Lost in Snow

Cold Hearted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That was the only scene replaying in my head as I walked the empty streets that night, running away from my horrible reality. My mom and dad had abandoned me a few weeks ago, so I fell in love with a girl, who brought me back food and warm blankets. Her mom let me inside, but her dad hated me with a passion. I was told that I had to go, he didn't care where, but I had to leave. So I asked Hyo Min to come with me if I left, and she agreed.

Until now.

Now I was only walking alone, passing closed stores and orange street lights. I no longer had anywhere to go. I drifted away from the town into the woods to not be seen by people as a broken, desperate, and homeless soul. I was not desperate or broken, but I was without a home. I traveled around every individual tree, getting as lost as I possibly could. Or as lost as I needed to be. The sun came up, and I was far away from civilization. But the problem was, I was freezing, sweaty, and dehydrated. When I needed help the most, everyone was gone.

As my feet ached and crumbled, I allowed myself to take a break. I lied down in the fallen leaves, breathing harder than before but still not hard enough to concern me. Soon enough, I finished my "break" and kept going. Well, at least until I heard a blood curdling howl, so I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around. I saw a fierce wolf growling at me, which made me stumble backwards and trip over a log, and I figured out there was a downhill part right behind that log. I fell and rolled down, hitting branches and rocks until I was finally caught by a tree at my left side. My side felt as if I'd rather die than suffer such pain.

There was silence for a while as I refused to move. I closed my eyes and hoped it wouldn't last much longer. When I opened my eyes again, there were white balls falling from the sky; Snow. How long was I out? I sat up immediately and got up, ignoring any pain that may have bothered me. My feet made a successful crunch in the newly fallen snow that had painted over the ground as I walked down the hill to a lake.

"Thank god," I stated once I noticed there was a water source in sight. I ran down the rest of the hill and once I got down, I jabbed my hands into the water. Well, more like onto it; I felt awful when I realized that the lake was frozen solid, or to be more accurate, at least seven centimeters thick. It must have been frozen for a long time for it to be this thick. No animal could survive like this, leading me to believe that no wolves would occupy this forest. No water, freezing, snowing, no food. Best conditions to sleep in.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter