First Step

Only U

                                                                     

 

"This theory states that all men were created equal..." the teacher said. Minjung sighed heavily as she looked out the window. *Just a few more minutes and class will be over.*

Minjung slightly jerked when someone lightly poked her back. "What's with the heavy sigh?" her classmate asked. Minjung looked at her and reassured her that she's fine before quickly turning back to the front.

*I'm not fine. How can I be when I have to keep on worrying about Taekwoon-oppa? I wonder how he's doing...*

At that moment, Minjung's phone vibrated, indicating a new text. She sneakily took out her phone and was surprised to see the sender. *I-It's T-Taekwoon-oppa!* Minjung gulped as she hastily opened the text.

"Hi, it's me, your Taekwoon-oppa. Let's go out on a date. I'll be waiting for you behind your school. Waiting at the front gate is a bit troublesome. Hoping to see you."

*A d-d-date?! A DATE?!* Minjung's eyes widened twice their size as she tried to keep herself from screaming in excitement, but her body failed to obey her when she unconciously fist-pumped the air.

"Something exciting must have happened, Ms. Ryu Minjung. Mind sharing it to the class?" the teacher suddenly said. Minjung looked around and sure enough, her classmates were giving her strange looks. *Uh-oh... crap.*

"I'm sorry, sir." she apologized as she hung her head low in shame. The teacher cleared his throat and continued with the lesson.

 

Minjung skipped out of school quickly and made her way to the back of the school, where she was supposed to meet Leo. *There he is!* Minjung smiled to herself when she saw him leaning on the wall. *Looking cool as always.*

"Hey." she called out quietly as she made her way towards him. Leo's face brightened and blushed when he saw Minjung. *She really came!*

"H-hey." he sheepishly said as he rubbed the back of his head. "Um, let's g-go?"

Minjung nodded shyly. "Yeah." 

 

The two went their way to the busy streets of Seoul, with Leo leading the way for Minjung. People pointed their way as they passed by. "Isn't he that VIXX guy? What was his name again?" "Who's the girl with Leo-oppa?!" "I've never seen her face before. Why is she with Leo?"

Minjung hung her head low as they walked. *What am I even doing here? This is so awkward...* Leo glanced her way and took her hand, lightly squeezing it. "Don't mind them. I'm here." he assured as he awkwardly cleared his throat. Minjung gratefully smiled at him. 

*They're just jealous 'cause I have the most beautiful girl in the world as my date.* blush crept on his cheeks at the thought, but he felt happy anyway.

The two arrived in a movie theater, much to Minjung's surprise. "What would you like to watch?" Leo asked. Minjung shrugged uncertainly. "I-I really don't know a lot about movies... You pick, oppa. I don't mind."

Leo pursed his lips as he seriously contemplated on what movie they should watch. After a few minutes of internal debate, Leo finally got them a movie ticket.

"What kind of movie is this, oppa?" Minjung asked as she looked up at him then at the ticket in her hand. Leo took it from her and kept their tickets in his pocket. "You'll find out later. But for now, we have to wait for the next screening. Where would you like to go?"

Minjung tapped her chin in thought. "I'm starting to get hungry... Why don't we find something to eat?" she said. "Okay. I'm getting hungry, too." Leo said as he led the way, holding Minjung's hand again.

After the meal, the two started to head back to the movie theater. "You should have at least let me pay for our meal, oppa!" Minjung angrily stomped beside Leo, arms crossed to her chest. *You paid for our tickets... I should give my share, too!*

Leo blew air into his cheeks in annoyance. *Aish! Doesn't she understand that men should be paying for everything on the first date?!*

"Listen," Leo sternly called. "I'm the guy, so most of the time I should be paying for our dates. This is our first date, so I should pay for everything. We can fairly split our responsibilities next time."

Minjung's eyes widened and her cheeks blushed. *D-dates??? Is he... Wait. He said 'dates'. Does that mean...* she took a quick glance at the upset Leo and gasped lightly. *He's planning on taking me out on a date again?!*

The two finally entered the movie theater and Minjung immediately felt the glum and awkward atmosphere once she took the seat beside Leo. She took another quick glance at Leo and sighed quietly. *He's really upset because of me... I guess he was right. This is our first date. I should quickly say sorry before things get sour...*

"Oppa?" Minjung whispered as she lightly poked Leo's arm. The latter's eyes were glued on the screen, completely ignoring her. Minjung sighed as she looked at the indifferent Leo. 

"Oppa, I know you can hear me." she quietly said. Minjung turned her head to look at Leo apologetically. "I'm sorry about earlier, Taekwoon-oppa. Please don't be upset. I only acted like that because I don't want you to think that I'm such a burden to you. Forgive me, please? I promise I'll let everything up to you today... Just forgive me and talk to me, please?"

Leo looked at her but quickly looked away, blushing and feeling a bit guilty for making Minjung feel bad. "W-whatever. Just concentrate on the movie. I don't want our tickets to go to waste."
Minjung's expression lightened and she unconciously hugged Leo in happiness. He felt his face heat up and his body going stiff from the contact. *What's happening?!* Minjung finally let go, blushing when she realized what she had done. The two awkwardly cleared their throats and tried hard to concentrate on the movie. Both failing miserably to do so in the end.


"That was, uh, a good movie. I like it." Minjung said as she laughed uneasily. The two were walking out of the movie theater. *I bet he's thinking I'm such a erted girl! Why did I do that?!* she mentally hit her head. 

"S-sure. I'm g-glad you like it." Leo said as he blushed. 

"But I guess I have to go home now." Minjung mumbled as she looked at her watch. She turned around to face Leo and bowed gratefully. "Thank you for everything, oppa."

Leo put his hands in his pockets as he tried to hide his blushing face. "Sure." he muttered.

Minjung smiled before turning the other way to go home. "Wait!" Leo called. Minjung stopped to look at him. "I'll send you home." he said.

 

"Thank you for taking me home, Taekwoon-oppa." Minjung bowed. "And sorry for the trouble... Good night." Minjung turned to go inside when Leo spoke.

"I was wondering..." he started, blush slowly creeping up. Minjung spun around to look at him. "I was wondering if I could take you out on another date..." he quietly said as he looked down on the ground with his hands in his pockets.

Minjung gasped lightly as her eyes widened in surprise. *Another date?!* she smiled and nodded her head. "Sure, oppa. I'll be waiting." she said and blushed.

Leo lifted his head but quickly looked down on the ground again as he tried to hide his growing smile.

"Well, I'll be going in. Take care, oppa." Minjung quietly said as she headed to her apartment.

Leo giggled to himself as he started to walk the other way. *So this is how it feels after a date...* Leo thought as he happily skipped home. *Then I'm looking forward for more!*