhyun that he didn't want to bring up, yet although half-heartedly, still he gave in and said yes to Baekhyun, in return he received a promise from Baekhyun that he was going to make it up to him.

Sehun was unsure about the promise, he would've probably been persuaded to go even without it. The last time Baekhyun promised to make it up to him, he ended up crying alone in bed.

Regardless, he was there, he came to help Baekhyun. He needed to be there for his friend as support system and Baekhyun was one of the most important person in his life right now and he couldn't say no to him. Well, no one could in that instance.

He walked standing just in front of Chanyeol, one hand in pocket he pretended like he didn't already know that the male was already there and Chanyeol tried to sneak away without being seen, which was of course impossible as Sehun already knew he had been standing there, spying for a long time. 

Sehun smirked to himself at how pathetic and childish Chanyeol was being. Without turning around to face Chanyeol he continued.

"I already saw you idiot..there's no point trying to run away." 
Leaving Chanyeol frozen at his spot, wide eyed and finally accepting defeat he could no longer run away from he walked up to Sehun and stood next to him.

"Don't tell me you guys are on a date Sehun because I will not think twice of taking that smirk of your face with my fist." Chanyeol tried to sound as threatening as possible even letting out a breath out of his nose.

Sehun didn't even look fazed by the threat, he liked how protective Chanyeol was of Baekhyun and he knew that there was no one else for his closest bestfriend other than him, he turned to look at Chanyeol.

"Why don't you come see for yourself?" 
-

Walking in, Chanyeol had no idea what to expect, a lot of thoughts running through his head. Baekhyun would not do such a thing as to cheat on him and go on secret dates with his bestfriend without him knowing. Sehun is one of Baekhyun's closest friends, it was probably just a friendly date and Chanyeol was overreacting, but he couldn't erase the thought of someone else going on a date with his boyfriend, bestfriend or not.

Chanyeol saw Luhan first, when he walked inside the restaurant and immediately knowing that whatever happened between Luhan and Sehun at the date him and Baekhyun set up did not turn out as they planned, feeling Sehun tensing up next to him and Luhan avoiding eye contact was a clear indication that there was tension between the two.

Chanyeol caught on immediately and decided to save them from their miseries and not bring anything up, although Luhan's presence was still a shock he asked.

"Luhan! What are you doing here? Don't tell me you're on a date?" 

Worst thing Chanyeol could've asked earning a slight blush on Luhan face making him flustered whilst Sehun whom was still behind him had awkwardly looked away, clearing his throat.

"Uh..uh..n-no..no of course not..I'm just..I.." Luhan was so flustered, clearly the dating topic was still a sensitive issue between the two.

"Surprise Yeol!" Baekhyun walked out with a cake on his hand breaking all the tension that was almost too suffocating for everyone.

-

"Baek! What is this?" 

"What does it look like idiot, duh, it's a cake." 

"I know it's a cake princess, but what's with it? What's the occasion?"

"Nothing really, a post promise day celebration perhaps, a reunion/restaurant warming party?" Looking around the room and making eye contact with both Luhan and Sehun.

Chanyeol felt a tug at his heart, it was only yesterday that he prepared the special date between him and Baekhyun and now it's Baekhyun that prepared something for him, although he quickly kept in his excitement and held his composure when he remembered something.

"But, I thought you and Sehun had a..DATE? Isn't that why you're here? Come to think of it, I should be mad at you! Planning dates behind my back." Chanyeol folded his arms near his chest and clicked his tongue. 

"Baek, I know Sehun is one of your closest friend but it's not right to be going on secret dates especially not at couple restaurants and not have the decency to let your fiancée know."

It was utter silence after that for a couple of seconds and you could literally hear a pin drop and suddenly Baekhyun laughed loudly and everyone else followed suit giggling to themselves causing Chanyeol to look at him curiously, brows furrowing.

"Sehun-ah! Your plan worked! This is way too good! Yes Yeol...yes I am cheating on you with Sehun. And pigs fly...oh my goodness Yeol! I love you!" Baekhyun put down the cake that was on his hands and stepped forward to Chanyeol wrapping his arms around his neck still slightly giggling and giving his stupid boyfriend a kiss.

It was a short kiss because Baekhyun just couldn't keep his laughter in and had to pull away.

"If you hadn't caught on, this was all a plan to get you to come here without you suspecting a thing about the surprise. Sehun thought being the protective and Baekhyun selfish person you are you'd come to a supposed date you're not technically invited to right away knowing that it was me on a date with someone else." 

"Yeol, I won't ever cheat on you! Never!...Well..I guess that's debatable, if that hot guy on tv ever comes out and sees me on the street and finds me attractive I'd probably go with him. But don't worry I won't let you catch us like I did with Sehun." Baekhyun teased Chanyeol who was looking at him with warning breathing out of his nose and cletching his jaws.

"I don't think you'd want to do that coz I'm pretty sure he won't be as hot after I'm done rearranging his face if he ever even tried to come near you." 

"You're an idiot! I love you Yeol, happy post promise day! I hope you liked my surprise, we all worked really hard just so we could surprise you. I'm sorry for causing too much stress on you, but when Sehun told me about his plan it was too hard to resist and not do." 

"It's a good effort but I'm still not happy with you. You have no idea what I went through today."

"I'm sorry I know, but Sehun told me about what you said to him this morning, you're such a liar but listen if you forgive me I promise I'll make it happen for real tonight. Just don't be mad anymore, I worked really hard to make you happy today. Please."

Slightly feeling his cheeks getting hotter he looked at Baekhyun in eyes and kissed him tenderly.

"Oh, by the way Yeol, another thing I think you should know. Those windows are one way, soooo...that whole time you were trying to go all pink panther on us..we were...kinda all watching you fail." 

Turning around to look, realizing that the windows were indeed one way, Chanyeol blush even more imagining how idiotic he would've looked trying hard to not be seen, well in reality he was not that hard to miss if you were sitting on the inside.

"I can't believe you Baek. I guess promising to you is something I won't do again, considering this is how you repay me."

Baekhyun pouted and pulled away at Chanyeol's words trying to act innocent and victimized which of course worked on Chanyeol. 

Grabbing Baekhyun's waist Chanyeol pulled him closer and whispered, "You know that's not true, I'd forever be promising to you even though you have the worse idea for surprises..I still love you. Is there anything else you wanna tell me before I go crazy?" Chanyeol smirked.

Baekhyun tried to give him the best eye smile he could muster up as he out both of his hands flat on Chanyeol's chest.

"Uh..yes, there is but...later." And gave Chanyeol another peck on the lips.

Sehun suddenly coughed and cleared his throat.

"Just saying you're not the only ones here. You know, just incase you forgot."

-

-

"Thanks by the way. Your method of luring me into this date-reunion-restaurant warming party wasn't the most friendly but it sure was effective." Chanyeol stood next to Sehun who was staring out playing with rim of his coffee cup.

"The pleasures all mine, it was nice seeing you your pants." Chanyeol dragged the chair next to Sehun and sat down.

"I wasn't joking when I said I wouldn't think twice of using my fist on your face if you ever attempt trying to do secret dates with Baekhyun again."

"Tempting Yeol, a very tempting offer, but as much as I'd love to see that same fury in your eyes again, I've had my fair share of that fist of yours on my jaw and let's just say I'd rather save my face, I spent days trying to cover the very very small damage your weak hands made last time. My face is too precious and flawless to be marked by your hands."

Chanyeol laughed loudly while Sehun smiled looking at his coffee, without saying it both males knew that it was their way of saying sorry and accepting the apology from one another. This was the first time they've actually had the chance to talk after the incident back in highschool. Their unspoken apologies masked by their joking threats to one another made a more comfortable atmosphere for the both of them.

"So...how have you been? How many people have had access to that precious and flawless face of yours huh?" 

"Ha! I'm beyond fine, I've had way too much come and go that I've lost count." Suddenly Luhan came out and sat next to Baekhyun who was still busy admiring and complimenting Luhan's restaurant at the next table. 

Sehun's laughter dropped and taking notice, Chanyeol followed where Sehun's gaze was leading to and spotted Luhan who seemed too busy talking to Baekhyun to realize that Sehun was just staring at him.

"Really? Why don't I believe your bull right now Sehun? Your eyes are definitely suggesting something different." Sehun ripped his gaze away from Luhan, looked at Chanyeol then back down at his coffee and once again played with the rim of the cup with his fingers, circling them around the edges of it. 

Sehun never replied, sensing that Sehun wanted to talk about something but not knowing how Chanyeol took the liberty to try and probe him with questions.

"Okay...You haven't told me what happened that day we left you guys at the beach? Do you wanna talk about it?"

Receiving no response from Sehun, Chanyeol thought that as maybe his judgement was wrong and that maybe Sehun didn't want to talk about it.

But after a whole few minutes of plain silence Sehun finally spoke.

"I guess you were right after all Chanyeol. Sacrifice." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@aigoo_baekyeol

till next time!  Chingus. <3~