I Promise

Only U

                                                 

 

"Happy birthday, Jina!" both lowerclassmen and upperclassmen greeted Kim Jina as she passed by. If this day was just like the other birthdays she had, she would have thanked them happily, but unfortunately, that isn't the case today. She completely ignored everybody who greeted her as she stomped angrily to the cafeteria, where her friends were waiting for her. Seri had apparently told Jina what happened last night, and that made her really mad and fuming with envy.

"She's here." Gyuri said as she called the attention of the other girls. "She's super pissed today, so I suggest you girls to watch your words when you talk to her." Soojung warned. The girls nodded.

"H-hey---" Soojung greeted but was cut off when Jina slammed her hands on the table, getting the attention of the other students in the cafeteria. "Let's go get that little ." she hissed. Jiyeon stretched her arms widely and smirked. "I've been waiting for some action for a while now. Let's go, go, go!" she said as she excitedly stood up and ran to catch up with Jina. The other girls looked at each other and shrugged. "Let's see how the girl looks like. Come on." Soojung said as the other girls followed her. 

"But don't you think you deserve an explanation from Leo-oppa before we get that girl?" Jiyeon asked as they marched out of the school. Jina scoffed. "I'll get that explanation later."

 

Leo and Minjung walked side by side to the flower shop. Minjung looked up at him in wonder. "Why did you have to wait for me at school?" she asked. Leo put his hand in his pocket and held something inside. *Because I wanted to give you something... and I don't know how to give it to you...*

"Because..." Leo paused as he formulated a reason in his mind. Minjung raised her brows at him, waiting for his answer. He quickly took a glance at her and cleared his throat. "I heard from the news that there are guys who kidnap young girls like you and sell your organs somewhere."

Minjung rolled her eyes at him, finding his reason to be absurd, but nonetheless, she felt happy deep inside. *So he cares about me?*

"We're here." Leo said. He looked through the glass window and saw Malja-halmeoni inside. He smiled at her and quickly waved his hands. Minjung turned to face him and bowed. "Thank you for walking me all the way here. Bye, oppa."

"Sure, bye." he watched Minjung go inside the shop. Leo started to walk to his workplace as put his hand in his pocket again. He took out the item that was inside his pocket and raised it up. It was a phone strap, a couple one at that. Leo sighed. *This isn't really my style.* But he smiled to himself as he thought of Minjung. *Whatever. It's now or never.* Leo turned back on his heels to give Minjung his gift.

 

"Dear? Would you please look after the shop for me? I left some supplies in my house and I have to bring it here. I'll be quick." Malja-halmeoni said. Minjung came out of the storage room and reassured Malja-halmeoni that she's okay with looking after the shop alone.

Minjung looked around the shop and decided to start cleaning. The door opened, signalling a customer's arrival. Minjung looked up and saw a couple of girls come in. She eyed them carefully and recognized one of them. *Oh, she's the lady from yesterday.*

"Welcome!" she smiled and greeted them. The girl at the center scoffed at her, much to Minjung's surprise. "Is this the little you told me about?" she asked. It was Kim Jina and her gang. Seri nodded furiously. "That's her."

Minjung looked at them in confusion. *? Me?* "Excuse me, but did you just call me a ?" she asked as she pointed to herself. The girls smirked at her mockingly.

"Got a problem with that? ?" Kim Jina said, making sure that she clearly specified the word. She crossed her arms and raised her brow at Minjung. "How dare you steal my man?!" she barked.

"What the heck are you talking about, woman?!" Minjung said, feeling really agitated now. *Me?! A ?! And what 'man' is she talking about?!* "You must have the wrong person. I didn't steal your man or anybody else's man! Heck, I don't even know who your man is!"

"Look here," Jina said as she walked nearer to Minjung. She eyed her up and down. *This is a joke, right? She's not even near my league! How can Leo-oppa choose her over me?!* "You stole Leo-oppa from me, you damned !"
Minjung looked at her with incredulity. *Leo-oppa? Does she mean, Taekwoon-oppa?* "What are you talking about? I didn't steal Taekwoon-oppa from you! We're just friends!"

Jina's brows twitched at what she just heard. "Taekwoon-oppa?" she repeated with a baffled look on her face. "You dare to call my man by his name in front of me?!" *He doesn't even let me near him, nor does he want me to call him by his name! How dare she?!*

"He told me to. And like what I just told you, we're just friends. Why don't you call him by his name, too?" Minjung said. The girls looked at her in distaste.

"He's mine," Jina growled. "And you don't have any right in the whole, ing universe to ever come close to him because he's MINE!"

This time, Minjung scoffed at her. *Is she delusional? This girl's got it bad. There's no way Taekwoon-oppa's going out with this girl. I wouldn't date this girl even if I were a boy.* Jina raised another brow at Minjung. "Look, like what I have been trying to tell you all this time, Taekwoon-oppa and I are just friends. Just friends, you get me? You can have him all by yourself." Minjung said. Jina smirked at her. *I guess this girl's easy to deal with.*

"That is, if he wants you, too." Minjung challenged. 

The girls gasped and Jina's face contorted in distaste. "You're really getting it from me."

In a flash, Minjung was beaten up by the girls. Fear and pain filling her body. *What have I done wrong?!* she thought as tears started to flow down her cheeks. Minjung tried to fight back, but 5 vs 1 was just too much to handle. There was nothing that Minjung could do but to curl up on the ground, completely bruised and limp.

"This is my last warning, . Go near my man again and I'll make sure to the living daylights out of you. You hear me?!" Jina growled. "Let's go Jina, you don't want to get too worked up on your birthday." Soojung said as she took the rest of the girls out of the shop.

Jina scowled once more at Minjung before finally following the rest of the girls, feeling satisfied.

Leo had just turned left around the corner when he saw familiar looking girls come out of the flower shop Minjung worked at. He looked closely at one of the girls and recognized Kim Jina. *What are they doing around here?* Leo brushed off his thoughts and walked briskly to the shop, his heart beating excitedly on the thought of finally giving his gift to Minjung.

He pushed the door open and was surprised to see no one in the shop. *Is she in the storage room?* "Minjung? Where are you?" he called loudly but there was no answer.

"O-oppa..." Minjung weakly called. Fortunately, Leo heard it and walked to the counter. His eyes widened when he saw a half-conscious Minjung laying on the floor, face and body beaten up. Panic rose to his senses as he tried to take in the scene in front of him.

"W-what... What happened?! Who did this to you?!" he asked as he took Minjung in his arms. Tears started to swell in his eyes. *What the happened?!* 

"Taekwoon-oppa..." Minjung weakly called as she smiled weakly at him before she finally lost consciousness. Without second thoughts, Leo carried Minjung to his back and called a taxi to their dorm.

 

"Hyung! You're back---" Hongbin's eyes widened when Leo rushed inside, an unconcious Minjung on his back. "W-what..." Hongbin tried to speak but was cut off when Leo grabbed him by his shoulders, fear and panic evident in his eyes. "Help me. Please." 

Leo took Minjung to his bedroom and lay her on his bed. He was on the verge of crying. Hongbin entered the room and handed him a first aid kit and a wet towel. He looked at his hyung sympathetically.

"What happened?" Hongbin asked worriedly. Leo shook his head lightly as he carefully cleaned Minjung face with the wet towel. "I don't really know... I just found her like this... lying on the floor in the shop." Leo said quietly.

"Can't you think of anyone who could do this to her, hyung?" Hongbin suggested. Leo stared blankly on Minjung's face as he thought of anyone. There was none. *I don't think Minjung would be the type of girl who would get into fights with anyone...*

Just then, Leo remembered Kim Jina and her gang who had just got out of the flower shop, laughing to themselves. His face hardened as he clenched his fists hard in realization. "Kim Jina." he hissed through gritted teeth. "Kim Jina, I'll ing eat you alive."

Hongbin blinked his eyes in disbelief. It was the first time he had seen such an amount of hostility in his hyung, and he was afraid that Leo would actually murder someone this time.

"Hyung," Hongbin called quietly as he placed his hand on top of Leo's clenched fists, trying to calm him down. "I know no words could explain how mad you are right now at Kim Jina, but please. Don't kill her. Just teach her a lesson that she would never forget. I think something like that is enough."

Leo slowly relaxed. Hongbin lightly patted his hyung's back. "I'll go make her a porridge." he stood up but was held back by Leo. "No, I'll make it. Stay here." Hongbin lightly chuckled at him. "Hyung, you stay here and watch her. What if she wakes up and sees me first instead of you? And don't worry hyung, I make really delicious porridge. But I'll make it a lot more delicious for her." he winked. Leo gave him a small, appreciative smile and thanked him.

"Don't worry, Minjung. This will never happen to you again." Leo whispered as he looked at Minjung affectionately. "I promise."


DON'T FORGET VIXX'S 2ND ANNIVERSARY ON MAY 24~ <3 Let's celebrate, Starlights!