Only one to Love Me back

Cold Hearted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn't know what to do. I stood in the room, facing my former boyfriend with my arms crossed. "Well."

"Well," I returned. The apartment was still a mess and I had packed my bags, which sat on the floor on either side of my feet.

"I can't say I'll miss you," he said finally.

"Me neither."

"Hug?" he offered. I came forward and gave him a quick squeeze, savoring the last time I would be held close to his body. I never wanted to see him again, but I also needed to feel my head on his chest. After all, he was the only real boyfriend I had and would ever get in my life.

And I left him. He took me to the airport, and I left him without a word. I would never see him again. °

I was now in South Korea, staying with my cousin, Yuri. She was a member of the dancing and singing group, Girls' Generation, also known as SNSD (Syo Nyuh Shi Dae). I felt almost sorry for her, because she had taken a vacation with me out of her busy schedule, but now, we were snowed in and couldn't leave with the streets being all icy. And I know I'm one of the worst people to be stuck with. That's why my boyfriend no longer liked me. And I was stuck here in the snow, only to replay the breakup.

"You're a slob! You never clean up and I have to do it all myself!" I yelled, looking at the apartment when I got home from work one day. Brent, my boyfriend, was drunk.

"Soooo? Cleeean it up. That'sss a woman's job-uh," he slurred. It was useless to fight his thoughts. But I couldn't take it anymore; he was always coming home drunk, and I always had to clean up his mess.

"You know what? No! I'm sick of this, Brent!" I yelled at him. He swayed around to turn to me.

"What?! Go dooo it, Nicollle!" he barked. I crossed my arms and stood there.

"No. I will not," I replied. He swung his fist around and hit me in the face, so I stood there, holding my face in alarm and pain. When I finally looked at him, I cried and ran off to the bathroom. "Hello, Yuri?" I called my Korean cousin on the phone while I sat on the edge of the bathtub.

"Annyeong, Yong-Joo. Are you alright, donsaeng-sshi?" she asked sweetly in Korean. I smiled at the warmth of her voice.

"Can I.... come to Korea? I can't stay with Brent anymore," I sputtered in bad Korean, hoping for a good answer.

"That'd be fine. If anything, my mom can take care of you," she paused. "Why can't you live with him anymore?"

"You know, he's always drunk, leaves the apartment a mess and expects me to clean it up, he hit me-"

"He hit you?! Nicole, I'm booking your flight for two days from today. Please say you still have your passport," she said. I giggled.

"Yes, unnie. Thanks so much. I love you, bye," I ended, feeling reasonably better. I would have to tell him when he was sober. °

Now here I was, stuck in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter