Flowers and Chocolates

Only U

                                                    

 

Kim Jina's friends circled together to discuss about her upcoming birthday tomorrow. The girls whispered to each other as they planned their 'surprise' party for her, which actually beats out the surprise part since Jina's already expecting it. They do this every year.

"Jiyeon, you will be in charge of the booze at the club, while Seri will take care of the cake and flowers. Gyuri and I will be handling the invitations. As usual, expect hot boys to be there." Soojung, Jina's right hand and best friend, said. The girls all squealed in excitement. Sure enough, when Soojung says 'hot', she means the real thing.

"But those boys can never be compared with BTOVIXX, though. Those guys are the epitome of 'hot' and 'y'." Jiyeon pointed out. The girls heaved a deep sigh.

"I'm pretty sure they won't come again this year... Just like the other years. No matter how much we try. We have to make do with the other hot boys in town for now." Gyuri said as she flipped through some of the printed invitations. The girls sighed again. Jina's going to be disappointed at them again this year.

 


Seri looked around for the nearest flower shop she could find in Seoul. The flower shop that was just a few walks from her university was surprisingly closed, and so that left her with no choice but to look everywhere. *There aren't many flower shops around here... As far as I know...* 

She walked up to an old man, who had just walked out from a restaurant and was about to throw the garbage bag that he was holding. He looked at her curiously.

"Excuse me, ahjussi... Do you possibly know any flower shops around here?" Seri asked. The old man thought for a while and pointed to the opposite direction. "There should be a flower shop over there. Just go straight and you'll find it."

Seri looked over to the direction the old man had just pointed and squinted her eyes at it. *I think I see it!* She thanked the old man and skipped towards the flower shop.

"Welcome to Malja's flower shop!" Minjung greeted cheerfully. Seri looked around the flower shop. *What should I get her this year? Another boquet? But boquets are expensive... and Jina would just throw them away after the party anyway.*

"Hi, I'm here to buy some flowers for a friend, but I don't know what to pick for her." Seri said. Minjung thought hard before she looked around the shop to look for the perfect flowers.

"What is the event for, ma'am?" Minjung asked. "It's her birthday." Seri helpfully said. After picking out a few pieces of different kinds of flowers, Minjung held it out for Seri to see. "I think that these flowers would make a pretty boquet. What do you think, ma'am?"

Seri looked at the flowers then at Minjung. *She wants to make a boquet with these??? I don't think that it would come out good... But whatever. I just have to get this done with.*

"Okay, just do whatever you want." Seri said, still looking around the shop. Minjung brought the flowers to a table and started making a boquet out of it. Suddenly, her phone rang and she hastily picked up the call, not bothering to check who the caller was.

"Hello? Hello?" Minjung called over the other line as she carefully trimmed the flowers. "Who is this?"

"It's just me." the person on the other line said. Minjung's smiled widely as she recognized the voice. "Taekwoon-oppa, why did you call? Aren't you on work?" Minjung said. Seri's ears perked up at the name. *Taekwoon??? Sounds familiar...*

"I'm done with work... My boss let me go home early tonight." Leo said. Seri quietly went nearer to Minjung and listened carefully to their conversation.

"That's great then! You can rest earlier." Minjung said, smiling. She was already halfway done with the boquet. Seri looked at Minjung. *That must be her boyfriend.*

"Yeah, but I was thinking of dropping by over there right now." he said. Minjung's eyes widened and briefly stopped working on the boquet. "Just go home! You don't have to bother coming here."

"Is that Taekwoon-ssi?" Malja-halmeoni suddenly appeared from the storage room. Minjung and Seri turned around to look at her, quite surprised. Minjung nodded. The old lady smiled widely and went up to Minjung's table.

"Taekwoon-ssi! It's me, Malja-halmeoni! I haven't seen you in a while. Why don't you come here?" Halmeoni shouted over the speaker phone. "But halmeoni!" Minjung protested. Leo chuckled lightly on the other line. "Tell halmeoni that I'll be there right now."

Minjung sighed in defeat as she looked at the old lady. "He said he's coming right now..."

"Wonderful! Well then, I'll be right back. I'll buy us some snacks." Halmeoni said as she hurriedly went out. Minjung wrapped up the boquet and looked at it proudly. "So pretty~ What do you think, ma'am? Isn't it pretty?"

Seri looked at the boquet in awe. *It's really pretty!* Minjung proudly smiled to herself as she looked at the expression in Seri's face. *She must have liked it.*

"Seems like you're working. I'll hang up now." Leo said on the other line. "You should have realized that earlier." she scoffed playfully at him on the phone. "Well, hang up." she said. Leo shook his head on the other line. "You hang up." Minjung chuckled and finally hung up on him. She looked back at Seri and smiled. "Do you like it, ma'am?"

Seri nodded her head and took out her wallet. "How much?" Minjung went to the cash register and took her payment. 

"Was that your boyfriend?" Seri asked curiously. Minjung blushed, taken aback by her question. She shook her head. "No, he's not. Just a friend." Minjung said shyly.

"Ahh... I see..." Seri said as she picked up the boquet. *Doesn't look like it to me, though* Seri looked at the boquet and lightly brushed her hands on the petals. *Too bad... I really want to keep this boquet. It's so pretty~ Maybe I could just ask Jina to give this to me if ever she decides to throw this after the party*

"Thank you for coming, ma'am. Please come again!" Minjung bowed as Seri turned her heels to go. *It's this late already? Aish, I should get home fast.* Seri thought as she looked at her watch. She looked back at the boquet that she was holding. *But maybe I could just give Jina another boquet... I really want to keep this one.* Seri went back inside the flower shop and told Minjung that she was planning on buying another boquet.

The door opened and a man walked inside the flower shop. Minjung looked up to see who the new customer was, and her lips curved a smile. "Oppa."

"Hey." Leo greeted, a small smile playing on his lips. He placed a small box on the counter. "What's this?" Minjung looked at the box curiously. "Open it and see." he urged.

Seri hid in one of the rows of flowers and peeked at them. She tried to look closer at the man, as his back was facing her. *He looks manly... and his built looks familiar...* Seri looked at Minjung, who was opening the box that the man had supposedly given her. She looked at the surprised, blushing face of the younger girl.

"The store that was selling these chocolates was still open when I passed by... so I thought that maybe you'd like to taste them. They're really good." Leo said. He picked up a piece of chocolate and held it near Minjung's mouth. "Eat."

Minjung shyly opened and ate the chocolate. She marvelled at the delicious chocolate. "It really is good!" she squealed. Leo chuckled at her cuteness. *She likes it a lot, huh?* "Feed me some, too!" a voice suddenly said from behind him. Leo turned around and saw Malja-halmeoni smiling at him.

"How have you been, halmeoni? It's been a while." Leo greeted politely. Seri's eyes grew as wide as saucers and gape wide open. *It can't be... Leo-oppa?!*

Seri quickly ran out of the store, surprising the people inside. "Who was that?" Leo asked. "A customer. She bought a boquet here for her friend's birthday tomorrow." Minjung said. Halmeoni turned to look back at the two and held out a plastic bag. "Well, why don't we all have some snacks before going home?"

Meanwhile, Seri's mind was cramped in thoughts about what she just saw. *What is he doing there? How do they know each other?!* The scene earlier replayed in Seri's mind. *Leo-oppa was feeding her... and he even smiled at her... Could they be dating?!* she looked at the boquet that she was holding. "I must tell Jina about this."


HI! :D It has been quite a while since my last update right? I'm sorry (T_T) Anyway, how are you guys coping up with VIXX's comeback? lol I'm dying to see them again~ <3 I'm sure it will become another hit! Let's make our boys become the trend! <3 (●⌒∇⌒●)