Misunderstanding Pt.1

Only U

                                                          

 

"Yes---" Leo's eyes widened in surprise. *Minjung?! What is she doing here?!*

"Y-you," Leo croaked. "What are you doing here???"

Minjung gaped at him. *He works here?!* "Leo-ssi... I-I seriously didn't expect to find you here..." Although Minjung had become quite close with the boys, she isn't in the 'oppa-dongsaeng' terms with Leo yet. And only Leo.

"Come here." Leo said as he led Minjung to a table. "Sit. I'll make you something." he said and walked back to the counter. Minjung looked around the cafe, still wondering why it was so quiet. *Maybe because they didn't put up a sign outside? I wouldn't have thought that this was a cafe, too, if I hadn't smelled coffee here...*

"So, what are you doing here?" Leo quietly asked as he served Minjung a cup of coffee, sat down across from her and took a sip of his own cup of coffee.

"I was on my way home when I smelled coffee. I followed the smell and ended up here." she answered softly. Leo looked up at her. *She... smelled the coffee I was making???* He put down his cup and leaned forward.

"But how did you end up in this area?" Leo asked again. *Doesn't she live like, 30 minutes away from here?* he thought as he waited for her to answer.

Minjung glanced at him but quickly looked away. *He looks so scary...* "I was walking around, looking for a job... I didn't even notice that I was already a bit far away from home..." she quietly said.

*But why would she look for a job though?* he wondered. "Did you find one?" Leo asked as he raised his cup to his mouth. Minjung sat up quickly and nodded enthusiastically. "I did!"

"Where?" he curiously asked. Minjung's face lit up. "In a flower shop, a few walks from here."

Leo nodded nonchalantly. *I don't know any flower shop here...* "When do you start working?" Leo asked again.

"Tomorrow. But I kinda started working a while ago..." she sheepishly said. *I guess I was too excited...*

"Too excited, huh?" Leo muttered as he took another sip of his coffee. Minjung heard that and quickly defended. "No I'm not!"
Leo glared at her. *She's so noisy.* Minjung squirmed uncomfortably at his gaze.

"I put in all my efforts to make that coffee. Aren't you going to drink it?" Leo pointed out to the cup of coffee in front of Minjung. *Ah! Stupid! How could I forget?!* she mentally slapped herself. Minjung uneasily laughed. "Of course I'll drink it!" 
Leo dramatically rolled his eyes. *Why did I even bother?*

"Wow!" Minjung suddenly said, eyes wide. "This tastes amazing!" she complimented as she happily took another sip of the delicious coffee. Leo looked at her indifferently, but deep inside, he was proud. He quickly looked outside the window and secretly grinned to himself as he took another sip on his coffee. *She likes it*

 


"It's getting late..." Minjung mumbled and looked down at her watch. *It's 11:30 PM... I missed the last bus...* she groaned inwardly and uneasily played with her fingers. Leo noticed her anxiety and quickly cleaned the cafe. "Don't worry." he said as he cleaned the last table.

"But we already missed the last bus..." Minjung looked at him worriedly.  *Does that mean that I'll have to take a cab home? But a cab's too expensive! Ottokae?!*

Leo glanced up at her and sighed inwardly. *There's nothing to be worried about. I can send her home.* He quickly took off his apron and went up to Minjung. "Let's go." he said as he went out of the door first, Minjung closely followed behind him.
Leo closed the cafe and turned around to look at Minjung, who was now looking around uneasily. *This street looks so scary...* Leo rolled his eyes.

"C'mon." he said lifelessly. Minjung quickly walked beside him. Leo secretly looked at her. *She's that scared?*

"If you were in a horror movie, I'm sure you'd be the first one to die." Leo suddenly spoke. 

Minjung glared at him. *He thinks that I'm a coward?* "Whatever. I'm sure you'd be the killer in that movie." she grumbled as she crossed her arms. 

*So she thinks I'm a bad guy?* Leo snickered. The two walked their way to the subway station. It was the only transportation they could take.

"You ride this every night?" Minjung asked as Leo swiped his card twice. He nodded. The train arrived and a few people piled out.

Leo went inside first, with Minjung trailing behind. Leo glanced around for an empty seat. *Seat, seat, seat--- There's one!* he lightly poked Minjung on her arm and pointed at the empty seat. Minjung gladly took the seat, Leo following behind and standing in front of her. "Thanks." she beamed. Leo glanced down on her and looked away, taking out his beloved headphones. *Whatever.*

"Omo! What a very cute couple!" an old woman who looked like she was on her 80s suddenly exclaimed, surprising Minjung, who blushed. Leo was quite surprised, too, but didn't show it. Instead, he lowered the volume of his mp3 and secretly listened on the conversation between Minjung and the old woman.

"Y-you got it all wrong, halmeoni! We're not a couple!" Minjung quickly defended. The old woman looked between Leo and Minjung, disbelief in her eyes.

"But you two look good together!" she exclaimed. "It can't be possible that you two are not a couple!" she said. Minjung fervently shook her head no.

"We really are not, halmeoni. We're barely even friends..." Minjung said as she sheepishly glanced at Leo, who was pretending to bob his head to the music.

The old woman chuckled and slapped Minjung's arm, much to Minjung's surprise.

"Kids these days, really." the old woman said as she clucked her tongue. "Your boyfriend is handsome and you are pretty! There's nothing to be ashamed of!" she insisted. Minjung opened to deny again but was cut off by Leo.

"Ne, halmeoni. We're a couple." he said as he flashed her a small smile. The old woman clapped her hands gleefully. *What the heck is he saying?!* Minjung thought as her eyes widened in disbelief.

"I knew it! Hahaha!" she happily pointed out. Minjung looked at Leo, totally baffled. He looked down at her.

"What?" he asked innocently. Minjung abruptly stood up and glared at him. She was about to hit him when the train stopped.
"Oh. It's our stop." Leo said as he dragged Minjung away, who was thrashing around.

"Halmeoni! He's lying!" she shouted before the train's door closed. The old woman looked at them in confusion, but chuckled. *I can see them getting married*

 


"Yah! What was that about?!" Minjung shouted. Leo flinched a bit from her loud voice. 

"She was being nosy. I only told her what she wanted to hear." he said as he started to walk out. *What's so wrong with being mistaken as a couple anyway?*

"Still! You should have let me handle the situation!" Minjung said as she tried to catch up with Leo. "I don't want to be mistaken as a couple with anybody..." she muttered as she looked down on the ground. *I never even had a boyfriend... And Leo-ssi's too good for me...*

*What?!* Leo turned around abruptly to face her. She bumped on his chest and stumbled backwards. "You think I want to be mistaken as a couple with you, too?!" he barked.

Minjung quickly shook her hands. "No! You got it wrong! What I mean is---"

"Forget it." Leo growled as he turned around to go the other way. *Damn this world!*

"Aish!" Minjung stomped in annoyance. *We're not even that close yet and we're fighting already?!* Minjung stomped some more before walking her way home. *Ottokae?!*


*glare* *glare* *glare*

Follow me on Twitter and/or on Tumblr! :D Thank you!  Btw, I follow back! (^_~)