The Birth of A New Friendship

Only U

                                             

 

"I'll be off first." Leo quickly bid the VIXX boys farewell and dashed off to the cafe. *I hope everything goes well today. I don't want to end my day bad like last night.*

Leo was already nearing the cafe when he saw a familiar girl going towards his direction. He quickly hid in an alley. *Minjung?! But it's still early morning... Is she going to work?* he looked at his watch. *I still have a bit of time to spare.* Leo thought as he secretly followed her.

*How should I approach Leo-ssi later???* Minjung sighed heavily as she groggily walked to the flower shop. *I couldn't even sleep well last night...* she heaved another heavy sigh.

"He's so creepy..." "What is he doing?" Leo heard a couple of passer-bys say as he tried hide anywhere he could. *Now is not the time to glare at them, Leo.* he told himself. 

*That must be where she works.* Leo thought when he saw Minjung go inside the shop. He looked around the street and tried to familiarize the way. Leo looked at his watch. *Well then, I think I should be going now.*

 

"There you are!" the cafe manager exclaimed as Leo entered the cafe. "I thought something might have happened to you..."

Leo bowed apologetically. "I'm sorry for being late, manager. I will get to work immediately!"

"No, it's okay Leo. You're not late. It's just that, you usually come 15 minutes earlier than your shift, but it seems like something happened today." The cafe manager chuckled. Leo smiled uneasily. *Yeah, I was following someone I couldn't take my mind off since last night.*

 

It had been a long day of work for Leo, as his mind was too pre-occupied with the thoughts of Minjung. *What if I come later and she already went home?* Leo ruffled his hair harshly as he cleaned a table. "Aish!"

"You okay there, boy?" an old customer worriedly asked him. Leo smiled at the elder uneasily. "Ne, I'm okay." he assured, but the old man didn't look too convinced, though.

"I think you're bothered about something." the old man said. Leo looked at him uncertainly. *Was I too obvious?* 

The old man chuckled light-heartedly. "You don't really have to tell me, but I would like to help if you would. Why don't you take a seat?"

*Should I? Well, I think it's better than going insane...* Leo awkwardly cleared his throat and sat across the old man. "You see..." he started. "You see... M-my friend..."

The old man smiled at him knowingly. *His friend? I bet he's talking about himself.* "What happened to your friend?" he asked as he slightly leaned his body forward.

"He had a fight with his..." he paused. "female friend last night..." he trailed off as he glanced at the old man who was listening intently to him.

"What was the reason of their fight?" the old man asked. Leo looked around nervously. *This is so embarrassing...*

Leo sighed. "It was because an old lady had mistaken them as a couple. The girl kept on denying and my friend found it annoying since the old lady kept on insisting that they were a couple, so he lied and told the old lady that they were to end it all." Leo finished.

 The old man looked at Leo curiously. *So this boy apparently fought with the girl he likes, eh? Does he even know he likes her?* The old man cleared his throat and Leo quickly looked at him. "Does this friend of yours... like this girl in anyway at all?"

*What? Me?! Liking her? No way!* Leo quickly shook his head no. "I--- I mean," he awkwardly cleared his throat. "My friend told me he doesn't like her..." *Romantically, no.*

"Why? Is the girl not likeable?" the old man wondered. Leo remembered the time he had spent with Minjung and shook his head again. "She's likeable... I guess... But my friend thinks that she's bothersome sometimes."

The old man nodded his head, knowing the situation completely. "I think your friend likes this girl, he just hasn't realized it yet. Why don't you tell your friend to give it a shot and get to know the girl better?" Leo gawked at him in disbelief. *What is he talking about? I just told him I don't like that girl! How could he even conclude that I like Minjung?*

Leo faked a smile. "Ne, I will..." The old smiled at him meaningfully. "If ever you find yourself a girl you truly love, don't let her go. You never know when you'll ever find a girl like her again. Mostly, never. They only come once in your life." he stood up and bid Leo good bye.

*That was definitely weird... and awkward.* Leo thought as continued on his work. *My shift ends in 4 hours, but I guess I can leave an hour before that, right?* he sighed. This was the first time he didn't feel like working at all.

 

 


"Minjung? Will you please look after the shop for me for a bit? I need to pick up something from the restaurant around the block." Malja-halmeoni said as she got herself ready to go.

"Ne, halmeoni! Take care!" Minjung shouted from the storage room. Malja-halmeoni chuckled lightly. *Such a good kid.*

*Where are the other ribbons???* Minjung busily looked around the storage room. "Aha!" she exclaimed as she found the missing ribbons. She quickly darted outside the storage room and busied herself with making flower bouquets.

Minjung stopped and briefly looked at her watch. "I guess Leo-ssi's on his way home now..." she mumbled and sighed. *I bet he hates me so much now.* Minjung pouted.

In the corner, Leo was secretly watching her inside. *Why does she look so troubled? Is it because of me?* Leo was about to come out of the shadow when Malja-halmeoni came walking towards the shop. *Why do I keep on seeing old people???* he sighed in frustration. *I'll just talk to her later, then*

*I think I saw somebody...* Malja-halmeoni blinked a couple of times but shook her thought away. *Maybe I'm just seeing things.*

"Oh! Halmeoni, you're back." Minjung greeted. Malja-halmeoni smiled. "Take this and go home." she said. Minjung looked at her in confusion. "But my shift hasn't even ended yet..."

The old woman gently put the bouquet materials away. "It's getting late and I'm tired, too. Let's just close this shop early tonight, okay?" Minjung nodded unsurely but obeyed. "I understand."

 

*They're closing already???* Leo thought as he took a quick peek and saw the two ladies turn the shop's lights off. *Do they usually close at this hour?* he wondered. *I should wait for her like this...* he thought as he came out of the shadow and waited for Minjung outside the shop.

"Omo." Malja-halmeoni gasped. Minjung, who was just right behind her, gaped in shock. *Leo-ssi?! What is he doing here?!*

"Good evening." Leo greeted the old woman politely. 

"I'm sorry young boy, but we closed the shop earlier. Please come back tomorrow." Malja-halmeoni apologetically said. Leo shook his head.

"I'm not here to buy flowers. I'm here for Minjung, halmeoni." Leo softly spoke. Malja-halmeoni's eyes brightened and clasped her hands together. "Omo! Were you possibly the one I saw waiting around the corner a while ago? Are you probably her boyfriend?"

Minjung laughed awkwardly. *He waited outside???* "Halmeoni, he's not my boyfriend... He's..." Minjung uncertainly glanced at Leo. "He's just someone I know." At those words, Leo felt something hurt. *Someone she just... knows?* 

"Is that right? What a pity! You two would look good together, though." Malja-halmeoni said in disappointment. "Well then, I should go ahead first. It was nice to meet you, young boy. What's your name?"

Leo quickly snapped out from his trance. "My name is Leo, halmeoni."

The old woman bid the two good bye and disappeared in the corner. Minjung looked at Leo and awkwardly cleared . "What's up?"

 


The two walked the street quietly. Leo walking ahead and Minjung walking behind him two meters away.

*What should I say??? This is too awkward!* Minjung thought as she sighed heavily. Leo was thinking and doing the same thing.

*But if I don't say anything, then nothing will happen.* Leo stopped walking and Minjung bumped right onto his back. Leo quickly turned around and faced her. *Careless Minjung! You just made it more awkward!* Minjung mentally slapped herself. 

"I-I'm---" she stuttered.

"I'm sorry, Minjung." Leo quietly said. Minjung looked at him in confusion. *Why is he apologizing to me??? I should be the one apologizing!*

Minjung quickly waved her hands. "No! I should be apologizing." she said. "I'm really sorry about last night, Leo-ssi. I over reacted... I'm sorry." Minjung bowed a couple of times.

"I think I was the one who over reacted. I'm truly sorry, Minjung." Leo said sincerely. Minjung looked at him in wonder. *Is he really the emotionless Leo I knew? Why does he look so sincere?*

"I hope you forgive me." Leo said. Minjung genuinely smiled at him. "I hope you forgive me, too." Leo nodded and smiled a bit. "Sure."

Minjung held out her hand. "Friends?" Leo looked at her out-stretched hand unsurely. *Friends? With her?* 

"My arm is about to fall off, you know." she joked. Minjung's face brightened when Leo finally took her hand and shook it lightly. *I guess it's okay to have a female friend... for the first time.*

"C'mon friend~ Let's go home!" Minjung happily skipped and dragged Leo away. *She's really annoying...* he stared at her smiling face. *But I guess some annoying things make you happy... in a way.*


Boohoohoo~ (T_T) I wasn't able to update yesterday... I'm sorry :'(

How was this chapter? How was the whole story so far? :) Please leave some comments so I will know! ^^

Thank you for reading this far~ I hope you keep on reading till the end! :D Welcome to the new readers!

And thank you for the subsribers <333

 

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY! :D AND A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OKAMOTO KEITO! <3