Minjung's Misfortune

Only U

                                           

 

It had already been a week since Minjung started high school in Kyunglim High. It was not as bad as she thought it would be, but she couldn't deny the fact that there were some people who didn't like her, and it was all because she often hung out with BTOB.

She just quietly prayed that she could end a day without any drama whatsoever.

Minjung looked out the window. It was one, fine day. The sun was beaming brightly and the clouds looked so nice. Minjung especially liked days like this.

"I'll see you again tomorrow. You can enjoy your lunch." the teacher said as he went out of the classroom. Minjung snapped out of her thoughts as she started to take out her lunch.
* And here we go again... *

After Minjung got quite popular right after the news of her hanging out with BTOB broke, she didn't really make any REAL friends. She only got approached by the girls who asked her questions about BTOB whenever they had the chance.

"Minjung-ah~ let's eat lunch together!" One girl from her class said as another group of girls re-arranged the seats around her. Minjung quietly sighed and awkwardly smiled at them. She knew this was gonna happen.

"So! Did Sungjae make this for you?! Or any of the members at least?!" One girl asked expectantly, pointing at Minjung's lunch box. 
* They asked me the same question yesterday! And the day before that, too! * 

These girls were really starting to get annoying, but Minjung couldn't do anything but to act nicely to them, unless she wants to gain more enemies.

Minjung sighed as she answered them truthfully.

"No, Sungjae or the other BTOB oppas didn't make this for me." she quietly said. The girls slumped in disappointment but didn't stop asking her about BTOB.
* Crap. I didn't enroll for this. I need to get out from here. *

The girls continued to spazz on how perfect Minhyuk's abs were and how cute Changsub was.

"I remembered I have to meet our homeroom teacher now." Minjung said as she pretended to look at her watch. The girls blinked at her but slowly nodded.

"Okay, well, let's talk again later!" 
* Hopefully never * Minjung thought as she hurriedly packed her things and went out of the room.

She ran around the school, not caring if anybody found her weird or if she got lost. Well, she definitely was since she hasn't toured the school yet.

* Crap * She thought. She looked around, trying to remember her way back to her classroom. Too bad, she's bad at remembering things.

"Might as well cut classes then. School might have ended by the time I get back." she mumbled. Minjung looked around the yard for something that she could climb up to. She was too busy looking around that she didn't notice the clouds starting to get dark. It was about to rain.

"Found it!" she happily exclaimed as she climbed on the school wall with the help of the cracked concrete.
* A lot of students must have climbed this particular area, seeing that some part of the concrete chipped off... *

Minjung happily landed on the ground when she finally noticed the change of weather.

"I forgot to bring my umbrella..." she mumbled. Just then, rain started to pour and she hurriedly ran for shelter at the bus stop, not noticing the guy she just ran past by. She was already soaking wet. 
* Ugh! I should have brought Sungjae's umbrella! *

 

[FLASHBACK]

"Yo!" Sungjae greeted as he entered Minjung's apartment. Minjung looked at him, bewildered.

"What are you doing here early in the morning? Aren't you on your way to school or something?" Minjung asked as she continued to dry her hair.

"Yeah, I dropped by since I heard that it was gonna rain." Sungjae looked at her in the mirror.

"Really? But weatherforecasts aren't really that accurate."

"But I'm just being a good oppa to you, that's why I'm giving you this umbrella. Just in case."

Sungjae put his umbrella on Minjung's lap.

"Then what about you? This is your umbrella, right?" she asked worriedly. Sungjae lightly ruffled Minjung's newly brushed hair, much to her displeasure.

"Don't worry. I received a new umbrella from a fan this morning. I heard about the forecast from her actually." he proudly said. Minjung rolled her eyes at him.

"You guys really are something." Sungjae just lightly laughed at her.

Sungjae left first. Minjung followed a few minutes later. She was already outside her apartment building when she remembered Sungjae's umbrella. She forgot to bring it with her.

Minjung looked up the clear, bright sky.


*I don't think it's gonna rain today anyway. The sun's too bright. Oh well..*


[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

All Minjung could do now is grumble at her misfortune. Or so she thought...