Ex Kyungsoo, Ex!

Just like last time..

A few seconds of utter silence, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are just looking at each other not knowing what to do or what to say next. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo had many fights in their 2 years of friendship, which started when Kyungsoo moved schools a few months after Chanyeol had left the school. They fought and bickered but not to the extent where they wouldn't apologies by the end of the day. This time it was different, they didn't yell or scream at each other but instead they shared silence, this was the most dangerous type of misunderstanding between them. They didn't call each other that night about the issue, they didn't know what to say and at the time Kyungsoo was furious and did not want to make up with his bestfriend. They fought about a guy, well that's what Baekhyun thought. 

"Baek" Kyungsoo looks up at his bestfriend, "Kyungsoo-ah". They both smiled, trying to sense what the other is thinking. 
"Can we please-" 
"We need to tal-"
They both said at the same time. Both tried to avoid each other gazes but then Kyungsoo broke the silence and continued his unfinished sentence. "We need to talk Baek, do you wanna go for a walk with me?" Baekhyun looks up at Kyungsoo who was looking at him intently and waiting for his response. Baekhyun was quick to say "Yes Kyungsoo-ah, of course!".

They were slowly walking along the path of the quiet streets right next to each other both looking down. Kyungsoo was again first to break the silence. "It's a nice day today, isn't it Baek?". Baekhyun only responded with "mhmm..". 
Kyungsoo continued in a more serious and cold voice "It's a nice day to talk about your....uh..boyfriend..which you slightly forgot to mention to your bestfriend." 
Baekhyun didn't know how to start and where to start, as he looks up at Kyungsoo he sees him waiting for some sort of response from him. 
"Kyungsoo-ah, I...I didn't know he was going to come back." He started.
-
-
Baekhyun was in his first class for the day with Kyungsoo waiting for for their teacher to arrive who is running a few minutes late that day, this teacher was never late for class though, Baekhyun thought. Their psychics teacher was always punctual and not ones was she late as she believes every minute of everyday is essential especially for students like him, she always lectures that "a minute you waste, is a minute you can never take back" Baekhyun replays her words on his head as it became a regular routine for her to say everytime someone walks in late for her class.

Her late appearance bothered Baekhyun but none the less he acted as if it didn't, he continued on conversing with Kyungsoo about whatever comes to mind. Then finally his physics teacher walks in and straight away he greets her along with the class but his attention shifted to someone who was standing, tailing the teacher as she walks in the room. 

His eyes widens, his stomach filled with butterflies and his heart dropped as he sets eyes on the taller male. He watches the taller guy make his way to the front of the room. His whole appearance changed, his hair was now reddish/brown in color and glistening, he had lost his glasses and he had so much confidence on his face. "Goodmorning guys, I apologies for being late today, I just had to drop by the office to pick our new student up." The teacher pauses as she looks around the room and then back to the taller male. "Guys, this is Park Chanyeol. he will be part of our class starting from today." Baekhyun felt like he had just been hit by a bus by the mention of Chanyeol's name. 
Chanyeol was suppose to be enjoying his life, he was suppose to be at another school, he had left, what is he doing standing in front of his class. 

He was pulled out of his thoughts when he felt a hard nudge on his side, "Baek, am I in heaven, coz I'm seeing an angel!" Kyungsoo whispers in awe fully eyeing the new guy, his jaw slightly open. Baekhyun was about to agree but then makes eye contact with Chanyeol, his whole appearance changed but he was still the same Park Chanyeol who had hurt him all those years ago, as if the last 1 and a half years of his life replayed in his mind like a movie, he remembered everything he was trying to forget for months, he remembered the memories and the pain that came with it, he remembered the years he spent crying and dying, trying to get over the guy staring right back at him. 

He clearly remembered the day, that Park Chanyeol made a choice...a choice to leave him behind. With that, his expression dropped, he looked away from Chanyeol almost glaring him and breaking the eye contact he looks down at Kyungsoo, and said 
"Angel? I see no angel" Baekhyun scoffed. "More like a devil in disguise, he looks like a type that would raise you high up and then drop you when he felt like it". He says not being able to hide the bitterness in his voice he continues "I think you really need to go see an eye doctor Kyungsoo-ah, your eyes are getting worse." 

He looked down at his work and not once did he set eyes on Chanyeol for the whole lesson, not once after the lesson and not once for the whole day, he did everything humanly possible to try and avoid the taller male. It went on like this for a few days and Baekhyun guessed Chanyeol really had no intentions of actually mending things between them, initially after the fifth day of Chanyeol's 'trying', which Baekhyun described as creepily eyeing him from random spaces, like across the hallways, across the locker rooms even from across the road, not even approaching him or anything Chanyeol started to ignore Baekhyun, reciprocating the smaller male.

This again went on for awhile, until Kyungsoo who was always with Baekhyun started noticing Chanyeol, he had felt something towards Chanyeol from the moment he walked in the class, Kyungsoo was already under the taller man's spell, this new guy was hard to miss, he was tall, good looking and he was always looking his way, so Kyungsoo thought. His feelings grew stronger by the days passing he didn't tell anyone about his growing affection towards Chanyeol as he thought it was pathetic to like a guy that he just met a few days ago, but he couldn't hide this towards his bestfriend this is the first time he has ever felt this much for someone other than friends and family, Baekhyun needs to know, Kyungsoo thought.

"Hey Baek, I have something to tell you!" he excitingly said that afternoon they were making their way to his house "What is it Kyungsoo-ah?" Baekhyun smiled seeing the excitement in his bestfriend's eyes. "I LIKE SOMEONE!" Kyungsoo jumped grabbing hold of Baekhyun's arm as they walk, Baekhyun's eye widens and genuinely smiled to see his bestfriend in so much joy "Really?! Whooooooo?!" Kyungsoo stops them both from walking turns to face Baekhyun, he took a deep breath, "I know this may sound pathetic coz I mean, I've only met him a few days ago but I think I have fallen deeply in love with him, I can't stop thinking about him, he hasn't spoken to me ones and it doesn't help that he is always looking at me.." Baekhyun nodded with a smile.
"... but you know the new guy that came into our physics class a few days back?" Baekhyun's smile slowly dropped as he realised who Kyungsoo was talking about, he mentally prayed that he just heard wrong and that he was talking about another new guy..
"Park Chanyeol?" 

At the confirmation of his thoughts, his chest tightened and he became numb he didn't know how to react about the new revelation, his bestfriend is falling hard for his ex-boyfriend that he still secretly loved, he was in utter shock his whole world crumbling down before him, he didn't even noticed Kyungsoo grabbing hold of his shoulders, "Baekhyun-ah, are you okay?".
Baekhyun gathered himself and shook himself up, he gave his best effort to smile at his bestfriend and said "oh really? That's...uh..really..I'm happy for you." Kyungsoo smiled disregarding the shock in his bestfriend's face, he thought that he was probably just really surprised considering this is the first time he liked someone. He hugged Baekhyun and said "Thank you Baek, you're truly the best!". 

Baekhyun couldn't do anything, his mind was scattered all over the place, he didn't know what to do, he wished that the ground would just open and eat him up as a whole. This was probably the worse kind of pain that he has felt for the last year or so. Maybe fate is really against him and Chanyeol, maybe they weren't meant to be, this time it wasn't Chanyeol's parents or dreams separating them, it was the male standing in front of him, his bestfriend, his bestfriend he loved so dearly and didn't want to hurt, the bestfriend he would protect from anything that could possibly hurt him, even if it involved being the one hurting. He hugged Kyungsoo back tightly and tried to hide the tears forming in his eyes. 

He went home cursing the world what did he ever do to deserve such pain, why did the world hate him so much to put him through this situation, why did Chanyeol have to come back. He fell asleep crying even harder than before. He now had more of a reason to supress his feelings towards his ex-boyfriend, he can't hurt Kyungsoo, not him.
-
-

"Baek, you should've just told me from the start, if you told me he was your boyfriend I would've stopped liking him." Kyungsoo said in a soft tone.

"Ex, Kyungsoo ex, he is my ex-boyfriend. He left me a few months before you came to school. Kyungsoo when he came we were over, it was over for me. He left me and I took that as a confirmation to our relationship ending." He said cooly, surprising Kyungsoo with his tone of voice.

"Baek, that's not good enough! I don't understand why you didn't tell me about him, I thought we were bestfriends! You could've told me even before he came, you know I would listen! It's not even about him not liking me, this is about our friendship which right now I don't know if I can even trust." His voice getting louder.

"It was hard! Okay! It was hard. When you came, the wounds in my heart were still fresh! I tried to forget about him Kyungsoo and to bring it back up again after a few months of living in hell, I couldn't do it!" He paused as he felt tears forming in his eyes.

"He was my greatest love Kyungsoo, he had left the biggest mark in my heart but the biggest scars too, he left me and choose to live a life without me! I was holding up well by the time you came, so to bring it back up with you and then remember the memories, the pain, I couldn't do it again." He looks into his bestfriend's eye full of sincerity.
"And when he came back, I thought I was fine but everything came flooding back, I wanted to hug him and beg him to come back to my arms, but at the same time I wanted punch him right then and there." 

He paused again grabbing hold of Kyungsoo's arms, "But you, when you told me you loved him, I couldn't break your heart. I couldn't hurt you just because of my feelings that should've been long gone. You know how much our friendship means to me and to finally see you happy because of him, I couldn't break your happiness. I know you liked him that much so I further supressed my feelings." 
He holds both Kyungsoo's hands and said "Our friendship means more to me than any other relationship or any other idiot that comes and goes, I'm sorry Kyungsoo-ah, for hurting you. For hiding it, I'm sorry...I.."

Kyungsoo looks at him, silence broke between them until Kyungsoo grabbed Baekhyun in a tight hug and said "It is not your fault." He paused wiping away his own tears, "it's not that you didn't want to tell me, it's just you couldn't, I understand now Baek I'm sorry, I could only imagine what you had to go through especially when I told you I had feelings for him, how that would have shattered you, I'm sorry Baek, for hurting you and for being inconsiderate!" Kyungsoo says in a hushed tone as both of them just tightly hugged each other. 

Kyungsoo pulls away from the hug and asked Baekhyun a sincere and serious question, "Baek, please answer me honestly." Baekhyun nodded. "Right now, Do you...do you still have feelings for Chanyeol?" Baekhyun hesitated to answer at first, worried about his bestfriend's feelings, but he didn't wanna lie anymore so he said "With all my heart, yes I still do."

Kyungsoo smiled "Let's say, for example that he did mean what he said when he told me he liked you, would you accept his feelings?" Baekhyun thought for a minute, "I don't know Kyungsoo-ah, I've been through too much and any bet he was just saying that to play around, I still love him but he's hurt me so much and he left me remember? I doubt he'd actually want someone he threw away a year or two ago for something better." 

Baekhyun shrugged it off when someone with a familiar deep voice behind him said "and that I will always be truly sorry for, I regret leaving you, I never threw you away Baek." He knew who that voice belonged too and he turned around and to his shock his assumptions were correct he saw a taller male looking down at him with pain and regret in his eyes.

"Chanyeol?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hope you guys are enjoying it so far, i really wanted to settle certain issues so this chapter happened, but please anticipate next chapter which is 80% finished! :) Chanbaek's first........:) hehheehhehe