Found, but Still Lost in Her Eyes

Cold Hearted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Uh, sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"I really don't care. But if Nicole finds out, we're dead. So don't tell her anything, got it?" she said. I nodded and looked away to avoid eye contact. The awful pounding against my skull had returned and the lights in the room felt like daggers on my eyes. My stomach churned again, and I let out a choked cough because my lungs felt like they were being squeezed and tightened. "Baek, are you okay?" she questioned.

"I'll be fine. My head just hurts a little bit, but I'll be okay," I replied.

"But I asked if you were okay now," Jessica retorted.

"I will be, don't worry," I dodged her question. "Can you take me home?" I asked childishly, trying to cover it up by standing up straight and looking manly. She smiled at my terrible attempt.

"Sure, I'll take you home. Go to the car. I need to do one more thing before I go," she said. I obeyed and left the building, waiting for her in the car. My headache still whacked at my brain and my stomach was still doing backflips, but my eyes' pain was eased by the lack of light outside in the rainy atmosphere. I saw her coming back to the car through the darkness and rain, hugging herself to keep warm.

"Jess?" I asked quietly. She turned to me.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry. I'm an idiot, I shouldn't have kissed you, and I won't do it-"

"Baek, it's okay. I liked it, but it's just that I don't think Nicole would like it," she interrupted me. My cheeks burned with embarrassment as I heard her words.

I got home, went inside, and tried to sleep in my room, hoping that would make me feel better. It didn't as I realized Nicole was in there. "Hello, oppa," she greeted me. I grunted.

"Hi, babe," I sighed. She came over to my bed and kissed my head.

"What's up with you?" Nicole asked sympathetically.

"My head just hurts and I'm exhausted," I told her.

The next day was even worse. Everything ached and I stayed in bed. "C'mon, Baekhyun. It's time to get up," Yuri stated.

"I don't want to, Yuri..." I groaned. She tugged my arm to get me out of bed, but it didn't work. "Please, Yuri!" I begged.

"Baekhyun, please get out of bed. I need to go soon," she sighed. I shook my head, so she felt my forehead. "Fine. You can stay here; I don't want to get my other members get sick," she said, dropping my hand.

"Bye, Yuri. Have fun with them," I said as she left the room.

Nicole burst into the room with a cardboard box. "Baekkie! You got mail!" she squealed.

"How would I get mail? Is it from Jessica?" I asked tiredly, so she handed it to me. "Mister and Missus-" Byun. Oh my god. My parents knew where I was now.

"Mister and Missus who?" she asked. It took a few seconds to answer.

"Byun. My parents," I replied. My hands instantly tore at the package, opening it as fast as possible. It was only clothes and the phone and phone charger I had left when I ran away. No note or anything. Just items that didn't mean nearly as much as words. I got up and put the clothing away in the drawers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter