Confession

Only U

                                                   

 

After getting home from work, Leo had decided to log in to his messenger and see if he received any messages from his family.
*None. I guess they're too busy to check up on me.* Leo heaved a sigh. He was about to log out when a message popped up and he read it. *It's from Taemi noona... Turn on your camera.*

Leo did as told and he his camera.

"Hey lil bro! How have you been?! I've been wanting to call you but you're always offline! How could you?!" she sputtered. Leo chuckled a bit. It was nice to see his noona again.

"Hey, it's been a while, noona. Sorry." he said quietly. "How's mom and dad?" Leo asked worriedly. Taemi smiled at him. "Don't worry about them too much. They're doing fine, though mom constantly whines that she misses you a lot." she said as she laughed. "Dad missed you a lot, too. He constantly asks me to check on you."

Leo's lips curved into a small smile. *It's good to know that they're doing fine. I hope they could visit me here soon. I miss them a lot...*

"What about you? What's up lately?" Taemi asked. Leo shook his head lightly. "Nothing much, noona. It's still the same for me." he said quietly.

*This boy looks a little strange...* Taemi thought as she observed Leo's behavior from the screen. "Were you in trouble again???" she looked at him strangely. 

Leo frantically waved his hands away. "I did not!" he defended. *Well, I guess I could say I'm pretty much in trouble... because of someone.* Leo thought as he raked his fingers through his hair and sighed deeply.

"Spill it." his sister demanded and looked at him closely from the screen. Leo sighed heavily. *I really hate it whenever she uses that tone of hers. Damn it.*

Leo sighed another heavy sigh before he finally told her everything about the things that happened between him and Minjung for the past weeks. 

"I don't know anymore, noona... This is so confusing!" he cried, but Taemi smiled at him, fully knowing the situation. "I think you like her." she said. Leo scoffed. "I don't like her." *How could I like her when I don't even know much about her in the first place? Shouldn't you like a person when you get to know them enough?*

"Based on the things you told me, I can safely say that you like her, though. Why not admit it? The world would be a happier place if you do~" she said and winked playfully at him. *And I actually want to meet this Minjung you were talking about. I think she's a wonderful girl, seeing that you were smiling and laughing the whole time you told me about her.*

Leo rolled his eyes. "That can't be possible, noona, however I think of it. I know when I like something and I would definitely know when I like someone. Minjung is just a female acquaintance." he pointed out. *I know myself.*

*Acquaintance, eh? What a word.* Taemi scoffed to herself. "Tell me, then. Have you ever liked somebody in your life?" his noona asked. Leo smirked. *Is she kidding me?! Of course I've liked people!*

"I like my friends, and there's a bunch of them. I like a lot of singers, too." he said proudly. Taemi sighed and rolled her eyes. *Aigoo. He really is stupid sometimes.*

"Okay. Let's get to the main point." she paused and looked at Leo seriously. "Do you think you could love this Minjung girl? Romantically?"

Although the question caught Leo off-guard, he kept his cool and shook his head no. Taemi sighed again. *He's so hopeless.*

"Jung Taekwoon." Taemi called. "I really think that you are pretty hopeless in the love department for now... I understand that. But I really hope that it wouldn't be all too late for you when the time comes you decide to fall in love. It's true that there are a lot of girls out there, but remember that there is only one girl that is truly meant for you. I hope you realize that." she said earnestly. "I'm not telling you to rush, I'm just telling you that you should start doing something, you know. Who knows? Minjung might be the one for you."

"Okay , okay. I get it." Leo said lifelessly. *But why Minjung? Out of all people?* he wondered. Taemi pursed her lips and sighed. "Now I have to worry about you more."

Leo smiled. "Don't worry about me, noona. You know I can take care of myself." he assured.

"Whatever you say... Just leave me a message or send me a video call if ever you have problems again." Taemi said worriedly.

"But I have my guy friends here to help me." Leo said. 

"Pabo! There are problems that only girls could help you with!" his noona shouted. Leo chuckled lightly before they ended the call.

 

Leo went out of his room to drink a glass of water when he saw the boys talking in the living room, in a circle. *What are these idiots doing?*

"Oh, hyung! Wanna join us?" Hongbin called. Leo put his glass down and went to the boys. "What's this?" he asked.
"We're just discussing about our past love and some advices. Why don't you just listen with us hyung?" Hongbin said. "Yeah, come here!" the other boys said.

*This is stupid... But I guess this is better than staying in my room. I'm a bit curious about their love lives, too.* Leo thought as he entered the circle and sat between Hongbin and Hyuk.

"As I was saying, I fell in love with her before I even realized it." Ken said.

"When did you realize, hyung? Did something happen?" Hyuk innocently asked. *That's right... When? How?* Leo thought as he listened closely.

Ken chuckled as he reminisced his love. "She was on my mind 24/7. I would smile and laugh whenever I was with her. Although I do smile and laugh often, it just felt different when I was with her." The other boys squirmed in delight.

"But if you were so happy with her, why did you guys break up?" Hyuk asked again. Ken slung his arm on Hyuk's shoulder. *Hyuk is so cute~*

"We broke up because we couldn't get our parents' permission." Ken said as he feigned tears. Hyuk, who was saddened by the story, started to tear up. "W-why would they not allow you guys to date???" Hyuk asked as he tried to stop his tears.

"Because we were only 4 years old at that time." Ken said. All the guys gaped at him. "WHAT?!"

"Hey! There's nothing wrong with 4 year olds falling in love!" Ken defended. 

"This discussion is going nowhere. Next!" Ravi said as he pointed to Hyuk, who was now staring blankly to space. "Hyuk's too emotionally shocked right now. Let N-hyung go next, Ravi." Hongbin said.

"Well then, N-hyung. Anything to share?" Ravi called. N shook his head no. "Let Leo go first while I try to remember mine." he said as he playfully raised his brows up and down. Ravi got the message and cleared his throat.

"So I guess, Leo-hyung will have to speak next!" Ravi said as he grinned. The other boys cheered loudly as Leo looked around uneasily.

"Go on, hyung!" Ken and the younger boys urged.

Leo looked at them indifferently. "I don't have anything to share." he said bluntly.

"That's impossible! Tell us about Minjung!" N teased. Leo shook his head. "I don't have anything to say about her." *I don't know a lot about her.*

"Anything at all?" Ken asked. Leo shook his head no again. The boys sighed in defeat.

"But there is one thing though..." Leo spoke. The boys looked at him expectantly.

"Go on, go on. Tell us." N urged as he and the boys waited for Leo to continue.

Leo rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "I keep thinking about her."

The boys quickly shot up and jumped in happiness at Leo's confession.

"That is good, hyung!" Hongbin said excitedly. "What is?" Leo asked, totally confused. The boys sat back down and were smiling from ear-to-ear.

"It's a sign!" Ravi shouted as the others continued to shriek in happiness and excitement.

"I don't get you guys at all..." Leo said as he stood up. *I'll just go to sleep. This is pointless.*

"Hyung!" Hongbin pulled him down. Leo looked at him in surprise. *D-did he just... do that?*

"Hyung! Listen!" Ken called. "Thinking about a girl is a sign that she's become a special part of your life!" the other boys nodded in agreement.

Leo looked at them, aghast. *What are they talking about now?!*

"Hyung, you said you keep thinking about Minjung." Ravi said. Leo nodded uncertainly. "Then she means something to you!"

"That doesn't make sense. I think about other people constantly, too. Not just her." Leo pointed out. N shook his head and clucked his tongue. "Oh my, naïve Jung Leo~ Thinking about other people is different from thinking about Minjung!" 

"No, it's not. There's no difference. Minjung is not any different from the people I think about." Leo said.

"Leo, we are aware that Minjung is special to you. And we're pretty sure that you're aware of that yourself." N said. 

"How are you so sure of that? You guys don't know what I'm thinking." Leo scoffed.

*I just want to hit Leo everytime he's being dense.* N sighed. "It is true that we don't always know what you're thinking about, but we can easily read through your actions, Leo." N paused as he sincerely smiled at Leo. "We know she's become someone special to you now. Aside from the fact that you admitted on thinking about her constantly, your emotions also change easily because of her."

"That's right, hyung. Before, it was really, really rare for us to see you smile and laugh. But after Minjung came into our lives, you changed drastically." Ravi paused as he looked at his hyung, smiling. "We see you smile and laugh often, and you seem like you're in a good mood every day."

N gently patted Leo's back. "See? Even the boys could attest to that. She is special to you, Leo. You like her." the other boys firmly nodded in agreement.

Leo stared blankly onto space, realization finally hitting him. *Now that I think about it, I didn't even notice those things... I guess they're right... I think... I think I like her...*

A genuine smile crept on Leo's face and the boys' faces brightened.

 


"Yeah... I think I like her."