The Boy on the Hospital Bed

Cold Hearted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Surprise! It's a Nicole Chapter! Yay!

==================================================================

I was in the practice room with Taeyeon and Sooyoung, waiting for Chanyeol to come. I had been practicing songs with my unnies since I had nothing else to do. "Okay, so let's go over that one more time, guys," Taeyeon said. The music restarted and we did the whole dance over again. I tried remembering as much as I could.

There was a ringing sound going on in part of the song, but I tried to focus on the song instead. It was an older song, Mr. Mr., but we all decided that it was good to practice it, especially because they were doing it in a concert soon.

When we finished, I was sweating and my hair kept flopping into my eyes. I had to keep flipping it away while we were dancing to the song. I heard the ringing again and went to my phone. There were no calls, so Tae and Sooyoung checked their phones. "Annyeong, Jessica!" Sooyoung said happily. She put it on speaker so we could hear.

"Hey, dongsaeng. Is Nicole there?" she asked shakily, basically crying. I was alarmed by her terrified voice.

"Umm, yeah? I'm here, why?" I stated, stepping forward.

"Baekhyun... He's in... Someone..." Jessica couldn't finish her sentences. Sooyoung handed me the phone, so I turned off the speaker and held it up to my ear.

"Jessica, calm down. I need to know what happened," I told her steadily in English, because I knew we were both native speakers. She hushed a little when she noticed I was speaking English.

"Baekhyun is in the hospital now," she whimpered in the same language. Strong knots tied in my stomach as her words processed in my mind.

"W-why is he in the hospital?" I questioned. Tae cocked her head in confusion as to why we were speaking the wrong language.

"He got beaten up...." she quivered. I couldn't cry, so I could only take harsh breaths that formed a lump in my throat. But I had no tears for some reason. Chanyeol burst through the door.

"Hey, Nicole. Woah, are you okay?" Chanyeol asked sympathetically. I went over and hugged him, happy to feel his body against mine.

"Tell me where he is, unnie," I ordered softly in only our first language. She gave me the hospital and room number, to which I repeated out loud to Chanyeol.

"Do you... want to... go there?" Chanyeol replied awkwardly. I pouted and nodded in response.

"Can we come, Chanyeol-ah? He is a friend of ours, too," Sooyoung said. I wasn't sure if that was true, but he said okay anyway.

When we arrived, we found a beaten boy, lying unconscious on the hospital bed. He was so peaceful and quiet, even though he looked painful as hell. He had bruises and many cuts covering his face. There were no emotions left on his face other than calmness.

"Baekhyun is in critical condition. If we had gotten him much later, he would've died from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter