When Yes is the Wrong Answer

Cold Hearted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, I woke up with the strange feeling that something was wrong. "Baekhyun, wake up. Jessica is here," Yuri said, shaking me awake. I sat up and rubbed my eyes tiredly.

"Umm, yeah, okay. I'll be down in a second. Just... let me get dressed first," I replied, still barely awake. Yuri left and I dressed myself accordingly for Jessica. Some regular jeans and a blue button-up shirt that I knew she liked. When I finished, I left the room and went downstairs to find my girlfriend in the living room. I smiled at her and held up my hand, which she immediately met and linked with hers.

"Hi, Baekkie. I'm sorry I had to leave yesterday. I hope they treated you well," Jessica said softly as she buried her face in my chest. Seohyun (I could finally tell the difference) came in from the kitchen, and she had barely taken one look at us before her whole expression changed from normal to shocked beyond compare.

"Seohyun, you okay?" I asked concernedly and Jessica looked at her and scowled. This only made Seohyun look even more terrified. The girl in my arms mouthed something to the youngest, so Seohyun looked up to me to ignore Jessica. "Seohyun?"

"Yes. I'm fine," she finally answered, even though her eyes said Please help me. She was now staring at something behind me, so I turned and saw Yuri and Taeyeon glaring at her.

"Guys, what are you doing? Is Seohyun in trouble or something?" I asked. The two girls looked up at me innocently and shook their heads with a smile.

"No, sorry. We just... had a staring contest?" Yuri covered badly.

"Yes. A staring contest. We do that often. I'll go to the kitchen now," Seohyun chimed in, leaving to go back to the kitchen. Why were her words so stiff?

"Baekkie, let's go to the park. I'm sure Nicole can keep Chanyeol under control by now," Jessica remarked with a giggle. I smiled and kissed her head, ignoring the pain in my heart when she referred to Nicole and Chanyeol.

"Okay, c'mon. Let's go," I replied, opening the door for her. She blushed and went out, taking my hand quickly as I closed the door and left with her.

We walked to the park as expected, but Jessica was rather bossy today. "Let's go this way," she said, pulling me off the path with her. I didn't respond for the first few times, but then it got annoying.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter